Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this just goes to show their world is never safe, even when riding on a bus for a trip. I like the world fiction of the show though, and it seems Naomi is quite knowledgable.

Not going to lie, I like the overall style of their world. There was the higher-tech cities from the previous episode and then, there's the barren wasteland and ruins of this episode. It looks like as long as they are on the road, Naomi and Rouge need to alway watch out for themselves.
Jan 17, 9:20 AM
Oct 2017
yutaka nakamura boards
3d cgi post prod

are they... experimenting with 3D as their final output?... for action scenes?
Jan 17, 9:46 AM

Mar 2021
Naomi and Rouge can't even ride the bus without people trying to hunt them.
I really loved how Naomi explained about the ruins and the war that caused them
Jan 17, 9:51 AM
Jul 2023
Really liking the characters dynamics between these two.

The world building is stellar, and seems like a couple of my theories are proven right, the Visitor is indeed aliens. so much informations to digest, definitely gonna make a forum post.

The action sequences are amazing.
Jan 17, 9:53 AM

Mar 2015
After two episodes think this is easily my favorite show so far this season. I love how they used the guise of Naomi explaining the history of the world to children as a way to also let the audience know more about the lore and what's going on in the series.

Rouge not sharing her chocolate and calling herself a kid so she could justify it was hilarious, but it was sweet how she bonded with the girl later in the episode was able to "grow up." honestly the character interactions in general are just a lot of fun especially between Rouge and Naomi, even the subtle interactions like the rock paper scissors match, the time limit discussion on taking out the "bad guys," and Naomi telling Rouge to stay and her being angry and barking afterward were all really cool just to kinda give more insight to both of their personalities. I'm really loving Rouge as a character in general, finding her personality to be a lot of fun as a main character. The kick ass granny driving the bus was kinda awesome too and I like that even the most irrelevant characters on the bus served some kind of purpose for giving more insight into the series such as the racism from the old guy from not being protected, the Nean giving more insight to their function and role in a world with humans, and of course the children being a gateway to the lore and developing Rouge more.

I don't think I like Crimson Lightning as much when the song is sped up but the visuals were still beautiful. Also really like both the OP and ED, all in all I don't have any complaints about this show so far, but I'm also a sucker for sci-fi and mechs.
Jan 17, 9:57 AM

Feb 2021
The voice dramas released on the official Fuji TV Anime YouTube channel revealed some plot points, but I won't say what they are because it'll eventually be disclosed in the anime. (The voice dramas are in Japanese, no English subs)

If you recognized the voice of the Nean speaking right in the beginning, it's because it's Kobayashi Chiaki, the VA of Stark, Mashle and Ragna this season!
Oh, nice world buidling! So I guess Neans look like humans so the aliens would recognize them as humans and attack them instead of real humans or something?
Badass grandma let's goooo!
I love how CGI sci-fi vehicles look in anime
Oh, Neans have skeletons? Now I'm really curious about how they're made.
The lyrics in the background song are "The moment has arrived for fighting. There is no escape or hiding." repeated many times. It's called Crimson Lightning:

Good episode!
EmbientJan 21, 5:12 AM
Jan 17, 9:58 AM
Oct 2017
Girl you have the Spiderman Far From Home EDITH sunglasses, what are you doing using a clock dial to measure seconds

ignore my video player default subs size

surely this isn't just an insert to sell metallic rouge watch merch. right? :clueless:
Jan 17, 10:07 AM
Jul 2019
It must be bcs of the troll ep released threads that i don't get the notification of new ep release post anymore
Jan 17, 10:17 AM
Nov 2014
This show is reminding me of a mix between Trigun Stampede and Synduality: Noir with some elements of other shows like Vivy, Nier Automata, etc. I’m enjoying it. Seems very cool.
Also, Rouge is a suuuuper cutie!!
Jan 17, 10:49 AM

Nov 2016
Sharing your chocolate is the new bench mark for poignant character progression.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 11:00 AM

Oct 2017
Holy shit that granny had me rolling, badass driving though. Rouge was pure evil there lmao, how could she just finish the chocolate like that while the kid was watching but hey atleast she grew up a little during this episode and gave her some at the end. Was a cool episode otherwise introducing some new characters who I think will be important later on. Action was cool again. Granny is the MVP of the episode though.
Jan 17, 11:09 AM

Dec 2015
Enjoyable and fun, I wanna hear more on the background about the war more. The vehicle throw quite funny.

Also the wrrr Woof. Girl you've made my day with that. Didn't expect that.
Jan 17, 11:36 AM

Mar 2021
Rouge growling and barking at Naomi was adorable and the type of dynamic I'm here for :)

Of course the nun was a driver when she was younger and retained that skill when taking over, gotta subvert those expectations :P

Also, Rouge bonding with the little girl and eventually sharing her chocolate with her was sweet and wholesome ^^
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
May 2022
Bones is really just flexing their animation arms.
Jan 17, 11:57 AM
May 2021
Good ep, animation scenes were nice, story is starting noww.
Jan 17, 12:04 PM
Jan 2017
Embient said:
The voice dramas released on the official Fuji TV Anime YouTube channel revealed some plot points, but I won't say what they are because it'll eventually be disclosed in the anime. (The voice dramas are in Japanese, no English subs)

If you recognized the voice of the Nean speaking right in the beginning, it's because it's Kobayashi Chiaki, the VA of Stark, Mashle and Ragna this season!
Oh, nice world buidling! So I guess Neans look like humans so the aliens would recognize them as humans and attack them instead of real humans or something?
Badass grandma let's goooo!
I love how CGI sci-fi vehicles look in anime
Oh, Neans have skeletons? Now I'm really curious about how they're made.
The lyrics in the background song are "The moment has arrived for fighting. There is no escape or hiding." repeated many times. It's called Crimson Lightning:
Good episode!

Thank you so much for sharing the song. I tried to find it via Shazam, but it didn't work and Spotify also doesn't have it. I love this song so much 😍
Jan 17, 12:10 PM

Apr 2011
I liked it better than the 1st episode. Let's see where this goes.
Jan 17, 12:24 PM

Jun 2014
While it wasn't as bad as the first episode, I'm still not impressed.

The worst thing so far, is that very little is known about the two main characters, besides their names. This "lack" of information is making it difficult for me to show any interest in this show.

It isn't horrible, so I'll keep watching, but I really hope that a more in-depth description of the main characters happens soon.
_-_Sally_-_Jan 17, 1:50 PM

Jan 17, 12:26 PM
Apr 2022
A step up from the 1st ep imo, I thought main 2 had a fun dynamic this episode and the yutapon action in the final 2 minutes was insane. The 2D was so good that I’m already seeing some people who were thinking it’s cgi lmao(in this thread too)
Jan 17, 12:49 PM

Feb 2019
Another really good episode with some lore! Thought this one was way better than the first since it didn’t drop as much on us at once and just focused on the two leads’ dynamic and the worldbuilding.

I like the use of the conversation with the kids to explain to both them and the audience the history of the world. Really interesting that we had two sets of aliens make contact with humanity. The visitors and the usurpers. I might’ve missed something, but if the visitors were friendly with humanity, surely they could’ve helped fight the usurpers off? Like they’d have really advanced tech that could help out.

Everyone in the episode had a role to play which was cool. The random passengers, the kids, even the random dude in the forest lol. The one old dude on the train was praising the Nean for being great during the war and then when the attack broke out on the bus he just starts berating him. That shit made me angry. But it also showed us there’s probably a level of racism and discrimination against the Neans in society.

Rogue barking at Naomi was a massive wtf moment lmao. They got such a fun chemistry. I’m looking forward to more of them. It’s good that Rogue is taking steps to be her own person as well like going into the forest even after Naomi told her to stay put. As the lady said, “you’re free” make your own choices.

The fight scenes were good just like last week, although a bit dark.. not just because of screen darkening but also just the dark environment lol

And of course Naomi first thought when she find out the other passenger is a doctor is how she guessed his occupation wrong 😂 yea I love this show
Marinate1016Jan 17, 1:04 PM
Jan 17, 12:49 PM

Jan 2009
action is great again

and we learn that humanity got alien contacts but some aliens are evil so humanity created androids as weapons and this androids are program to never attack humans aka asimov code

jill and rouge are sexy hot also jill mention to rouge an android that she is free so ye how free if that is the case
Jan 17, 1:36 PM

Jul 2021
This was more fun and interesting than Episode 1.

It's good that they moved away from the moody Blade Runner vibes of Episode 1 (for now). The comparisons and homages only affected the show negatively, in my opinion.

Good action sequence. I love how the explosions and smoke look, especially how hand-drawn they feel. Also love how tanks get torn to shreds and how the rocks break apart in chunks (Bones' specialty?).

Not too keen on Rouge as a character yet, she feels too clueless and child-like, not in a fun way. The dog bark was a "miss" for me.

Naomi's a lot of fun, though. It helps that I like her voice (love Kumiko's voice in Sound Euphonium).
Jan 17, 2:28 PM

Mar 2007
Good OP and ED, this was way better than episode 1.

• Strangers on a bus!
  • War History Geek in tour guide mode, giving us "exposition" without it being boring. Nice.
  • Neans are androids that need special fluid injections to stay alive. This .... sadly reminded me of how the Dominion used to control the Jem Hadar in Star Trek Deep Space 9
  • Asimov's 3 laws is a nice homage, to think the stuff he wrote back in the golden age of Sci Fi (50s?) is still relevant 70 years later.
  • Rouge sees Emily eyeing her chocolate bar and EATS all the rest of it to remove temptation! Like some older siblings we all know ...
  • The Granny used to be a driver called Mach uhhh like Mach speed? Y'all in good hands at least when it comes to running away??!?
  • When exploring "ruins" remember to tell the idiot child NOT to touch anything, cuz curious kids touching stuff leads to convenient plot device
  • That gave us a metallic andriod like magical girl transformation scene
  • Then a Sakuga fight
  • With a very satisfying "BONGGGG" when those 2 heads collided. I LOL'd IRL.

Some history. New connections. More questions.
  1. Why are the Mercs after Rouge and who hired them?
  2. Is Rouge some kind of super NEAN without the facial lines?
  3. What happened to the "benevolent" aliens who came before the Usurpers? Were they the ones that gave humanity the technology to build NEANs and turn the tide of battle?
  4. How did humanity win?
  5. How long does the "lost technology" from the Usurpers last?

So much yet to uncover.
Stormy_77Jan 17, 2:39 PM
Jan 17, 2:29 PM
Feb 2023
Got much clearer world building this episode. Was sorta lost with what was going on with the first episode. Really enjoyed this "inbetween" episode thanks to the cast of side characters. Vibe of the episode really gave off Tri-gun. Looking forward to more.
Jan 17, 2:40 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode, we learne some few things about the past

good animation etc

can't wait to see the next one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 17, 2:51 PM

Nov 2021
great episode, i liked this one a lot more than episode 1 since they explained more of the world
Jan 17, 3:34 PM
Jan 2012
Chaotic action.
Dialogues and meaningless situations. Why doesn't anyone wonder why they're chasing Rouge?
Jan 17, 3:57 PM

Jul 2022
I loved the animation and sound in the first episode but the story left a lot to be desired imo. I'm happy that this second episode is better than the last, but the pacing is still a bit hit or miss for me. Hopefully it will resolve by episode 3 and we can get this bladerunner show on the road.
Jan 17, 4:51 PM

May 2019
I thought the action sequences were well done but I'm still not that vested in the storyline as there isn't that much know about both Naomi and Rouge. I do suspect that Rouge is a type of "super" nean though and, like I said in the first episode, Naomi seems to be calling the shots and Rouge is just following them.

While Rouge seems to have a somewhat immature mind she did share the 2nd chocolate bar with the young girl.
Jan 17, 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
This show is starting to fucking cook. Let's go!
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 17, 5:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
This is such a 2005-2010 anime lol
Jan 17, 6:00 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to ossian
Chaotic action.
Dialogues and meaningless situations. Why doesn't anyone wonder why they're chasing Rouge?
ossian said:
Why doesn't anyone wonder why they're chasing Rouge?

Because, uh.. because she's a cute girl? LOL

More seriously: the passengers know that these are mercenaries, so they understand they're only doing this for money. Also, it was explained that androids have "scars" on their faces, so as far as the passengers are concerned they're being asked to surrender a normal teenager that they got to know a little bit.

There was someone who suggested they should hand over Rouge, but someone else said that they were all witnesses and would not be left alive anyway. Maybe that is a common thing that happens, so it might have been better to just run for it? Or at least they have no love for these mercenary types.

Jan 17, 6:06 PM

Apr 2022
really liked ep 1 but i was kinda zoning out this episode tbh, felt short for that reason.
Jan 17, 6:06 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode! Naomi deals masterfully with Rouge the one girl army.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 17, 6:16 PM

Feb 2022
I really liked the episode. I hope Huey made it.
That said, the sub had a very bad localization with the word 'cringe.
My JP isn't great but even I know when 'cringe' isn't being said.

I'm pretty sure the correct TL was something along the lines "how embarrassing to be found out to be big military history nerds."

But not totally sure. Either way, localizer HATE.
Jan 17, 6:16 PM
Oct 2020
Does anyone else feel like the OST is placed incredibly wrong? So far they have tried to use Crimson Lightning OST for the big animated fights and it just doesn’t seem to match the energy at all. Especially in this new episode, they have terribly edited it and tried to use it for our big fight at the end. Me and my friend both think it’s completely out of place and distracting. I hope we see better OST usage in future episodes. Other than that everyone is very well done and I like the small Guitar strum from the song when something important is said.
Jan 17, 6:21 PM

Dec 2010
_-_Sally_-_ said:
While it wasn't as bad as the first episode, I'm still not impressed.

The worst thing so far, is that very little is known about the two main characters, besides their names. This "lack" of information is making it difficult for me to show any interest in this show.

It isn't horrible, so I'll keep watching, but I really hope that a more in-depth description of the main characters happens soon.

I have exactly the same opinion. I don't know how people defend this calling it a "show, don't tell" story. It's more like "random stuff, gooo!!"
Jan 17, 6:39 PM

Sep 2013
Good animation and sounds, but as I said last week, it's lacking in story and character development. I was hoping they would delve more into that this week but this was mainly action. There was some world building which was good, though. But I still don't really know what's going on.
Jan 17, 6:49 PM

Dec 2011
If this vibe maintain, it will be a very good anime
Jan 17, 7:31 PM
Dec 2017
what a garbage anime. makes 0 sense. insta drop.
Jan 17, 7:33 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Happy I picked up this show this season. Bones is doing a great job on this show. Hope they continue to do so 👏
Jan 17, 7:39 PM
Mar 2015
Rouge climbs the stairs to adulthood
Jan 17, 8:11 PM

Oct 2022
Yeah now it's growing on me, this episode was really enjoyable. From the dynamic between the characters to the action sequences.

Jan 17, 8:28 PM

Nov 2022
This is definetly going to turn out to be an epic series, BIG love for those Amen Breaks during the fight scene!
Jan 17, 8:41 PM

Nov 2018
So um...did they totally just leave the soldier guy behind?
Jan 17, 8:53 PM

Jul 2008
So now we got mecha action this time. Future tech, ancient tech, and evil alien tech...

and definitely blade runner world.

Also who sent the mercs after our girls?
Jan 17, 8:57 PM
Jul 2021
Much better coherence than the first episode. I am not a fan of Lycoris Recoil, so on my book the further Metallic Rouge deviates from that show, the better. The climactic battle sequence is as high-octane and high-production-value as any other high-profile show this season.
Jan 17, 9:13 PM

Oct 2022
With Rouge personality and her calling herself a child I feel like she is really young, she also doesn’t seem too familiar with her abilities when she transforms. That begs the question, was she simply created as a Nean to defeat other Neans or was she manipulated to do that? Because she does share resemblance to those Neans that they’re trying to kill, so she probably isn’t bound by the Asimov laws as well.
Jan 17, 9:19 PM

Jul 2012
Why should I give a fuck about any of these characters so far? They're all so fucking obnoxious with nothing to latch on to. Wow cool action scene! I don't care if they live or die. There's no stakes cause there isn't any reason to care. If you just wanted like a vasty shittier Trigun I guess this is for you. And wow, robots that look an act human but can't hurt humans because of the Asimov Code? Truly insane. Feels like it's targeting people who still think Cowboy Bebop is the best sci-fi anime ever made.
Jan 17, 9:32 PM

Dec 2022
I can feel a mad 180 coming our way but, the action and the OST goes hard asf.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31

92 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 25, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6

52 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 22, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

107 by dDeano-45114 »»
Apr 22, 12:09 AM

» Anybody else have no idea what’s happing?

elcurlyfries_8 - Mar 29

20 by unknownprodigy »»
Apr 19, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28

51 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 13, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.