Forum Settings
Forums

What manga that don't have an adaptation would you like an anime of and by what studio?

New
Oct 16, 2023 7:02 AM

May 2021
Like the totle says, ate there any manga you really want to see an anime adaptation of, and which studios do you think would be best for the job?

Some that i'd like to see:

Gachiakuta - i think Trigger would fit perfect for it's artstyle, backup Bones or Ufotable could also do a good job

Real Account - Wit, just don't lose it to MAPPA, alternatively Clover Works as long as they don't go the Promised Neverland rout, or Wit x Clover Works tag team, they are doing a great job with Spy x Family

Nyankees - Doga Kobo, i only picked it cuz it's made another anime with cats
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2023 7:04 AM

Feb 2020
Yotsuba&! would be nice, but I know that's not going to happen.
Oct 16, 2023 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Manga - "Yotsuba to!"
As for anime studio - I don't care.
Oct 16, 2023 7:23 AM

Jun 2021
oyasumi punpun

this is going to fuck

dunno which studio fits this
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Oct 16, 2023 7:23 AM
Oct 16, 2023 7:25 AM
Jun 2022
Fate/Type Redline - Cloverworks or A1

Imaizumin Chi wa Douyara Gal no Tamariba ni Natteru Rashii: Deep - Passione
Oct 16, 2023 7:26 AM

Jun 2021
another one is sayonara eri oneshot

mappa should make it a movie or smthg
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Oct 16, 2023 7:29 AM

May 2019
The HAEVEST full-colored webcomic.

Oct 16, 2023 7:57 AM

Jan 2023
Dandadan having an anime adaptation would be so crazy, anime studio well idk.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Oct 16, 2023 8:23 AM

Oct 2010
chainsaw man made by david pro or studio pierrot, that would be great
Oct 16, 2023 8:57 AM

Feb 2016
I will list manga I like.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/93892/Toaru_Idol_no_Accelerator-sama JC Staff, obviously.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/14304/Vampire Tezuka Productions, obviously.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/6774/Digimon_Adventure__V-Tamer_01 Toei, obviously.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/21676/Ryushika_Ryushika idk which studio.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/65021/Pandemonium__Majutsushi_no_Mura idk which studio.

Special mention goes to what I DON'T want to see. I don't want to see Madhouse reboot X, because the studio has already failed twice to adapt that manga.
その目だれの目?
Oct 16, 2023 9:17 AM

Aug 2021
Satou-kun no Juunan Seikatsu

Studio: Madhouse

After seeing Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu, I believe Madhouse would do a good job.

Oct 16, 2023 9:23 AM

Jan 2015
Saint onii san, it has a movie and some ovas already but i would love to see the rest of the manga adapated. Idc about the studio, just keep the same va and we are good

✧ 미처 말하지 못했어 다만 너를 좋아했어
어린 날의 꿈처럼 마치 기적처럼
시간을 달려서 어른이 될 수만 있다면
거친 세상 속에서 손을 잡아줄게 ༉‧₊˚✧

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾

Oct 16, 2023 9:24 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Catalano
chainsaw man made by david pro or studio pierrot, that would be great
@Catalano you didn't actually read the title did you
Oct 16, 2023 9:24 AM

Aug 2019
I'd be happy to see these mangas being adapted, idc by which studio
Kuchi ga saketemo kimi ni wa
Hatsukoi Zombie
Apocalypse no toride
Choujin x might have a chance of getting an anime but it's still too early

Oct 16, 2023 9:31 AM

Apr 2020
Subete no Jinrui wo Hakai Suru. Sorera wa Saisei Dekinai

Mata, Onaji Yume wo Miteita

Wakusei Closet

I am fine with pretty much any studio so I didn't pick one
Oct 16, 2023 9:46 AM

Sep 2018
Pocket Monsters Special, OLM. Toei is fine too as long as they don't make it a long running anime.
Liar Game, Madhouse.
Battle Royale, Production I.G.
Fire Punch, not MAPPA please, even though I appreciate the different direction they took with CSM. I'd pick David Production.
Gamble Fish, the kind of anime that J.C. Staff can make it work somehow.
Oct 16, 2023 9:59 AM

Jul 2015
Toshokan no Daimajutsushi - Magus of the Library by Madhouse, Ufotable, Kyoto animation, production I.G or Shaft. Or any good studio.
Oct 16, 2023 10:18 AM

Dec 2021
Tokyo Ghoul by Studio SHAFT

That's the only studio that has the aptitude to adapt faithfully
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Oct 16, 2023 10:48 AM

Apr 2018
https://myanimelist.net/manga/445/Shonan_Junai_Gumi with the studio A-1 Pictures
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Oct 16, 2023 11:03 AM

Jun 2020
I desperately want to see Kieta Hatsukoi adapted to anime, and I still have a sliver of hope that it'll get picked up sometime in the near future. As for the studio...I'm not very insightful nor do I really pay much mind to which studios do what; however, seeing as Madhouse previously handled something by the same mangaka--and it was great, from what I've heard--I assume they'd do a good job with Kieta Hatsukoi as well.

Bonus: Ganbare, Nakamura-kun!! totally needs an anime too, even a series of shorts would work for its style. And maybe David Productions as the studio? I'm just throwing this out there based solely on the fact that they were behind the recent Urusei Yatsura reboot and managed to make it look like a really nice, colourful mix of '80's and modern-day visuals, and Ganbare, Nakamura-kun has an artstyle reminiscent of '80's manga :)
Oct 16, 2023 11:17 AM

May 2015
Yokohama Kaidaishi Kikou reboot
Azumi
20th Century Boys
Vagabond
GE Good Ending
Real
Homunculus
Basically all my favorite manga that haven't (or have only a limited short OVA series like YKK) and probably never will get an anime.
I don't care what studio as long as they can produce fluid 2D animation.
Oct 16, 2023 11:32 AM

Apr 2016
Many, but I'll include LNs/WNs as well. ^^
Not gonna include Studios though, I don't know of any studio that hasn't produced some duds.

I've added a few that already got anime but seem to have stopped getting further seasons. I haven't mentioned manga like Golden Kamuy and Mairimashita Iruma-kun or LightNovels like Konosuba because it seems like they're still getting content, potentially even full adaptations.
Oct 16, 2023 1:13 PM

Aug 2010
Kuroneko to Majo no Kyoushitsu by CloverWorks. This anime has magic and action, and is the reason why I want it to be an anime, I think the experience would be heighten if the anime is done well. The vibe is still fun, with a school setting. CloverWorks usually have a pretty bright colors so they'd fit the setting and animates well overall, I'd trust them animating the action and magic scenes.

Deep Sea Aquarium MagMell by P.A. Works. This series have nice sceneries, and P.A. works always give us beautiful backgrounds.

Butai no Sake by Doga Kobo. They're pretty good with school anime, and have adapted another manga by the same author before and did quite well (Sasaki to Miyano), so I would trust them to do this as well.

Natsumi Ando's works. Mainly Arisa. Not sure what I want for the studio though. Shoujo with a darker vibe and a school setting.. maybe Madhouse.
Oct 16, 2023 1:27 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Shirayukin
Kuroneko to Majo no Kyoushitsu by CloverWorks. This anime has magic and action, and is the reason why I want it to be an anime, I think the experience would be heighten if the anime is done well. The vibe is still fun, with a school setting. CloverWorks usually have a pretty bright colors so they'd fit the setting and animates well overall, I'd trust them animating the action and magic scenes.

Deep Sea Aquarium MagMell by P.A. Works. This series have nice sceneries, and P.A. works always give us beautiful backgrounds.

Butai no Sake by Doga Kobo. They're pretty good with school anime, and have adapted another manga by the same author before and did quite well (Sasaki to Miyano), so I would trust them to do this as well.

Natsumi Ando's works. Mainly Arisa. Not sure what I want for the studio though. Shoujo with a darker vibe and a school setting.. maybe Madhouse.
Shirayukin said:

Oh, man, I've always dreamed of seeing Natsumi Ando's manga animated! :') Arisa would make for an awesome anime, for sure. But it's been my childhood wish to see an anime for Zodiac P.I...I really wish her manga got more recognition, I love her art and wacky sense of humour.
Oct 16, 2023 1:40 PM

Aug 2023
I really would like to see how Ojisama to Neko would look like and though I havent caught up with recent chapters (dont know if they have even been translated yet), the mangaka is approaching a more musical note with the manga so I think it be lovely to hear those chapters. After all a manga does not have sound so it feels like youre missing out a little on that but as long as the manga continues thats all that really matters to me

𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆.
Oct 16, 2023 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
Would be real cool if J.C. STAFF or Production I.G could adapt Nononono by Lynn

its not in my top 3 from Lynn but I feel it really stands out from Elfen Lied, Brynhildr and Parallel Paradise so would be really interesting
Oct 16, 2023 4:02 PM

Sep 2019
Had "ACT-AGE" not been cancelled due to the actions of it's deplorable writer, i always believed that Kyoto Animation would've done an amazing job giving it an anime adaptation. Also i'd like to see "Holyland" being adapted by Madhouse too if it were possible.
Oct 16, 2023 6:13 PM

Aug 2022
it is my pipe dream to see Qualia the Purple adapted by shaft. my favorite manga adapted by my favorite studio, and shinbou's style would be PERFECT for this kind of story. short and sweet, so pacing shouldn't be an issue. it could potentially be my favorite anime ever, and bring attention to a disgustingly underrated manga.

"86 part one is far better than part two and one of the most masterfully told stories i have ever seen" -bocchi 'the rock' johnson

real quote. she said it not me
Oct 17, 2023 1:29 PM

May 2019
A full adaptation of 20th Century Boys by MADHOUSE. They adapted Monster brilliantly, and I suspect the same to be the case for 20CB
yo
Oct 17, 2023 3:10 PM

Apr 2023
I only care about directors:

Berserk - Tetsurou Araki
Gantz - Tetsurou Araki
Ikigami - Shingo Natsume
Onanie Master Kurosawa - Shinichi Watanabe
Black Jack ni Yoroshiku - Ishihama Masashi
Innocent - the le Chevalier Deon staff
Oct 18, 2023 5:59 AM
Jul 2019
A couple weeks ago, i finished reading Iryuu: Team Medical Dragon, and i loved the hell out of it. It's my #1 fav manga rn, replacing 20th CB. I would love to see it animated, any studio is fine as long as they do it justice. A 20th CB anime adaptation and City Hunter remake would be great too.
Oct 18, 2023 6:28 AM
Dec 2016
- Oyasumi punpun
Might be a double edged sword because how easy it can be messed up if the studio is not good enough but I really want to experience punpun from my TV screen. Though honestly, a high budget live action adaptation might work better than anime adaptation

- Onanie Master Kurosawa
Coz of the stupid title it probably wont ever get an anime adaptation but a man can dream. The length is perfect for the usual 12 episode anime season format, and probably can alter the title a bit to be more acceptable. Super unlikely but something like kyoani would be insanely cool, though any other mainstream studio would work just fine as long as they can capture the manga's jaded atmosphere
Oct 18, 2023 6:44 AM

Oct 2013
Manga "Yotsuba to" by Doga Kobo for sure
Oct 18, 2023 9:12 AM

Sep 2020
20th Century Boys by Madhouse or Studio M2 if they do a good job with Pluto

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 18, 2023 12:46 PM

Aug 2019
This will always be my go-to answer, but MAPPA should do an anime adaptation of "After God." That series is right up their alley.
Oct 21, 2023 11:37 PM

Aug 2020
Chi no Wadachi/Blood on the Tracks

I want Madhouse or more specifically the Sonny Boy staff especially Shingo Natsume to work on it.
Oct 22, 2023 8:07 AM

Mar 2012
I need an anime adaptation for Atokata no Machi, any studio would be fine
Oct 22, 2023 3:38 PM
May 2021
I would like to see an Adaptation for the following Mangas:

-Doubt, Judge, Secret & Dead Company
I really like Horror stuff and love the Manga of Tonogai Yoshiki.

-Yakushoku Distopiary

-Mashima-en
I really like these Oneshots of Mashima Hiro.
Oct 22, 2023 4:04 PM

Jun 2017
Plus Size Elf. I think Kyoto Animation would be great, they did an awesome job with Dragon Maid. Plus Size elf seems like a good fit for them.

Do You Like Big Girls? Simply for the amount of sex in that show without it being a hentai. I think Sphere would be a good choice. They did Yosuga No Sora and didn't wimp out on the sex in that show.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Oct 22, 2023 4:07 PM

Dec 2012
I'd say:

Are You Okay With a Slightly Older Girlfriend? (Choppiri Toshiue demo Kanojo ni Shite Kuremasu ka?) Novels
Boogiepop Dual: Loser's Circus
Psycome Novels
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 23, 2023 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
vagabond
yotsuba*

madhouse.

or studio deen.......
Oct 23, 2023 10:02 AM

Jan 2020
A readaptation of the Kyougokudou novel series (Ubume no Natsu, Mouryou no Hako & Kyoukotsu no Yume) by Madhouse, in 24-26 episodes (or 3 movies) because the pacing on the Mouryou no Hako anime was awfully slow to fit the 13 episodes while the manga adaptation did the same in just 10 chapters.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Oct 23, 2023 11:11 AM

May 2015
Reply to Deknijff
Would be real cool if J.C. STAFF or Production I.G could adapt Nononono by Lynn

its not in my top 3 from Lynn but I feel it really stands out from Elfen Lied, Brynhildr and Parallel Paradise so would be really interesting
@Deknijff
I love and I still fondly remember this manga despite reading it probably over a decade ago and despite getting disappointed by the ending (as I remember) I still would love to see an anime adaptation of it.
Oct 23, 2023 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to TheBerserker
@Deknijff
I love and I still fondly remember this manga despite reading it probably over a decade ago and despite getting disappointed by the ending (as I remember) I still would love to see an anime adaptation of it.
@TheBerserker yeah is a shame about the ending, I could tell that Lynn tried his best but is hard when magazine cancels your work like that
That's why Id hope a anime could bring it justice
Oct 23, 2023 12:22 PM

Oct 2019
I rarely read manga, but Takopi's Original Sin is just asking to be adapted by clover works.

would also love a Start string yori ova by the made in abyss team.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 23, 2023 12:24 PM

Aug 2021
I like manhwas alot so of the top of my head Eternal Club would be a really anime adaption
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2023 12:48 PM

Oct 2016
Fire Punch by Madhouse and my usual answer for these threads, Kongou Banchou by David Productions.
Oct 23, 2023 8:35 PM
Jun 2023
Blue Flag (from Kaito) it is such a nice story and it has potential as a great romance/drama anime. Also PPPPPP but the manga got axed so there is no hope in there.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favourite genre with predominantly female cast?

Sanjay63773 - 6 minutes ago

0 by Sanjay63773 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Japanese Anime and its Relationship to the Source Material vs Western Media

LSSJ_Gaming - 9 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
11 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - Yesterday

79 by MogKnight »»
17 minutes ago

» Great Anime that have 5 seasons or more that is underwatched.

RjtheGreat14 - 3 hours ago

8 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Apr 23

51 by Toooooooooohru »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.