Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, Tomo observing her friend Misuzu is amusing. She's almost like a detective. First half of this episode was amusing and gave Carol more chances to show her personality.

Tomo's mom also makes an appearance and she seems like an airhead LOL. Her husband is a funny guy too. This is one of the most amusing families I've seen this season. My favorite part of this episode is Tomo beating up that bully and showing who is boss. 
Jan 25, 2023 7:58 AM

May 2020
Misuzu does really say whatever’s on her mind, and I mean whatever, doesn’t she? Though people have hots for these kinds, just look at Tanabe-kun, dude wants to make the girl he likes smile, just once but that’s basically asking for the impossible as black-haired girl.. anime.. not happening. Also I won’t blame those gyarus getting super flustered every time Tomo gets near fifty metres of them given the ikemen aura she gives. I assume Misuszu must’ve been avoiding the hug for the same reason lol.

I won’t say I feel bad for Jun whenever he gets a smack from Tomo, I mean one moment she’s a girl and the other a pal for him… can get on anyone’s nerves. Though guess dude already has a reputation in Tomo’s home, one look and it already seemed like mama Tomo knows the deal between them. Though what about between mama Tomo and papa Tomo lmao, that big block is a tsundere.

And like I said gyarus already have fallen head over heels for the hottest tomboy in the town, I mean who wouldn’t if someone like a prince charming saves you from basic highschool thugs. Loved Carol being Carol throughout the episode, but hey she's sisterzoned lol.
Jan 25, 2023 10:17 AM

Apr 2016
You know, normally it may be weird, strange even, but Misuzu does struck me as a person who carries a duct tape regularly every day ... for all kinds of, uses. A very important lesson in this week's episode, there is a big difference between hugging your friends ... and a person you like.

Also, nice family morning .. lmao.
Jan 25, 2023 10:28 AM

Feb 2019
Nah man this show is special. Just gets better and better every week. Fave episode by far, where to start?

Firstly Carol might overtake suzu as best girl, at least temporarily. She was great today from teaching tomo how to hug to her little moment with suzu at the window to the stuff with mizuki, I’m rooting for her all the way. Amaki sally doing a great job.

Tomo’s mom is hilarious I hope we get to see more of her as well. Love how she instantly made Goro fall out.

Cute how much Ogawa and her friend depend on tomo, glad she and Junichirou were able to sort everything out with that rapey dude.
Marinate1016Jan 25, 2023 10:32 AM
Jan 25, 2023 10:47 AM

Feb 2017
Sounds like Jun has been "falling down" for years whenever Tomo makes an enemy, what a Chad. Also RIP Carol, dude just casually called her his sister and brushed off her boobs like a caretaker lmao
Jan 25, 2023 10:54 AM

May 2015
Just imagine Tomo getting hurt by the bad guys than her father showing up in school like in the good old days. They should call themselves fortunate that their ass got kicked only by Junichi,

IshitatesoJan 25, 2023 10:57 AM
Jan 25, 2023 11:13 AM

Jan 2018
MILF spotted. Akemi-san is pretty hot. If I was Mr. Aizawa, I'd probably feel lovesick like him too lol. Hope we'll get to see her more.

Carol is just too cute. Watching her in the anime is like eating a dessert that's too sweet. Hard to describe the feeling properly.

At this point it’s no secret that Jun actually loves Tomo. I'm glad he's not one of those braindead anime MCs who are oblivious to the advances of the main love interest.
Jan 25, 2023 11:22 AM

Nov 2016
We really need a spin-off for Tomo's parents in high school. Besides, I wonder how Goro managed to impregnate Akemi. Judging by their interaction I wouldn't be surprised if she had to get rough. Somehow I predicted that he would be either a Giga Chad or someone with negative rizz. Guess he's both.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 25, 2023 11:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like Misuzu is quite the high wall for the boys of the class to surmount. Even when she was a babe looks like Tomo was pretty aggressive. Misuzu's plan though sure ended up backfiring on her. Tomo's family is just as unusual that’s for sure. Still that aggression of Tomo's sure was useful against people like that stalker. The interference from Jun though was fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2023 11:50 AM

Apr 2022
I'm relly glad they didn't make Carol a brainlet of a comic relief character. I actually love her a lot in this episode.
Jan 25, 2023 11:51 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
I didn't like the first part of the episode, but the second part was better. I have never seen anyone who can't look his own wife in the eyes, so how did he manage to have a child with her? lol
Jan 25, 2023 11:52 AM

Mar 2010
Ai I want to see tomo's mom and dad's origin story lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 25, 2023 11:57 AM
Mar 2015
She just a fighter not a glomper
Jan 25, 2023 12:01 PM
Jan 2021
best episode yet
everything about the show seems to have fallen into place perfectly, and carol and misuzu once again proved they are the best parts of this great show
Jan 25, 2023 12:03 PM

Nov 2021
Has anyone noticed that Crunchyroll adds subtitles to some of the OP/EDs? What is going on?? I wish every show had subs for the songs, they add so much to the show for me personally.

Episode 4 ended around chapter 236, seems like they are really are doing 60-ish chapters each. They skipped out on some nice dialogue with Tomo's mom however. Either way, this is such a great adaptation and I'd rather have them skip some chapters to get as close to the ending as possible.
yagakimiloverJan 25, 2023 12:09 PM
Jan 25, 2023 12:08 PM

Apr 2010
Well the hugging part was great Tomoko wanting to feel up other girls was funny, the part where Carol offered help was great.
The tape over the mouth part was also nice.
Tomoko helping out with some violent people was also a nice thing to do of her.
Jan 25, 2023 12:23 PM
Oct 2008
Part where Carol was crowning herself with "TUTUTUTUTU" was too funny,I didn't expect that. Also I like how "camera" operate to show how Tomo is big girl.
Jan 25, 2023 12:30 PM

May 2022
This has surpassed my expectations. Probably going to be my anime of the season. They have taken the best of a good manga and made it even better. I'm so impressed by the VAs. They are well cast, and their performances are better than I had dared to hope.

I'm so happy to get an Ogawa & Mifune scene! Those two are my favorite side characters in a while. They are the high school rom-com equivalent of Shakespeare's clowns. And like a comedy of Shakespeare, we now have 3 couples to cheer for as Aizawa continues her pursuit of Jun, Tanabe steps up his courtship of Misuzu, and Carol begins her pursuit of childhood friend Misaki. With any luck we will have three successful romances by the end of the series. Maybe there is even hope for Mifune and Ogawa!
Jan 25, 2023 12:47 PM
Jun 2022
Thine be the glory is the name of the English hymn that Carol hummed in this episode. Didn’t expect that in an anime, but pretty cool.
Jan 25, 2023 1:09 PM

Jul 2017
Tanabe getting ignored by Misuzu lols, but between him and Junichiro, the effect is different. Both Tanabe and Carol getting Misuzu's tape treatment in order to get her to smile, it's best not to provoke her.

Tomo trying to be girlish with skinship for hugs, and trying with Misuzu sure puts her off, and tries with Carol instead, which she is special. The same ol' expressionless Misuzu being one-kind, it takes one to open up, even if it's just a little bit. But hugging Junichiro? Since he has always done the same for her, try reciprocating back the favor? Which fails hard.

Tomo getting awakened by Junichiro in her own room, and her mom Akemi is also awakened by the ruckus. Unfortunately, the father isn't even living together in the house, it's like they're practically divorced. Hah, Carol putting a hairband on Tomo's hair, it's damn awkward lols. The reason? Tanabe joining in, and Carol is always treated like a tomboy. About love advice? Prolly not, and even worse if it's on a mixer, which Ogawa went and got "hitched" with a Senpai who's as rowdy as a playboy. But if this confirms anything, Tomo is not seen as a girly girl, but a manly girl.

Carol's "TU TU TU" instrumental felt like Star Wars-ish, what a fiend.
Jan 25, 2023 1:17 PM

Jan 2021
Tanabe trying to make Misuzu smile, but fails at his attempts, which was funny to see. Misaki being an gentleman towards Carol, but that's just how he is, like she said. 

Tomo wanna be more girly by hugging others but when she did that, they got afraid of her. Carol telling Tomo that she can hug her, and it ended up being a lot of hugs lol. 

Tomo beating up that dude was amazing, protecting the girls also, Jun giving an extra beat down to all 5 guys, those men were on their knees fast.
Jan 25, 2023 1:32 PM
Jan 2023
Aparentemente o Jun "tropeça" muito por causa da Tomo dês do sétimo ano interessante. O de fuder nesse ep é o pai da Tomo ter vergonha de ver a própria mulher kkkkkk
Jan 25, 2023 2:29 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Be careful what you wish for when trying to get Misuzu to smile because she's gives off a sadist vibe. It's kinda hard to tell how Misuzu is feeling because she's a low energy girl with one facial expression. Once again, Carol steals the show with her autistic behavior and her comedy bits are very funny. It's ironic that Tomo's parents relationship is similar to Tomo and Jun's relationship as friends for now.
Jan 25, 2023 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
Carol is an angel, her getting back her hairband was extra cute, I have a soft spot when the girl isn't that good cooking yet the guy is more than happy to eat it and enjoys it.
Jan 25, 2023 2:56 PM

Sep 2017
benren said:
Sounds like Jun has been "falling down" for years whenever Tomo makes an enemy, what a Chad. Also RIP Carol, dude just casually called her his sister and brushed off her boobs like a caretaker lmao

“Wow, you drop crumbs there all the time! I’m always having to brush them off. What am I ever going to do with you?” 😩
I wish more people watched Chobits.
Jan 25, 2023 2:57 PM

May 2021
From the way Junichirou asked Tomo about her opinion on lovesick boys, I think Junichirou likes Tomo, but is afraid to not be like her dad and turn her off.

There were other moments when he got flustered around Tomo when she seemed more girly.

I think the show played us by making us think Junichirou doesn't know Tomo is a girl, he clearly knows, he probably even likes her in a way other than best buddies, he just doesn't want to show it.

The show is smarter than I expected, quite a rare gem of this season.
luckyowl10Jan 25, 2023 4:04 PM
Jan 25, 2023 3:21 PM

Apr 2016
luckyowl10 said:
The show is smarter than I expected, quite a rare gem of this season.

Exactly! The characters have way more depth than they let on, especially for such a generic romcom setup.
Jan 25, 2023 3:23 PM
May 2021
ganhou meu respeito
Jan 25, 2023 4:24 PM

Mar 2019
Carol singing that tune, while getting the headband back from Tomo-chan. "Its home". Probably the funniest, weirdest and cutest moment of the season for me. 
Jan 25, 2023 4:26 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Misuzu is ice cold, really do like her character, like everyone in their group is terrifying, apart from Carol who is a bit of an airhead at times.

The interaction between Tomo's mum and dad was also quite funny to see, seeing the dad acting like usual then passing out cause of the mum lol.

Also hearing that Jun has fallen down a lot in the past means that he has probably protected Tomo behind the scenes a lot. But yeah those 3rd years really got humbled!!

Jan 25, 2023 4:52 PM
Jan 2022
You know I really thought when I first saw her I would hate Carol either because she was gonna be a popular mean girl or because she was annoying, turns out shes neither, shes actually pretty cute not gonna lie. Love the big brother relationship she has with Kousuke
Jan 25, 2023 4:56 PM

Jun 2014
After seeing Tomo's mom for the first time, we can see where Tomo gets her toughness from. Her mom appears to have probably been a sukeban in her teenage years.

Those punks didn't stand a chance against Tomo, or Jun for that matter.

Jan 25, 2023 5:13 PM
Aug 2016
carol is still on a mental energy that is impossible to not meme... like im getting early chika fujiwara vibes from it but without the chaos energy...

also the whole thing with tomos parents is just cute, seeing how much the father falls for akemi was kinda cartoonish but it was adorable..

its kinda sad that carol's fiance (is it safe to call him that since they got married twice allegedly) sees her as a sister, but hopefully some development might come in the future.

and finally that bit of comedy from the third years vs tomo and jun... those dudes might as well have had a sign saying "i forfeit"
Jan 25, 2023 5:43 PM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Jan 25, 2023 6:38 PM
May 2017
Junichirou acts towards Tomo the same way her father acts towards her mother.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 25, 2023 6:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This is the episode where I realized this might end up being a 10/10 for me, if it keeps up what we’ve seen so far it absolutely will. That said, what a fantastic episode, I enjoyed Tanabe’s efforts make Gundou smile in the first bit, and then the way Gundou reacted by saying she’d shoot him down with a smile if he approaches her seriously was really good lol, and I’m with Tanabe on that I would only be more motivated lol. And then Tomo wanting to get in on the girl glomping but discovering a lot about girls was really funny, I especially lost it when she came back from hugging Carol and said “maybe I’m not a girl” lmao.

And then later on Gundou wanting to be hugged after all was very wholesome, really liked that scene. And Tomo’s parents’ relationship is a sweet one, the fact her dad is still flustered around her mom is great lol, also loved that visual of the dad defending the mom in Highschool. And Carol’s headband song was cute and hilarious, wasn’t a bad look for Tomo either. The last bit regarding those jerk dudes was really good too, loved seeing Tomo defend those girls and also discovering that Jun has been defending Tomo for a long time now, but Tomo will always believe he falls down a lot lol.
Jan 25, 2023 7:11 PM
Jul 2020
Misuzu ducktaping Tanabe and Carol's mouths was hilarious <3 Starting to liking her

Jun rejecting Tomo-chan hug deserved that beating [*]

Scene on terrace, damn! Tomo has really big atributes! Why then everybody keep saying she is not "girly"?

Probably wont happen but i would be happy if we get more fights Tomo vs 'someone'
Jan 25, 2023 7:19 PM
Dec 2018
Gagarin said:
Part where Carol was crowning herself with "TUTUTUTUTU" was too funny,I didn't expect that. Also I like how "camera" operate to show how Tomo is big girl.
Tochter Zion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9o2M7jHnlE&ab_channel=RalphJoachim
Jan 25, 2023 7:52 PM
Mar 2021
This episode is pretty cute! Tomo try her best to be feminime and Jun try to protect her at all cost 😍
Jan 25, 2023 8:33 PM
Sep 2014
Gagarin said:
Yeah that melody sounded so familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.
Jan 25, 2023 8:46 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Hmmm, those guys were beat up, and Junichi is a bit hurt as well. Maybe if I put two and two together............. yeah no I got nothing.

This show has very rapidly grown on me. It's mostly because of Jundo and Carol, but still, everything about this show slaps. I'm raising it from a B to an A on my season tier list.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 25, 2023 8:50 PM
Nov 2022
I found the episode very entertaining, I liked seeing the friendship between Tomo and Misuzu.

Tomo defending her friends and Junichiro making a "reference" of what Tomo's father did (defending his wife) was also very good.
Jan 25, 2023 8:57 PM
Oct 2021
este anime cada vez se pone mejor
Jan 25, 2023 9:54 PM

Jul 2019
Misuzu and Carol make quite the team. I like how Carol actually have a brain and isn't just a complete airhead. Love her voice as well.

Big fan of Akemi as well. She seems fun.
Jan 25, 2023 10:38 PM

May 2019
Ok Carol isn't (always) an airhead as I thought she originally was as she can figure things out like when Tomo was wondering why Misuzu was upset, Carol knew. Carol and Misuzu make a good team and it's entertaining to watch both of them together.

Meanwhile Tomo stood up to those 2 girls that got hit on and Jun stood up to Tomo. Jun definitely knows Tomo is a girl but for some reason he doesn't like when Tomo acts girly, curious to see who/if anything changes between them.
Jan 25, 2023 10:40 PM

May 2014
Finally Jun's first and real crush is here...

Jan 25, 2023 10:40 PM
Oct 2008
Ramund_Hin_Unge said:
Gagarin said:
Tochter Zion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9o2M7jHnlE&ab_channel=RalphJoachim

Nice! Thank you! Wideo knowledge i see!
Jan 25, 2023 10:41 PM
Oct 2008
holdingnothing said:
Gagarin said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y9o2M7jHnlE&ab_channel=RalphJoachim
Jan 25, 2023 10:43 PM
Sep 2014
Gagarin said:
holdingnothing said:

Might've heard the melody otherwise, but yeah, maybe Carol is much more cultured than we think with knowing that kind of classical music, assuming she grew up somewhat in England
Jan 25, 2023 10:47 PM
Oct 2008
holdingnothing said:
Gagarin said:

Might've heard the melody otherwise, but yeah, maybe Carol is much more cultured than we think with knowing that kind of classical music, assuming she grew up somewhat in England

I don't think she is stupid, just weird. Also studio did good job with making her bombshell while also sympathetic.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2023

330 by EinTheVariance »»
Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Would this show be better without Carol?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 21

35 by GrumbleDango »»
Apr 23, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

177 by Tishi_Wishi »»
Apr 21, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

162 by Aggron »»
Apr 17, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2023

325 by Dreamstobechased »»
Apr 16, 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.