Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, Cid again plays the role of an infiltrator this episode and it involved Rose as well. Out of any character in the show to do investigating, Cid is the more fit for this job.

And oh, it's also interesting to note that Cid has piano skills. I swear, this guy has more talent than any other guy in the show so far. Never really liked Rose much but she did she had to do.
Dec 6, 2023 5:58 AM

May 2020
It’s hilarious to see these people discussing how it’s over for Rose, now that Shadow himself is after her case, when in reality, he’s after Rose for the sole reason of… somehow convincing her against the marriage lol. Be it that way, dude did arrive at the whereabouts of Rose where he conveniently met Epsilon. Leaving aside the 99.9% slime content padding up her boobas, it was she who led him inside the palace.

Aizen’s VA voicing Perv Asshat would always be a classic, though little does the man know, he had met Cid somewhere else too, when he was going with his average joe persona. Still to see Cid’s piano performance even moving him so far as appreciating the heck out of it was hilarious. Cid got what he needed… the jewels, the key, and later on Rose’s location too.

Thought we’d see Cid in his Shadow persona reuniting with Rose, but no, he did in his usual self. The whole conversation might feel a LOT sentimental at first glance, but we know the dream Cid was referring to and the dream Rose was assuming were quite “opposite” lol. Still, she might have said her goodbye to Cid and has pretty much fallen into the palms of Asshat, we know she would not see a non-happy end.

Have to feel for Rose again, as I mean the mother, for whom she has to go to such lengths, is quite literally a hoe smh.
Dec 6, 2023 6:51 AM

Dec 2021
Oof. I forgot how good Moonlight Sonata is.

Upon learning of Rose's impending marriage to Doem, Cid becomes enraged, adding more fuel to the fire after hearing that she'll be handing over the throne. Determined to confront her and seek clarity on her decision, he infiltrates the Oriana palace by assuming the role of a music student under Epsilon, a renowned musician in Oriana. Utilizing compositions taught to Rose by Cid, who is known for his musical prowess, he gains access to the palace. However, his presence raises suspicion, and Doem, skeptical of Cid's identity, insists on a piano performance to verify his claim as the apprentice of the esteemed musician.

It's great to see Epsilon again. LOL at "slime 99%". Cid always sees through her antics. Margarette is also giving it her best shot without any slime involved, trying to win him over. Cid playing the piano and robbing the audience cracked me up. The ugly bastard, or I mean the castle guard, attempting to confront Cid while he repeatedly says "excuse me" was hilarious. This show is just too funny, I can't believe it. I knew Perv was a bad guy, but being abusive to your future wife is just beyond me.

The way Perv and Mordred's last scene played out has got me so hyped for these final episodes of the season.

Dec 6, 2023 7:01 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode

funny like always

can't wait to see the next move of Shadow sama...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 6, 2023 7:10 AM

Feb 2021
I love how Cid constantly calls Perv Asshat a cliche villain lmao
Him stealing the ring was really badass ngl
9:14 Laughed out loud at this one

At first I thought the maid was a part of Shadow Garden too, but as she talked more I was convinced that she's a regular maid. Did she really fall in love just because of the performance lmao. Correct me if I'm wrong pls.
Oh, we've seen Mordred at the end of season 1 right? Cool stuff.
Lambda is singing the ED this time.
Go save Rose, Shadow! I'm really looking forward to Shadow Garden's reaction to that lol.

Edit: HOLUP I JUST REALIZED THAT WAS ROSE'S MOM AT THE END
EmbientDec 6, 2023 8:58 AM
Dec 6, 2023 7:10 AM

Feb 2021
Great episode, I loved how they did the Cid piano scene.
It seems this season will end adapting the first arc of volume 4...
Dec 6, 2023 7:30 AM
Nov 2018
@Embient Cid is in a country where any type of art can be popular for now. So yeah the maid fell in love with someone that can make her rich and give her family more influence among the other nobles.
Dec 6, 2023 7:47 AM
Sep 2021
So shadow is playing his cards in the rose incident, how will he manage to win it. Excited for this.
Dec 6, 2023 8:05 AM
Aug 2022
Idk why but excluding shadow number 559 has really caught my eye. She’s the first member of shadow garden to really stand out for me. (Except shadow obviously)

I just really like her idk why.
Dec 6, 2023 8:12 AM

Sep 2019
The queen's life is in so danger she doesn't even have the time to dress up properly.
Dec 6, 2023 8:19 AM

Jul 2017
All of Shadow Garden reeling in on princess Rose Oriana a.k.a No. 666's betrayal, it's better to have Shadow a.k.a Cid handle this matter himself.

Epsilon's sudden convolution with Cid to inspect on Rose, and other than her slime boobs working to her grain, Duke Perv Asshat is the rather distinguished enemy who is unapologetic to his noble traits. The duke wanting Cid to play the piano, and his Moonlight Sonata is back once again to shake up the hearts of everyone present while stealing their jewelry, it's typical Cid on display. Rose's maid trying to play with Cid by comparing her true born boobs, he's just contemplating every situation to work to his advantage while keeping his hands clean, even if the situation does look kind of cliché. Even the guard is jealous of Cid, though how he manages to bend all the way is beyond humanly belief, and the fat prince guard has the hots for Rose's maid? What a Kill-Bill of religion.

Rose may know of what will happen to her kingdom, and Cid slipping by to meet her and convince her to stop the marriage in every conceivable way, she needs just some convincing, but it's clear that Perv Asshat is controlling her life in name if considering on her mother, Queen Reina. The Numbers dealing with Rose's case (which is now given to Cid to settle), they hope that he will bring the plan to fruition, while they just take care of him, together with Epsilon.

To gain a spot in the Round of the Knight Table, Perv Asshat sure does not know that the Ring of Possession is in Cid's hands, though he'll always find a way to act innocent about it.

Now, I'm worried of how they're going to wrap this up in 2 episodes...
Dec 6, 2023 8:21 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
A lot of bouncing in this episode xD "Perv, where are you" Really gave me the rest at the end, pure comedy
Dec 6, 2023 8:28 AM
Jan 2017
After Last episode left me feeling that the screen play, transitions are sloppy, they suddenly picked up the quality for this episode. I know I feel like a snob but I am glad to say this is a good episode
Dec 6, 2023 8:36 AM

Oct 2017
Been a while since Cid played piano. Epsilon back with the slime lol. Liking the new girl too so far, she's cute and seems really loyal to Cid. Would like to see her story sometime. There were some funny moments too this episode. Like the 99% slime and 0% slime lol. Cid having a serious conversation while eating the snacks was hilarious too. Wonder if we'll see the maid again.
MegamiRemDec 20, 2023 6:00 AM
Dec 6, 2023 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
Fantastic episode. Called it last week that Rose's mom was sus AF and sure enough she is.

Man I am really looking forward to the rest of this arc
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 6, 2023 8:51 AM
Mar 2020
Cid really loved those cookies!
Dec 6, 2023 9:04 AM

May 2019
I hope both Cid and Rose realize their "dreams" together (nevermind they're completely different lol) but Rose really is having it rough. Not only is Perv an a-hole but it looks like her mom is sleeping with him... and Rose is supposedly doing this for her. At least Cid has the ring and he knows that the marriage is a sham so I'm looking forward to watching how he counters this.
Dec 6, 2023 9:13 AM
Feb 2019
Amazing episode, I love this anime so much.
Dec 6, 2023 9:34 AM

May 2021
That seemed like Rose's mom at the end there. If so, what is she even fighting for? Unless, of course, her mom's also in the same state as her husband.

Dec 6, 2023 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
Actual funny episode. I like when Cid was acting like he's serious when confronting Rose lmao
Dec 6, 2023 9:55 AM

Sep 2018
It was pretty easy to see Rose's mum was a willing participant but that added twist at the end there was sublime. Is there no end to the miseries Rose must endure.

I'm beginning to wonder about Cid's sexuality given his utter disregard for all female advances...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Dec 6, 2023 10:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Great to see Lambda in the flesh and on the field. The recon mission was tailored perfectly for Epsilon. Amusing how a random maid ended up spoiling Epsilon's little date/recon with Shadow though. Margaret though really went right for the kill thats for sure. Rose sure is in quite the spot trapped between her family and her desire to change herself. Being served by both Epsilon and Vic must be like a dream. Looks like we'll be seeing the confrontation between Rose/Shadow Garden and Perv and his forces sooner than we thought.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2023 10:05 AM
Mar 2019
Incredible humor as always. The scene where Rose and Cid are talking so seriously and the latter is eating cookies at the same time made me cry with laughter. This guy is either the biggest clown or a misunderstood genius.
Dec 6, 2023 10:17 AM

May 2021
great ep as usual! mob cid and his moonlight sonata was so good. ppl gyat to watch peak in shadow.
so cute!
Dec 6, 2023 10:23 AM
Jun 2022
Embient said:
I love how Cid constantly calls Perv Asshat a cliche villain lmao
Him stealing the ring was really badass ngl
9:14 Laughed out loud at this one

At first I thought the maid was a part of Shadow Garden too, but as she talked more I was convinced that she's a regular maid. Did she really fall in love just because of the performance lmao. Correct me if I'm wrong pls.
Oh, we've seen Mordred at the end of season 1 right? Cool stuff.
Lambda is singing the ED this time.
Go save Rose, Shadow! I'm really looking forward to Shadow Garden's reaction to that lol.

Edit: HOLUP I JUST REALIZED THAT WAS ROSE'S MOM AT THE END

bruh I was also like WTF? is that mother? 😭😭😅😅🤣🤣🤡🤡
Dec 6, 2023 10:31 AM

Aug 2022
The fact that he has no clue about that ring is hilarious. Also Rose's mum is fucking Perv Asshat? Bruh...
Dec 6, 2023 10:37 AM

Apr 2022
back at it with the piano. maid was all over him.
Dec 6, 2023 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
“99 percent slime” lmaoo epsilon, man just let it go. Flat chests are better anyway and will make you stand out since all the other girls have massive tits

Great episode. They cut out a lot of Rose’s internal monologue while she was waiting for Cid to come for her. Basically praying that he’d come rescue her. Of course once he gets there, she doesn’t want him to be involved in things.

Bro eating cookies while giving her a motivational speech and telling her not to give up had me dying. Cid is the most unintentionally funny person of all time. Do feel really bad for rose though. I remember reading this and thinking how messed up it must be to be isolated from shadow garden, all your friends at school, family, not knowing your mother is a cheating thot, etc etc. if anyone deserves a happy ending it’s her.

Perv is gonna shat(pun intended) his pants when he realises that ring is gone. Bro think he got everything so meticulously planned lol.

Can’t wait for next week
Marinate1016Dec 6, 2023 10:45 AM
Dec 6, 2023 10:39 AM
Apr 2016
Loved how the episode portrayed the oblivious Cid rizzing Rose. He blurted out so many corny romantic lines, all while stuffing his mouth with cookies and not meaning it.
And that too just because he thought her "Dream" was to become a tyrant, which made her relatable as he also has a weird power fantasy to become eminence in shadow.
Dec 6, 2023 10:41 AM

May 2019
I'm sorry, but that hand slip motion Cid does every time he wants to escape his hand from the grasp of a woman is always funny to me. The struggling motion before the hand moves like slime is surprisingly entertaining. It's the same thing Cid did from Rose on the train in Season 1, so it was a bit unexpected to see it again this season. It's just those little details.

As usual, Epsilon slimes, not pads, her chest, though she goes through extreme lengths to make them look genuine. 99% slime content and "She's even incorporating chaos theory into this excessively excess-avoidant excess of effort" is one hell of a description. Other than that, looks like we're setting up the arc to end this season, so that should be pretty interesting.
Dec 6, 2023 11:21 AM

Aug 2022
Poor Epsilon, xD. We've got to appreciate the effort she puts into maintaining those perfectly sculpted and balanced big boobs for the sake of the show and performance, xD.

And Cid...gosh, I love his character so much! I won't deny it; I'd definitely join his harem, haha. Despite all his flaws (constantly showing off, appearing and speaking like an ass, stealing valuables), he's still so charming. I can't help but fangirl over him with the rest of the Shadow Garden, xD. I wonder if he'll ever actually end up falling for one of the characters... I kind of hope he doesn't, to be honest. His tactlessness is part of his charm, after all, and it's just hilarious, lol.
Dec 6, 2023 11:26 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to GingZ
Actual funny episode. I like when Cid was acting like he's serious when confronting Rose lmao
@GingZ Dude is talking his heart out and absolutely ANNIHILATING those snacks. Even when he puts his hand up to her he still has a cookie in between those fingers. The world is a stage play and he's grabbing a bite while he can.
Dec 6, 2023 11:47 AM
May 2021
The Legendary 99% Slime scene is here Lmao
Dec 6, 2023 12:05 PM
May 2021
Why the camara keep zooming on the girls tits man 🤣🤣 this is not an eechii dont care about the gurls lol.
Dec 6, 2023 12:29 PM

Nov 2017
This eps is about how many boing boing altough there's one is fake. Victoria lips so

Dec 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Oct 2020
I really wonder if Cid is ever going to reveal himself to Rose
Dec 6, 2023 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Cid's narritive is great.

A nice, rather laid back episode.
Dec 6, 2023 4:08 PM
May 2020
The best moment is when he eats cookies while talking to Rose, so much fun
Wcześniej AKZERA.
Ulubiona seria anime: Danganronpa
Ulubiony film anime: Koe no Katachi
Dec 6, 2023 4:16 PM
Mar 2021
cool and entertainment
Dec 6, 2023 4:45 PM
Mar 2021
Good episode. The plot is neither fast nor slow
Dec 6, 2023 7:11 PM
Apr 2023
This is so funny as hell.
The enemies still are not aware that their trump card no longer exists xD
Dec 6, 2023 7:37 PM

Sep 2018
Did the first season have jokes that kept on repeating itself as much as this 2nd season? I swear it didn't, but maybe I'm just not remembering right... I know what they're going for with it, but it's just not clicking with me that much, definitely not letting out audible laughter like I was in the first season...
Dec 6, 2023 7:57 PM
Sep 2023
Was this anime always a comedy?
Dec 6, 2023 9:15 PM
Mar 2015
Got to love our boi "Sorry?" is the perfect response Now he has the ring in the palm of his hand without anyone even knowing
Dec 6, 2023 10:27 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to DheCupidore
Was this anime always a comedy?
@DheCupidore Yes, it's been satire from the beginning.
Dec 7, 2023 12:23 AM
Mar 2022
Will Cid ever stop being super oblivious and just straight up ignoring or disregarding the whole organization that was built for him Shadow Garden?

Because I feel like if Cid actually was working with Shadow Garden the anime would be a 10/10

Opinions though?
Dec 7, 2023 12:41 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Zxstu
Will Cid ever stop being super oblivious and just straight up ignoring or disregarding the whole organization that was built for him Shadow Garden?

Because I feel like if Cid actually was working with Shadow Garden the anime would be a 10/10

Opinions though?
@Zxstu

If he was working with Shadow Garden, it would be a boring generic isekai anime.

Whole show is basically based around Sid trying to do his thing while everyone else is doing their thing, and both sides meeting somewhere in the middle by accident.

Dec 7, 2023 3:57 AM

Feb 2018
Sheesh we got some things reappearing once again. The hand slippage, talking booba, and the after bath towel slap lol.

Cid somehow skillfully taking all the jewellery, not letting any leave the room and even taking ones that seem impossible to take lol. And it looks like he stole a plot item too, how very Cid of him.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Dec 7, 2023 4:46 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
This is great lmao. Loving this season

Who was the girl in the ecchi ending frame??
Dec 7, 2023 5:48 AM

Jun 2016
finalllly we can see more cid kagenou as shadow garden leader !!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2023

329 by Mo_justexisting »»
Sep 22, 4:55 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

333 by Axa_san »»
Sep 12, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2023

144 by MUIGaryuu »»
Aug 27, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2023

128 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

166 by phantom346 »»
Aug 6, 2:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.