Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 10, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
I'm happy for Myuu, seeing she's able to be together with her mother again.

Shia somehow became the center of jokes again. On a serious note, I'm somewhat impressed by the magic levels of Hajime's friends. He and Kaori had some cute chemistry though this episode imo. They should get more screen time together.
Feb 10, 2022 8:06 AM

Apr 2014
That undersea dungeon was a very tough one. Even Hajima cannot handle it.
Keep your chin up! Believe in yourself, Kaori. You can do it!
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 10, 2022 8:09 AM
May 2020
Hajime your cold blooded dawg. But yeah Kaori needed to hear that, hopefully she responds in a positive way next episode. also it felt weird seeing a harem protag being that real with his harem. Almost kind of refreshing.
DaOneWhoIsWorthyFeb 10, 2022 8:23 AM
Feb 10, 2022 8:34 AM
Jul 2021
So awesome, just reading the LN and just got passed this part. Btw I just saw the Author said the LN is ending 😫😭, that sucks. figured he'd keep going considering the Anime might boost the popularity.
Feb 10, 2022 8:39 AM
Feb 2022
DKDiabloLicht said:
So awesome, just reading the LN and just got passed this part. Btw I just saw the Author said the LN is ending 😫😭, that sucks. figured he'd keep going considering the Anime might boost the popularity.

Well there might be LN of the afterstory... which is already on WN version, and it's great (albeit not in proper time sequence).
Feb 10, 2022 8:41 AM

Oct 2017
Felt bad for Kaori but no worries girl, you can do it. Also hope nothing bad happens to sensei.
Feb 10, 2022 8:42 AM
Jul 2021
JustADude16 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

Well there might be LN of the afterstory... which is already on WN version, and it's great (albeit not in proper time sequence).

Nice, yeah I read part of it. I REALLY would love to see that in Anime form but considering it doesn't seem to be very popular I won't hold my breath. Hopefully the better animation of Season 2 and seemingly a more cohesive story might help get us more seasons. 🙏🤞
Feb 10, 2022 8:43 AM

Feb 2018
Yeah Kaori needed to hear that but i hope she doesn't take it in a bad way and give up, you can do it Kaori
Feb 10, 2022 8:47 AM
Feb 2022
Also, I was looking forward to this and next episodes due to the inner-conflict of Kaori that we saw. As a LN reader, it was definitely amongst my favourite parts of Vol. 5, if not the most favourite. Looking forward to the resolution now. And props to Hajime for giving it straight to her while not being too aggressive. Just gave her what she needed to understand.
Feb 10, 2022 8:48 AM
Feb 2022
DKDiabloLicht said:
JustADude16 said:

Nice, yeah I read part of it. I REALLY would love to see that in Anime form but considering it doesn't seem to be very popular I won't hold my breath. Hopefully the better animation of Season 2 and seemingly a more cohesive story might help get us more seasons. 🙏🤞

Yup. If we could get another season after the disaster that was S1 (IMHO), S3 must happen now.
Feb 10, 2022 8:50 AM

Mar 2013
Hajime plainly rejected Kaori's old and sincere feelings for him, I can't believe he did that. I was actually hoping for the two of them, ugh... 😔😥
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 10, 2022 8:54 AM
Feb 2022
astralkill00 said:
Hajime plainly rejected Kaori's old and sincere feelings for him, I can't believe he did that. I was actually hoping for the two of them, ugh... 😔😥

No, he only made it clear that Yue will be special to him no matter what happens. And if she can't stand that, she should distance herself from him. Shea was a perfect example, as she went from being a punching bag to being a comrade. But if Kaori gets too hung up on comparing herself with Yue negatively, she'll only bring herself and the team down. Basically, she has to either take the relationship in stride, or leave the group, for everyone's sake.
Feb 10, 2022 9:01 AM

Mar 2013
JustADude16 said:
astralkill00 said:

No, he only made it clear that Yue will be special to him no matter what happens. And if she can't stand that, she should distance herself from him. Shea was a perfect example, as she went from being a punching bag to being a comrade. But if Kaori gets too hung up on comparing herself with Yue negatively, she'll only bring herself and the team down. Basically, she has to either take the relationship in stride, or leave the group, for everyone's sake.

I mean, yeah (I probably worded it out wrongly) but Kaori will never be that kind of "special one" like Yue for Hajime. he is saying Kaori will never be no. 1, that's actually what I'm sad about. 😔

Anyway, I can't wait what kind of answer Kaori will give to Hajime.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 10, 2022 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
CGI everywhere. Also a bit of ecchiness.
Feb 10, 2022 9:16 AM
Feb 2022
astralkill00 said:
JustADude16 said:

I mean, yeah (I probably worded it out wrongly) but Kaori will never be that kind of "special one" like Yue for Hajime. he is saying Kaori will never be no. 1, that's actually what I'm sad about. 😔

Anyway, I can't wait what kind of answer Kaori will give to Hajime.

Oh I can understand. But I like it better, and that wouldn't have changed even if Kaori was my favourite instead of 3rd favourite. He's decisive about it, unlike your typical harem MC.

And yes, I have read the next part, and I can guarantee you it'll be a pretty good answer!
Feb 10, 2022 9:22 AM
Mar 2021
i don't like kaori and they force us to watch an entire episode about her
Feb 10, 2022 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Myu is back with her mother, and that's where her section of the story ends while Hajime and gang with Kaori continue on with their conquest into the Sunken Ruins of Melusine.

The usual hijinks ensue of "weak" monsters and the harem of girls wanting to inch closer to Hajime to occupy Myu's position...well except for one, the slime regenerating monster that feels close to the usual Great Labyrinth standard that gave everyone a great deal of trouble.

An uncommon ally of a spatial divide separates the gang, and they're not out of the Labyrinth just yet. Both Hajime and Kaori experienced quite the illusion of a ship wars re-creation, which is the concept of this Labyrinth's Liberator. On the topic of Kaori's affection to Hajime, it's very clear that Hajime always valued Yue, and as more females like Shea and Tio came along, they've become comrades, but Yue will always be his saving grace of survival to love wholeheartedly. Kaori literally stood no chance from the very beginning.

Try as you might, Kaori, to the best you can.
Feb 10, 2022 9:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm some dungeon exploration with the group but of course it wouldn't be that easy, though Hajime is really harsh with Kaori even though it's quite deserved since she always devalues ​​herself and isn't too useful in the group compared to the other one... well yeah, Yue is the ultimate winner from the beginning
Feb 10, 2022 10:19 AM

Feb 2021
I don't care about the graphics anymore but the adventure line was great, eager to watch the next episode
Feb 10, 2022 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
kinda boring episode but the end of it was interesting
Feb 10, 2022 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
Tsubasavo said:
Yeah Kaori needed to hear that but i hope she doesn't take it in a bad way and give up, you can do it Kaori

She had her chance and blew it. Hajime had a life changing experience and she is lucky she is even part of of his new life or anyone else associated it with that event. With Kaori so indecisive, how can you trust that? It nearly killed him the first time.

Yue has the personality of a door knob
Feb 10, 2022 1:23 PM

May 2015
Good grief this just gets dumber by the week...and yet I can't stop watching
Feb 10, 2022 1:29 PM

Jan 2017
I loved this episode finally Satou Rina's character appears. Poor Kaori, but I understand why Hajime said what he said.
Feb 10, 2022 1:55 PM
Sep 2015
a Protagonist in a harem that clearly say wich waifu he love and that noone else has a chance vs her...
well, never expect to see that in my whole life, props out to hajime^^

s2 is by far much better than s1 and im really glad that i keep watching this show, i think i gonna start the novel too soon
Feb 10, 2022 2:30 PM
Apr 2020
This is best thing about this harem mc.
No matter what happen Yue always special for him.
It's the charm of this serise 😊
Abhinandan2002Feb 10, 2022 3:05 PM
Feb 10, 2022 2:46 PM

Oct 2015
What on earth was that latter part of the episode. Brutal man. Hajime is ruthless.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Feb 10, 2022 3:03 PM

Aug 2020
Hajime finally talks seriously with Kaori. Time to fix this!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 10, 2022 3:06 PM

Jun 2021
Im sorry for Kaori, but Yue is the best girl by far. Hajime is super deep in love with her

Anime_Addicter_Feb 10, 2022 3:19 PM
Feb 10, 2022 3:12 PM

Jun 2017
Kaori is annoying I am glad Hajime told her straight into the face to gtfo if she can't keep up. lol
Feb 10, 2022 4:20 PM
Dec 2021
Big respect for Hajime being so blunt, but honest. “She my number one. Deal with it.” Haha
Feb 10, 2022 4:37 PM
Mar 2014
GeekNewz said:
i don't like kaori and they force us to watch an entire episode about her
I couldn't agree more, kaori is super annoying, lol
Feb 10, 2022 4:58 PM
Aug 2021
He laid it out for Kaori, he has his solid line and he won't move it an inch. Been waiting on that for a bit now
Feb 10, 2022 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
Kaori got her heart crushed but it was going for it, but i believe maybe in the future we will see something but who knows.
If she wants Hajime to notice her then she gotta do her best.

Oh and also, Kaorie doesn't know 1/1000th of what Hajime went through by himself and later with Yue.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 10, 2022 7:30 PM

Nov 2011
How the hell does Kaori have 2000+ favorites? She is by far the worst character so far in this series. Jesus and the fact that Hajime lays the truth down on her made this episode better. Which wasn't hard because this episode was boring AF.

Give me more Shizuku. She's awesome.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 10, 2022 8:47 PM
Dec 2020
Fuck you hajime, why did you did to kaori
Feb 10, 2022 8:51 PM
Dec 2020
why did you say that? even though when Hajime was only a burden that helped only Kaori, at the time of the incident in the dungeon it wasn't because Kaori didn't want to help, but really couldn't, mc should have thought about it
Feb 11, 2022 12:24 AM
Feb 2022
hn_ace said:
why did you say that? even though when Hajime was only a burden that helped only Kaori, at the time of the incident in the dungeon it wasn't because Kaori didn't want to help, but really couldn't, mc should have thought about it

He's talking about the current situation, not what happened before. She was constantly being self-reproaching, and that wasn't helping anyone. The past had nothing to do with what he said. If anything, he accepted her in the party because he was grateful for her care. But because he is grateful, he understands this attitude she has is only negative for her.
Feb 11, 2022 3:27 AM
Dec 2021
Love hiw straight forward the guy is....
Feb 11, 2022 3:39 AM

May 2014
SoraSenpai said:
How the hell does Kaori have 2000+ favorites? She is by far the worst character so far in this series. Jesus and the fact that Hajime lays the truth down on her made this episode better. Which wasn't hard because this episode was boring AF.

Give me more Shizuku. She's awesome.

because LN. Anime S1 skipped almost all of Kaori's scenes in the anime, so she looked liked some harem member that joined after being reunited with MC when it's much more than that. Also, I think it's cuz of Kaori's character in the LN after this. Not sure since I only read volume 1-4 (which S1 covered and rushed to fuck)
Feb 11, 2022 9:45 AM
May 2020
hajime had to be harsh near the end there
Feb 11, 2022 10:53 AM

May 2018
Yue is still best girl so Kaori does need a lot of catching up to do
Feb 11, 2022 12:53 PM

Feb 2019
Hate seeing Hajime do my baby kaori like that, she deserves better. But on the other hand it is good for development that her entire character doesn’t revolve around an inferiority complex
Feb 12, 2022 1:00 AM
Aug 2021
One of the top five anime rejection I have ever seen. I honestly don't like any of the girls, except maybe sensei but even that is debatable. Yet when that uppercut of a rejection came even I felt bad for Kaori.
I was expecting to see her fans here but surprisingly she isn't very well liked. Oh well.
It's unique that the MC has picked a girl but I don't know, I don't dig Yue's superiority complex. She should learn from Dia in The world's best assassin.
Feb 12, 2022 4:00 PM

Aug 2013
This labyrinth was tricky for the gang with the slime and illusions in the end.

Hajime was brutally honest with Kaori and said what was needed. But the way he went about it was too harsh. :(

Feb 13, 2022 1:55 AM
Mar 2012
Some of the water & fights were quite good.
Refreshing & rare to see a harem get real. Liking how Hajime tackles relationship issues head on, none of that dense avoiding typical mc. Hope Kaori makes a choice or grows.
Cool each labyrinth got a concept but kinda vague still... reenact history thru magic.

Feb 13, 2022 6:29 PM
Oct 2018
Although I agree Yue is the best girl, but i hate how Hajime treat Kaori in the end. It just made me sick. If you think about Kaori's sincerity, even when Hajime was still a loser, she just don't deserve that treatment. He's being too harsh.
Bingki-sanFeb 13, 2022 6:33 PM
Feb 14, 2022 7:54 AM
Feb 2021
i like all the girl,but i hope kaori get more justice
Feb 16, 2022 12:52 AM

Jan 2017
wtf, a monster that isnt 3DCGI for once?!? Impossible

So we getting Kaori's training arc or something after this? She'd definitely not the type to back down easily
Feb 16, 2022 6:32 PM
Mar 2019
This was a really good episode, but there were some things I wish they spent a little more time on. The whole ship scene was a pretty vital part of explaining the past between the human and demon races. They might not be finished with explaining it though and will start it in the next episode since we’re not at a specific part in the LN though. Otherwise, the whole thing with Kaori feeling weak and defeated was done decently, do with they went a little in depth with her inner dialogue, but it’s still good. And Hajime being both harsh and caring by giving Kaori a reality check. Simple: you either accept the hardships you’ll have to go through, or you leave. Def love this episode
Feb 22, 2022 11:02 AM

Aug 2017
The teacher was captured lol, well the opening spoiled that. I'm glad Kaori has more screentime in this episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

84 by MarcosJesus »»
Apr 18, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

109 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 7, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2022

116 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

31 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2022

62 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.