Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 3, 2010 1:03 AM
Oct 2008
Who here notice the resemblance between Roger/Rayleigh & Luffy/Zoro
Roger = Straw hat
Rayleigh = Sword/Scar on eye

Luffy = Straw hat
Zoro = Sword/Scar on eye

In the future Luffy is going to be a pirate king and Zoro is going to be our new Dark king xD
Nov 3, 2010 1:33 AM

May 2010
paranomia19 said:

JusticeGundam said:
Shyster said:
I didn't think much of Caribou when he was first introduced, but he looks like he might become interesting within the next few chapters. I wonder what kind of substance he turns into?
At first I thought of wax, but we all know that one is taken. Then I thought of water, but why would Oda waste such an awesome power on someone who will just get annihilated by Luffy within a few chapters?

But I think it's some liquid substance. Dunno whut tho :

It has to be something very viscous i think, so it could be syrup or honey... idk

It's pudding! It has to be!

Kumas already incredible awesomeness skyrocketed with this chapter.
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
Nov 3, 2010 2:41 AM

Feb 2009
There is another thing confirmed in this chapter which is..... Chopper + Usopp >>> Luffy + Zoro
Nov 3, 2010 2:55 AM

Jan 2008
I always knew that Luffy had a lot in common with Roger, but this takes it to a new level. Can't wait for the next chapter. Hopefully we'll get more action. >:)
Nov 3, 2010 3:27 AM

Nov 2009
AWESOME CHAPT!!
Nov 3, 2010 4:10 AM
May 2009
poor sanji xD just when his weakness for women couldnt get any worst.
Nov 3, 2010 4:34 AM

Feb 2009
Is that a cool chapter or what?

Kuma from the start was one awesome villain, now he has officially become one of my favorite One Piece characters.

Is that Logia Poo? O_o or maybe mud. Anyway it looks much like the Paramecia Poison and Wax.

As for the Straw hat being Roger's, I see perfect sense in that twist. I believe it's like a symbol of faith and recognition for the next generation, Roger the Pirate King gave it to Shanks who would go to become one of the Yonkou, Shanks went and gave it to Luffy whom already made history as a supernova, and in the end of this story I bet with anyone Luffy will end up giving the straw hat to someone important to him. It's great symbolism in a very honorable line of pirates.
Nov 3, 2010 5:30 AM

Sep 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
I can't wait to see the Rinnegan in action.

I think you're in the wrong place, my friend. :P

I liked this chapter.

The whole thing about the straw hat belonging to Roger, that explains why this hat is precious to shanks too. It's like the same kind of respect Luffy has for Shanks.

I don't know about the Caribou brothers, they seem kinda cocky but I don't think they will manage to do anything, only thing I'm expecting that comes to their advantage is if the fight happens on Sunny then the coating might be in danger and so is their ship. Otherwise, Caribou brothers are bye bye. >_>
Nov 3, 2010 7:32 AM

Mar 2010
I respect Kuma for what he'd done. Let's pray for this one shichibukai. -.-
Let's see, poor Sanji for having nosebleed over Nami xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2010 7:45 AM

May 2009
so, now we have a Slime Logia... kinda fitting since slimes are usually the weakest shits in RPGs ~w~

anyways, LOL @ Sanji's increased weakness for women... he's seriously gonna need a lot og blood transfussions in Fishman Island, unless all mermaids are old, that'd crack me up xD

About Kuma, I always knew he never wanted to kill the Straw Hats, but protecting their ship even whitout his memories... wow, this guy sure deserves a lot more of respect.
Nov 3, 2010 8:37 AM

Jan 2008
Luffy's, or Shanks' straw hat seems exactly the same with Roger's. Perhaps straw hat is meant for great people who has great aspiration?
So, Kuma is a nice person after all...It is reasonable for him to split up the Straw Hat Pirates so that they would not be caught by the Marines.

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Nov 3, 2010 9:23 AM

Jan 2008
Ashlyne said:
Luffy's, or Shanks' straw hat seems exactly the same with Roger's. Perhaps straw hat is meant for great people who has great aspiration?
So, Kuma is a nice person after all...It is reasonable for him to split up the Straw Hat Pirates so that they would not be caught by the Marines.

I think that's the same hat, and Roger gave it to Shanks who gave it to Luffy.

when I finished reading the chapter, I was liek: "Wow."
Nov 3, 2010 9:39 AM

Jan 2007
Enjoyed this chapter a lot, Luffy and Zoro were hilarious.

Also i was quite mesmerized by the underwater world, especially this double page looks fantastic:

Nov 3, 2010 10:13 AM

Jun 2009
Epic and early release !!! So the hat belonged to Gol D. Roger ?!?

Really, laughed hard Usoop and chopper, haha

Nov 3, 2010 1:36 PM

Oct 2009
Woot! An awesome chapter. The underwater world looks simply amazing! So, Luffy's strawhat was Roger's, for real?! Sanji, Luffy and Zoro are fun)). This new bastard will get his ass kicked hard.

PS I want Robin to tell something about the Revolutionary Army.
Nov 3, 2010 1:42 PM

Jan 2010
Resemblance is amazing.
Nov 3, 2010 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
Kuma - Keep it in your heart

Sanji - Keep it in your pants
Nov 3, 2010 9:09 PM

Mar 2009
paranomia19 said:
This Chapter was Awesome

Really liked Rayleigh's flashback, and the comparison between Luffy and Roger

Kuma is the man!
I wonder how they're going to fight under water?

JusticeGundam said:
Shyster said:
I didn't think much of Caribou when he was first introduced, but he looks like he might become interesting within the next few chapters. I wonder what kind of substance he turns into?
At first I thought of wax, but we all know that one is taken. Then I thought of water, but why would Oda waste such an awesome power on someone who will just get annihilated by Luffy within a few chapters?

But I think it's some liquid substance. Dunno whut tho :

It has to be something very viscous i think, so it could be syrup or honey... idk

If this is the case...it being luffy....I think he'd end up EATING them, lol.

Epic early release and a lot of food for thought. Have mad respect for Kuma. Always thought luffy looked like roger...until dragon and later ace's revelations thought he might be roger's son...or something but never saw the hat coming. Can't wait for some action next week!
Nov 4, 2010 3:38 AM

Sep 2007
once again, a top notch chapter. The hat being roger's makes sense, really. Sentimental value aside. There had to be a reason why Shanks gave Luffy his hat of all things. Those underwater shots were truly breathtaking., and I cannot wait to see the backstory behind Kuma's modifications.
Nov 4, 2010 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
Everybody seems to have noticed the Straw Hat pirates' growth in strength. Hahaha @ 'the crazy guys are coming' at the end.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 4, 2010 8:54 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
The hat is really special since it was a hand-me-down from Roger. Sanji's nosebleed. xD

Nov 5, 2010 3:07 PM

Jul 2009
I can't wait til we know the full story surrounding Kuma ;o
Nov 6, 2010 7:09 PM
Sep 2010
So because of my impatience with the Marinefold Arc I caught up with the manga and I honestly didn't think I would laugh as much as I did.
I'm really surprised to hear that the Strawhat was orginallly Ace's father hat, I wasn't expecting that at all.
And Sanji's reactions had me cracking up. I had lost a bit respect for him when he went the 'okama way' but he totally makes it up now. I wonder if the he will tell the crew where he really has been?
Since Kuma had separated the Straw Hat's I had already figured out that he was on their side, but what he did for the Luffy's crew was pretty remarkable. I hope Oda reveals soon why he gave himself up to the gov't.
Uploader53Nov 6, 2010 7:13 PM
Uploader53
Nov 8, 2010 8:23 AM

Jun 2008
Developments continue very nicely. Kuma really is a loyal dog or should i say bear.
And Nami is sexy as a;ways. Too sexy for Sanji's health.

Those new supernovas are gonna get there ass kicked. They can't seriously think they can fight against a man that had double there bounty even before he trained for two years.
Nov 8, 2010 8:37 AM

Apr 2009
^you've read the chapter now ? o_O
a week pasted already xD
Nov 8, 2010 9:07 AM

Jun 2008
smokes said:
^you've read the chapter now ? o_O
a week pasted already xD

Well yeah sorry, i would have been glad to read it a lot sooner but i didn't have the time.
The good side is that i won't have to wait long for the next one. Well except if am unlucky again and have no time to read it when it comes out.
Nov 9, 2010 1:53 PM

Nov 2010
Calm but good Chapter. With a little Flashback of how Rayleigh met Roger. I like the Idea of Roger handing his Straw Head down to Shanks and him handing it down do Luffy.

It's good that every one of the Crew has their old Personality except some slightly changes (Zoro more dumb, Women have more Effect on Sanji, Usopp doesn't seems to be that much of a Scary Cat Anymore).

I hope for a cool battle in the Next Chapters that shows us some Other Crew Members Fighting and Luffy Using Haki on this Evil Captain.
Nov 15, 2010 7:07 PM

Aug 2010
I kind of expected the Straw Hat to have some sort of significance considering that Shanks was so attached to it. However, I liked how Gold Roger looked so similar to Luffy when he is wearing his hat.
Nov 30, 2011 6:50 PM

Aug 2010
winning
Dec 27, 2017 5:56 AM

Feb 2013
Kuma protected Thousand Sunny!
Sep 12, 2018 3:41 PM

Dec 2015
This just made me even more curious about Kuma.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 12, 2020 10:40 PM

Jun 2017
If Franky trained well after 2 years. I'm quite optimistic that he will be able to fix Kuma back to normal. At least...that's what I hope.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Dec 30, 2021 2:05 PM
May 2020
This was a good epilogue episode. It tied up loose ends and gave us some new plot reveals to chew on. The big ones for me are:
Just how old is Luffy/Shanks/Roger's hat?!?
Kuma is a Revolutionary?
Why did Vegapunk agree to have him programed to protect the Thousand Sunny until a Straw Hat arrived?
Is Caribou genuinely a creepy zealot or is he a pretentious noob?
Oct 20, 2022 9:31 AM

May 2021
Seems like Vegapunk was fine with allowing Kuma to defend the ship of the Straw Hats. Wonder what his/her goals are.

Apr 16, 2023 12:02 AM

Dec 2022
that Straw Hat is a fate-filled artifact of legend ^_^
Luffy and Zoro are just like Roger and Rayleigh
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

34 by jas-samaaa »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.