Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Freid gives off a scary vibe and could possibly be one of Hajime's biggest threats in the show, or even the franchise so far.

On the other hand, maybe Hajime and his friends shouldn't of went that deep in that world in the first place. Tense battle though. Hajime knew Freid isn't a pushover and didn't hold back much. This feels like a protagonist running into a difficulty curve in a video game.
Jan 27, 2022 7:57 AM

Jul 2017
Man, the Grand Gruen Volcano is one of Hajime's tougher challenges, that stream of light almost decimated his existence, and thank god for the harem which provides the only source of protection.

And turns out it's from the demons lead by the God's Disciple Freid Bagwa, which the attack came from his dragon Uranos. Freid is no child's play, and it ostensibly shows. Even Tio going back on her dragonborn roots to par against Uranos, Freid is just trouble for first impressions.

Escaping out of the volcano, Hajime has always put others in front of him to count on things that he can't do, such as Tio translating the message out on behalf.

Nice to see Shizuku back again homing her sword skills, meow. Daisuke is more of a Hajime-hater heretic and the same obssessed Kaori fanatic, and will always be a hater of the most envy given how much Hajime's progressed stronger and faster than them. No surprise that Eri will try to taunt him into his crimes to defeat Hajime once and for all.

This episode is easily the most impressive animation production so far when considering both seasons.
KANLen09Jan 27, 2022 8:01 AM
Jan 27, 2022 8:13 AM
Feb 2018
Well, great!
First episode stareted up with a cliffhanger, that would probably take place in the end of the series.
Second episode ended up with a cliffhanger.
Third episode started up with a previous cliffhanger, taking away 35 seconds of screentime + 2 min 40 sec of opening/ending.
Oh, yeah. The episode three also ends up in a semi-cliffhanger!
<UPD>
Tortoises riding dragons? OMG!!
ghtyujkkpkohkjbJan 27, 2022 9:06 AM
Jan 27, 2022 9:23 AM

Jun 2021
I loved this episode!

Hajime and all his girls are fucking awesome :)
Jan 27, 2022 9:40 AM

Sep 2020
Hajime and co, except Tio are stuck in the volcano

2nd half is the prologue of one of the most satisfying arcs
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Jan 27, 2022 10:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well seems like this opponent will definitely be annoying, but that was some interesting development for Tio, especially with that sado-masochism ability xD it fits her for sure
Jan 27, 2022 11:31 AM
Dec 2021
This episode was solid 9 i guess it's time for another power up
Jan 27, 2022 11:54 AM

Feb 2019
Pacing was a little better today, CGI did NOT improve from season 1 sadly. Cool to see how Hajime has grown to truly accept his companions as not just tools but legitimate friends he can rely on. Leaving it to Tio to deliver the message was really sweet.
Jan 27, 2022 11:54 AM
May 2021
Man compared to 1st season, 3DCGI in this season is good and that's why action scenes are ok.
Jan 27, 2022 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
Lapped it up and loved it. Thank the anime gods we have something exciting to watch with mad-ass battles and sit back and enjoy popcorn crazy story. I have a few favs this season on shows, but at the moment this is the only one peaking my excitement on wild fantasy battles.

Probably helps we into 2nd season so we have more feels for characters and are better emotionally invested in them, but things just keep kicking off, and kicking off the better!

Lets go, next episode pls!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 27, 2022 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
Marinate1016 said:
Pacing was a little better today, CGI did NOT improve from season 1 sadly. Cool to see how Hajime has grown to truly accept his companions as not just tools but legitimate friends he can rely on. Leaving it to Tio to deliver the message was really sweet.

It has improved significantly, but if your coming from the blue ray version it isn't as noticeable (the tv version was something of legends).

Also the cgi itself for dragons seems to be especially hard to animate, i've seen it in alot of series with cgi dragons, they just can't seem to get them right unless they give them the hollywood treatment.
Jan 27, 2022 1:04 PM

Feb 2019
Tatsuya said:
Marinate1016 said:

It has improved significantly, but if your coming from the blue ray version it isn't as noticeable (the tv version was something of legends).

Also the cgi itself for dragons seems to be especially hard to animate, i've seen it in alot of series with cgi dragons, they just can't seem to get them right unless they give them the hollywood treatment.

Nah the cgi is still ass.
Jan 27, 2022 1:05 PM
Feb 2021
Marinate1016 said:
The CGI improved drastically, what are you on about? Smoother animations, no clipping, it’s not the best, but it’s still an improvement over last season.
Jan 27, 2022 1:05 PM

Feb 2019
Legonator said:
Marinate1016 said:
The CGI improved drastically, what are you on about? Smoother animations, no clipping, it’s not the best, but it’s still an improvement over last season.

I’m on about exactly what I said.
Jan 27, 2022 1:51 PM
May 2020
hajime is just built different to survive that surprise attack lol
Jan 27, 2022 2:00 PM

Apr 2015
Masochist dragon saves the day! Well Hajime himself was just as impressive, taking that beam and still living.

Dragon CGI has definitely improved, was worth to watch and not cast it aside due to the sheer quality of S1.
Jan 27, 2022 2:42 PM
Jul 2021
The edgelord got his ass kicked but still had enough to drive off demon dude temporarily, with help from dragon girl. CGI was worse than episode 1 but still a huge improvement over season 1. Characters actually moved this episode instead of stiffly standing around like in the last. This is the best epi so far, and this show is so much better without the stupid filler harem antics bogging it down. Solid 6/10 episode.
Jan 27, 2022 2:52 PM

May 2015
Lol this is so unbelievably dumb, but I can't stop watching solid 6/10 as well
Jan 27, 2022 3:39 PM

Dec 2021
It was good episode, just random demon spawn out nowhere to ambush whole party, and again CLIFFHANGER bruh. Idk CGI dragon still bad, but i see CGI black improve slightly. i really hope 2D dragon instead cgi tbh.
Jan 27, 2022 4:04 PM

Jun 2017
Hajime did pretty good considering he survived a direct hit from that dragon breath. lol
I bet he will torture the shit out of that demon dude once he catches him.
Still I wonder how they will escape the volcano, maybe instead of going up they could go down? But Hajime still has his material shaping powers too so I guess he could just make some kind of tunnel to keep the lava out.
Jan 27, 2022 6:12 PM
Jul 2021
BEST episode of the entire series for me. Holy shit, so glad he's actually threatened. And Tio's scene was EPIC. Also isn't that Tengen's VA? What a great villain.
Jan 27, 2022 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
Hajime managed to hold for so long, damn! I wonder how he and the others survived.
Also, Tio's presence was really good in this episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 27, 2022 7:47 PM
Jan 2022
CGI is slightly worse than last episode, but still watchable. Nice to see them working together against Freid, especially Tio with her black dragon form.

Is that cat actually the queen?

Overall nice episode.
Jan 27, 2022 8:08 PM

Sep 2018
I'm not sure if it's the animation/CGI or the color palette or possibly a combination of both, but that was really jarring to watch. You would have hoped that after such a long break between seasons that the quality would have improved, but no.....
Jan 27, 2022 11:23 PM

Apr 2021
Fight me, Shizuku-nyan indeed the best girl.

Jan 27, 2022 11:35 PM

Jul 2014
I have a question, if Shea can see the future, why didn't she see the ambush?

Also how did the bad guy found out, when she did nothing during the fight?
Jan 27, 2022 11:39 PM
Jun 2021
KANLen09 said:
Man, the Grand Gruen Volcano is one of Hajime's tougher challenges, that stream of light almost decimated his existence, and thank god for the harem which provides the only source of protection.

And turns out it's from the demons lead by the God's Disciple Freid Bagwa, which the attack came from his dragon Uranos. Freid is no child's play, and it ostensibly shows. Even Tio going back on her dragonborn roots to par against Uranos, Freid is just trouble for first impressions.

Escaping out of the volcano, Hajime has always put others in front of him to count on things that he can't do, such as Tio translating the message out on behalf.

Nice to see Shizuku back again homing her sword skills, meow. Daisuke is more of a Hajime-hater heretic and the same obssessed Kaori fanatic, and will always be a hater of the most envy given how much Hajime's progressed stronger and faster than them. No surprise that Eri will try to taunt him into his crimes to defeat Hajime once and for all.

This episode is easily the most impressive animation production so far when considering both seasons.

Is that Eri part a spoiler or did i miss or forget something?
Jan 28, 2022 1:04 AM

Feb 2018
Kernal-MAL said:
KANLen09 said:

Is that Eri part a spoiler or did i miss or forget something?

Definitely a spoiler lol
Jan 28, 2022 1:37 AM
Mar 2019
I was hoping that this show would try to help bring light to what’s happening after so much was skipped in S1. That entire fight was fire! I could go on for an HOUR explaining why everything in this show has exceedingly improved. Pacing still on point. Nothing felt skipped. They even animated SHIZUKU-NYAN!!! And that whole scene with Daisuke and that mysterious person was really good. I’m SO glad they brought that plot point to light because it’s waaay to good to skip. Best episode in the series so far! Take a 9/10 for that!
Jan 28, 2022 5:01 AM

May 2018
It's been a long time since Hajime's been hurt this badly. I like it
Jan 28, 2022 5:02 AM

Jun 2016
this is badass !!!
Jan 28, 2022 6:28 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
I actually like the animation now, way better than S1s CGI.

The girls are still great.
Jan 28, 2022 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
Finally some damn Tio development! You all noticed when she got the ring it went on her left Ring "finger" right?...yeahhh boy

Shizuku cat was the best part of the episode. ^_^
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 28, 2022 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
The animation might be better but the anime is still very mediocre.
Jan 28, 2022 6:50 PM
Jan 2022
What makes this anime bad is the fact that they don't put feelings and different attributes to the characters,the show it self doesn't have atmosphere look at when hajime got his hand bitten off and when crazy for instance it could've been better animated and the script for the characters could've been better written
Jan 28, 2022 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
This show is still edgy...nothing more nothing less
2/5.

Jan 29, 2022 7:46 PM
Mar 2012
Tio & cg dragons especially look better. Lol Tio got the crossbit ring, skipped a few steps there. Cool fight but they're ambushed & out numbered.
Lots of Hajime enemies shaping up but direction still unclear.

Jan 30, 2022 12:06 AM

Oct 2017
Been a while since Hajime's struggled like this, that surprise attack really got him good. The action scenes were meh thou. Also looks like more troubles coming towards him.
Jan 30, 2022 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
It's a good thing Hajime survived that attack. He really did struggle there. Freid

Shizuku-nyan was amusing. Liliana is lucky to see that.

Jan 31, 2022 7:07 PM

Jan 2020
Cgi looks better, obviously 2D would be more preferable but I'm fine with the CGI shown here. It's not gonna be the best like in Houseki no Kuni or AoT but at least it's not the worst like Berserk.
Feb 21, 2022 6:03 PM

Aug 2017
They are stuck in the volcano but at least Tio escaped. Finally a competent antagonist? I hope so.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 26, 2022 2:49 AM

Nov 2019
Finally something to challenge Hajime and it took him by surprise as well, hope Tio makes it out to deliver the stillstone.
Apr 30, 2022 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
Leo said:

Shizuku-nyan was amusing. Liliana is lucky to see that.

moments like that are hilarious lol
May 31, 2022 3:41 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see Tio instead of being the pervert in the background now getting some spotlight by being a pervert in the foreground especially with that masochist ability boost.

Jun 16, 2022 8:11 PM

Jan 2021
I wonder what item Hajime will get to make up for the temporary loss of his ring

Sep 18, 2022 6:27 AM

Apr 2013
Why didn't they just escape on Tio's back? Does he need to stay in that volcano for some reason?
Feb 28, 2023 1:01 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Bro with his waifus fighting in the Nether.
Mar 6, 2023 10:42 AM

Nov 2010
Tio's dragon form looks better this season. That pain conversion passive skill is nice. lol
Decent action in this episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

84 by MarcosJesus »»
Apr 18, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

109 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 7, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2022

116 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

31 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2022

66 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.