Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 25, 2022 4:29 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, dealing with a case of extreme weather didn't look pretty. For Yuuji, at least he knows how to survive under harsh conditions now and had some decent food. Those slime friends of his also had too much fun if you ask me.

I'm not sure how to feel about Dryad in this anime so far, feels like they could develop her character more...

Jul 25, 2022 5:25 AM

Apr 2014
5 tonnes of firewood per day is a lot. They will cut down all of the trees at this rate.
Yuuji really loves deforestation. This episode was something like watching him continuously destroying the forest. Ironically, he is dryad's best friend. 🤣
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 25, 2022 5:38 AM
Jun 2022
mau baca tapi nggak pinter bahasa Inggris 😶
Jul 25, 2022 5:53 AM
May 2022
One of the worst isekai anime so far
Jul 25, 2022 6:10 AM

Jan 2017
wow the mc is cutting trees for 20 minutes, and eating twice in the remaining few, such an interesting episode
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Jul 25, 2022 6:16 AM
Jul 2014
Someone spilled some Food Wars in my fantasy isekai...
Jul 25, 2022 6:31 AM

Aug 2020
idk why i continued watching this far, im so bored lool

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 25, 2022 6:40 AM

May 2021
A dryad's friend committing deforestation like that lol. The prelude to global warming in this world.

Jul 25, 2022 7:29 AM

Jun 2021
This week of Food Wars: Isekai edition was alright, but the slimes were great lol. At this point, I’m just tuning in for the slimes anyways. Proud Wolf is cool too and Dryad is a waifu (she needs more screen time). Yuji is fine. Kind of your standard isekai protagonist. As for the plot, I don’t really know if there is much of one beyond Yuji kinda sorta investigating these magical stones.

But anyways, anyone else think the animation this week looked sorta off? Idk it just seems kind of shoddy in some areas. Maybe they blew their budget already lol. I know I’m kinda shitting on this show, but I do actually enjoy it for what it is.

I’m guessing that door leads to some underground base for those cultists or something. Either way, I guess next week might get a little more action packed.
Jul 25, 2022 7:34 AM
Sep 2015
Yuji cut down trees so much I'd call his action "deforestation". He should do investigation before cutting down those trees.
Jul 25, 2022 8:08 AM

Jul 2017
A cold region that calls for heat protection towards the ice-cold town of Ricaardo, and Yuji...finds some delicious food there.

The Tiger's Flame Pavillion that is a restaurant, but because of the blazing cold, has lack of firewood. And Yuji taking it upon himself to cut down some trees...maybe TOO MUCH to do an actual deforestation work. And with the help of his slimes, Yuji's able to procure lots of firewood (in the right condition) to concoct a meal. The extent of Yuji's needlessly OP powers needn't be this way, but yelp. Of course, the rip-off of Food Wars: Isekai edition is decent.

And since the entire town and regions next to it is in dire need of firewood, doing a quest of its kind is imminent...pretty much the continuation of his deforestation habit from before to help those in need. It's over-excessive for someone like a caliber of Yuji's, but when the reward is handed handsomely, who can complain. And when monsters threatens the livelihood of its townfolk, Yuji can handle them easily.

The topic of the magic stones is back, and the mystery deepens for the sanitized ones being able to become a source of tool to become cursed stones. This is definitely the Blue Moon of Salvation cult back at it again with its antics, and Yuji definitely uncovered a secret underground base...of food?

Yuji's thinking antics sure has my head scratching of his thought process...
Jul 25, 2022 8:40 AM

Nov 2017
the mc in this episode be like "i will do anything, for the food"
Jul 25, 2022 9:49 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Yuji makes an insulation barrier to keep him and everyone travelling warm. There really is magic got anything!
Slime moisture absorb was useful!
Seems Yuji wants to try some food in this new area...
And he uses the slimes to re moisturise the wood to a perfect firewood moisturisation level (is this even a word??!). Anyways, let's just say he made the wood the perfect moistness.
As a reward for giving the firewood, he gets some free food??! Yuji is now an expert food critic!!! Yuji decides to help the whole town get firewood! He goes to the guild and accepts a mission to collect firewood.
One axe swing and all the trees are cut down!
'WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!' A very justified reaction from the non OP people.

YUJI'S SLIMES ARE SO CUTE AND HELPFUL! SUGOKU KAWAII NANO DESU! NIPAH!

Yuji gets more food as a reward and he thinks it is a 'dish fit for the Gods!'
Seems that isn't the old mans best food.
He needs better herbs in order to make better food. How coincidental of a request considering Yuji will be able to collect them in seconds xD.
The frost is caused by a magic absorbing stone... Yuji tries to purify it and...
It works! He asks his slimes to spread out and find any more if they can which they find 108 more in a perfect circle! What is at the centre...
Something is wrong with the forest...
Yuji decides to destroy the forst with hellfire of demise!
He finds an entrance that leads to...somewhere.
He needs one reason to save that frosted place.
'They have got good food!'

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDJul 25, 2022 10:05 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 25, 2022 10:21 AM
Jul 2022
They should change the title to “ The World’s Strongest Tamer is a Pushover”
Jul 25, 2022 10:28 AM
Jun 2019
Deforestation is a real problem btw.

The dude should've at least cut down the trees for firewood in the radius of his explosion before just burning to ash.

It also seems that his magic is just anything that he needs at the time.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 25, 2022 11:47 AM

Jun 2015
I hope Yuuji has dryad grow some new trees after this event given he seems to of cut down half a forest so far. Still, if he sorts out this snow problem heating shouldn't be an issue anymore!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 25, 2022 12:04 PM
Nov 2018
AkeZZZ said:
5 tonnes of firewood per day is a lot. They will cut down all of the trees at this rate.

Well, you see, when people are about to die from cold and hunger all they really care about is that the firewood they use to stave off their demise is cut to standard size and shape. And don't you forget about humidity, too dry or too moist and they rather die than disgrace themselves with using substandard product.

So, let's consider standard 0.5 meters thick 10 meters long log. It is about 2 cubic meters of wood. With typical density of wood in range of 500-650 kilos per m^3 it weights about a ton. So, all he had to do is cut 5 trees. It would be enough for entire town for entire day. Amazing!

The author is dumb and never seen firewood in his life.

"We had to use all of our firewood for heating and none left to cook with" - because food absorbs entirety of heat from firewood and you can't ever get warm near a stove.

The cook requires exact humidity to avoid smoke or "too hot" flame, then puts "perfect" firewood into a stove where none of it matters even a little bit.

Bunch of hapless woodcutters can't manage to cut 5 tons per day among them and yet they start cutting at shoulder height. Maybe bottom of the tree is not up to standards. Special woodcutter instructor is not there for nothing, standards have to be enforced or people may live! Guild can't hire more woodcutters either, even though it swims in gold and people about to die. Must be union thing or something.

Low level of magic causes cold, no one gives a ****, "we need more standard firewood, it will solve all our problems even though our crops are dead already".

MC has infinite number of abilities he got for no reasons and without any efforts. He has no personality, goal, ambitions or libido. Entire series is just him doing something and everyone around being amazed about it. I think it is the laziest isekai I ever seen. How they managed to sell 10 volumes of it I have no idea.
Jul 25, 2022 12:41 PM

Oct 2014
Humor’s on point this EP
Jul 25, 2022 2:30 PM
Apr 2022
This anime is so bone dry boring. Like... besides the boring ass plot and boring ass MC, they didn't even bother with big titty bitches and fan service. This show is the definition of watching paint dry. I am actually impressed

5/7 will dry paint again.
Jul 25, 2022 4:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I really liked this one actually, it had just the right amount of goofy Isekai moments and Yuji actually emoting is interesting lol. It was also funny how Yuji was cutting down tons of trees just for some food, but man those reactions to eating the food were pretty great too, the recreations of famous art pieces and the out of body experience were definitely funny lol.

And it looks like there was a hidden bunker underground in the forest around the village, funny how that hellfire of demise solves everything in this show lol, but once again Yuji is doing all this for food, I guess the man knows what he wants lol.
Jul 25, 2022 7:24 PM
Nov 2021
Episode was pretty mid, going to drop. World literally cant figure anything out with the mc who doesnt make the smartest choices himself.
Jul 25, 2022 8:10 PM

Jan 2008
His magic arsenal is probably one of the prime examples of lazy writing you'll see for an isekai protagonist.

Also it seems they just reused his character animation from the first episode when casting his hellfire spell.
Jul 25, 2022 8:53 PM

Aug 2021
Food is a more than valid reason to save the town then haha, yes that's why it already got going, it helped from the start but now it's saving it from that cold and then it will get closer to the truth.
Jul 25, 2022 9:19 PM
Sep 2018
The Shokugeki no Souma references were very good.
Some of the best I've seen.

I don't know that we have a good enough grasp on the size of the community, but I'll agree that the quantity they're actually receiving of firewood can't be the amount truly required; it's unsustainable.
The flipside of that is that it appears they normally wouldn't require any firewood outside of that used for cooking.
Seasons as we think of them don't appear to be a thing.
The cold weather they are experiencing is more than unseasonal, it's not something that happens, period.

In regard to the moisture levels in the wood impacting the kind of fire they produce and their suitability for different uses, the concept is not bogus; while it's a long time since I've done any camping, or had a fireplace in the home that was used, you do get a very different fire based upon how well seasoned the wood is.
If using wood burning ovens and stoves, it does matter.
Just like you allow wood to properly season before using in wood working, you do likewise before using it for fuel.

I can see why not everyone would enjoy this series, but I find it pleasant.
Jul 25, 2022 10:16 PM
Apr 2022
I like the slime. The plot and story kind of weird. And this episode more weird. I like the girl characters not wear lewd clothes and just bouncing Booba.
Jul 25, 2022 11:28 PM
Nov 2018
Weasalopes said:

In regard to the moisture levels in the wood impacting the kind of fire they produce and their suitability for different uses, the concept is not bogus; while it's a long time since I've done any camping, or had a fireplace in the home that was used, you do get a very different fire based upon how well seasoned the wood is.
If using wood burning ovens and stoves, it does matter.
Just like you allow wood to properly season before using in wood working, you do likewise before using it for fuel.

Ok, freshly cut wood generally doesn't burn well, that much is true. Different types of wood burn differently though, so there are exceptions. "Isekai trees" is obviously one of them.

Consider this. Hilariously incompetent woodcutters cut wood to immediately burn it for heat. They don't have any magical slimes to dry it out. This wood is good enough for fireplace. It is good enough for stove. And there is no such thing as "too dry" firewood.
Jul 25, 2022 11:50 PM

Feb 2019
Yea man this shit is just straight up ass.
Jul 26, 2022 1:18 AM

Oct 2008
This episode = foodgasm (steak, stew)
ultra convenience on making house fire wood...omg ILLEGAL LOGGING!!!
and the other man was beyond overwhelmed with the wood he got sick of it! bwahahah!!!
5/5.

Jul 26, 2022 1:29 AM

May 2020
Felt like I was watching the episode at 0.5x, because no way some 20 odd minutes are this long. Enough at this point I guess.
Jul 26, 2022 6:22 AM

Jan 2021
I have a feeling after Yuji destroys all those magic stones and defeats the cultists. The magic winter will go away and they won't need that firewood. My boy only destroyed the forest ecosystem for some food. Better get that magic earth fairy to grow back all those trees.
Jul 26, 2022 10:15 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Yuji arrived in Ricaardo in search of good food but the weather was not good because of a rock but Yuji goes looking for firewood to help the city
Jul 26, 2022 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
After a terrible garbage previous ep now they are doing a pointless wood chopping and eating ep !?? WTF is this ??? When I said they have no plot I did not think they would actually make an ep that is irrelevant..... Sigh what a fcking trainwreck
RedChromeJul 26, 2022 1:12 PM
Jul 26, 2022 10:21 PM

Apr 2022
I've never had food that made me feel like that. I think I'm missing out... 😳

Jul 30, 2022 3:21 PM

Nov 2012
Deforestation thy name is Yuji.
Jul 30, 2022 8:54 PM

Nov 2009
Deforestation at it's best.

This guy would be loved by Corpa.

no forest = no animal = no meat to eat

(tho, they do have domesticated cattle I guess for meat) (and it looks like since this world's human isn't that expanded and is still in villages, there's no giant cities so there's still a lot of forests everywhere, so I guess deforestation is still ok for now) (aka, imagine in RL if 50% of all world cities are now replaced by trees, there would be no issue about cutting trees) (plus, the Dryad in this Fantasy World can literally spawn trees with magic, sustainable source, LOL)

BTW, FKing MC is literally "playing a game" with his slimes while he sits in his room with monitors and headset...

___ ___ ___

Also, too bad there's no magic to create physical objects like Heaters or generators to replace all the firewood.

For having nearly all the strongest magic in the world, you still can't really beat technology huh.
amlgJul 30, 2022 9:07 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 3, 2022 1:09 AM

Oct 2019
Remember folks, deforestation is bad. Don't be like mc. Rofl.
Aug 6, 2022 7:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Saving a whole village with that wood chopping technique, though he really burned the entire forest lmao, these stones are really annoying
Aug 15, 2022 1:20 PM

May 2018
food >>>>>>>>> all
Aug 20, 2022 1:15 AM

Nov 2019
They've gotten some deathnote level facial expressions in this episode as Yuji tastes delightful cooking at Ricaardo. We also watched him contribute to high degrees of deforestation to use the wood on fires. Then he went hunting for boars that were disturbing the crop growth which eventually led to him discovering that the cause of the wintery weather was because of dragons grace crystals placed there by humans. Yuji only did it for the best tasting beef and veges but he got roped into a weird situation like he wanted to avoid. Good episode, really different change using logging in an episode.
Aug 22, 2022 4:08 AM
Mar 2016
Jesus chris. this anime is way too boring than other anime I've seen. first isekai I ever watch would be this boring. not just character overpowered but story is not making it good either. no harem for fan service at least to caught some eyes of audience. emotionless character. that's it. I hereby declare I dropped since episode 4 ended.
Aug 23, 2022 8:56 PM
Aug 2020
ok mediocre, nothing special stuff
Aug 31, 2022 1:09 AM
May 2022
awesome, really funny
Sep 6, 2022 5:06 AM
Sep 2022
Funny and I'm enjoy to watch this episode!
Sep 15, 2022 5:50 AM
Jan 2011
This episode was very fun and light hearted.
Sep 16, 2022 4:23 AM
Sep 2021
Yuji is now checking the town for the problem that caused the sudden frost and he finds mysterious people of blue moon doing it.

I give it 5/10.
Sep 19, 2022 12:37 AM

Feb 2021
Well, this episode might be the best than a past episode. It's really hilarious when He cut off the trees to make a log for foods XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 22, 2022 4:55 AM

Nov 2019
While I'm generally a fan of overpowered protagonist shows, I do require them to present some sort of link between cause and effect.

This series sadly lacks that, with random things happening at random locations that the protagonist randomly resolves for no apparent reason. He has no goals and his powers are so broad as to be ultimately meaningless. The sudden introduction of foodgasms in this episode was just the final nail in the coffin.
Oct 6, 2022 8:23 PM

Apr 2008
He is so nonchalant about everything else besides food 😂🤣
Oct 10, 2022 2:46 PM
Jan 2017
not god boring but same time reading manga too okey wit that
Nov 5, 2022 8:10 AM
Oct 2019
i don't think this is good enough to keep watching. there's no challenge or obstacles. the mc is monotone. the town needs wood? ok, he'll just clear cut an entire f'ing forest (nevermind the ecological disaster that would cause). need a dragon killed? boom, no problem. blah blah blah. food wars style reaction to eating meat...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2022

98 by AnimeWeebs4Life »»
Apr 13, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

42 by ST63LTH »»
Feb 8, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2022

37 by ST63LTH »»
Feb 8, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2022

62 by Seabury »»
Jan 11, 6:58 PM

» People who liked this anime, let's gather and talk!

Sch4n - Sep 10, 2023

26 by DarwinIsRaySis »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.