Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2022 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, a pandemic problem...and honestly, it appears Falma may be the town's only hope.

What an episode though as Falma took on perhaps his toughest challenge yet. I mean, seriously, the amount of mental stress he had to overcome this was on another level.
Sep 4, 2022 6:04 AM

Feb 2018
Bruno receives news from Pare, the eldest son of the de Medicis family, that an epidemic strange disease has broken out on the Nedale, a neighbour of the imperial capital, and has wiped out all the inhabitants. While there is a hint of anxiety about the forthcoming Saint-Fleuve market in the imperial capital, a certain disease name comes to mind in Farma's mind when he hears of the characteristic symptoms seen in patients with the strange disease...

Death and discolouration of limbs. This is about plague bacterium. An effective antimicrobial against the black death pathogen. And with this anime starting to enter the fight against infectious disease outbreaks.

Sep 4, 2022 6:35 AM

Apr 2010
So the plague is spreading, when i saw the black fingers i already had my suspicion that it was that but there are other things that might cause that, like frostbite.
But it seems they pinpointed the problem now the problem is trying to solve it.
And judging from the cliffhanger some undead creep might make that a lot harder, let's just see how it goes tho.
Sep 4, 2022 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
ohhhh.... F It's a deadly Black Plague. This will definitely be a tough moment for everyone, especially for Farma.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 4, 2022 7:52 AM

Apr 2022
9th episode of Isekai Yakkyoku, starring the bubonic plague, and a new undead looking half a face and eye missing... antagonist! Harvey Dent, look out, there's a new two-face in town.
Sep 4, 2022 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
Yeowch, the darkness is really at play now indicting karma with an old friend (Camus) on Bruno. A bit of a timeskip from the manga version of the LN.

The older brother Palle's return from the Novalout College of Medicine (presumably the fantasy world's best medicinal institute). But first, an epidemic that struck a neighbourhood country to dissolve that's causing a ruckus, and this disease is known even in the real world: Yersinia pestis, or plague caused by rodents carrying harmful bacteria from fleas that has cast a dark history on Earth in its time.

Both the Parallel World Pharmacy and its Compounding Pharmacy Guild continue to make waves, though there'll be dissidents doubting his power that's regarded as being "possessed" by the medicine god Panactheos, better keep them at bay fo the prosperity of the Saint Fleuve Empire.

The Black Death as its known in their world, this calls for extreme measures since an outbreak could spell the doom of the Empire. And Farma has developed medicine ready to counter this plague ahead of time, and working with the higher-ups to ensure that the pandemic is thoroughly controlled, kinda like now in the COVID season, with Pierre overlooking the partner pharmacy.

People like Farma is a luxury that the Empire could have, and it would be best not to squander all the effort that he has done thus far. With that, Marseirre is the target location to contain the epidemic, and with Eleonore, Farma is ready even with all the stress putting him down.

There's but one problem: the story of the wicked man that is Camus, he's the epicenter coming back for vengeance.
Sep 4, 2022 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
Protect this adorable moe blob!

Btw, imagine this episode coming out in 2020 LMAO
PiromyslSep 4, 2022 8:35 AM

Sep 4, 2022 8:36 AM

Mar 2021
So the black death is on its way, thankfully Farma has already created a medicine for it and set up preventative measure to combat it
Sep 4, 2022 8:44 AM

Sep 2021
Nice touch implementing real world history into the fantasy setting
Sep 4, 2022 8:53 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Bruno had a bad dream about a person he used to know, Camus-A person who used to commit gruesome human experiments...
Falma's father asks him to come to his office later.
Seems the capital is taking part in a fair.
His father tells him to be cautious as due to transportation of potentially contaminated products, a deadly disease could occur...
It happened before...
Farma receives a message from the carrier pigeon of the sketch from the microscope he asked for and it isn't good news!
It's the black death!
His father understands its severity...
But Falma tells him that he has made a new medicine to combat it!
He and his father head to the palace and it seems the empress is going to take countermeasures! She trusts them fully which was nice to hear.
Falma has made sure the pharmacist will give treatment to those who have the plague for free.
Everyone believes in Falma.
IKOU ZE FALMA!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 4, 2022 9:05 AM
Apr 2021
This was a very great episode tbh, I liked how instead of the typical Isekai trope where the MC is confident & think they can solve whatever problem they face, we have Farma who’s scared about dealing with the Black Plague bc in his old world (or our world you could say) is pretty much gone expect for a couple cases here and there. Plus it was nice to see that the Queen has expected that something possessed Farma nice little touch there👀
Sep 4, 2022 9:15 AM
Sep 2015
I think about how a person just died from this disease 2 years ago, yes, just 2 years ago, in a modern medicine world, despite the history of human fighting with this disease more than a thousand years.

But I believe Farma might provide more survive rate than modern day, because the key is to take that anti-biotics as soon as possible, and since Farma knows this disease is coming he won't hesitate to prescribe that drug, while in our real world the case is so rare that most doctors won't list this disease in their differential diagnosis.
Sep 4, 2022 10:00 AM

Jan 2022
I absolutely loved this episode and how accurate it was in terms of the bacteria, its drawing, symptoms, and the medicine that cures the black death. We also know where and who it came from, I wonder what role the guy will have. Crazy that the dad dreamt of the guy who has it. It makes me happy that the queen is quick to act with it comes to Farma's recommendations. Also as a biologist, I appreciate that Farma took the time to explain a microscope and the type of lens it has.
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 4, 2022 10:44 AM
Apr 2022
It's kind of difficult to get worked up over a Black Death plotline. It was bad in our world because no one knew how it worked and they didn't have antibiotics in the 1600's. I sat through all the 'horrible death rate' and such stuff thinking, 'but he knows how to cure it.'
Of course, the post-credits scene suggests this'll be a more magical plague... Still hard to get that excited.
Sep 4, 2022 11:32 AM
Dec 2021
They kinda skipped a lot. I never thought we’d be here this fast
Sep 4, 2022 11:34 AM

Feb 2019
Ah pandemics. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Glad farma was able to get the capital prepared for an outbreak. It’s nice seeing such a competent leader in the empress as well.

Awesome seeing Pierre with a job and happy doing what he loves to do.

Based on the opening and ending scene it seems like the plague will have a magical explanation and it’s an old friend from Bruno’s past. This should be interesting

Can’t get over how gorgeous the empress is
Marinate1016Sep 4, 2022 11:43 AM
Sep 4, 2022 12:44 PM
Jan 2019
i loeve this anime !
Sep 4, 2022 2:28 PM
Nov 2021
Episode wasnt that great. I dont like that the empress is subservient to Farma and that the next issue is the bubonic plague. I dont like that the anime just glosses over the fact that the black plague is virtually a pandemic we dont know exactly what it was and its just an assumption that it was a bubonic plague, although symptoms would support the fact. However, I didnt like how they didnt go over that at all and they simply randomly chose an antibiotic that is modernly used for bubonic infections. I wish the anime had gone more into detail about this rather than create suspense of a heretic and moderate actions like quarantining the vessels that will dock on the mainland and going around killing fleas and rats. I think attempting to find fleas and rats would increase your chances of getting bubonic plague short term and Im skeptical that it would help long term either.
Sep 4, 2022 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
bubonic plague ends in 1352, Farma dad says its been 210 years. that means this anime set on 1562. irl House of Medici also on that timespan so this anime set on Italy and when they referring neighboring Island that under Marseille territory probably they referring French Mediterranean island
Sep 4, 2022 4:34 PM

Sep 2020
Seem like the most biggest chapter is coming up, he will have to deal with a terrifying disease that he learned from the books of original world.
Sep 4, 2022 4:44 PM

Jan 2020
Another solid episode. Farma’s toughest test yet
Sep 4, 2022 6:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Black Death has shown itself, and a plague is on the horizon, giving the next episode’s title I’m guessing the hopefulness we saw in this episode will be turned upside down lol, and all the things Farma and the Empress are doing are kinda reminiscent of what we went through just two years ago, but of course this is an exponentially more deadly disease so it’s way more dire here.

Honestly having an arc for Black Death was a really good idea for a series like this, but I think it should be more of a final boss than a first major arc, but still really cool to see, and the Deadhead villain we saw at the end is cool as hell too, I’m excited for what’s to come.

And once again the crunchyroll comment section is a battlefield of lunacy lol.
Sep 4, 2022 9:03 PM

Nov 2012
The end was nightmarish.
Camu seems to be rotting away both figuratively and literally.
Sep 4, 2022 9:58 PM
Apr 2018
They sure decided to skip a lot to reach the plague arc.
Sep 4, 2022 10:29 PM
Jul 2021
uhhhhh isn't it he should be meet his big brother first and do magic duel ? then asking his father about finding special moss to encounter the black plaque as fast possible ?

heck this is 2 episode skip
RedCobra75Sep 4, 2022 10:37 PM
Sep 4, 2022 11:06 PM

Feb 2021
Oof, Black plague pandemic. Pretty cool how they add real life diseases into the anime which creates a sort of realness to the situation. Seems like that Camus guy is the cause of the black plague, maybe we'll be seeing him in the next episode?
Sep 4, 2022 11:35 PM

Mar 2008
I’m surprised I recognized the symptoms for something I barely learned about.

Triggerfish124 said:
Episode wasnt that great. I dont like that the empress is subservient to Farma and that the next issue is the bubonic plague. I dont like that the anime just glosses over the fact that the black plague is virtually a pandemic we dont know exactly what it was and its just an assumption that it was a bubonic plague, although symptoms would support the fact. However, I didnt like how they didnt go over that at all and they simply randomly chose an antibiotic that is modernly used for bubonic infections. I wish the anime had gone more into detail about this rather than create suspense of a heretic and moderate actions like quarantining the vessels that will dock on the mainland and going around killing fleas and rats. I think attempting to find fleas and rats would increase your chances of getting bubonic plague short term and Im skeptical that it would help long term either.

Most recent theory is it was the bubonic plague spread by great gerbils rather than black rats. Something to do with their reproductive patterns matching up to the timeline.

The Soviet Union did just that. Attempted to kill off the gerbil population. Didnt work
https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1817339116
Sep 5, 2022 1:50 AM
Nov 2021
traed said:
I’m surprised I recognized the symptoms for something I barely learned about.

Triggerfish124 said:

Most recent theory is it was the bubonic plague spread by great gerbils rather than black rats. Something to do with their reproductive patterns matching up to the timeline.

The Soviet Union did just that. Attempted to kill off the gerbil population. Didnt work
https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1817339116

Ig gerbil infestations are no fun
Sep 5, 2022 2:23 AM

Feb 2011
as soon as the episode said an island had been killed off, i expected the plague and i was right.

This anime is getting boring though.
-problem
-SON WE CANT DO ANYTHING
-dont worry dad i fixed it already
-OH WOW SUGOI
-*giggle*

there's next to no action either in this. Just disappointing overall.

2/5

Sep 5, 2022 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
As expected, they skipped few things.

A bit unfortunate, if they did not skipped it Falma's invention of microscope and how he procured enough material to produced those antibiotics would make it more plausible

Sep 5, 2022 4:54 AM
Dec 2021
that skull head in the end makes the next ep interesting
Sep 5, 2022 10:15 AM
Jun 2019
Yersinia pestis, becareful
Sep 5, 2022 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
The infamous Black Death has risen and it'll prove a big challenge to Farma in order to keep the citizens as safe as possible. It's also bad timing for that to happen when the kingdom itself will be hosting a one-month event which has people the world over to visit and celebrate.

The precautions that Farma went was to notch and it does feel very reminiscent to what the world had to deal with back in 2020 when Covid was running rampant. Either way, with the approval from the empress herself, Farma can go into action.

The first scene of the episode, as well as the post-credit scene, does show the psychotic man who might be responsible for all of this and know him, he'll have to be taken out for good when the opportunity arises. Here's hoping that it'll happen soon...
Sep 5, 2022 12:15 PM

Nov 2021
Woah I can't believe Camus is voiced by Nakai, Kazuya (aka zoro)! I had no idea his VA had the range to do a villain!!! ^^

Sep 5, 2022 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
Edgy plaguy guy is the antagonist of the story?
Sep 5, 2022 9:27 PM

Feb 2021
Damn this episode was pretty good, that opening scene was insane.

So this was basically setting up for the final arc/villain, and of course it's the black plague lol.
Sep 6, 2022 3:04 AM

Jun 2019
I knew it was going to be a fluoroquinolone-class antibiotic (Levofloxacin - brand name Levaquin) once Farma started talking about a medication indeed existing that could be used for Bubonic plague, since the second generation of quinolone ABX with the fluorine atom added since the early 1980s are classically (although this is changing) held up for broad-spectrum indications owing to deep tissue and CNS penetration, and especially Levo and the other most commonly prescribed variant annually in this class in the U.S. (Ciprofloxacin/Cipro) is still recommended for the most extreme and severe bacterial infections like the actual Bubonic plague in the modern age as well as anthrax. Even so they're actually seldom used for such in the developed world and there's actually a great deal of controversy over these medications. More commonly they're over-prescribed for UTIs and non-bacterial prostatitis in males, uncomplicated bronchitis and upper respiratory infections by urologists, pulmonologists, and GPs, respectively.

In any event...
WatchTillTandavaSep 6, 2022 3:08 AM
Sep 6, 2022 3:25 AM

Dec 2016
Scootboi said:
as soon as the episode said an island had been killed off, i expected the plague and i was right.

This anime is getting boring though.
-problem
-SON WE CANT DO ANYTHING
-dont worry dad i fixed it already
-OH WOW SUGOI
-*giggle*

there's next to no action either in this. Just disappointing overall.

2/5

Pretty much. These type of isekai stories have no narrative tension because the MC solves the problem before it even has a chance to develop.

They could easily fix this by creating some kind of obstacle that he needs to overcome in order to synthesize the drug--but nope, he already has 1.5 million doses ready to infuse into every living thing on the continent by the 5 minute mark of the episode.

What's really ironic about taking the show in this direction is that the black death actually increased economic and class prosperity due to the significant reduction in population over a short period of time. This caused a more equal and broad distribution of wealth for many years. Sure, it may have helped to further destabilize already volatile political entities, such as the Mongol empire; but in general it failed to single-handedly cause any kind of lasting political upheaval.

Saving millions of people is of course a good thing. But it is worth considering that, in the long run, the commoner survivors of a plague would probably come out better off than they are under the current aristocratic rule.
Sep 6, 2022 5:03 AM
Jun 2021
I love how this episode introduces the bubonic plague and how Farma is worried he won't be of much help as for us (and Farma's old life) the plague is only known from history and the few cases that pop up now and again. I hope the anime is able to find a solution
Sep 6, 2022 5:04 AM

Oct 2008
Antibiotics!? and looks like Farma is the only one who could make it...damn looks like everyone is in Farma's mercy, if without him, this realm is doomed!
5/5.
i know Camus, he is the partner of Johannes Krauser II and the drummer and the bassist is Jagi-sama from DMC...and i'm not talking about Devil May Cry..it's Detroit Metal City...lolz gomenasorry cuz that's the first thing that i thought of when i heard the name 'Camus"
matias067Sep 6, 2022 5:09 AM

Sep 6, 2022 6:00 AM
Mar 2022
Seeing the Black Death suddenly get a major plot point honestly put me on the edge for what is to come; especially something so extremely dangerous that it could destroy MILF's Empire.
Sep 6, 2022 9:19 PM
Jul 2016
isekai should be like this
Sep 7, 2022 2:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Uhh, Black Plague, that's some really serious stuff, Farma prepared everyone and they have better knowledge thanks to him but I don't think it will be sufficient, they'll need a lockdown at some point I guess... though why is there a villain lol is he the one spreading the diseases? xD
Sep 7, 2022 6:09 AM

Jun 2016
Farma to the rescue. Damn, Empress Elizabeth is so fucking beautiful.
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Sep 8, 2022 3:13 PM

Aug 2018
The Saint Fleuve Fair.
They are going to have an important event, but the thing is that there is a strange outbreak with which several people are dying. And Farma's father is worried. Farma found out that that's the black plague. He made a drug to fight it and get it under control. But Farma goes to the place where it all originated, Marseirre.
To see what happens in that place because there is a strange person there, could it be that person that Farma's father was dreaming about? Hmm.

Sep 8, 2022 5:46 PM
May 2016
I'll tell you something that's killing more than the black plague in this episode.. those scenes with the Queen, like DAMN she's fine 🔥😍
Sep 8, 2022 6:48 PM

May 2019
Good episode and yes Empress Elizabeth is very beautiful. Looks like the bad guy, Camus, has come back (from the dead?) and is probably the source of the black plague.

It's a shame to hear that the anime has skipped over several chapters from the manga but it looks like they want to wrap up the main plot points before the end of the season.
Sep 10, 2022 10:37 AM

Oct 2016
This is to the most part a chill slice of life isekai with lots of little sisters like characters, normally I would like a show like this but for some reason I don't. Well, just a few episodes left.
Sep 11, 2022 7:45 AM

May 2020
First it was white death. Now it is black death. Oho, they showed the "scary" big brother. Finally, it's getting serious.
Tsuyo_MikaSep 11, 2022 7:49 AM
Sep 13, 2022 4:59 AM
Aug 2022
Being a medical student... perfect rendition delivered
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2022

55 by DIVYANIME »»
Mar 22, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2022

152 by _KiieL »»
Mar 12, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2022

74 by samot-frt »»
Feb 9, 5:12 PM

» Is there any romance in this one

HatTrkPatrk - Jul 11, 2022

7 by Sugram22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:05 AM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2022

119 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 30, 2023 6:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.