Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 19, 2023 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like they went with a final battle route with a boss monster, or at least one that is much more tougher than what the cast has faced so far. It's a lazy move for the finale but I knida get what they went with it.

And hey, everyone worked like a team alongside Maple and the others. Pretty much felt like it was playing a game for majority of this season, than a TV anime at times. It was still fun overall though. 
Apr 19, 2023 8:34 AM

Feb 2020
Great final batle.

Overall, a very good season, but I think the first one was more charming and interesting. This season felt a little too repetitive. Still, I liked every single episode and I would love to see a third season.

I'll miss Maple and everyone else.

SerafosApr 19, 2023 9:30 AM
Apr 19, 2023 9:26 AM

Dec 2022
this was one heck of a battle filed episode and i cant believe they manage to beat that monster anyways it did say the 8th layer will open so are we getting a third season i cant wait
Apr 19, 2023 9:38 AM

Apr 2010
Well there are times when game developers go to far in stopping the players, but in this case they didn't expect that cooperation between guilds which was nice to see.
The girls where also working well together to the point that i wonder about their relationship but it was nice to see.
The others also seemed to have a fun time.

I just hope we will get to see some more of this.
Apr 19, 2023 9:45 AM
Sep 2021
New characters in the end! What a cliffhanger!
Apr 19, 2023 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
The trio of guild groups all band together to anticipate the monster rampage, and most importantly, the 8th Event's final boss battle.

With such massive power, the more the players, the better the chances of everyone fighting back and giving the boss no room to breathe. And true indeed, it was a boss fight that pushed everyone to the absolute limit, even Maple herself, who finds herself almost in trouble being out of HP. But this is backed by Sally with the last-minute potion and going back to her roots with using the Shield to Devour the final boss. It is a job well done for everyone, with the high risk giving high rewards...and although this gives the developers more hell to do in overtime, one of them differ to see the players live another day, and compensating overtime with more personnel and work.

Overall, a rather average sequel that Season 1 is still the peak of Bofuri, though it'll be just fine if this gets a Season 3 in the future with new characters.
Apr 19, 2023 10:02 AM
Sep 2015
This season focus on fighting together instead of fighting each other, and I think it's a nice change of pace. But look like the next season will be back to fighting each other again, with new rivals, and old rivals too. Since those new characters already have voice I expect they really plan a sequel and not just a random cliffhanger.

Also, we really need a moment when those players meet in real life.
Apr 19, 2023 10:09 AM
Apr 2023
Rushed history, mediocre animation. This season was focused just on power demonstrations, can't even call it fights, the LN was so good. I want my cute maple moments TwT
Apr 19, 2023 10:32 AM

May 2016
i really don't like this op unbeatable shit like this. never played a game in her life and is somehow the best player in the game?
lol devs all they gotta do is nerf her abilities by 90% and she won't be op anymore. problem solved.
Apr 19, 2023 10:43 AM

Jan 2023
Really liked that cute little sequence at the end of the episode with Maple and Sally!

Overall, this season was fine. Not quite as fun and inventive as the first one imo, but still enjoyable!
I give a 7/10 to this second season of Bofuri!
Hope we get a third one!
Apr 19, 2023 10:50 AM

Feb 2019
Well that was a really good finale to bofuri season 2. I didn’t like it as much as season 1, I thought some of the gags got repetitive and I think this season lacked the charm of season 1. But the highlights of the season like today and the big fights from a few weeks ago were really good. Wonder if there’ll be a third season
Apr 19, 2023 10:59 AM

Jun 2017
I have to agree, this season wasn't bad but S1 was way better. There was a lot of rushing this time.

Well, since they teased new characters we might get S3 eventually. There are just some series that can ride on light novel fame alone, the anime won't necessarily have to be S tier. lol
Apr 19, 2023 11:18 AM
Mar 2019
S1 was better

but i need a season 3!!!
Apr 19, 2023 11:27 AM

Mar 2010
Just a fyi sorry to lets ya'lls know but me and maple are getting married uwu 

I was lowkey hoping she was Op enough to just win easily and we all Pog lolz Fight seemed a bit clunky tho

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 19, 2023 11:50 AM

Nov 2016
I agree that S2 wasn't quite as fun as S1, but this was an "epic" finale and I have the feeling with S3 things will become a lot more interesting again 🤞🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2023 11:53 AM
Dec 2021
completed this season.
Apr 19, 2023 12:00 PM

Mar 2020
The finale was mostly focused around a boss monster to finish off the 8th event, and it most definitely felt like a lazy way to wrap the season up, but it wasn't anything too interesting to me. There also seemed to be some setup towards a potential Season 3 with some new characters, which could be fun to see.

Overall, this season of Bofuri has been very average, as the novelty from Season 1 seems to have worn off. It got way too repetitive, as it just seemed like boss fight after boss fight, and each event just felt very rushed. I would love to see some IRL interaction between these characters, that would be way more interesting than what was presented in this season.

5/10.
Apr 19, 2023 12:02 PM
Feb 2010
MomoSinX said:
I have to agree, this season wasn't bad but S1 was way better. There was a lot of rushing this time.

Well, since they teased new characters we might get S3 eventually. There are just some series that can ride on light novel fame alone, the anime won't necessarily have to be S tier. lol
First off, I think part of S2's problem isn't the rushing (outside of the first third, which is understandable), but rather the lack of the right combination of action, lightheartedness, and ensemble cast aspect (especially in terms of Maple Tree) that made S1 fun. This episode is a good example of the problem, as outside of the teaser for Season 3, the only real part of the episode that I really got into was the part with Chrom, the twins, and the army of Atrocity Maples going all Shadow of the Colossus on the final boss. Other than that, it was pretty much forgettable (with me wishing that the epilogue featured the rest of Maple Tree instead of just keeping it to just Maple and Sally).

As for Season 3, outside of the pacing issues (as it will likely cover six volumes and the prologue to the volume that is currently being told in the WN), things will likely be better than what we have here.
Apr 19, 2023 12:24 PM

Feb 2019
That last guy's plan on beating Maple Tree is probably trying to cause a rift between Maple and her guildmates. That's just my guess since his actions and his words felt like he was hinting at doing something nefarious like that. I hope season 4 gets underway soon lol I wanna see how these new challengers will challenge their way and try to bring down Maple Tree!
Apr 19, 2023 12:42 PM
Aug 2022
I love this show, great ending to a very fun season!

Am I the only one who can't mark it as completed though? an MAL pop-up saying I can't mark it as done since it's ongoing pops up when I select "Completed". 

Apr 19, 2023 12:50 PM
Apr 2023
man i love cute underage anime girls
Apr 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty epic boss fight for the finale. Maple took it out with her iconic Devour. Was a nice season, liked it. Some new characters were shown at the end, will we get s3? Hope so.
Apr 19, 2023 12:56 PM

Sep 2017
Well it's over. It was fine I guess. Everyone kinda had a moment to use a cool skill or whatever. I always find myself thinking how nonsensical this skill system is and how it would be impossible to balance any sort of combat encounters in a real mmo and it takes me it of it lol. Nothing really that special about this series tho. They just kinda progress through levels and events with no real tension. The gimmick got old really fast in S1 as the series proved to us it has no intention of creatively making use of a max defense character to solve challenges in interesting ways and just gave Maple as swath of absurdly OP abilities that negate any sort of weakness she may have had. The mediocre animation didn't help.
Apr 19, 2023 1:04 PM
Oct 2016
Finishing up both this second season and the eight event with a huge boss battle. This gigantic cthulhu looking monster that's basically Maple atrocity form pushed to its max. With super booster skills and stats to try and stump Maple Tree guild. They needed the power of three different guilds together in order to beat the thing. I definitely agree with Sally that it should worth more than just three medals. So great seeing all the characters we've grown attached to contributing in this fight. Lots of cool skills being showed off against such a strong boss. This season has done a great job of spotlight on more characters which I love. We got to see all of the Maple Tree members get their own pets and unlock cool skills. Nice upgrades for the full guild as well as the members of the other two major guilds which Maple Tree has befriended. Overall this was a great continuation of Bofuri greatness we've come to expected from the indomitable defense tank Maple.

85/100
Apr 19, 2023 1:05 PM
Feb 2020
CrowTheCryptid said:
I love this show, great ending to a very fun season!

Am I the only one who can't mark it as completed though? an MAL pop-up saying I can't mark it as done since it's ongoing pops up when I select "Completed". 
the same was happening with, but it's fixed now
Apr 19, 2023 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
Not many surprises this season but I liked the different teams that formed on the last episodes.
KanameYuukiApr 19, 2023 1:25 PM
Apr 19, 2023 2:02 PM

Jun 2016
Bofuri 2 it's over and I want a S3 just yet! I will miss Maple so much!

Apr 19, 2023 2:05 PM
Feb 2010
LeenPhoenixRae said:
That last guy's plan on beating Maple Tree is probably trying to cause a rift between Maple and her guildmates. That's just my guess since his actions and his words felt like he was hinting at doing something nefarious like that. I hope season 4 gets underway soon lol I wanna see how these new challengers will challenge their way and try to bring down Maple Tree!

ProofByColor said:
Nothing really that special about this series tho. They just kinda progress through levels and events with no real tension. 
That's probably part of the issue with the season lacking the elements that made S1 so great. With the main cast introduced and the main showdown of Maple vs. Payne completed, much of the volumes that make up Season 2 was basically a "down period" for the LN, with things not really picking up until the 7th Layer and the official introduction of the summon system (hence why the season rushed to get to that part), with there not really that much of a conflict other than "the developers trying to beat Maple".

If the final seconds of this episode is any indication, Season 3 will be much different, as a good chunk of focus will be on those new characters, Maple Tree becoming aware of them, and the eventual showdown between them.
Apr 19, 2023 2:22 PM

Jun 2015
After weeks of waiting I finally got the fan service I needed. A full on Tur... ...tle! blast! Love it. 10/10
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 19, 2023 3:09 PM

Oct 2007
enjoyable final battle. The way Maple killed that boss is brutal.

well, three medals does seem too few for killing something that big. lol

some new characters introduced at the end. Possibly hinting at season 3.

thanks Maple, Sally, and everyone!! Looking forward to seeing you again.

funny at the comments, some wished Maple would add even more to def. xD

10/10
Liddo-kunApr 19, 2023 4:32 PM
Apr 19, 2023 3:13 PM

Sep 2018
Thought there was one more episode for some reason. It was OK, didn't have the same charm as S1, where it was more of a learning experience for the characters and the viewer themselves.
Apr 19, 2023 3:38 PM

Jul 2016
Entertaining final boss fight but as a whole, this season ended up being pretty average. First few episodes felt incredibly rushed, very inconsistent animation here and there and way too repetitive with Maple Tree's members obtaining new skills just to later showcase them for an entire episode.

5/10
Apr 19, 2023 4:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It felt really empty to me to be honest, I already forgot most of what happened because it was so average in most cases... and they're (somewhat) teasing a possible S3 at the end but I would not be confident at all
Apr 19, 2023 6:46 PM
Aug 2021
sadly, while the characters are still fun and endearing, we have to accept the season was kinda boring, with no true plot to support it it gets kinda repetitive .
it was a nice final battle but I don't see this getting a S3.
Apr 19, 2023 6:52 PM

Jan 2021
That was a rather anticlimactic and quite honestly, boring, finale. There were no stakes involved. Even if everyone died they'd just lose out on a few medals. Big deal. This final battle didn't have the gravity as Maple vs Payne. And the boss being just a bigger version of the other enemies was lame. They had good designs for some of the enemies earlier in the season but this guy looked really generic and plain. Most of the episode was just various characters yelling attack names with no real strategy. I didn't feel for a second there was any risk of them losing.

The season got off to a great start but when it shifted to multiple episodes about everyone finding their pets it got boring. The pets really didn't add anything to the series. The eagle with the hat, whatever it's name even was, can't remember, got used like once and even then it wasn't an important scene. It just doubled the cast essentially but none of them have any added personality. The whole pets thing should have been one episode at most. Plus it diluted the uniqueness of Maple and Sally's pets. And let's not even get into how they butchered Syrup's design.

The peak was Maple getting her tentacles but after that it fell off pretty quickly. Still a fun show and by no means bad, but not the masterpiece that was season 1. I would also be surprised if this got a season 3. With the delays and other complications I got the impression people were already losing interest.
Apr 19, 2023 6:53 PM
May 2017
Very good! United, together we stand. Maple being Maple, the cutest and lovely tank. Third season obviously welcome!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 19, 2023 7:39 PM

Sep 2016
That was a fun finale, but overall this season was just meh. I don't know why, but I just didn't find it as fun as the first one. It got really fun in the last 2-3 episodes tho, so there is that. 6/10
Apr 19, 2023 7:46 PM

Jul 2021
I guess the PVP scenario is more interesting than the PVE that's why it not that great as season 1. I still enjoy it. 8.5/10
Apr 19, 2023 8:05 PM
Mar 2021
I’m not sure how it goes in the LN but I feel like it should’ve had a in between of a slice of life of them irl, but the main focus playing the game to get rid of some of the repetitiveness. The whole op thing is fine but I hope it branches off and goes more in depth to other sides of the game, the world seems so vast but they just speed-run through it.
Apr 19, 2023 8:10 PM

Dec 2015
Do the same joke every episode and repeat in another season the same thing...

Very disappointed with this season, I watched until the end just because I had already started the anime and because I had some faith that the anime could change something in the last part, but I was innocent about it.
Apr 19, 2023 8:18 PM
Apr 2023
It's finally done! After the hellish production due to multiple delays, somehow season 2 turned out well. It was getting kind of boring/bland/repetitive for the first half but the idea of having a Raid-like event towards the end, instead of GvG like in season 1, made things exciting somehow for this season. while the 1st season focused on the absurdity of how Maple developed as a player, it was nice to see that both co-players and game devs are inspired on playing and making the game even more interesting as a whole. They also foreshadowed the emergence of new strong guilds that might be the next challenge of Maple Tree if ever season 3 will come out. Praying season 3 will indeed be made! Will miss seeing Maple and the group once again!
Apr 19, 2023 8:56 PM

Sep 2016
Velvet is voiced by Saber
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 19, 2023 9:33 PM
Feb 2021
season 3 when!? on Mt way to the LN
Apr 19, 2023 10:30 PM

May 2020
Seems like survival on the last day of the event. Frederica describes the enemy as fake Maple 🤣🤣🤣. 

Seriously, as someone said, this season is more about bullying the developers. Seems like more new guilds are up, hinting at the next season.

I liked that they used the previous season's OST in some of the episodes in this season.
Apr 19, 2023 11:02 PM
Dec 2018
FlameCatBr14 said:
Rushed history, mediocre animation. This season was focused just on power demonstrations, can't even call it fights, the LN was so good. I want my cute maple moments TwT

thiiiiiiss. s1 captured the pace and charm of the LN so well and s2 has dropped the ball so hard. it does give me hope that so many seem to enjoy the anime for its own sake, but for those who read ahead? shambles. absolute shambles.
Apr 20, 2023 1:45 AM

Jan 2017
Ok finale with the boss pushing everyone to their limits, but I prefer the PvP aspect of NWO instead of this PvE "let's just make the devs suffer" plotline. 

If a Season 3 were to happen it seems promising with the new rivals teased
Apr 20, 2023 1:47 AM

Mar 2022
Satisfying end to a good season cant wait for the next one.
Apr 20, 2023 3:10 AM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that we've finally reached the end of season 2 of Bofuri after the delays that it went through. It was pretty satisfying to see everyone working together to take down the massive final boss.

Seeing the devs going from being depressed to hyped up by one of their colleague's hopes of better overtime pay was funny. XD

Overall, I still have to say that season 1 was better and not only because the story part of it. I'll still give this second season a 7.5/10 (Rounded up to an 8/10), but like with many sequel seasons, it does struggle to hold its own compared to the first season in many aspects. Even though the animation went all out in episodes 1, 5 and 11, we still had to witness how badly it can go wrong, like with the CGI fight back in episode 3. The first season did have its own issues there, but it felt more consistent overall. Plus, the delays that this season had didn't help things either which did effected the enjoyment slightly. Same goes for the pacing, which did feel a little rushed too often at times.

Despite those gripes, I still love this series and how comfy and amusing it is to watch. As it aired on the same day that I play badminton on, it still made for a great series to watch before or after my badminton session. =)

So that's my overall thoughts of the series. With the new characters and potential rivals appearing at the end of the episode, I really hope that a third season does happen in the future. If it does, then I can hope that Silver Link does a better job with the production schedule next time so that no delays will happen.
Apr 20, 2023 3:17 AM
Jan 2012
Maple becoming what she is in season 1 was much more interesting to watch than this whole godmode fighting. 
Apr 20, 2023 5:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given the battle royal feel the dev's went for they had to leave the base eventually. Quite the final boss though in the form of another fake maple. The strat they used against the boss though while simple was pretty effective. The delay sure provided an excellent opportunity for the players to gather and launch a full assault. Maple's final strike was damm entertaining. The secretary though really has quite the determination though. Overall as a finale a pretty enjoyable one that managed to end the series on a high note while leaving enough hints for a s3. Looks like they would have some pretty skilled rivals to face when it does.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» This season is CG?

curvedtree - Feb 2, 2023

12 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Feb 5, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

61 by waldy713 »»
Jan 17, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2023

108 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

39 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

82 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.