Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2022 10:01 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Mod Edit: Please only post in this thread once you see the episode. Posts asking where to watch the episode or claiming it hasn't come out yet will be removed.

I attended the LA premiere in Little Tokyo, and it was very fun! The otaku-related trials and tribulations were perfect for this particular audience! It was cool to see the special shout outs from the voice actors and parts of the event from Japan. Looking forward to the rest of the third season and its romance and funny antics!
anime-primeApr 3, 2022 8:51 AM
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 2, 2022 11:05 PM
Aug 2021
Was also at the LA premiere. The poster and tote bag things were pretty cool.
Apr 2, 2022 11:52 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned.

The user went to the official premiere, which was released earlier than the live television broadcast, which makes this a legitimately made episode thread. Please only post in this thread once you see the episode. Posts asking where to watch the episode or claiming it hasn't come out yet will be removed.
Apr 3, 2022 1:39 AM
Apr 2020
Went to the NYC premiere and I have to say that the first episode has such great laughs. You can even tell that the va’s had a fun time recording the ep. The tote and poster was so cool, and we got to see the VA’s special message to LA & NYC. :D
Apr 3, 2022 8:50 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned again.

Please only post in this thread once you see the episode. Posts asking where to watch the episode or claiming it hasn't come out yet will be removed.
Apr 3, 2022 11:31 AM

Aug 2021
Saw this at the LA premiere. It was hilarious! The crowd really added to the atmosphere, and really enhanced the experience in my opinion. It was cool to see the VA's personal message and whatnot. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season has in store
Apr 3, 2022 2:10 PM
Jun 2021
I suggest saying that this thread was made after the LA premier in the title so nobody else gets confused and we can keep the thread clean
Apr 3, 2022 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
Where Was the nyc premiere?
Apr 4, 2022 10:07 PM
Nov 2017
Will this be on Crunchyroll I’m guessing ?
Apr 5, 2022 10:04 AM
Apr 2020
Who tf are the 10% haters💀💀
Apr 8, 2022 8:10 AM

Feb 2018
Why do you feel annoyed just because Ishigami is in the student council room. Somehow I like their silence, at least please insert the wires properly, lol. Don't make people misunderstand. Why are camels there, lol. I don't know what you're listening to, lol... Is it a BL drama, lol. Even Miko still doesn't notice but yeah, the Ishigami situation... Ishigami really sacrificed for Miko, xD... What a gentleman

In-School Student Organization members on their way home after nothing happened. Kaguya is really an ojou-sama, no matter how many times I see Kaguya's house, it's still amazing. Is this the debut of Line? After Kaguya got the call. Hayasaka and Kaguya's moment so sweet. What is kidoku? 既読 = Read?

Somehow I felt that the scene when Kaguya received a call from Shirogane sounded erotic, with that sigh. Kaguya has just installed the line and she doesn't know what Kidoku is, like I do. Shirokane called to explain what Kidoku was but yeah I still don't seem to understand.

Dounikashinasai sign makes me lagu, xD... Though it was purely Kaguya's fault but yeah, Hayasaka managed to cover it up somehow.Fujiwara is very strong compared to Ishigami, lol... Even heavy stuff she can lift, and also she can even lift 2 big mountains.

Is it with the mouth of someone's strength that we have to do arm wrestling? Either way it's a decided tournament, lol. Ishigami vs Kaguya... What's up with Kaguya's right hand, lol... Ma, as a man Ishigami is really going through for Kaguya's sake, but yeah Kaguya really trained that because of the arrow extracurricular she did, it really was like op 2 and than Shirogane vs Fujiwara...

And for closing battle, Kaguya vs Shirogane that Was Intense fight, is this a pride fight? For some reason, they are nervous in arm wrestling... Romantic scenes can be done in a fight like this.And that's what happens when Kaguya gets serious, lol. Kinniku hime? Itnseem like Kaguya happy with those title, xD...

SyureriaApr 8, 2022 8:26 AM
Apr 8, 2022 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, Kaguya and her phone problems. At least she's got a smartphone now. I still love watching her and Hayasaka's chemistry in this series.

Chika was absolute fun to watch again too. Welcome back! Seriously, this anime never ceases to entertain me with its character chemistry and personalities. That arm wrestling segment was pure gold. Bring on more!
Apr 8, 2022 8:27 AM

May 2020
And finally it’s here………………. yes it is.

Starting right off with the godly voice of narrator-san, and well it didn’t take long enough diving straight into the utter madness, poor Miko though got busted even though Ishigami did everything to cover up that blunder or should I say the classic mistake. But well it wasn’t just Miko doing blunders today, Kaguya got her fair share too LMAO. Hayasaka you sly one, atleast have a thought about Shirogane, boy was about to have a heart attack lol.
Those red ruby eyes though…

We got a Chika special arm wrestling match too, and well as if we’re talking about an average arm wrestling match, intenseful through and through even though I was in sweats for god sake, phew… Superb start. SUPERB.

Jul 2021
Lmaooo I couldn’t stop laughing when Ishigami was listening to the inserted song heh and what the fuck was Miko listening to. Also, Hayasaka’s face is in the mood yes, very cautious towards Kaguya’s messaging Shirogane and that phone call was really something lol, also the Shirogane shadow transition was scary as heck that Kaguya is losing it. Hayasaka is with her high voice oh god that made Kaguya’s face is going real mad ;_;

Oh yes the wrestling segment and I legit thought they were playing the song “We will rock you” when Kaguya is going against Ishigami and Chika thinks she can win against Ishigami and lmao Ishigami himself is even humiliating her when she’s going against Shirogane xDD Poor Chika, better luck next time blob :3 Yay Kaguya won the wrestling against Shirogane but that does give her some romance ambience between her and Shirogane mhm mhm.

Also OP has an interesting direction, I like the moment where Kaguya was running into different settings

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 2017
The greatest rom-com is back for another season of battle, Plus Ultra Romantic! Nuff said.

King of Pop Masayuki Suzuki is back and the OPs are always boppers.

Miko wants soothing music 3 ways, but Ishigami breaks the silence, and Chika is just being Chika lols. But man, Ishigami continues to be Best Supportive Male to protect Miko...but damn she still earns an L for the unplugged experience.

Kaguya's first experience of using LINE (much less a smartphone) to converse with the others, and what a feeling for Hayasaka to stare at her advances to leave messages read and not replying to parties, just because she didn't know how it works. The psychological virtual romance battle is just as frenetic as the school life equivalent, and Hayasaka constantly lying and silently keeping mum is such a tease, ending in everyone's loss.

OOH fighting girl Chika Fujiwara, and she wants to challenge everyone to arm wrestling to prove her superiority. Ishigami vs. Kaguya for a start, and the archery club girl is just too much for the average weakling. Shirogane vs. Chika, and this is the norm for her to cheat her way though. And finally Kaguya vs. Shirogane, and it's a battle of pride...but more like holding hands and prolonging time as long as they can, then getting flustered to claim the Muscle Queen Kaguya's win...Princess Muscle!

Great return! The peak rom-com is back to smack all rom-coms to shame.
KANLen09Apr 8, 2022 11:50 AM
Apr 8, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Rogersss said:
Will this be on Crunchyroll I’m guessing ?
Yes, it has always been this way since Season 1.
Apr 8, 2022 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
Iino has some really nice music choice lol. Props to Ishigami for trying his best to save her.

The Line part was hilarious, it's always amusing with Hayasaka involved. Arm wrestling part was quite amusing too, Kaguya ended up with a weird title thou.

Good start to this season, OP song was okay. Previous ones were far better. Also this is just the start of the season yet I'm already hyped af to see the festival arc animated. This season will be epic.
MegamiRemApr 10, 2022 5:40 AM
Apr 8, 2022 8:29 AM

Aug 2021
such a great episode i expected nothing less from kaguya AND THE OPENING IS SUCH A BANGER WTF
Apr 8, 2022 8:29 AM

May 2021
Kaguya Sama Love Is War is back and Ishigami is still my favorite.

Apr 8, 2022 8:31 AM

Sep 2019
Naruleach said:
Mod Edit: Please only post in this thread once you see the episode. Posts asking where to watch the episode or claiming it hasn't come out yet will be removed.

I attended the LA premiere in Little Tokyo, and it was very fun! The otaku-related trials and tribulations were perfect for this particular audience! It was cool to see the special shout outs from the voice actors and parts of the event from Japan. Looking forward to the rest of the third season and its romance and funny antics!
can you do anything about fake episode ratings?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Apr 8, 2022 8:34 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Bust a nut before the episode even started airing and ended up creaming my pants again anyway.

Let's fucking go, we already off to a great start. The only bad thing about this episode was that it came to an end.

The OP and ED are eh, but anime songs are cringe anyway so who cares.

Already better than every episode of AoT Final season combined. Just 11 more episodes to go before it cements itself as the single greatest piece of audiovisual medium.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 8, 2022 8:39 AM

Jun 2019
Ah yes... I missed all of them. Seeing Kaguya and her finally getting a smartphone was fun to see. Along with that, my girl, Hayasaka, Shirogane, Ishigami, and Chika, of course. Really enjoyed seeing them once again.

LOL. Chika's arm-wrestling part was just so funny. Great start to this season. I'm definitely looking forward to more of this season as well. The OP is really good. Nice.
Apr 8, 2022 8:46 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It hasn't even been that long but I'm so glad this is back already with 3 segments for the week!

Got to give it to Ishigami in the first despite his vain attempt to prevent embarrassing her. Some of his reactions at the start were precious though, definitely lost my composure when that ikemen voice in Umehara Yuuichiro-san played too. Iino-chan sure loves hearing anything and everything in the name of "healing music" xD.

And then, going on to save her by taking a bit for the team. How'd Iino-chan not try and confirm to see if things were okay on her end. It's hilarious that she froze up to the extent that she couldn't even pause the music, lol. Ishigami-kun's kyun kyun song was on point too. If you're going down, don't hold back. Lesson well learned, Ishigami.

Back to Kaguya and her inexperience with tech. Line debut, it was about time honestly. Didn't think it'd circle around the read system but if it's as good as this, I'll take it any day. Hayasaka really tried but the lie came back to bite her, lol. For a second, I thought Shirogane had it in the bag but creds to Kaguya for devising that masterful plan out of the blue and turning the cards around. God, please save Shirogane's soul. That was too close yet so far. Spare a thought for the others too having to get caught up in this 4D psychological battle.

Arm-wrestling to finish proceedings for the first episode. Chika's strength impressed me at first but then she got caught red-handed yet again. It's impressive that she still comes up with such despite her failed attempts so far.

I'd a feeling Kaguya would be a force to reckon with but to that incredible extent? Well, I'll be damned. Poor Ishigami got obliterated. Thankfully for him, Fujiwara joined him.

Sweat avoidance, that's the downfall rise of Kaguya-sama. Muscle Queen remarks xD. Imagine being called that by the guy you fancy. My condolences...

Can't say it's a banger of an Op just yet (similar to the previous two which actually grew on me with each passing episode) but the visuals certainly kicked!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 8, 2022 8:59 AM

Sep 2019
cchigu said:
Bust a nut before the episode even started airing and ended up creaming my pants again anyway.

Let's fucking go, we already off to a great start. The only bad thing about this episode was that it came to an end.

The OP and ED are eh, but anime songs are cringe anyway so who cares.

Already better than every episode of AoT Final season combined. Just 11 more episodes to go before it cements itself as the single greatest piece of audiovisual medium.

5/5
AOT is here too. AOT don't leave you. I like it.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Apr 8, 2022 9:06 AM

Nov 2016
Great to have this back. I had my issues with the drama of S2, but the manga content of this season convinced me of the greatness again. Hope the anime will go beyond expectations and deliver.

cchigu said:

Bruh 💀 lmao

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2022 9:55 AM

Aug 2021
I swear AOT gets in every thread for every anime discussion, for good or for worse.
Apr 8, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
Might just be me but I found this episode to be a little weak and flat for a return episode for this franchise, and the opening song seemingly for this season sounded way too similar to the second season's one for me. The humor didn't click too much (first segment and the muscle segment were meh), but the directing was solid like the first 2 seasons. It should definitely get better though with the upcoming episodes.
Apr 8, 2022 10:04 AM

Aug 2021
animejas said:
Might just be me but I found this episode to be a little weak and flat for a return episode for this franchise, and the opening song seemingly for this season sounded way too similar to the second season's one for me. The humor didn't click too much (first segment and the muscle segment were meh), but the directing was solid like the first 2 seasons. It should definitely get better though with the upcoming episodes.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I guarantee you that this season should be the best of kaguya sama from a manga reader. I do agree with the op, it didn't click for me yet, but hey these ops take some time to get to you.
Apr 8, 2022 10:04 AM
May 2021
Lets goo we backk!! Peak samaaas
Apr 8, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2017
Hellothere31 said:
animejas said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I guarantee you that this season should be the best of kaguya sama from a manga reader. I do agree with the op, it didn't click for me yet, but hey these ops take some time to get to you.

I have read it and I know the best material will be in this season, but that'll be in a month or two. I didn't enjoy this premiere episode that much (probably the weakest episode among all 25 that have aired in the franchise overall with only the OVA being worse) but I'm confident that I'll get into this season with the next few episodes before the final bunch that manga readers are hyped over.
Apr 8, 2022 10:08 AM

Sep 2021
kaguya is back and what a chapter, it was really funny especially the first part with ishigami and the headphones lmao, the OP song is really good but the visuals are kinda meh at ĺeast for me
Apr 8, 2022 10:08 AM

May 2021
Peak of the peak romcom is back. Loved how episode started with the "Shuuchin is back", continuing directly from the end of the second season.

Ishigami's sacrifice shall be remembered by me. Also appreciate the Discord foreshadowing.

Chika: Kaichou, let's fight fair and square. Teehee.
RioFSApr 8, 2022 10:35 AM

Apr 8, 2022 10:11 AM

Jul 2016
Kaguya sama is back and its a banger premier. The callback last season is a nice details, that its so much better transition to the new season.

The comedic timing is great as always and the student council shenanigans is hilarious to watch. The number of references this episode is amazing. Even animation is upped this episode, and its smooth with great directing.

The OP song is catchy with nice details. The visuals is pretty. Overall great pilot episode

Apr 8, 2022 10:15 AM
Oct 2016
Had a smile on my face this whole episode! Its beyond nice to have Kaguya sama back! I've missed this seeing these characters animated. The manga is nice too but the anime elevates it so well with the performances and the visual flair the animators bring. The Kaguya sama anime is handled with immense care. This premiere brought back all the joy of watching the previous seasons those years ago. Jumping right in with Ishigami and Iino struggling with her earphones not being plugged in. Iino has an interesting diverse set of soothing sounds. I went through all the emotions Ishigami did listening to Iino different sounds. First nice ambient noise, then weird camels, then pretty boys with compliments, going from one end of the spectrum and back again. Ishigami did his best to save face for Iino but she still couldn't get out of her own way.

Kaguya still doesn't have a grasp on the ins and outs of how a social media messenger app like Line works. We don't have that stateside but it seems to work the same as any usual messaging app works. Kaguya with her naivety and inexperience digging a massive hole for herself staring at Shirogane messages for literal hours. Ayasaka being forced to concoct this fake story to save Kaguya. Chika also in the last segment dug herself a hole offering the arm wrestling challenge. Having go cheat and use messed up hand positions to win, so low. Chika couldn't even beat Ishigami at the very end, proving herself the weakest of the student council. I knew that once Kaguya and Shirogane were the finalists they'd just stay holding hands for as long as possible. The opportunity was too great to pass up. Kaguya ultimately winning after a sweaty hand freak out. Our muscle queen!! Only one episode and we already have a strong comedy of the year candidate
Apr 8, 2022 10:21 AM

Oct 2020
I had tears in my eyes from laughing, Kaguya sama is back great first epsiode.
Apr 8, 2022 10:25 AM

Jun 2016
BANGER song

man this is still very good !!! 9/10
Apr 8, 2022 10:30 AM

Jul 2020
Kaguya-sama is back and it came back with a bang. Loved the premiere episode.

The wrestling segment especially absolutely slays me and seeing these lovable dorks on screen again is so fun to see.

5/5 obviously but yall knew that already
Apr 8, 2022 10:31 AM

Nov 2018
IT'S FINALLY BACK! Free 10/10, good as always, next friday when?

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Apr 8, 2022 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, I've missed this.

Kaguya not knowing about read receipt and Miyuki explaining to him like he has caught her off guard was awesome. Luckily Kaguya had Hayasaka to bail her out but it came at the cost of making it difficult for Miyuki to message Kaguya. xD

The arm wrestling was glorious especially the exaggeration of Kaguya vs Miyuki.

Can't wait for more episodes.
Apr 8, 2022 10:33 AM
Apr 2020
ABSOLUTE PEAK!

MASTERCLASS!

BRILLIANCE!

Never in my life have I held my mouth open for so long, displaying a grin greater than that of a crescent moon. My depression has been cured, my headaches healed. This adaptation is such an astonishing artistic achievement, even my awe has been inspired! It`s shere greatness can not be captured with mere words. 25 minutes flew by so fast, it`s safe to say it transcends the very time continuum.

Jokes aside, the passion put into this genuinely makes for possibly one of the best examples of manga adaptation ever, I`m not kidding. It`s absolutely perfect. Really, more than what I could have ever expected or asked for. A-1 have solidified a goat-status with this alone, by far the best thing they have ever done as a studio lmao.

Safe to say, the first episode lived up to the hype and then some.

10/10
Apr 8, 2022 10:36 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021

Great start for new season, 5/5
kizumi91Apr 8, 2022 3:39 PM
Apr 8, 2022 10:36 AM
Nov 2019
First episode and I'm already on tears. God I missed this anime.

I loved all three segments, but the smartphone one was the best imo.

Apr 8, 2022 10:37 AM
Jan 2021
Was smiling and laughing the whole episode, amazing first episode. 10/10
Apr 8, 2022 10:38 AM
Jan 2017
I have never laughed this hard in a long time, this episode is a masterpiece.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Apr 8, 2022 10:48 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Kaguya-sama is back and better than ever. Man, I can't tell which was more hilarious between Kaguya's LINE debut causing chaos for Shirogane or the arm wrestling match in which Chicka got exposed for cheating. It's nice having the King of Love Song do the OP once again. Kaguya-sama wouldn't be the same if someone else did the OP.
Apr 8, 2022 10:49 AM
Jan 2021
Seriously it only the first episode and its already made my week. ngl but miko has a damn good playlist, poor ishigami sacrificed himself and it was all for nothing but at least he won the arm wrestle against chika.
Apr 8, 2022 10:51 AM

Mar 2021
W EPISODE W PRODUCTION W MUSIC W OPENING W MASAYUKI SUZUKI W ACTION W COMEDY

PEAK ROMCOM IS HERE AND MY WEEK IS ALREADY MADE

Apr 8, 2022 10:52 AM

Jul 2012
The gang's all back together again! Oh how I missed this so much. The whole episode was great. The headphone jack and read receipts are such trivial things but so true and they made it hilarious. Ishigami is definitely a scene stealer.

What a great start so far. Can't wait to see more!
Apr 8, 2022 10:53 AM

Dec 2019
Finally the aots of the season is here. Man I missed this show so much

I love this show so damn much

Peak sama

10/10 idk what else to say but this is peak anime imo
Apr 8, 2022 10:55 AM
Dec 2021
This episode is a good episode.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2022

168 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.