Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 7, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Another exam lol

The gift that keeps on giving, although now, I don't think it's a surprise anymore. Anything could happen in this show with all the twists and turns. Looks like the exam is based on voting rather than testing of intelligence. Still, I think this exam will put certain characters on the spot because of the circumstances. Kinda interesting how the show goes from one place to another even with the same formula this season.
Feb 7, 6:00 AM

Dec 2021
After a smoother-than-usual adaptation of Volume 9, we're diving into Volume 10.

Class C breathed a collective sigh of relief upon passing their end-of-year exams. However, amidst the atmosphere of relief in the classroom, they were suddenly informed by their homeroom teacher, Chabashira Sensei, about an additional special exam: The Class Poll. Unlike previous years, this special exam had never been administered before. It marked the first time in the school's history that no student had been expelled up to that point. Typically, the failure rate for the Special Exam is 3%, but lowering that percentage to 0% is extremely challenging. The exam required students to select three classmates deserving of praise and three deserving of criticism through a simple vote, ultimately determining the top and bottom ranks.

The standout moment in this episode is best girl Chabashira's return, which is great to see. It's a bit frustrating that Ryuen is facing expulsion in the Class Poll, but I trust Ayanokoji to come up with a solution. This episode made me realize that even though I've only read one volume of this series, I struggle to distinguish between the side characters, which are supposed to be COTE's strong point.

Ayanokoji has acquired a new tool; it'll be interesting to see how he utilizes it moving forward.

Feb 7, 6:02 AM

Jan 2020
I wonder how many exams they had up until now... It looks like the school can't stop figuring out a way to expel a student, eh?

Let's see how the voting will proceed in upcoming episodes, that will be some insane stuff with a lot of twists.

Feb 7, 6:42 AM

Feb 2021
I wonder if these quotes from various books were somehow in the LN too.
Interesting that Chabashira (Class C teacher) didn't have a say in conducting the exam.

17:46 Translation error (non-CR subs, they should be correct). It's supposed to be something like:
"It's written all over your face"
"What?! R-Really?"
"It's not like it's actually written there"
"Oh, is that so... I see..."
So basically Ichinose got happy thinking that Ayano is paying enough attention to her to notice things like this, but then was disappointed.

20:10, 21:16 I like the symbolism with traffic lights here.
I think it's obvious that Ayano will have Kushida expelled. Or maybe not now? Idk.
EmbientFeb 7, 6:48 AM
Feb 7, 6:45 AM
Jul 2023
The chess pieces being move yet Ayanokouji remain unfazed as ever.
Feb 7, 6:55 AM

Nov 2010
They don't have to worry about the voting. Just drop this man and everyone in the class is happy.
Feb 7, 7:07 AM
Sep 2015
Ryuuen my favoirte boy!

I feel like it's possible to pass this exam together, and it might be even easier than getting specific someone to be expelled.
There are 3 interesting rules that I need to know which rule has the highest priority
1. A person can be saved by using 200,000 points
2. A person can be saved if they've protection status
3. Voting will continue until someone get expelled
If rule 1 and/or 2 have higher priority than rule 3 then it's possible.
Even if rule 3 has the highest priority then the next vote doesn't have to be the same day, it can be next week or next month, and repeat this until everyone graduate.
Even if there's an additional rule that force someone to be expelled on that day, regardless of any condition, it should also possible to intermediately re-enroll into this school without repeating a class, just like a transfer student, except it's transfer within the same school.
Feb 7, 7:08 AM

Apr 2023
Now, were here on my 2nd favorite volume of the year 1 series, Volume 10. So far so good on the adaptation. This is the arc were we will gonna witness how Kiyotaka will gonna make efficient use of his established alliances and connections.
Feb 7, 7:13 AM
Jan 2024
@phantomfandom
There is mistake in one of the translations. Person could be saved by using 20 000 000 points, not 200,000. Ichinose has 16 millions so she's still 4 million short.

Feb 7, 7:18 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to phantomfandom
Ryuuen my favoirte boy!

I feel like it's possible to pass this exam together, and it might be even easier than getting specific someone to be expelled.
There are 3 interesting rules that I need to know which rule has the highest priority
Even if rule 3 has the highest priority then the next vote doesn't have to be the same day, it can be next week or next month, and repeat this until everyone graduate.
Even if there's an additional rule that force someone to be expelled on that day, regardless of any condition, it should also possible to intermediately re-enroll into this school without repeating a class, just like a transfer student, except it's transfer within the same school.
@phantomfandom
1. Its actually 20 million
2. The Protection Status will only be given after the exam as a reward for the highest praise vote in this exam, so you cannot use it "during" this exam. You can only use it for the future exams.
3. There is actually a deadline for this exam which is after 4 days of the timeline of this episode. The school can just expel the one with the most number of Disapproval votes.

So in conclusion, yes expulsion is inevitable on this exam unless you have the 20 million personal points. The only saving grace from this exam is that the expulsions does not have a direct effect on the Class Points.
Feb 7, 7:32 AM

Jul 2017
For once, Class C has seen better results...but a follow-up special exam since they face no explusion, the school is driving them nuts...through a class vote.

In 4 days, vote 3 students both best and lowest, and receive protection points to negate explusion as an extreme reward, that'll ultimately end with one person being expelled, they REALLY mean it. The simply BUT cruelest test, as Ayanokouji cites that Arisa's father the Chairman may be pulling the strings, 20 million points to avoid one person's explusion is just asking for too much. A vote where it's not clean with no passes, everyone's in a dilemma. Still though, they need a plan to avoid being toppled at the bottom.

Both Horikita and Ayanokouji going to Ryuen for help, the latter may be seen as a scapegoat after the happenings of Season 2, and it looks as if that he's already been set to be the one expelled, though he still has the gaft to see Horikita has a threat after her brother Manabu, plus with Arisa also. Ayanokouji getting a call from Kei about his plan to oust the people he knows will not be efficient tools, he even has to watch out for Kei's as well. As for Honami, she's only interested in Ayanokouji, though the test itself is also a dilemma for Class B. And when Arisa comes forth, her mentioning that her father has been ousted from the Board, means that someone else is pulling the strings, thus making their wager unfavorable and calling a ceasefire.

Katsuragi from Arisa's class, Ryuen from Class D...and who exactly from Class B and C? Plus, Honami dating Miyabi, it'll only end up bad in her favour.
Feb 7, 7:56 AM
Aug 2022
Exams Exams!!!! Now Anime's portraying these Examinations over & over meaning it's time for real exam lol 😂
Feb 7, 8:06 AM
Sep 2021
So class poll is an important mandatory test which will determine a single student to be expelled from each one of the 4 classes & also will reward the highest favorable student from the student votes a change to prevent themselves from getting expelled only once. So every class leader is making their plan & ayanokouji is ready to pull the strings once again.
Feb 7, 8:07 AM
Oct 2019
episode was cool, I want to see who will be expelled and what the MC will do in relation to the new guy who wants to take him down!
Feb 7, 8:14 AM

May 2023
hopefully yamauchi gets expelled can't see that mfs face anymore
Feb 7, 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
They all passed, can't have that apparently. Would be funny to see some shitheads getting expelled and be done with. Though according to Sakayanagi the real reason is to expel Ayanokouji and it's done by none other than that man. Would be interesting to see how Ayanokouji will save his ass if that's the case and how Ryuen saves his own ass. Talking about Ryuen, it was funny to see him tell off Suzune. She's been all bark and no bite for a while now and sort of getting annoying too. More cute Kei stuff, Ichinose too. Looks like Ichinose plans to expel herself and then save herself by getting points from Nagumo? But he wants her to date him in exchange, oof.
MegamiRemFeb 14, 9:26 AM
Feb 7, 8:30 AM

May 2020
An exam just to expel someone.. because the school isn't happy with the fact that everyone made it through till this point lol. Such an anime-ish school.

Anyways, kind of surprising, but they did start adapting this volume quite decently. I might not remember everything, but they didn't miss anything important, at least explaining stuffs about this exam.

Hope they don't speedrun in the next few episodes, as the ultimate expulsions from this exam was something lol.
Feb 7, 8:46 AM

Sep 2023
Softhenic03 said:
An exam just to expel someone.. because the school isn't happy with the fact that everyone made it through till this point lol. Such an anime-ish school.

Thought that too at first, but then Ayanokoji suggested that it could be arranged by his father, so I guess it's explained. Don't know how this exam is supposed to affect Ayanakoji according to his father's logic but I guess we'll see.
LessThanAnimeFanFeb 7, 8:52 AM
Feb 7, 9:01 AM

Dec 2023
The amount of "Final" exams they have is ridiculous. Class C can't always have nice things.
This had to have been Nagumo's doing. Keep your hands off of Ichinose!
Feb 7, 9:05 AM
Feb 2019
I honestly kinda wish I wasn’t watching this week to week, because it feels like much more of a binge show in my opinion. Some episodes, like this one, while they may be a little intriguing, nothing much happens in the episode itself.
Feb 7, 9:05 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
Softhenic03 said:

Thought that too at first, but then Ayanokoji suggested that it could be arranged by his father, so I guess it's explained. Don't know how this exam is supposed to affect Ayanakoji according to his father's logic but I guess we'll see.
@LessThanAnimeFan
The way I see it, its a way of his father to gauge what is Kiyotaka's influence on the school so far. The outcomes of this exam measures up how he will use his established connections and alliances to influence on who will be expelled.
Kiyotaka's father is not dumb so I don't expect him to cook this scenario just on the sole purpose of removing Kiyotaka from the school. I haven't read the volumes where his father's overall intentions have been revealed so only people that have already read it knows.
Feb 7, 9:19 AM

Sep 2023
rookielazer said:
The way I see it, its a way of his father to gauge what is Kiyotaka's influence on the school so far. The outcomes of this exam measures up how he will use his established connections and alliances to influence on who will be expelled.

Maybe you are right, but still, why would Kyoutaka would care to do so. I mean, he already said that he hasn't any reasons to help his class anymore, so it looks more like author just tries to make another reason to make it look like Kyoutaka should help his class. The only way for me to justify that is that he will do it on his whim, like it was in previous episodes with Ichinose and Sakayanagi.
LessThanAnimeFanFeb 7, 9:22 AM
Feb 7, 9:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see that they all managed to pass the year end exam. Funny that the special exam is essentially a popularity contest. If anything the school really is determined to make them expel someone and in turn maintain their belief that to rise to the top there must be sacrifices. After losing his position Ryuen's bound to have plenty of time. Still losing him here would not be ideal. The tension music that played during Arisu and AK's convo really was did well to enhance that scene. Looks like things would be getting pretty interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 9:30 AM

Mar 2013
Ugh. I smell NTR. DISGUSTING.
CrazyButNot4UFeb 7, 9:35 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 7, 9:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to Softhenic03

Anyways, kind of surprising, but they did start adapting this volume quite decently. I might not remember everything, but they didn't miss anything important, at least explaining stuffs about this exam.

Hope they don't speedrun in the next few episodes, as the ultimate expulsions from this exam was something lol.
@Softhenic03 Yeah, this adaptation started a bit better than some of the others. Been a long time since I've read the volume but I don't think they're leaving anything of consequence out.

Really looking forward to this arc. I thought the solution and outcome was beautiful.

@CrazyButNot4U Yeah they really like to tease us readers/viewers with that kind of thing. Nagumo comes across even worse here than he does in hte LN
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 7, 9:54 AM

May 2020
Reply to Farabeuf
@Softhenic03 Yeah, this adaptation started a bit better than some of the others. Been a long time since I've read the volume but I don't think they're leaving anything of consequence out.

Really looking forward to this arc. I thought the solution and outcome was beautiful.

@CrazyButNot4U Yeah they really like to tease us readers/viewers with that kind of thing. Nagumo comes across even worse here than he does in hte LN
@Farabeuf Yeah, except the below average art and such, there wasn't much wrong in the episode. As much as I want them to adapt this in four episodes, I guess we won't get more than three.. the usual lol.
Feb 7, 10:03 AM
Jan 2024
An exam for the exam, final exam, exam to expel, exam to reward, exam to examine… well, exams.
Feb 7, 10:41 AM

Feb 2021
So now on to adapting volume 10...

This arc is honestly a great set up for the final arc that will be on volume 11.
Feb 7, 11:04 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Very good start for this volume.
But pls read the LN, it explains so much more!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 7, 11:39 AM

Feb 2019
Aw shit here we go boys. About to get into the climax of year 1 here and I can’t wait to see this stuff animated

It’s gotta be so deflating to just barely survive one exam and then be thrown back into another a few days later. It’s a constant struggle to survive at this school.

This exam is a lot different than the others. being a vote on peoples’ value to their class, Introducing protection points and the opportunity to buy your way to safety. Lot to take in and it’s probably overwhelming for the students.

Ryuen seems like he’s just accepting his inevitable expulsion after getting beat by Kiyo. But Kiyo clearly still sees value in the big fella.

And Nagumo is making his move behind the scenes…

As an anime adaptation hater this was pretty decent. I imagine they skipped over stuff in the previous volumes to lock in on these last two..
Marinate1016Feb 7, 12:03 PM
Feb 7, 12:50 PM

May 2021
This next exam is a bit ruthless. After hearing about Sakayanagi's father I feel like the pressure on Ayanokouji went up quite a bit. Good to hear that they are putting their competition on hold but I doubt that really means anything for these two crazies. Ichinose is who I'm worried about right now. I have started to like her character quite a bit and I'm not really looking forward to seeing what happens with her and Nagumo.

Side note: Kamuro and Sakayanagi being together in any scene is always a trip. I'm not sold on Kamuro being pro Ayanokouji yet but I don't think she is a ride or die for Sakayanagi either. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know I'm an anime only pleb for this series at this moment and I hear the LN is very good so I may have to pick it up.
Feb 7, 1:17 PM
May 2021
I love how Koji is soo blunt tho, LN Koji is funnier thoo.
Feb 7, 1:53 PM

May 2021
Good episode, and I feel like there is an improvement to the artstyle too. Only thing is one scene where Ayanokoji was just frozen and the animation choked there. Glad I can see my favorite volume in motion
Feb 7, 2:53 PM

May 2023
This episode was the best so far, it made me excited to see the next ones.
Now I'm curious to know who those expelled were.
Feb 7, 3:57 PM
Mar 2021
CrazyButNot4U said:
Ugh. I smell NTR. DISGUSTING.

that's not NTR

people be saying anything thesedays😂
Feb 7, 4:46 PM

Jan 2018
Tension all around except for the conversation between Ayanokouji and Karuizawa. I want Kuzuda to be expelled but I know she'll do something about it through her vast network on other classes.
Feb 7, 4:55 PM

Nov 2023
These guys can't catch a breather. They now have an exam where they have to vote on who'll get expelled.

I'm not gonna make any guesses, mostly because I think a twist is gonna happen.
Feb 7, 4:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Class C should not be worrying at all because they should all collectively know in the back of their minds that pretty much everyone's gonna put it a negative vote for yamauchi-kun here

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 7, 5:08 PM
Aug 2023
So not only is the student body president a major douche, the guy is also a massive creep! He doesn’t even have negative rizz, man has that rapist rizz right there! 🤮
Feb 7, 5:16 PM

Apr 2022
ryuuen just feels like the cockroach that won't flush.
Feb 7, 5:17 PM
May 2018
Nagumo is so much more creepier than I originally thought he was
Feb 7, 6:01 PM

Dec 2010
I can't believe we're in this arc already... Gonna be sooooo lit as fk.

Finally
Feb 7, 6:11 PM
Jun 2022
kuroneko99 said:
They don't have to worry about the voting. Just drop this man and everyone in the class is happy.

Ill be honest the way i knew it was this guy lol
Feb 7, 6:12 PM
Jun 2022
phantomfandom said:
Ryuuen my favoirte boy!

For the 1st rule i think its 20 million points
Feb 7, 6:44 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
looking forward to the upcoming episodes and how the voting will conduct and who will stay and who will get expelled
Feb 7, 7:11 PM

Aug 2011
AHAHAHA THE MUSIC AT 19:20 REMINDS ME OF DEATH NOTE SO MUCH
Feb 7, 7:19 PM
Apr 2023
No wonder Ichinose wants to sacrifice herself to be the one who gets expelled. She's technically going to be NTR'ed and become the hostage of Class B.
Well, let's just see what Ayanokouji will do. While he might not do something directly about the voting stuff, he might just attack the organization/people who actually started this dumb special exam (his father wants him out of the school one way or another).

PS: I really like how Hidaka Rina voiced Sakayanagi. There really something sinister in the way she voiced this three-legged loli.
Feb 7, 8:16 PM

Sep 2016
I really want to see if Ayanokouji can galaxy brain this one and get Kushida expelled lol.
It's pretty much impossible considering she is popular and all, but never say never.
That's the best outcome for the C class and he knows it.
bruh
Feb 7, 8:20 PM
Jun 2017
elimination by voting someone... lets see what will happen with this one, and who among the Class will be eliminated..
Feb 7, 8:58 PM
Mar 2015
Twisted competition not sure who will be expelled
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.