Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2022 4:33 AM

Nov 2011
Ah Kevlin, always trying to do the right thing to save others or at least take on a new challenge.

And this episode's challenge.... a fire dragon lol. Feels like something out an of a JRPG game. I will say this though, he's got guts, a lot of courage and guts for a character.
Aug 22, 2022 5:53 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Seems the men walking towards the fore dragon are under orders of Ordarion to slay it.
Yuuji’s magic jet didn’t work on them from the front.
He tried it from behind them and they still evaded it!
The next one got them though xD.
They said ‘cleanse this tainted world’ and killed themselves…
The water in the barrels is cursed Dryad tells Yuuji. They were going to attempt to use it on the fire dragon and Yuuji purified the water.
A heard of lesser fire dragons is building up near the volcano…
The inn manager tells Yuuji that rain is coming and to leave the area.
He also says that the fire dragon never awakes in these rainy conditions except for one time…
It was half a century ago and it burnt all of Boginia!
The fire dragon nears the river and steps inside it! Though it seems it isn’t very damaged and it has evaporated all of the water…
Yuchi gets ready for battle against it and uses ice magic to attack it. However, it doesn’t work!
He tries again using 20 medium ranged frost spells and… it also fails to hurt the fire dragon.
Seems it was all Yuuji’s plan though! He unleashes a huge amount of water from the barrier dam he set up and it engulfs the fire dragon. It finally is down! Or so they think…
It unleashed a huge fireball and Yuuji uses a spell consuming a lot of MP to stop the attack. It overpowers the dragon’s flame and freezes it!
It finally is defeated and the rain has also stopped.
It also leaves behind a fire dragon jewel.
Seems the slimes have found something.
Yuuji heads back to the blacksmith and hands him the fire dragon jewel! Seems he is ok pretending it is a big lesser fire dragon jewel lol.
He asks the guild receptionist about Ordarion and it seems that it is a private place not favoured by adventurers.
The things the slime found was an artificial rain machine the reception tells Yuuji.
Though the place it came from is unknown.
The new armour is finished and the blacksmith tells Yuuji it is legendary level!
And the trouble is not over yet…

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 22, 2022 6:09 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 22, 2022 5:54 AM

Jan 2019
Some People notice the Fire Dragon walking towards their town. How did people not notice Yuji battling with the Fire Dragon with all those Huge Ice spells by Yuji

Shima_ReiAug 23, 2022 10:24 PM
Aug 22, 2022 6:02 AM

Jun 2021
I can’t believe those cultists stabbed my slime homie! Although it didn’t seem to have had much effect lol. Little dude just popped the sword out like nbd.

But man, this fire dragon was a real pain. Dude got flooded by the river, hit with water/ice magic, and then finally blasted with the frost beam to get taken down. Well, at least Yuji got a sweet jewel from it.

Ordarion looks like it might be cultist central. And it looks like they used a stolen artificial rain machine to cause problems! Yuji’s got his work cut out for him.
Aug 22, 2022 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
The Fire Dragon is a pain, though some old seasoned bandits carrying cursed water barrels up look sus, which doesn't take long to surmise that they were from the Blue Moon of Salvation. And even worse, a storm is brewing with the Fire Dragon being the superstitious creature of interest surrounded together with the herd of Lesser Fire Dragons to being calamity.

Yuji being cautious with the Fire Dragon's every step, and when it gets too far off, they have to stop it, testing Yuji's powers beyond the limit. And it was certainly an effort to subjugate it.

Ordarion, the Guild, man, the cult group wants power for liberation for their own gain. The artificial rain machine is one, and what tricks do they still have up their sleeve?
Aug 22, 2022 6:56 AM

Apr 2022
That gigantic fire dragon jewel turned into a tiny armor thingy for a single slime. Yuuji is getting scammed haaard!
Aug 22, 2022 7:26 AM
Jul 2021
just why people waching this trash anime ? seriously.
Aug 22, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
RedCobra75 said:

Because it is enjoyable to watch.

Also, why are you asking this on episode 9?
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Aug 22, 2022 10:16 AM
May 2022
RedCobra75 said:

Just to add some watching hours 😂
Aug 22, 2022 10:57 AM

Mar 2022
why did i watch this show it was good untill last episode now from now i regret i should not have started this

Aug 22, 2022 12:01 PM
Oct 2015
It would help if the subtitles would work on HI-DRIVE. I guess I'll wait another day and see if they update.
Aug 22, 2022 12:02 PM

Feb 2011
Honestly this anime is .. kinda low par/mediocre. The animation was very choppy with the dragon walking, and obviously the slimes/wolf only open their mouth for entire sentences...

this should've/could've been adapted/animated better, but it wasn't.

In too deep to drop it though
3/5.

Aug 22, 2022 1:32 PM
Jan 2022
Stark700 said:
Ah Kevlin, always trying to do the right thing to save others or at least take on a new challenge.

And this episode's challenge.... a fire dragon lol. Feels like something out an of a JRPG game. I will say this though, he's got guts, a lot of courage and guts for a character.

My favorite thing about this take is how no one batted an eye that you mixed up MC’s with Black Summoner
Aug 22, 2022 1:54 PM

Jan 2021
Yuji's destroying the local ecosystem again. Although I admit, its godzilla's fault, I mean uh the cult of the blue moon or something?

Yuji is never going to get creative with his spells, its just ice magic medium, ice magic x10, ice magic x20. The stakes are already low because he's so powerful, its just a joke that he can times his magic almost infinitely. Yes I know he a magic limit, its suppose to take off his health if has no MP left. But literally when was that ever a real problem before.
Aug 22, 2022 3:00 PM

May 2021
Those two men at the beginning were actually pretty competent. Shame they went out so fast.

42Meanings said:
Stark700 said:

My favorite thing about this take is how no one batted an eye that you mixed up MC’s with Black Summoner

What watching at 8x does to a person.

Aug 22, 2022 3:38 PM
Jan 2020
This series was somewhat unique at first with the flashbacks and how they affect his decisions, but now at nine episodes in they've ditched that and it's still a dull one OP man party against cookie cutter villains.

Compared to Black Summoner just having a actual party of different people makes that's far better.
Aug 22, 2022 3:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The fight against the fire dragon was an decent one, starting with more guys from that cult but of course they off themselves before you can get any info out of them, and then Yuuji, his slimes and Proud Wolf all worked together to take down the fire dragon as it marched towards the city. I swear the music really reminded me of Godzilla too lol, not just the fire dragon’s design.

And damn, so they got weather altering machines in this world, there’s been a weird mix of tech and fantasy and I’ve liked that aspect for sure, we saw even more of that tech at the end with the new villain.
Aug 22, 2022 8:18 PM
Mar 2022
yuji fighting fire godzilla was pretty great to watch, wonder what his new slime armor piece does seeing how incredibly strong that fire dragon was
Aug 22, 2022 11:31 PM
Jan 2021
Basically, the dragon died. Episode was ok. I am glad that they didn't draw out the battle as I wish to see more of the plot unfold. Also glad that the rain didn't just appear by chance. That would have not been very nice as a plot point. Interesting that industrial magical devices seem to exist and are common. Kinda hoping that more effort goes into these things (like how it's made) in the future episodes.
Also, why is monster stealth so OP? I get the main character is OP but why are all the slimes OP? That never really gets explained. I guess that the tamed get stronger but idk, might be nicer if they had some sort of ninja slime rather than every slime is OP stealth. You would think that monster stealth as a level would need to be ridiculously high in order for people who "not armatures" to not notice them. And then a slime got stabbed and was fine.
The slimes in this show don't seem to many obstacles(only one I can think of is the fear of dragons). Would be nice if there was more.
Aug 23, 2022 6:10 AM

May 2018
Poor godzilla did not stand a chance :(
Aug 23, 2022 6:13 AM

May 2018
RioFS said:
Those two men at the beginning were actually pretty competent. Shame they went out so fast.

42Meanings said:

What watching at 8x does to a person.

now that I think about it they both look the same lmao
Aug 24, 2022 10:35 AM
Feb 2022
I think this anime needs some better MC, or some reason for him to do something, maybe a character arc. I mean it is even hard to say what kind of MC he is even naofumi is a more open guy than him. the only times he shows any emotions was when he had eaten the delicious food and I liked this episode just because of that thing. I mean it is hard to like him or don't like him it is hard to describe how bland he is.
Aug 24, 2022 1:02 PM
Dec 2016
wonderful episode
Aug 26, 2022 1:52 AM
Apr 2022
it was good, seemed a little more anti-climactic then the others.
Aug 26, 2022 8:25 PM
Mar 2016
dragon there be, and a Draggin
Aug 26, 2022 9:25 PM
Feb 2022
ltguioyhiop ghuio
Aug 27, 2022 5:32 PM

Nov 2012
Someone needs to explain keeping a "low profile" vs. being anonymous to Yuji
dragynfaerieAug 27, 2022 5:38 PM
Aug 28, 2022 4:14 PM

Nov 2016
episode was decent, idk why anime is only a 6.30
Aug 30, 2022 2:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Uh so there were some other enemies that made it rain on purpose so the fire dragon would go berserk and destroy the village, at least they could prevent that and freeze the dragon but now it's up to stop them for good
Aug 30, 2022 11:03 PM

Dec 2015
hmmm! :D now that was one 'godzilla-like' monster. :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 6, 2022 9:57 AM
Apr 2017
Loved seen him won agaisnt that dragon and made a new armor
Sep 6, 2022 11:11 AM
Jul 2022
eqfxcnmvmkhjdgvhyvjhsgdfhbsdjgvcsucbhgdygcfsuhydefrugrbvdkahsygcvbauyhgveyuifgvadsgvfudsicvgdsvgdyvfdvydbvyudsfvg
Sep 16, 2022 6:45 AM
Sep 2021
Yuji fought the fire dragon and defeated it, but a more stronger foe seems to appear.

I give it 6/10.
Sep 19, 2022 3:32 AM

Feb 2021
I think the guild master is behind all of this.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 7, 2022 7:22 AM

Apr 2011
The fire dragon was a tough opponent but he eventually defeated it and got a huge crystal.
Nov 21, 2022 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
Too bad the Fire Dragon is just a lesser Godzilla.

A real Godzilla uses Plasma beams instead of Fire breath and is 10x bigger in size and isn't afraid of water, LOL. (real Godzilla is born in the water afterall)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 4, 2023 12:22 PM
Jan 2016
v. good i really enjoyed
Feb 8, 7:55 PM

Nov 2019
Would that be a greater fire dragon MC defeated? And looks like an evil cult tried to get it to descend on the nearby village.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2022

98 by AnimeWeebs4Life »»
Apr 13, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

42 by ST63LTH »»
Feb 8, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2022

62 by Seabury »»
Jan 11, 6:58 PM

» People who liked this anime, let's gather and talk!

Sch4n - Sep 10, 2023

26 by DarwinIsRaySis »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life: Dai-2 no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2022

120 by Katsuki_Kagure »»
Aug 28, 2023 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.