Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 43 Discussion

May 30, 2008 8:52 AM
Vermillion

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not much to note as almost the entire episode was small skirmishes.

The Rosenritter attack looked like it was going to be successful. Reuental has got some good hand to hand skills.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.

Oct 22, 2008 11:50 AM

Enjoyed watching Reuental fighting hand to hand. It was fun watching a battle between two military geniuses. Now I can't wait for Operation Ragnarok to go in full swing.

Oct 25, 2008 10:04 PM

Haha did anyone go "GO ROSENRITTERS" when they were attacking ? Too bad ovlessor's dead.

Feb 9, 2009 6:34 AM

Even the budgetary-restrained animation wasnt enough to take away from the awesome fight scene. Was really wondering who would die and was glad they both made it out alive.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Mar 15, 2009 11:42 AM
Reuenthal is a total badass (he even has Wakamoto voicing him, which only adds to his awesomeness). I was worried he was going to meet his demise in this episode, but thankfully that didn't happen. :>

Anyways, this was probably one of my favourite episodes so far. Good stuff.

Jun 21, 2009 8:45 AM

Man, that was a close one. I was a bit worried about Reuenthal, but he proved to be able to take care of himself. Of course, being voiced by Wakamoto gives him super strength, but he's still a badass on his own. Hopefully we'll be able to see him in hand to hand combat again.

Cant wait to see how Ragnarok goes down, and what kind of an impact Julian will have on it when the Empire goes through Phezzan.

Sep 7, 2009 12:14 AM

really impressive fight scene.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Sep 15, 2009 3:43 PM

I'm somewhat glad to see that Reuenthal can manage himself well in hand-to-hand combat as well as he does in a fleet battle. Leave it to the Rosenritter to stir anything up.

Nov 8, 2009 4:12 PM

Cool fight scene, I'm glad that both survived.

Jan 7, 2010 7:38 AM

awesome fights..
but someone needs to die really.

the blond dude has much more power that Yang..
its not fair lol)

May 12, 2010 12:41 AM

Wow, for a minute there I was sure that either Reuenthal or Schenkopp would die o.o Glad that they both made it out alive. I just hope Mittermeyer survives the Ragnarok D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

Jun 7, 2010 10:51 PM

That was one hell of a moment seeing Schenkopp walk in on Reuenthal in the locker room. Did you see those two Rosenritter soldiers get shot in the face? DAMN!!

Sep 24, 2010 1:53 PM

wow Reuental got some moves hehe :)

it was a good episode...some parts were a bit hard to digest though

Yang's already missing Julian :(

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Nov 26, 2010 10:54 PM

Someone explain to me why he needs to hide if his armor is laser-proof?

Why is there camera in the Reinhard court?
Modified by Confucius, Nov 26, 2010 11:05 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Nov 26, 2010 11:51 PM

Confucius said:
Someone explain to me why he needs to hide if his armor is laser-proof?

Was he hiding before Reuntal got hold of the knife or after? oh and was his head covered as well? (I'm asking cuz I dont remember this ep)

Why is there camera in the Reinhard court?

So he can watch his own cape swishing on his 72' Bravia PlasmaTV
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Nov 27, 2010 11:40 AM

koreye said:

Was he hiding before Reuntal got hold of the knife or after? oh and was his head covered as well? (I'm asking cuz I dont remember this ep)

No, before he even got to Reuental. He was fighting with the soldiers and he was "almost" trapped on both sides
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Mar 20, 2011 7:25 PM

So Reinhard is finally going out himself, now maybe we will get to see him clash with Yang...

Apr 8, 2011 7:29 AM

Axe domination against guns always require the audience's suspension of disbelief. I might not catch the details but if the suit is indeed laser proof then I'll raise the same question as Confucius.

Aug 11, 2011 8:46 PM
You know as much as I like the Rosenritters I was a little pissed that they inflict so much damage while avoiding any of their own...even axes vs guns, but I must say I was pleased to see that Reuental had skill!

Nov 5, 2011 2:25 PM

Loved the badass fights, but man, those soldiers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Looking forward to seeing the full out Ragnarok siege.

Dec 8, 2011 2:49 PM
Reuntal is a badass. The Empire has so many awesome characters.

And those two Rosenritters got shot in the face. Damn. Even the cabin boy-esque attentants to the admiral have better aim than the Star Wars Stormtroopers.

Jan 7, 2012 11:35 PM

A few Rossenritters were killed.
There were a few other bodies with their armor strewn about during the retreat, that weren't the two who got shot in the face.

That battle was tense.
I didn't know who to cheer for since both have been well developed and are fun characters.

Jan 12, 2012 5:42 AM

Well, you never know whether the enemy used zephyr particles or not, axes are very effective when it comes to tight or crowded places. There's still the armor issue - even though it's durable, it still has weak spots (joints), so now you see why Schenkopp & Co. hid from the incoming lazzor fire. That's why axes > guns. At least during boarding actions or other assault operations.

Still, against non-armored targets even laser pistol is deadly.

Feb 6, 2012 5:29 AM

The starships in the last scene looked like hearts.

Feb 7, 2012 6:09 PM

Glad they both survived. Wouldn't want them dying just yet.

Mar 31, 2012 4:15 AM

Oskar is a badass xD.
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)

Apr 7, 2012 8:38 AM
I like both Schenkopp and Reuenthal. And I suppose I am happy both are still alive. But at the same time I'm disappointed because one dying would have changed the plot up more than the stalemate.

However, I'm sure they'll both play critical roles in upcoming episodes, so I can't complain.

Apr 29, 2012 12:34 PM

Reuenthal was channeling his inner Wakamoto there. I knew he'd be safe because he hasn't reached his full potential within the story yet, but I had no such assurance with Schenkopp. Considering that --

insipidclownfish said:
one dying would have changed the plot up more than the stalemate

-- it would've actually been interesting to see Schenkopp be killed.

I like the parallel between Julian's cat and Yang's superiors on Heinessen. Both can "understand words," to quote Yang, but neither can comprehend the actual meaning of those words -- the cat just trots away in boredom before Yang can finish and Yang's superiors just send him back to Iserlohn without heeding his counsel. In both cases, it's clear that Julian is just as important to Yang as Siegfried was to Reinhard.

Jun 4, 2012 7:17 PM

I like how Yang summarized Schenkopp failing to kill Reuental as "So, you failed to change history?". Indeed, this series would have turned out very differently had Reuental died here. Got to say, that I really approved of the animation upgrade in this episode. The battle scene between Reuental and Schenkopp felt very intense.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jul 6, 2013 8:52 AM

Axe vs. guns. I love it this show! Even if the gunners weren't even aiming for the axemen, that was awesome. Schenkopp totally could have taken Reuental out, too, if it wasn't for his insistence to practically ask permission first and Reuental's gymnastics.

Poor Yang's kitty even misses Julian. If anything happens to the boy, the soldiers will be devastated. I'm so worried that he'll be the next major character to go. He's, very loosely, the Kircheis to Yang's Reinhard.

I could sit here and watch this show all day long, but I have things to do. ;o;

Jul 31, 2013 12:27 AM

Great Boss to Boss Fight!

Sep 17, 2013 9:39 AM

So apparently admiral Reuentall or however the hell you spell his name is actually pretty badass, Being a commander he was pretty good at hand-to-hand combat.

Aside from that, I look forward to the new development that will take place once the Empire invades the Allied Planet Alliance's territory through Phezzan.

Nov 6, 2013 4:29 PM

Walter VS Oskar was so hyped! I didn't have time to root for one over the other because of the excitement.

This entire battle. including the Rosenritter's invasion was well-played. Now it looks like the diversions are over and the real plan starts now.

Feb 27, 2014 1:35 PM

Didn't really like that boarding. Reuental versus Schenkopp was nice, but those other troops need to learn to aim... There is guy charging you with axe and he takes few seconds to reach you and you can't kill or even hit him? If armour being laser proof is the problem, can't they just use real firearms?

Aug 6, 2014 10:17 AM

Ah! The Imperial Stormtroopers make a return!

Sep 28, 2014 7:06 AM

I have an extremely bad feeling about Heinrich (Frauleins' cousin). I have a feeling hes going to rebel or something. Maybe do something that will force Reinhard to call of the invasion. God I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully Heinrich doesn't do anything stupid, otherwise I swear I'll be headbutting the wall again.

GO EMPIRE GO!! Crush those corrupt Allaince politicians!!

Nov 6, 2014 8:55 PM

Heinrich definitely seemed like he was gonna be up to no good last time we saw him.

Dec 31, 2014 2:27 AM

Close call for Reuental. Nice moment that had me thrilled.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Jan 7, 2015 6:04 PM
Reuental reaching new levels of awesome.

Expected Schenkopp to be killed.

Feb 28, 2015 3:41 PM

The operation is turning out pretty well. I liked the strategy in this episode. The rest of this operation is going to be awesome!

Mar 8, 2015 9:51 AM

Dat ending was epic! Looking forward to see what's next.

May 28, 2015 9:15 AM

Reuental vs Schenkopp was pretty GAR, really liking how epic this battle is and it will only get better by the looks of it :o

Jun 29, 2015 2:04 AM

Decent episode. Didn't expect Reuental to be so strong with hand to hand. Found it funny how Schenkopp just came back smiling despite failing to kill Reuental

Jul 21, 2015 9:18 AM

and so it begins

Oct 13, 2015 5:03 PM

Wow Reuental was basically even with Schenkopp haha, that's means he's an absolute beast in hand to hand which was unexpected. But I suppose if you remember his and MittenMeyers flashback episode we did see them do some hand to hand so they aren't scrubs at least.

Now I can probably see how Julian will meet Reinhard since Reinhard's going throgh the Phezzen corridor. Looks like shits going to go down next episode.

Mar 3, 2016 3:25 PM

AND THE END with reinhart and hilda the spacecrafts seemed hearts
what is it means?? haha
the fight with revental was so good only with knifes

Apr 2, 2016 2:21 AM

Reuental is so cool. New hazubendo!

Jun 13, 2016 3:43 PM

Hildegarde's looking real good in that imperial uniform :p

I really though Schenkopp was going to be the one to die there. It's even better that both Him and Reuenthal came out alive since I like both of their characters.

Oct 29, 2016 5:15 AM

This episode is the weakest so far, it has some stupid moments with Schenkopp surviving like that in an imperial ship filled with trained soldiers, its a plot armor.
I hope i will never see things like that again.

Mar 19, 2017 2:39 AM

The firsts steps in this large war, or also seems!!!! ;)
The Rosen Ritter, is a pain their failed!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »