Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 19, 2022 4:27 AM

Nov 2011
This type of episode is the one that Sarasa wasn't expecting, especially in the form of that letter.

A decent show overall but felt like the finael was kinda rushed. At least we know that Sarasa proved herself yet again as a leader and manager of shop, even in this episode.
Dec 19, 2022 4:29 AM

Feb 2014
I actually enjoy this show, given this is animated by ENGI. There goes the CGDCT anime that I look forward to every week...
Dec 19, 2022 4:30 AM

Jul 2017
The regular day at the alchemy shop, and the salamander's offerings brought a heap to Sarasa and her crew.

A letter brought from Sarasa's family through Lorea's father, or rather the Feed Company via its head clerk Leroy calling out to her to inherit the family business since the time of her parents' incident. It's been 7 years, but the incident feels recurring to the alchemist herself, and she definitely needs some time to think about it. Other than being acclimatized with the village and its people, but in facing the truth, Sarasa deciding to take a step out of the village and let the others take care of the shop for a month, they have learned a lot.

It's back to where Sarasa was from, and Leroy's message of the Feed Company in tatters that there's no way to take care of her at the same time, leading to her being dropped at the orphanage while the family business gets back on its feet for this long and enough to be thriving with customers. This is more than enough for Sarasa to be able to take over the family business, and a visit to Master Ophelia's place to talk things out and continue their spar from before.

As expected, without Sarasa, Lorea, Iris and Kate will fall under pressure, and she's more than content to build her own shop rather than continue the family business.

A decent ending, though I find the show a tad mediocre and boring with nothing of significance.
KANLen09Dec 19, 2022 5:41 PM
Dec 19, 2022 4:55 AM

Feb 2020
Nice finale.

I think Sarasa made the right choice by not starting to run her family business.

I'm sure Sarasa will become a great alchemist in the future. I wish her all the best of luck! :)

Overall, this was one of my favorite shows of the season. I'll miss these girls.

SerafosDec 19, 2022 6:16 AM
Dec 19, 2022 5:16 AM

Apr 2010
Shame it's already over i really enjoyed it.
It was nice seeing Sarasa go from having nothing to achieving a lot, she worked really hard for it.
Seeing that her parents store reaching out to her was a bit of a surprise tho, it seems she had something after all still i think the decision she made was the right one.
Her friends where happy for that as well seeing the trouble they had towards the end.
Dec 19, 2022 5:32 AM

Feb 2020
Okay finale, very simple and nothing really stand out tbh, but still an enjoyable one.
6/10.
Dec 19, 2022 5:41 AM

Oct 2007
Satisfied at the ending. Although it felt a bit rushed with how the debt of Iris family had been solved.

Sarasa get invited to run the family business again, but she decline because she already have a business of her own.

hoping this could get a season 2.
Dec 19, 2022 5:53 AM
Nov 2020
The ending felt rushed. The plot line with Iris's family's debt was glossed over in a flash that you could remove that plot line, have the salamander boss fight be like to save the village, and nothing of value would be lost.

I didn't expect her family's company to come back looking for her. How these normally goes is that they go begging her to come back when business is in dire straits. But it's actually the opposite where they wanted to clear the company's debt and bring the company back to its former glory before inviting Sarasa back. The ending is a bit too predictable because things won't be the same anymore if she leaves Yok Village for good, but at least she formed a linkage with her family's company at least so she could continue her family's legacy. Plus her family's shop seems to be in really good hands so it's better to use her talents in a less privileged village.

I will definitely miss these girls and their party. I get that this is a CGDCT show so I doubt Andre and the bois would get more depth, but they've been regular allies in the hunting party that it wouldn't do them justice to treat them like background characters with how many times they appear in the show. I don't know how likely this is to get a season 2 but Banished From The Hero's Party got a season 2 so I would totally be down for one.
Dec 19, 2022 5:59 AM

Mar 2021
This was a nice finale episode even though the ending seemed rushed going to really Miss watching this every week
Dec 19, 2022 6:51 AM

Jun 2016
It’s a pity, of course, that yuri didn’t appear, apparently appear later,
, but everything is great, for me 10 out of 10, you can say a kind of adaptation of the Atelier series.
Dec 19, 2022 7:10 AM
Sep 2021
Sarasa learned about the business life and the importance of it.
I give it 4/10.
Dec 19, 2022 7:29 AM

Apr 2014
It was a fine show. I just kinda missed some depth on the plot, as it felt like it was a compilation of subquests until the end.
Wouldn't mind watching a season 2 of this, as I liked the characters, specially Sarasa's dark side.
Dec 19, 2022 8:25 AM

Apr 2019
And there goes my girls.. i'm gonna miss this so much. This and Bocchi were my gold this season. ENGI! please do a season 2!
Dec 19, 2022 9:03 AM

Feb 2019
Started out really interesting but the show kinda fell off after the midway point. Sarasa and the girls were cute, but idk, it didn’t hook me like other CGDCT shows. I think the finale felt rushed as well. Sarasa made the right choice by not running her family business tho.
Dec 19, 2022 9:49 AM
Jul 2011
she back with the gays
Dec 19, 2022 9:53 AM

Dec 2016
It felt like a huge cop-out not seeing Sarasa delivering the salamander goods and also not seeing their collector dropping their jaw at what he mostly expected to get Iris' hand.

I know they tried to make an epilogue finale, but good god, it was so damn boring and slow. If I had a dollar for every time a protagonist feels down and doubtful about his/her near future in the last stretch of the series I'd be rich by now. This sort of narrative is incredibly common and the writers don't even bother tweaking it a bit, not to mention there was no doubt that Sarasa would reject the offer anyways.

Meh, I guess I'll give the show a 4.5/10 after all.
Dec 19, 2022 10:20 AM

May 2019
I enjoyed watching this on Mondays and will miss it. I felt that the ending had good closure with Sarasa walking around Yok village while she contemplated on what to do, then later on visiting the Feed store to see how they were doing, and finally talking with Ophelia. Ophelia I felt was not only a great teacher but a mother figure to Sarasa who looked out for her throughout the show and at the end here advised Sarasa to make a decision that would also consider her own happiness.

I noticed how much the girls (Lorea, Iris, and Kate) respect and like Sarasa (especially Lorea) and I think that helped Sarasa make her decision. I liked the character and environment designs and the bits of action sprinkled throughout. I didn't really have any dislikes other than at times the show would get a little slow. Overall I give this a 8/10 and I would welcome a season 2 and/or an OVA.
Dec 19, 2022 1:19 PM

Sep 2018
It was alright overall, pretty bog standard CGDCT fantasy/slice of life. 6/10. The only standout feature that I'll remember was the MCs sometimes twisted personality lol
Dec 19, 2022 1:24 PM

Sep 2020
Decent ending, overall it's like a 8.5 for me, it's good but not that memorable.
Dec 19, 2022 1:58 PM
Dec 2020
Looking at the "Labor costs" at the end, they haven't increased in the slightest since she hired Lorea. Poor Lorea didn't even get a bonus, let alone a raise, despite her working three jobs around the company, AND shouldering the responsibility of running the entire shop for an entire month. Sarasa basically dumped her own job on Lorea, and didn't even compensate her fairly. It's official, Sarasa is running a Black Company.
Dec 19, 2022 3:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This didn’t feel like much of a finale but it was a good episode. It was interesting seeing Lorea, Iris and Kate manage the shop on their own so long without Sarasa being there, they did pretty good right up until Sarasa came home when they were being swamped with people, I’m glad she showed up right on time to help but I feel bad that she had to get to work right upon walking in the door lol, it was a nice reunion tho, Lorea definitely missed her the most from the looks of those tears lol. And I figured Sarasa would end up making some kind of collaboration deal with the Feed Company, just seemed like the most logical option for the way she was feeling about the decision.

This was a nice little fantasy SoL to add to the list, it’s no “RPG Real Estate” for me but it was a fun time. I enjoyed the merry gang that was Sarasa, Lorea, Iris and Kate, they were a nice group of gals that really sold that this was a CGDCT show. It also had a bit of action thrown in which makes sense for a show about alchemy, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the hellflame grizzlies attack from earlier in the show but I did find myself enjoying the Salamander battle near the end. The point I enjoyed the most tho was the SoL for sure, I did like the focus on the management of the shop as well as the alchemy itself, though I think it could have been done a bit better it was still interesting enough. Another thing I wasn’t a very big fan of was Sarasa being overpowered, it just felt kinda out of place for a show like this, it made for some good scenes like the Salamander battle but seeing flashy fights wasn’t really what I watched this for lol.

The OP and ED were also nice songs that were fitting for a CGDCT show, it was a shame we didn’t get the ED a whole lot but the OP was always there and it was pretty catchy lol. I’d definitely watch another season of this in the future, it was a fun little time.
Dec 19, 2022 5:22 PM

Sep 2020
Sarasa's finally the black, Lorea is continuing to grow and Iris/Kate are on the right track to pay off their debt; I liked how it ended on a positive note.
Now Sarasa just needs an apprentice herself, for what is an alchemist without a disciple?
Dec 19, 2022 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
I wasn't expecting this anime to be as comfy as it was, it will be sorely missed.
Dec 19, 2022 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Thank god this is over. I was three episodes behind and it was like pulling teeth. Literally the same thing over and over.

Thought we would get more development with Iris and Kate...but no...just Sarasa being op.

5/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 19, 2022 5:41 PM

Jun 2020
Every episode up until this was fantastic, this episode was very bland. Nothing had time to develop. Sarasa's parents shop is thriving again, after many long years of battle after losing the two owners, and over half of their supplies. The Manager of Sarasa's parents shop wants Sarasa to take over the business. Sarasa goes through an internal conflict; on whether or not she should take over her parents business and give up her own business, or keep her business, and not take over her parents business.

The emotion each episode usually had vanished for this episode, because the pacing was too fast.

I get that it's a season ending episode, but it doesn't need to complete six different situations at once. The series as a whole is a great watch, this episode just made me feel like I waited for nothing.

Want a anime song playlist?
Check this one out.

Want to learn how to edit your text?
Here's the BBcode guide.
Dec 19, 2022 6:29 PM
Mar 2021
Goodbye CGDCT I’ll miss you
Dec 19, 2022 9:22 PM

Jul 2016
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. I give it a 7/10 for 3 or 4 chapters that I liked.
Dec 19, 2022 9:39 PM
Jan 2015
Well, ending was as cliche as it gets.
Overall reasonable show, not great and not terrible.
Dec 19, 2022 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
This show was disappointing, it started out promising but never recaptured the charm of the first episode.

It could've been a lot more interesting if we had seen more of the coolest character.

I'm sorry but some parts were so cringe that I actually laughed out loud 😭

This actually kind of hit me in the feels, though

Wait, she has eyes!?
removed-userDec 19, 2022 10:05 PM
Dec 19, 2022 10:29 PM

Feb 2019
for a finale episode, it was pretty...well, nothing too climactic, so to me it felt like just a filler episode. it was a good show though.
Dec 19, 2022 11:09 PM
Jan 2021
Decent relaxing anime, the girls were all fun. Hope we get a season 2.
Dec 20, 2022 1:55 AM

Mar 2008
Really liked it, super atelier vibe. Would definitely watch a second season.
Dec 20, 2022 7:57 AM

Jan 2021
tetrix1993 said:
I actually enjoy this show, given this is animated by ENGI. There goes the CGDCT anime that I look forward to every week...

I enjoyed it too. Yes, it is not a masterpiece, but i think it deserves to be on the 7-7.5 scale rather than where it is now...
Dec 20, 2022 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
And let me get this straight...

So... I thought Sarasa's parent's shop was closed or something since they send Sarasa off to an Orphanage... Especially since during the Orphanage phase, Sarasa keeps on saying she wants to open up a shop like her parents, making it sound like the shop was gone.

But nope, the business is still there and the reason is cause the company doesn't want Sarasa to look at the bad state the company is in... cause they lost supplies from Bandits... ok... so apparently this world also have no insurance system in place and people just blames the Merchants if the merchants gets attacked by Bandits and not the Bandits... ok... nice world there...

So... meaning Sarasa could have taken over her parents shop a long time ago and didn't need the village shop. (but that would mean this whole series won't be here, lol)

___ ___ ___

Tho, she could technically just work both? work primary at the village and visit her parent's shop from time-to-time to supply products and such. Just hire more people like Lorea, Iris and Kate to work for you at the parent's shop. (actually, in fact... the company has tons of employees still there working...) (literally like the shaddy Dilly company? that have shops in multiple places?)

But we have to go through her "emotional feelings" as she re-visits the village places.

Then Sarasa decide to go visit the Feed Company while leaving the other girls to watch the shop. Hmm... we going for a full Loop of Sarasa's parent leaving the shop and having Sarasa to watch the shop. Except this time Sarasa is OP AF and won't be taken by stupid bandits, LOL.

Also.... Maria's Eye stares through your Souls. O_O

Meanwhile the Master do "sword fights" to "clear head"...

But it looks like Sarasa decide to stay in the village shop and return just in time as the other girls were about to get overwhelmed by demand.

___ ___ ___

Overall, interesting series, but too much CORPA in it.

I would have enjoy it a lot more if it has more adventure or slice-of-life, or even similar setting as "Isekai Yakkyoku" (just replace the evil villain with monsters, lol)
amlgDec 20, 2022 2:48 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 20, 2022 3:28 PM

Jun 2019
My 210th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Dec 21, 2022 12:47 AM
Feb 2021
At first, I wasn't keen on watching this SoL is set in a fantasy world of swords and magic seeing how I'm not easy to pleased with this kind of setup. BUT! I didn't expect myself to end up loving this anime adaptation with its animation quality being of "good enough" level.

Watching the main protagonist and her female companions' journey in making their business shop prosper as much as they can somehow warmed my heart. I felt more warmth when I watch the healthy relationship formed between the girls and most of the adults in this series in achieving their goal of prospering their hometown.

If this gets a season renewal, I'm keen on watching it, but to be honest, the finale feels like a complete ending despite the ongoing LN story. So it would be my best interest if the same production staff take their time slowly so that they're able to input the same good animation quality given the anime studio needs more careful planning in prioritising animation quality foremost.
Dec 21, 2022 12:46 PM

Jun 2016
"Cute girls doing cute things" (sometimes the things are not so cute... XD) always works for me, the character design and animation are good, the story is interesting for a SoL, I don't know if we will ever see a S2 but in case I'll watch it.
Dec 21, 2022 3:14 PM

Jun 2015
They squeepigs had been semi subbed calmed since shadow, had been reactivated since mob, and continued the squeepig collapse. And we also had calm in the squeeiverse thanks to such a wholesome ending iin Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei, a great show. But then then heard about California Assembly Bill 3121 and there rooting has intensified as they require at least 250k each before they stop rooting! All we can wish for now is a hero. Squeepig 7.789
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 21, 2022 3:25 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course she wouldn't leave her current shop, a collaboration between both is a good choice, anyway that's a decent ending for that decent anime.
Dec 22, 2022 12:47 AM
May 2022
Decent ending, idk because it feel like episode 12 is a filler, really love the mc, good animation, cute girl doing cute things (scary things too). nice op and ed

Really hope that the the last episode will be Sarasa revenge her parents, but ig anticlimax ending is fine too.

solid 8/10
Dec 24, 2022 3:45 PM

Jul 2015
Nice to see the old family business doing well and even more on Sarasa making the (obvious) choice to keep working in her own shop. Overall simple wholesome series but nothing outstanding.

Dec 29, 2022 12:39 PM

Jan 2008
As someone who very much likes the Atelier games, this was a pretty enjoyable show as it was basically just an animated Atelier game. If anyone wanted more of something like this anime, I'd suggest trying out the Atelier games such as Ryza.

If there's one thing I really have to nitpick about, it's how Sarasa basically already had solutions to all the problems and she was so strong that it just made every other character feel kind of useless. The other girls kind of just felt like they were added to fill the cute girl squad quota.

Though I will say I will probably completely forget about this show after a week or so.
Dec 29, 2022 10:39 PM

Aug 2014
Will this show have a 2nd season? Can't wait to know the next story
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 30, 2022 7:59 PM
Dec 2016
Wow, Maria finally opened her eyes!
Dec 31, 2022 8:26 AM

Feb 2021
So in the end, Sarasa chooses to work on her own rather than continue working with her parent business.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 24, 2023 7:01 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, I have mixed feelings, it started enjoyable.. the 1st half was enjoyable, but then these last 3 to 4 episodes were very okay-ish and kinda of boring. 

At first, I was planning 7/10, but now I am feeling like 6/10. Would give 6.5 if possible.

It´s cute... but... I wish it had something more to keep me more entertained up until the end. 
Maybe a bit more of alchemy? (for example.. the ice Zubats arc were on point; then they created that cold hat which was curious and I enjoyed).
Curiously, it´s not just about Alchemy despite the name of the anime, there is magic/mana... even sword.. xD Warlock xD 

Anyway...

Lorea is lovely by the way. 
TechOtakuJan 24, 2023 7:13 PM
Jan 25, 2023 11:00 PM

Apr 2011
Forgot Sarasa have a company run by their parents and I'm surprise its still alive and decided to contact her telling her to come back.
Thought I already feel that she'll refuse. The hardwork she's given to her shop, the effort of creating profits, and memories of meeting new friends...
I can see Lorea holding her feelings back, hiding it by always giving a smile.

Its a good wholesome anime that feels like an atelier anime. I like that its wholesome and laidback. Sarasa is surprisingly more capable girl than the way she looks. 
I like this type of genre but I felt there should be more. 

Anyway, it was fun to watch and reminds me of atelier games. Gonna play some atelier games when I get the time.
Mar 9, 2023 10:17 AM
Dec 2022
Not like really good, but fun to watch when you have nothing to do.
May 22, 2023 8:48 AM

Aug 2015
I really enjoyed the show. I binge-watched it over the weekend. I can see where the comparisons to the Atelier games can apply. 
I really don't mind that Sarasa is OP A.F. I think the incongruity is amusing. I would have liked to see more of the alchemy, rather than the obligatory Big Bad Boss Battle, as well as more of a focus on managing the debt, but it was still a lot of fun.
I look forward to Ryza coming out soon.
Nov 30, 2023 3:36 AM

Jun 2010
Half a month each way?! How far away is the capital and how big the country?! Especially with her super speed.

Her master's assistant has interesting eyes! beautiful

Why not just let these people continue to run it day-to-day while she runs her shop? It's not like she has to be there to call the most important shots.

Happy she stayed on in the village in the end though. Nice ending to a pretty cute series. Too bad we didn't get a season 02. Love this type of relaxing and fun series set in a fantasy world.

Cute fun characters. Loved the cute elf girl (Kate), cute blue hair (Iris) as well.Going to make two men very lucky and happy some day Hell what am I saying.. make that 4 men.. all four girls are top tier waifus. lol :D

Kate's mom was a total MILF. By the way, was i the only one who got the feeling that her mom and Iris's dad were a couple now? I know I ship them and they work so well together.. not to mention always hanging out like their daughters. When you add the fact that their daughters already grew up like sisters.. well yeah.

Was sad about her parents.. What is it with the trope of killing of a parent or parents always? Between that and these types of shows never allowing boyfriend interests, even just the usual implied ones, kind of drives me nuts.

One of my only questions about the world is why there was an all girls alchemy school with male testers.. I mean we even see a male alchemist shop keeper so it's not limited to females.

Overall 8.5/10

I'll miss the series and girls!

James_xenoNov 30, 2023 3:42 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This is very good! A hidden gem!

RjtheGreat14 - Mar 3

11 by JadeHoxen »»
Mar 6, 8:40 PM

» I Can't Wait To Watch Full Moe Alchemist

Roderick24_ - Sep 12, 2022

7 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Mar 3, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2022

24 by TMSH_Aku »»
Jan 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2022

38 by Garrett_Dark »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:53 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2022

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Dec 20, 2023 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.