Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, Mukuro is kinda scary when she's actually serious in this arc.

However, it was nice to finally see Shidou and her kiss after all the drama. I got some mixed rivalry between the Mukuro/Tohka rivalry. Seems entertaining but also forced out of sudden without much buildup.
May 27, 2022 7:04 AM

Feb 2019
One of my fave date a live episodes ever tbh. The tohka mukuru fight was great, but Idk I just can’t get with the CGI aspects. Idk why they use it so much for basic things.

Story wise though, great episode. As i expected mukuru had some major abandonment issues because of her family, glad shido was able to calm her down and seal her.

Last few eps of this season should be crazy now that kurumi’s back
May 27, 2022 7:08 AM

Feb 2019
Best girl returns at the end :D
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 27, 2022 7:23 AM
May 2022
Good episode and good use of cgi
May 27, 2022 7:27 AM

May 2020
And just like that another girl in the pocket, well didn't care much about her to begin with, though that's for most of the girls in this series given how big the harem has became.

"I've lost interest in you", and then proceeds to kiss.... okay.

Well the true best girl is back, so that's something to look forward to.
May 27, 2022 7:36 AM
May 2022
Softhenic03 said:
And just like that another girl in the pocket, well didn't care much about her to begin with, though that's for most of the girls in this series given how big the harem has became.

Yeah this is a problem that has DAL, but is WAY more noticeable in the fourth season btw
May 27, 2022 7:43 AM

Sep 2021
I did like the CGI maybe isnt the best but i isnt that bad for me.
This season is really ain improvement of the past one and i am liking it a lot and finally best girl Kurumi is back.
Looking forward to next episode.
May 27, 2022 7:50 AM

May 2021
The CGI is .... not horrible but indeed quite jarring to view. Even apart from that, was not as interesting as some other DAL fights.

A glimpse into Mukuro's past; it does explain a bit about why Mukuro doesn't want Shido to leave her but could have expanded more.

But never mind that, since the post-credits scene exists; Best Girl is making a return. Finally.
RioFSMay 27, 2022 8:00 AM

May 27, 2022 8:11 AM
May 2021
Action scenes didn't have much impact 😩. CGI was actually used well but still.... Conclusion was great. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 27, 2022 8:14 AM

Jan 2019
Good episode, but I would have preferred a fight without CGI. Seeing Astral Dress that doesn't disappear after sealing(or just Tohka's skirt in her case) is really cringe😂 I know they don't show nudity and that's fine, but they could just "censor" it with camera angles like they always did. Anyway next arc will focus on Kurumi, finally all of her fans will know more about her(in my opinion people who didn't read the novel and are obsessed with Kurumi so far are just overrating her, at least now there will be some real reason to appreciate her). Let's hope in just 4 episodes they'll make an acceptable adaptation, I don't hope for a good one at this point, just "not bad" will be enough.
May 27, 2022 8:30 AM

Jun 2021
Amazing episode and Mukuro is the best waifu ever <3. I fucking love her so much!
May 27, 2022 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
Mukuro's familial past certainly is an interesting footnote in the LN, but honestly it ain't much as compared to Inverse Tohka and Origami.

Inverse Tohka and Mukuro's sudden fight that blends 2D action with Geek Toys' use of CGI, it certainly looks better but it's just a cheap way of amplifying deep action, would've just preferred a complete 2D fight instead. It's just sad that DAL's adaptation quality just has an area that keeps getting worse somehow.

Given Mukuro's powers of Michael, unintentionally harming Shido wasn't part of her plan, but yet this is how the familiar Spirit sealing function by the kiss works, and I'm alright with that for both Mukuro and that's much needed for Inverse Tohka to return to her senses.

BEST GIRL FINALLY MAKES HER RETURN...and her story this time truly is worth defining why she's that.

AnimeWatcher0111 said:
Softhenic03 said:

Yeah this is a problem that has DAL, but is WAY more noticeable in the fourth season btw
Very true indeed. The "Spirit sealing" harem balance seems more prominent and forced this season. Also, Kurumi best Spirit girl.
May 27, 2022 9:05 AM

Jun 2021
Oh, what it would feel like to be picked up, kissed, and thrown by Inverse Tohka.
May 27, 2022 9:49 AM
Mar 2021
I liked the beginning & the end of this Episode but The on Air Fight between Tohka & Mukuro was not that much sharp..

Not just this episode though, I feel like in this season fighting sequence was lame compared to previous 3 seasons..

Well I am excited now that our Nightmare is coming on next episode..

I hope that GEEK TOYS don't do some Extra Intelligent work to adapt Volume 16 (Kurumi Refrain) & Volume 17 (Kurumi Ragnarok) in remain 4 Episode in this season..
May 27, 2022 9:52 AM
Feb 2022
is it me or was the cgi and animation just straight up horse crap in this episode?
May 27, 2022 10:22 AM

Jul 2019
I don't know why they used CGI for fights, the old fights were better than this CGI but anyway, enjoyed this episode.
May 27, 2022 10:27 AM
Apr 2022
finally my fav girl returns. kurumi x shido. Impatiently waiting for next episode.
May 27, 2022 11:06 AM

Nov 2019
It felt subpar in all sorts of ways.

Nothing really there to write home about this episode which strived just to go through the motions and end volume 15.

Well Vol 16-20 are the best volumes DAL has to offer, so let's see how Geektoys handle them.

As a LN reader, I don't care much about Kurumi except for the fact that she's there for bringing in the plot with her.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 27, 2022 11:29 AM
Dec 2021
An amazing, hot episode!!!!
May 27, 2022 12:20 PM

Oct 2020
yes i was waiting for this one
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 27, 2022 12:33 PM

Sep 2020
So I guess Kurumi has four episodes? Wow really excited for the rest of the episodes.
May 27, 2022 12:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well now the Mukuro case is fixed and we got two kiss with her and one for Tohka
Kurumi's comeback now wow, it's gonna be interesting for sure
May 27, 2022 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
KURUMIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Move your ass aside Mukuro and the others, the best and truly greatest spirit has returned!

Now I can give this anime my fullest attention!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 27, 2022 2:01 PM

Jan 2020
CGI is still jarring but it had some great uses in this episode and it wasn't absolutely horrible, it definitely works best for faraway shots instead of closeups. At least it's better than having 2d stills considering what we've been handed in the past.
May 27, 2022 5:06 PM

Jun 2017
Ehh gotta agree it was weird for Tenka to just go "okay, I am bored, you win". She did drop some pretty interesting trivia. So the "inverse" versions are the originals and what we know as "normal" spirits are the ones tailored to be more compatible with a human body. It's also interesting she knows about Tohka but not the other way around.Plus seems like the next time she pops up she likely won't be as hostile as before.

takamono said:
So I guess Kurumi has four episodes? Wow really excited for the rest of the episodes.

Must be a good arc if they left it for last. She also hed her arc near the end of S3. Gotta go out with that bang. Hopefully this will guarantee S5.

May 27, 2022 5:20 PM

Mar 2021
Loved it, the romance was great, but the CG fights were so painful to watch. If it was animated by the original studios, I think this could've been one of the best eps
May 27, 2022 6:41 PM

Jul 2021
I’ll be honest, I’m not liking this season as much as previous seasons although it’s still enjoyable. The reason being, the overuse of CG and the lack of Kurumi.

It seems like one of those issues is getting resolved next week when best girl returns, thank you Date a Live!
May 27, 2022 8:11 PM
suii

Dec 2018
did shido actually lie this episode? (guess he had too) (well technically not cause his parents are overseas, in context) cause from what i gather he's always been a pretty social guy lol, unless its a backstory or something we dont know, how him and mukuro are similar i dont know lol
evangelionfanMay 27, 2022 8:32 PM
May 27, 2022 8:49 PM
Jul 2021
evangelionfan said:
did shido actually lie this episode? (guess he had too) (well technically not cause his parents are overseas, in context) cause from what i gather he's always been a pretty social guy lol, unless its a backstory or something we dont know, how him and mukuro are similar i dont know lol
It's basically his backstory lol and yeah him and mukuro are similar cuz both are adopted.I'll say that his backstory is quite messed up.
May 27, 2022 9:29 PM
suii

Dec 2018
NickReyes said:
evangelionfan said:
It's basically his backstory lol and yeah him and mukuro are similar cuz both are adopted.I'll say that his backstory is quite messed up.
ohh okay i had no idea, cause now shido in the anime dosent seem messed up at all. guess its gonna show up at some point
May 27, 2022 10:29 PM
Jul 2021
evangelionfan said:
NickReyes said:
ohh okay i had no idea, cause now shido in the anime dosent seem messed up at all. guess its gonna show up at some point
The problem is that if they intended to adapt it, his arc or backstories would not be in this season. There is a need for a fifth season.
May 28, 2022 12:02 AM

Nov 2017
I won't tire of saying that Mukuro is really cute!!!, the ed scene was wholesome af,
Before season 4 appeared, I always hoped that the final scene of the mukuro arc would be adapted, because I think this scene is very cute, and yeah we got Kurumi Refrain Arc !!!! This is the arc I'm most looking forward to adapting !!! and we got Nibelcole too !!! I'M TOO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE !!!!
May 28, 2022 12:22 AM

May 2018
Mukuro is best yandere and best waifu
May 28, 2022 1:23 AM

Oct 2017
Mukuro finally sealed and we even got inverse Tohka and Mukuro kissing Shido, nice. Kurumi arc next? It'll be fun.
May 28, 2022 3:30 AM

May 2013
As usual for DAL seasons the pacing is all over the place, literally every scene feels like it comes short and would work better if it would have expanded a few more minutes.

CGI was bad no question and makes the fight scenes just forgettable with little to no impact, most of it is two shilouettes flying around in the distance wtf. At least mukuro's backstory was a bit more interesting than nia's, same for her interactions with shido at the end, really cute.

But now I have a bad feeling that they will squeeze the whole kurumi arc into 4 episodes
May 28, 2022 6:35 AM
Jan 2017
HEYYYY
WHAT HAPPEN WITH THAT RIPPED ARM?

studio is making bad scriptwriting and totally unreasonable in this episode
May 28, 2022 6:52 AM
Nov 2020
I just wanna say one thing. Mukuro... she's a real attention whore
May 28, 2022 9:36 AM

May 2015
Such drama...much wow
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 28, 2022 10:39 AM

Nov 2020
That was some terrible CGI. A pay to win shit ass mobile game can do better than that fr. but whatever. I dunno I guess Mukuro will be one of my least favorite on the harem ngl and ofc Kurumi will show up when the season is about to end, the classic date a live formula.
May 28, 2022 12:05 PM
Jan 2017
I just love the character writing on Date A Live. This show has always done a fine job at making me care about the characters and their struggles, and Mukuro was no different. Her tragic backstory give her actions a much better context and explains why does she behave the way she does now. Loneliness is painful and people will do whatever it takes to find a place where they belong.

And yes, I know that some of you will say "it takes more than just a tragic backstory and daddy issues to make a character compelling" but the story acknowledges that, which is why Shido gives her the chance for redemption and find a new family. That has always been the true message of Date A Live: true power comes not from within oneself, but from the love you give to and receive from otheres.

Date A Live is the gift that keeps on giving, intense action and poignant character development included, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
May 28, 2022 12:46 PM

Dec 2009
I do think they missed an opportunity to interject Kurumi a bit here with the memory rewrite thing... While from the sounds/looks of it i guess it's fair cuz she should be getting a lot of focus here next, but i feel like it really should have been Kurumi who came to him first when everyone's memories were gone, even just as a display that she's still infatuated with him and that she's impervious to such a silly attempt to mess with her... Though i guess Mukuro might not be really aware of Kurumi's relevance...

It's hard not to overdo Kurumi's screentime even though she is the most unpredictable and anomalous factor to everything and could/should be involved with most of what happens in one way or another due to her nature and abilities. Such as Mukuro doing that thing to the planet, Kurumi can't not know what's happening, though she might not do much cuz she knows Shido & co will solve it anyway.

I always like when there's hack characters that just don't fit anywhere or can break anything who are whimsical, same with Magane in Re:Creators; their involvement usually pretty crucial and often very underplayed.
GenesisAriaMay 28, 2022 12:49 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 28, 2022 6:42 PM

Apr 2013
Mukuro still dressed after Sealing, what? Are they seriously censoring Spirit sealing sequences too now. -_-
They have awkward priorities too, since they didn't care to do so for Natsumi and Yoshino.
Did True Tohka even get sealed now or did She just say "Fuck it!", go back to sleep and let her other self in control again? Weird to tell now because of the out of place censor.
heh, in the end Tohka actually pulled through with it and "stole a kiss by force" like she considered in the beginning.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
May 29, 2022 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
this episode was meh...but the next eps would be a banger since they now have to deal with the most dangerous problematic vile spirit of all! nyahaha!
4/5.

May 29, 2022 9:16 AM

Mar 2020
Gotta say dal no longer hits me like it used to be especially with these horrible cgi fights. It feels like a cheap knockoff of twgok without all of its good points
May 29, 2022 1:36 PM
Jan 2017
Ngl i loved muku more when she sealed her emotions, now she's kinda annoying?
May 29, 2022 1:58 PM

Mar 2021
fyi, it has already been leaked that dal iv won't go beyond vol 16 so nothing to worry on that part
May 30, 2022 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
Even for just a brief moment is great to Kurumi back
Jun 1, 2022 2:28 AM
Jun 2021
The CGI was really bad, i just can't watch a cgi like that its hurts my eyes lol

The fight between mukuro & tohka didn't left any impact it just happened to fast also no buildup

It feels like they just cutted a lot of portion which anyway best girl is back & i don't care about any other things
Jun 1, 2022 9:22 PM

May 2020
& i finally caught up with this season.

CGI was tolerable,
They could have done better with Origami & Tenka fight considering their rivalry.

Didnt care about much on Mukuro but they couldve had inserted the character that everyone is waiting for where everyone forgets Shido.

Same goes with the Fairy Tale episode.
I wonder what fairytale/fictional character our best girl will be if she was in there???

Finally our best girl is back!!!
If the show becomes dark,
Bring it on!!!
I want it to be dark considering her character.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 1, 2022 10:02 PM
Nov 2016
icefirestone23 said:
fyi, it has already been leaked that dal iv won't go beyond vol 16 so nothing to worry on that part
yeah also heard that it's a good news that season end with Kurumi Refrain and with this there might be chance to get new Kurumi Ragnarok and adopt volume 17-20 and if we have good luck maybe series conclude with movie
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

156 by MinaseNagi »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Today, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Do you think Shido actually loves the girls in his harem?

Lost_Hearts - Feb 5

8 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

84 by AlluringProxima »»
Mar 30, 11:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.