Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 4 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, competition really got heated with everyone climbing that tower. It's competiting in a MMORPG game where everyone wants to prove themselves.

Looks like Sally had a somewhat disadvantage cause her fear of ghosts on that floor. Not going to lie, I thought this episode is fairly entertaining showcasing the various adventurers from Sally, to Maple, along with the various monsters. They truly made this feel like a fantasy action-adventure based off a game. 
Feb 1, 2023 7:47 AM

Feb 2020
Possibly the most entertaining episode so far. I liked the boss fight a lot.

I want to try that giant turtle riding. It looks relaxing. :P

Kasumi looked really cool in this scene.

Sally hiding in Mapple's mouth was priceless. Poor girl was so scared again. x3

SerafosFeb 2, 2023 12:06 AM
Feb 1, 2023 7:59 AM

Apr 2014
That knight is something the final boss should be.
btw, I really love how Maple helped Sally to cope with her fear of those ghosts that haunted floor.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 1, 2023 8:08 AM

Dec 2022
another fantastic episode cant wait for seventh floor
Feb 1, 2023 8:46 AM

May 2014
love the final boss fight 
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2023 9:10 AM

Apr 2010
Sally hiding in Maple's mouth was funny.
And the way they defeated that turtle was nice as well, the last fight was intense tho and a boss the girls needed.
It seems that tho others also had a fun time with the event.
Feb 1, 2023 9:16 AM

Feb 2019
Wow that sakuga during both boss fights today was awesome. I really liked the OST during the end of the last fight as well. Another really good Bofuri episode.

Lol sally was so scared she’s willing to sit in a damn mouth??
Feb 1, 2023 10:22 AM
Sep 2015
I feel like this game/this season is too focus on new level, new area, new boss, new skill but all of those new things aren't fully explored. Am I the only one who's a "lore type" here?
Feb 1, 2023 10:26 AM

Aug 2012
not sure if is a game limitation but with armored oponents you should attack the gaps not the armor. Attacking the armor should make almost 0 damage unless there are special attacks like elemental attacks that the armor does not protect against.

phantomfandom said:
I feel like this game/this season is too focus on new level, new area, new boss, new skill but all of those new things aren't fully explored. Am I the only one who's a "lore type" here?
In MMO is not that much about lore. That is why I personally do not like them. That being said there are traces of lore here and there like the armor and the oni dude from this season. But so far it does not seem they are going to explore those
nightcrawlercypFeb 1, 2023 10:30 AM
Feb 1, 2023 11:03 AM

Nov 2016
The poor turtle.

Good episode again. The last boss fight was valid.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 1, 2023 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
Final boss fight music kicked in and I was all in at that point. Well fought ladies, well fought
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 1, 2023 12:18 PM

Mar 2010
Sally going into maples mouth aside.. and no offense but damn why do I want to impregnate Maple? have I been bewitched?

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 1, 2023 12:29 PM

Oct 2017
That was an epic boss fight. Great teamwork from Sally and Maple.
Feb 1, 2023 12:32 PM

Feb 2014
Maple was using her monster form so that Sally can hide in her mouth anytime they traverse through the sixth floor, huh?

I must say, that's a rather convenient solution to Sally's fears of ghosts and zombies, but at the same time, she didn't look happy about it, either! XD

That funny moment aside, this episode was great. I had some concerns after the use of CGI for the entire second floor fight of the tower, but this episode easily made up for it by having almost non-stop solid action from start to finish. The ninth floor main boss had the best animation of the episode, with many nice sakuga moments. The final floor boss, against a nameless knight, also had some solid animation and an insert song to make things more entertaining.

Both girls worked hard, but they were able to clear the entire tower challenge as a duo. Their smiles at each other after they beat the knight boss was really sweet! =)
Feb 1, 2023 12:53 PM

Feb 2008
Honestly, with how broken Maple is, I am very surprised that Payne and Mii still finished ahead. Though, I suppose they did have more players on their team, and I guess that makes quite a big difference.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Feb 1, 2023 1:05 PM
Oct 2016
Talk about an exciting boss fight to end this new event! Maple and Sally duo conquering the rest of this tower. Taking on quite a few challenges on each floor. The admins doing their best they stop Maple from wrecking the game. They came close with that chameleon boss that put Maple to sleep since she couldn't take damage but with Sally they make an unstoppable pairing. Starting off the episode with them relaxing on top of that turtle boss before easily defeating it. I loved the boss fight against that giant cylinder machine thing that had the knock back on any attacks that hit it. The animation looked so good during this fight too. The admins did a great job creating complicated and tough bosses in this event. Maple had to do lots of outside the box thinking to beat most of them. Going right at the cylinder machine boss didn't work so she had to use that drill ability to attack from above to negate the knock back. Sally and Maple having to use all their best versus the final boss knight. Maple even taking significant damage to beat it, we saw them use lots of different abilities to have a chance. That guy was absolutely the toughest boss to date but the ladies handled it.
Feb 1, 2023 1:12 PM
Sep 2018
This show has some of the greatest vibes I've ever seen as always. Everyone is trying their best to be great at the game and I just love to see the enthusiasm. and RIP SYRUP. So glad to see everyone doing their best and winning
Feb 1, 2023 1:32 PM

Jun 2016
Bofuri is a lighthearted and wholesome colorful anime, is always a great pleasure to watch! I love it! sadly in the charts is underrated.
Feb 1, 2023 2:14 PM
Apr 2022
They are really racing through the content. That tower was about a book and a half. Feels like they're rushing it.
Feb 1, 2023 2:39 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty nice boss fight but not gonna lie, after having seen it, I'm now curious af to know how Mii and Payne managed to defeat that thing.
Feb 1, 2023 3:41 PM
Jul 2022
anyone know the song at around 19 minutes?
Feb 1, 2023 4:28 PM

May 2016
Why do the devs complain about maple being op yet don't ever nerf any of her abilities? or remove them.

Also why is the boss being CC'd? Doesn't every mmo make bosses unable to be CC'd?
Feb 1, 2023 4:49 PM
Jun 2022
phantomfandom said:

Yes, I’ve found that the show has no focus anymore and I can’t seem to care about most of what’s being done because nothing has any meaning. It’s just about what’s next. They don’t even really get to traverse the nice looking environments, they just skip them so there’s no sense of adventure at all.
Feb 1, 2023 6:01 PM
Feb 2022
Gran trabajo en equipo de Mapple y Sally. Quedaron terceros como siempre, pero cabe recordar que Mapple y Sally fueron solo las dos a pelear en la torre. Me encanta la animación de este anime.
Feb 1, 2023 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
dam that was god awful lol
Feb 1, 2023 6:10 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
The competition got really close but as expected Payne and Mii's team conquered the event first followed closely by Sally and Maple who make for one hell of a pairing!!

That finally boss sure was tough, it may have been the smallest but damn it was by far the strongest they have faced.

Also Sally hiding in Maple's mouse was priceless lol, I mean that's one way to do beat the boss!

seventh floor next episode, lets see what it will look like!!

Feb 1, 2023 6:45 PM

Feb 2019
i was actually on the edge of my seat during that final level boss. it wasn't easy for Sally & Maple, but i knew they'd succeed.

her guildmates' reaction when they saw her solution on how Sally can still participate when facing off against Level 6 boss lol
Feb 1, 2023 7:01 PM
Dec 2021
Maple became gurren lagann. My life is complete
Feb 1, 2023 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
Gotta love that the devs simply accepted the fact that want people to beat their game, it took them quite some time but long term it was a much healthier choice for them.

Finally we've got to see Mapple and Sally struggle a lot with this boss, but at the end of the day it was easy for them, especially being the only party to do it as a duo lmao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 1, 2023 7:21 PM
Apr 2017
A complete waste of time.
Feb 1, 2023 7:22 PM
Aug 2020
It was very good, I took my time to watch the S1 ( last week) I really enjoy the show.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 1, 2023 7:28 PM
Jul 2020
Poor Sally... 6th floor is neverending trauma fuel for her
Feb 1, 2023 8:36 PM
Feb 2018
Really glad they didn't make the final boss so menacing and then maple would just one tap him, the best episode so far 5/5

Also, you can tell difference from the first season, suwawa can voice a smol character now, really happy for her
Feb 1, 2023 8:56 PM

Jul 2017
With more monsters regulated by the game devs, Maple and Sally just relaxing on top of the sea turtle floor boss, then engaging it in a battle, is just about the coolest thing ever. And of course, Sally hiding in Maple's monster mouth to scully away from her phobia of ghosts, it's versatile but still vulnerable to the equivalence of getting carsick. Frederica, Payne and Mii's guild parties are also coming along as well in their various floors, though some will face struggles.

While the 7th Floor boss, however, proves to be a challenge for both Maple and Sally, but at least it's defeatable. And now the game devs put together their all: the final 10th Floor boss, which is the accumulation of their research to counteract against the extremely OP character, it's all or nothing to go max against it at its extreme difficulty. But even with all of their powers combined, there is a sense of feeling which they will not make it, and against adversity, they made it within a game that is totally beatable, without being too hard on them.

The 7th Quest: the Tower has been conquered, great job to Maple's party. Though Sally will forever hide in Maple's mouth where darkness resides.
Feb 2, 2023 2:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The individual floors within the event sure has some variety to them. So much for the floor boss being strong lol. Even without Maple her guidemates sure are powerful fighters. The rookies that Payne's guild took in sure aren't proving useful. But the look at how Payne and Mii's party fights was pretty insightful. As a decoy though Maple is perfect for the role. Maple and Sally's fight against the boss sure was impressive. That boss really pushed them to fight with all their might plus usage of creative tactics to deal with the boss itself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2023 6:28 AM
Nov 2015
can't wait new skill maple
Feb 2, 2023 11:32 AM

Sep 2020
Really intense and great episode~The boss almost won the fight, probably the strongest so far.
Feb 2, 2023 12:03 PM
Aug 2021
my god that made me on the edge of my seat in the final fight between maple and sally vs the final floor boss.
Feb 2, 2023 3:39 PM
Mar 2015
Giga Doriru Maple!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 2, 2023 3:40 PM

Oct 2008
Maple and Sally defeated the strongest b0ss on lv10 nice!
but it was not an easy fight for Maple..she really struggled there...rare that we seen Maple struggle! nice!
5/5.

Feb 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Feb 2016
Finally, a "good" episode.

I swear this series would be a hard drop for me if it wasn't for Maple and Sally, literally 2 of the best girls ever made, sadly, they are the protagonist duo of such a boring and lazy plot.

PD: eveytime Maple transforms into Machine God I have a heart attack, she looks SO HOT and idk why lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Feb 3, 2023 3:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kinda difficult fights this time, but yeah gonna have to max out on defense to prevent that now ahah
Feb 3, 2023 3:22 PM
Mar 2019
I liked the episode.
Feb 3, 2023 3:54 PM
Apr 2021
BOFURI is my top 3 animes of the season ♥
Feb 4, 2023 5:52 AM
Feb 2023
Maple Hay EGLENCELI ve Güçlü her zamanki gibi şaşırtıyor
Feb 4, 2023 10:07 AM

Feb 2017
Im not completely a lore type of person but i recognise that this season is not giving enough time to each event or floor
Feb 6, 2023 6:26 AM

Nov 2013
Maple and Sally enjoying their holidays on the 4th floor lol, they literally went to relax on top of the floor boss
since they are aiming to get 1st place in this tournament, they need to clear the floor, so they went and beat the boss with just 3 attacks, so much for being a tough enemy LOL

meanwhile the rest of the team is going together and with all their teamwork they managed to beat that floor, and as they said, Sally would have an hard time with that floor, unless, she was hiding inside Maple's mouth, ew hahaha

Frederica and Payne's team is doing good too, but since Frederica decided to compete with Sally (using a small team), she has to do a lot of work by herself to keep up the support lol
meanwhile theres a few guyss there but they are just hiding :D

next, Mii's team, and the ice field with a ton of traps, seems to be a hard floor, but we know Mii's fire is gonna be the best best agains't ice types
1st, a 5 minutes break, good thing they don't need to have 5 minute naps like some others this season lol

Mii's on the 7th floor while Frederica's on the 8th floor, and Maple on the 7th, they are falling behind, specially since they are taking a break at their guild's house

lol Maple is sleeping ... to wake up, she needs to get hurt, but ... we know how that works
the developer's team was happy to finally seal Maple's for a bit, but Sally is just as strong

next floor, a big block is taking and sending their attacks back at them, that's kinda troublesome
Maple, as usual making some crazy combo attacks to fit the situation, making sure her skill "heavy body" will keep her from getting knocked away, while her big drill pierces the enemy's defense, for a hard winning battle

now that all of the strongest players are on the last floor, let's see if they can beat the last and which one does it faster

the boss started by going straight into attacking Maple, and even with her big defense, she went flying LOL
Sally dodging and trying to land a couple hits, but no damage is done
Maple back into her shield duties, and while she managed to stop one of the boss's hit, the next one literally destroyed her cannon armor, and if not for Sally pulling her away from the boss's next attack, she might have just lost all her hp

as expected from the last boss, it's hard, and they barely have time to think about strategy
the strategy is simple, Maple with her angel powers, and Maple trying to seal the enemy speed, so they can hit him with a big attack after that

Sally getting hit by the enemy's attacks, but since she can't receive damage, it's fine
she also has stuff like kage bunshin or mirage to confuse the enemy, before hitting him from behind

after getting hit by a few atatcks, the boss is pissed, so with his flame sword, even maple is starting to feel the pain of protecting Sally
they somehow stopped it from moving, but it went right into making a big magic circle, which was dangerous, with maple turning into a monster to survive that attack (i thought she already used that on floor 7, maybe it's a different day, so the cooldown reset lol)

Maple turned her angel mode off, and called the left hand cannon, while Sally turned her into 4 ... but without Maple's protection, Sally needs to dodge every attack, including the ones sent by Maple herself lol

after the 4 cannon hits landed, Maple went in and hit him with her shield, saying "this is the end", so i guess it's close to over ... Sally coming down from behind the boss to give it a 5 time slash (this number is going up lol 6 hits next?)
the boss sent them away with some kind of wind, but the battle should be almost over anyway, let's keep going

the boss activated a rain sword attack, and Maple sacrificed Syrup to stop that hit, ouch
Maple hit him with some big spears from below, but it went after Sally, and snce she couldn't dodge that one, Maple had to use her cover move... just in time ...
Sally used a small heal, and with a eye contact, Sally knew what was about to happen, so she jumped out
time to end the fight, and with the help of sally walls to keep the boss from moving, time to use break core, a move that leaves her with 1 hp in exchange for a big damage on the boss
but it wasn't enough ... the boss almost hit her, but Sally again pulled her away, and with a final jump, she hit the boss to finish him
(lol after the fight, i actually went google to check the break core skill, and it took me straight to the chapter where this battle was happening, interesting to quickly glance at it)

after they finally beat it, they celebrated, they had fun
Mii and Payne team cleared it faster tho
the developers were actually happy with the result, (probably the 1st time i see them happy for Maple's victory lol), but indeed, a game should be hard, but possible to clear, as impossible games are probably not interesting

after that win, they obviously got even more broken skills, Sally can now manipulate water, while Maple got "unbreakable shield", reminding me, that her shield got destroyed multiple times in that fight. but it recovered right back

the rest of the guild finally joined them at the tree house, yay they also beat the tower

LOL there's no time to rest, after floor 4-6 were released in ep3, and them clearing this tower on ep4... floor 7 is getting released right away, damn, the developers are woking hard

well, time to defeat floor 6 boss, and for that, Maple has the perfect plan, putting Sally in her mouth again, the others couldn't believe what they just saw HAHAHA
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 7, 2023 3:26 AM
Feb 2023
really great, i love the characters and that "exploring with fun" vibe ^^
Feb 7, 2023 3:26 PM

Nov 2009
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Why do the devs complain about maple being op yet don't ever nerf any of her abilities? or remove them.

They actually did nerf them... back in Season 1, but Maple keep on getting other OP skills that makes her previous skills OP even with nerfs, lol.

And they don't remove them, cause there might be other players with those skills, but just not as OP cause they don't have max VIT, DEF and other OP skills to combo the skills together.

And since then, the DEVS have been trying to come up with other in-game ways to counter Maple without destroying the game balance.

Plus, the game seems to have AI incorporated where the AI in the game can make up their own skills and such to give to players. Such as the "Oni Army" that was given to Maple by the Oni Boss. (the Oni Boss seems to have some free-will as it's not literally speaking like a robot/ script that some other NPC from season 1 did)

___ ___ ___

It was a chill ride on the Turtle, until...

Maple and Sally kill it T_T

I know it's a "boss", but the Turtle didn't even fought back and let them ride on him...
___ ___ ___

Meanwhile, since Sally is afraid of ghosts, she decide to ride inside Maple's Atrocity mouth... LOL

And one of the DEV wants to try being inside Maple's mouth ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TBH, I am curious as well, wonder how her mouth feels

___ ___ ___

Anyways... it looks like Sally got slept, interesting that Maple can still take negative status effects.

And it looks like Maple's having a good time sleeping since she can't be woken up as she doesn't take any damage, LOL

But Sally beat the boss instead.

Afterwards they went into "Space"?... huh... gone from Ocean to Forest and then to Space.

I guess Machine God fits this space level for max Sci-Fi.

But it looks like the Boss... is a literal giant Wall that apparently also have the previous level's "mimic" skill that copies player's skills.

___ ___ ___

And the 3 OP guilds all reached the 10th floor at same time, hmm...

You know what, I just realized... are the bosses on each floor all the same?

I am quite curious on how Mii and Payne defeat some bosses.

And apparently the 10th boss...

was supposedly designed as the "strongest boss", which is a Knight.

That somehow has enough power to actually push back Maple and destroy her Shield (first time at least)

And the boss deals "Fixed damage" (aka, Neutral damage, True damage, Piercing damage, etc etc)

It was a pretty tough fight, Sally had issues with her speed trying to keep up, while Maple's OP skills seems to be countered.

RIP baby turtle... one shoted.

You know what... I have a strange feeling this 10th floor boss is literally based on Payne...

Then both Maple and Sally used their "ULT" to beat the boss.

But apparently Payne won first, then Mii and Maple 3rd.

I bet it was easy for Payne... cause it's like fighting himself, so you know where the weaknesses are.

(tho it looks like Maple and Sally is the only "duo"? all the other groups seems to have more than 4 ppls, which means Maple and Sally was doing this event handicapped...)
amlgFeb 7, 2023 3:53 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 8, 2023 6:10 AM

Feb 2021
I never cease to amuse Maple's ability to defeat the final bosses, with one stomp? ok! hahaha
Plus the strategy for Sally not seeing the map and the admins comment... the more I think about it, the weirder it gets lol
The rest of the combats are interesting and the final boss of the tower is very entertaining, it was really hard!
MVP: the ground lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

101 by davidernu »»
Apr 24, 12:12 AM

» This season is CG?

curvedtree - Feb 2, 2023

12 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Feb 5, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2023

108 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

39 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

82 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.