3It was OK
2.2%
2Disliked it
1.0%
1Hated it
2.3%
Average 4.8
3,753 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 6, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
LOL, this show loves rap and they didn't shy from showing it off again. Chika looked like she was born for her role. This was like the ultimate rap episode. Even Shirogane went full rap with Chika.

More Maki also featured this episode and she's grown to me as a very entertaining character this season. Bring on more!
May 6, 2022 8:29 AM

Jul 2021
Les go they’re adapting the rap battle Part 1! Another series of Mama Chika is about to save the day for the one and only Shirogane! One thing I've learned about rap is that it's only for intellectuals and oh god, even Chika is dead after hearing him doing the rap. The rap scene is pretty good, Chika is too cute and it was hilarious that Shirogane told Chika to teach him how to rap while Chika just nailed it I’m weak, she really said Motherf***kerrrrrrr xD.

PART 2 IS EVEN AMAZING, EVERYONE’S PART WAS SO GOOD, from Shirogane and Chika’s teamwork, not gonna lie the display felt like some rap music video in 2009. Kaguya’s part is lil exaggerated at first but then she’s able to get on the beat, also her singing in the 2nd half gave such an eerie vibe lmao and Hayasaka’s part is also interesting, ad then again the direction in PART 2 of the rap battle is amazing to display something unusual but was able to execute it in an interesting aesthetic, not gonna lie they pretty much nail this scene.

Heh, Shirogane and Ishigami saw Maki crying on the floor. Maki’s presence gave me a lil worry about her third-wheeling Nagisa and Tsubasa :/ but it’s just a side thing in the overall series.

“Romance is a Battle of Speed, If you fall for them, you have to confess as soon as possible” - Ishigami

“Waiting for the other person to confess is no different than running away, it’s important to have the courage to throw away your pride” - Shirogane

I have no clue which advice based on their experience to choose from, Ishigami or Shirogane?

ALSO THAT NEW ED????? Probably dedicated for this episode
CQLLISTMay 6, 2022 8:32 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 6, 2022 8:30 AM
Aug 2021
That new ED. It's fucking beautiful.
May 6, 2022 9:12 AM

May 2020
People learn from mistakes but it seems like Chika just doesn’t, and round three of her teaching Shirogane something was everything well within the expectations. Though even Hayasaka joining the bandwagon… one can already imagine the chaos it brings in the house. Anyways they really went above and beyond with this rap segment even in the ED, nothing less than a chef’s kiss.

Also someone just get Maki a boyfriend at this point, please. Not a good sight to see one of the best girls suffering.
May 6, 2022 9:20 AM

Oct 2021
https://twitter.com/iskekishek/status/1522603782156464128?s=21&t=kwxCNwOKmxouGKL5eg4NJw
Kaguya sama new Ending song was sooooo awesome !!!!
It was animated by 18 year old animator “vercreek.” He solo did storyboard , direction and key animation for the ending song .

The whole episode was a sublime product for me . The rap song really made by day .
May 6, 2022 9:40 AM

Oct 2017
Lol at Fujiwara, she should have learned from her prior experiences. The rap segment was really good thou, the seiyuus went beyond with their performances.

Poor Maki, she's the epitome of suffering. She's really adorable thou, specially with her twintails and the fang and also her behaviour. I hope she gets someone who'll cherish her.

Wasn't expecting there to be a Bohemian Rhapsody reference but that was well done.
MegamiRemMay 6, 2022 11:42 PM
May 6, 2022 9:43 AM
Jul 2016
Great episode once again but the way my friends who have read the manga were hyping it to me really felt like it was supposed to be the best episode ever of kaguya sama or something. Didn't meet those unrealistic expectations sadly, but still loved it. One of the better episodes of this season.
May 6, 2022 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
Paripi Miyuki!
The special ED of this episode, My Nonfiction, should be the ED of the whole season. It was a really good one.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 6, 2022 10:00 AM

Feb 2020
That ED slaps hard as hell wtf
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2022 10:00 AM

Jul 2021
Everyone rap in this episode, even Hayasaka. I was overwhelmingly entertained and happy. We also got some more developments.

Another ED wtf. A-1 is wild.
May 6, 2022 10:04 AM
Apr 2021
Jesus christ, i can't get over this episode
i knew they were keeping this whole rap skit, but from the moment the OP was nowhere to be seen i knew they would go all out and DAMN if they didn't go above and beyond!
It was all so ridiculous, so fun, and had a message for the characters, it was amazing! also that ending had me dying

You can just tell when an anime is made with passion, and I'm so glad Kaguya-sama is being adapted this way
May 6, 2022 10:05 AM

Sep 2021
This is why kaguya-sama is peak rom-com, this chapter was really good, the rap part was insanely well, and hayasaka obvously best girl or boy in this case i guess, and maki really is innocent as kaguya with the "sek" part, and that ED, omg it slaps so hard
May 6, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was full of craziness. Chika and Shirogane rapping. In the end, even Kaguya and Hayasaka started rapping. It was so funny but seemed deep at the same time. I hope Hayasaka was able to convey her true feelings to Kaguya.

New ED!
May 6, 2022 10:09 AM
Sep 2015
We get rap episode from Aharen-san, Paripi Koumei, and Kaguya-sama!
Aharen-san has better overall quality of rap, but Kaguya-sama, in Shirogane+Fujiwara part is the best sequence, thanks to its drawing inspiration from Beastie Boys (if you don't know Beastie Boys, you should "Ch-Check It Out")
May 6, 2022 10:10 AM
Sep 2021
Another great episode from Kaguya-sama S3! Honestly I love the animation including Bohemian Rhapsody reference in Kaguya's singing even though it is hip-hop-ish music not rock like the original Bohemian Rhapsody. I also love how Hayasaka made a "diss track" for her (or his?) master with the freestyle way. WOW!

Special ED? Oh man! We don't deserve it!
May 6, 2022 10:11 AM
May 2021
Woww such a goated ep!!! What can I say… Love is Peak!!!! Ahhhhfggfgvhv
May 6, 2022 10:11 AM
Oct 2016
A crazy looking unique ending song! Glad that this show has kept up that trend of having really unique ways to spice up the plain standard of having the same ending song each episode. Makes sense with the episode content too, rapping being a central part of the chapters adapted in majority of the episode. Shirogane going to Chika for advice on rap since she's helped him out so much before with his troubles. Which makes it even more hilarious cause Chika knows next to nothing about rap and hip-hop music! Going through all that trouble just for Shirogane to turn around and say ok now teach me even though I just taught you. Shirogane with the worst uno reverse card ever.

His rapping needed some serious work, can't keep pitch and rhythm in check at the same time. Chika making the perfect analogy of it being like two endgame bosses combining into something even stronger since she helped him out with pitch and rhythm individually in the previous seasons. All this just so Shirogane can convey his feelings to Hayasaka after the disastrous karaoke he performed a few episodes ago. But the message he wants to get across to her is an important one. That you don't have to put on an act for people to like you. Hayasaka thinking that's the only way to receive love, by faking and not showing your true self. A very sad way to think of things which is why I'm so glad MC Miyuki shattered that idea in her mind! Showing off his new badass rapping Shirogane tore it up! Lit that Mic on fire!! Loved all the cool animation bits they did with the circular Park shape being like a record. Shirogane and Chika walking around and around Hayasaka. Whom herself finally opened up after Kaguya had to butt in. Its a lot for Hayasaka to bear being the one who has to look after someone else and sacrifice her adolescence. Really amazing part in glad they did it so well.

Last part of the episode was more akin to the normal antics. Maki coming back to the student council room for advice after she joined the club that Kashiwagi and her boyfriend are apart of so how they're relationship is right in her face. Its difficult expressing your love for someone boldly, Ishigami and Shirogane know all about that.
May 6, 2022 10:15 AM

Dec 2020
Lol the first part where miyuki was rapping and chika “dies” after hearing it haha.

To see Maki back how crazy she is always is.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 6, 2022 10:16 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Two rap battles in two consecutive days, that was intense!!
New ED is cool, Shirogane sure has learned some skills

May 2021
Loved the volume warning we got before we heard Shirogane's rap. So weird that Shirogane taught Chika rap just so that she could teach him.

Kaguya's singing was really good but Hayasaka's; I felt it. She wants to live a normal life as well.

The new ED "My Nonfiction" is definitely a Jojo reference.

Such a XXXing great episode. 5/5

Nov 2016
Chika is a savage, especially when she unlocked brutally honest rap mode xD The whole part was pretty funny thanks to her.

I only noticed now that Maki has a moe fang.

Anyway, that ED was something else.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2022 10:18 AM

Jun 2020
Yo! What a banger episode! This season is turning out to be absolutely amazing
May 6, 2022 10:20 AM

Jul 2017
The Maki segment in the final third stuck out like a sore thumb and wasn't that great, but the rest of the episode in the Rap arc was good, and the ending was great here, looked fantastic in particular and really the whole rap portion was well-directed in this episode (including the ending too with how that was animated so well). It was nice seeing a switchup with the Miyuki-Chika segments with not only having Miyuki train Chika to train him, but then having the actual rap segments involve Hayasaka and Kaguya like that to help Hayasaka out was cool too.

It wasn't close to being as fun as the Kongming rap episode which was just awesome from start to finish, especially with the back and forth throughout the majority of the episode and with the flows, but this one was a decent enough counterpart to it. It was a good episode overall with a final third that belonged in a different episode from this to be honest, to prevent it from being close to a great one. Although to be honest, while the rap segments were nice here, they weren't again offering the best that the series has offered up to this point. This whole season to be honest has definitely had the weakest first half among the three so far, something about the series feels a bit hollow currently that hopefully the second half should make up for.
May 6, 2022 10:24 AM
Aug 2020
THIS IS NOW MY FAVORITE EPISODE OF THE ENTIRE SERIES!!!!!!!!
May 6, 2022 10:25 AM
Oct 2021
damn man this episode was fire, the music was unexpected

*ed was real good, why did kaguya look like a man xD
May 6, 2022 10:27 AM

Jun 2021
One of the best and entertaining episodes 11/10 ^-^ It felt like a really long episode filled with comedy :D
May 6, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2016
Rap arc episode. Its great to see the rap being so over the top but it retains its sick beats. The amount of rapping this episode is amazing even references about it are smoothly animated. Shirogane and Chika dropping bars is dope and Kaguya surprisingly is good too. The animation and direction is upped this episode its one of the highlights of anime.

And not that only one they dropped another special ED with Shirogane and Chika rapping and its great song it rhymes and the animation is unique. Overall great episode and my favorite so far this season 3

May 6, 2022 10:30 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Fujiwara learning rap to teach Shirogane that he doesn't sing this style of music very well so much that Hayasaka almost died when she heard it and Shirogane's sister also heard and almost died
May 6, 2022 10:30 AM
Jun 2020
Definitely upped the manga on this one.
The rap battle is one of my favorite and the way the anime adapt it is just amazing.

Part 2, the trio has deepened their relationship even further.
Also the new special ED is 🔥
May 6, 2022 10:32 AM
Mar 2015
Masterpiece episode, fucking hilarious lmao. ALSO SICK ENDING
May 6, 2022 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
I'm Actually wondering how the dub will tackle this episode? it would be easier for them to just use the Subbed audio but so far the staff of the dub has really stepped up their game for this anime, Wouldn't surprise me if they actually gave it a shot, Should be fun to see.

Another Great Episode All Round :)
May 6, 2022 10:36 AM
Jan 2017
The feelings in this episode are real
Always happy to see hayasaka show her true emotions and personality , and maki gaining more allies and friends
Also , this is the first episode with no miko since her first appearance in season 2
May 6, 2022 10:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've been waiting for ages to hear the Prez rap. I was not disappointed. Chika and Hayasaka shined too. Their seeiyu's are nailing this.

Overall this episode was great. And that surprising ED was a clincher
FarabeufMay 6, 2022 10:59 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 6, 2022 10:42 AM

Mar 2020
Third time I've heard rap in an anime episode this season, and this one did not disappoint either. The funny thing was that during the episode, I was wondering if there might be a more musical ed this episode since there was so much music today, and SURE ENOUGH, THERE WAS A NEW ED! Another great episode.
May 6, 2022 10:45 AM

Dec 2020
They really just put a headphone warning before Miyuki started rapping💀

Aug 2020
that bohemian rhapsody reference tho lol.
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm Hayasaka seeing the prez rap will be akin to a nightmare. Its funny that his main reason for wanting to improve it was because of that incident. But man that rapping really is something. Hmm to think that Hayasaka would end up telling the prez about her true role. But it really served to make their foray to the park that much more interesting. The switch to Hayasaka's POV during the rap was a nice move. Kaguya's response though was surprisingly fun. But it was Hayasaka's display of her true feelings that she told through her song that was the most entertaining. Feels like Maki's being affected more and more with Nagisa's relationship. Still the meeting proved to be a rare one where three people of similar predicaments were able meet. Have to say its amusing just how much Kaguya overreacts when the prez gets another girl friend. The new ending theme sure was a unique one with Chika and Miyuki's rapping.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2022 10:48 AM
May 2021
This is the best one. I love this
May 6, 2022 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
As if last week's Aharen and Thursday's Paripi Koumei aren't done with the rapping, Kaguya-sama is back with Chika's rap lols. This is truly a rap week.

Shirogane can't sing (as proven by Hayasaka), so WHY THE HELL does he wanna do rapping now...at least Chika is wiling to help him out. The "volume warning" warning was SUPERBLY apt lols, and Chika definitely felt like her singing lesson to Shirogane in Season 2 didn't even wince a rhythm of improvement, so the tables have turned on Shirogane giving Chika a round of training, but the same can't be said if you UNO reverse the roles. MotherXXXker!!!

Chika is done, the next is Hayasaka Herthaka for Shirogane to get back at her for the karaoke singing humiliation. And how the XXXing way that he dramatically improved from the singing session to resonate with her...the same way as a sea slug. it's truly MC Shirogane in the house, and seeing Kaguya sing-rapping being Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" reference to Hayasaka's diss tracking.

Maki is back at it again with the couple issues brought on by Nagisa and her boyfriend Tsubasa Kashiwagi, and there's none other than Ishigami who wants to instigate this further while Shirogane plays meditator in Maki's fiery love triangle, not to mention both guys' own as well with their crushes. 3 people sharing the same pain, it really doesn't feel too bad after all.

Dammit, this episode is superbly well done, not to mention entertaining. Special episodic ED, and it's lit.
May 6, 2022 10:53 AM

Apr 2020
Man loved this episode.
Hayasaka so cute!
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
May 6, 2022 10:54 AM

Jun 2020
This episode felt like some sort of trip.. I LOVE IT!

『歌』
◁  ❚❚  ▷
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
May 6, 2022 10:54 AM
Nov 2016
That ED rocks!

And they made best girl Chika look like a smoking hot babe in it too!

I cracked up when Maki thought "first time" meant kiss, which was a nice callback to Kaguya being just as innocent in the 1st season...
May 6, 2022 10:57 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
AotY 2022 baby!
animejas said:
The Maki segment in the final third stuck out like a sore thumb and wasn't that great, but the rest of the episode in the Rap arc was good, and the ending was great here, looked fantastic in particular and really the whole rap portion was well-directed in this episode (including the ending too with how that was animated so well). It was nice seeing a switchup with the Miyuki-Chika segments with not only having Miyuki train Chika to train him, but then having the actual rap segments involve Hayasaka and Kaguya like that to help Hayasaka out was cool too.

It wasn't close to being as fun as the Kongming rap episode which was just awesome from start to finish, especially with the back and forth throughout the majority of the episode and with the flows, but this one was a decent enough counterpart to it. It was a good episode overall with a final third that belonged in a different episode from this to be honest, to prevent it from being close to a great one. Although to be honest, while the rap segments were nice here, they weren't again offering the best that the series has offered up to this point. This whole season to be honest has definitely had the weakest first half among the three so far, something about the series feels a bit hollow currently that hopefully the second half should make up for.
What a stupid comment. But I don't really expect intelligence from MAL users so it is really not that big of a surprise.

Comparing Kongming to Kaguya-sama's rap segment is like comparing an ecchi anime's beach volleyball episode with Haikyuu.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 6, 2022 11:01 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
wow they really pulled out all the stops for this one and gave us a thematic ed to top it all off, my favorite episode of this season so far for sure.

they always seem to surprise me anew with how extraordinary the production of this show is and the rap segments exemplified this and were a joy to watch, it's like we got an anime music videos on par with an OP just within the episode, absolutely stellar.
betaweebMay 6, 2022 11:16 AM
Feb 2022
By far the best yet, first arc shot this series to the top of my all time favorites
Jul 2020
Damn!! what an episode.
The Manga just had the lines but Shinomiya rap was OP
May 6, 2022 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
The amount of effort that is being put in this show is outstanding and S3 is so far absolutely bonkers. Top work from all the teams involved.
Oh god who are you people?
May 6, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2020
Damn what an ep!! this is without doubt one of the best episode

I love Chika so much
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
May 6, 2022 11:04 AM
Feb 2021
one of the fav part finally got adapted fujimama x shirogane never disappoint

DEMOM MODEEEE
May 6, 2022 11:07 AM

Feb 2019
How does this show manage to get better and better every single episode? who would’ve thought the best rap anime episode of the week would’ve been this? Paripi Koumei collab when??

Was so nice to get a glimpse into how Hayasaka really feels too. She has put her whole life aside to help Kaguya and really doesn’t get those traditional teenage experiences. I hope she does soon since she’s best girl.

Maki with another great appearance too, quickly working her way up the best girl list for me in this series. Knows how to perfectly utilise her screen time lol.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

331 by JustalilPyu »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.