Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 13, 2022 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
The harem is back and it looks like the new season retains a similar style of humor compared to the first season.

They even got their little jeep together on an adventure and didn't waste much time to encounter a monster on the way. Pretty typical episode though. Nothing too special stood out but it looks like the new season is getting fans familiar with the sequel.
Jan 13, 2022 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
It's been 2.5 years since Arifureta started the downward spiral of novelist Ryo Shirakome's abominable anime adaptation, so how has things changed since then with collab studios Asread X atudio MOTHER?

The OST is less impressive this time, even though it's done by MindaRyn and FantasticYouth. There's just no eclipsing Void_Chords' Season 1's awesome OP and DracoVirgo's decent ED.

The story continues where Season 1 left off with the entrety of Hajime's class Isekai-ed and trained into heroes with their stint in the Neiligh Kingdom. "The Hero" Kouki has seen his fair shares of near-death in Season 1, so there's cause for concern. Hajime and his rag-tag team of Yue, Shea, Tio and Myu are back, and now that Healer Kaori joins his gang in their expedition across land on their Hummer-like Brise SUV retrofitted with weapons. Obviously Kaori still has feelings for Hajime, and Yue trying to bait her into a lover's feud is something, and Hajime's harem adds that nonchalance.

The 3DCG is back of the the Gruen Desert's sand dune worms, courtesy of studio MOTHER, though at this point I'm kinda used to how terribad Season 1 looked in comparison.

Saving a noble out stranded in the desert (Bize Feuward Zengen, the son of Lord Lanzwi of the Dukedom of Ankaji) and requesting adventurers Hajime and his gang to save his dukedom from an epidemic caused by deliberate sabotage, since Myu has to be sent back to whence she came from, Hajime has no choice but to follow along being a side quest.

The Demon's Kingdom of Garland receive word from Mikhail of an Irregular, not "The Hero" Kouki that killed the Fertility Goddess Cattleya in Season 1, and Geneal Freid isn't happy of this advancement. Make haste for new, strong magic to oppose Hajime and his gang.

A decent start to the new season, does it look any better than Season 1? You tell me.
KANLen09Jan 13, 2022 8:38 AM
Jan 13, 2022 7:31 AM
May 2021
KANLen09 said:
It's been 2.5 years since Arifureta started the downward spiral of novelist Ryo Shirakome's abominable anime adaptation, so how has things changed since then with collab studios Asread X Studio MOTHER?

The OST is less impressive this time, even though it's done by MindaRyn and FantasticYouth. There's just no eclipsing Void_Chords' Season 1's awesome OP and DracoVirgo's decent ED.

The story continues where Season 1 left off with the other students of his class Isekai-ed and trained into heroes with their stint in the kingdom. Hajime and his rag-tag team are back with Yue, Shea, Tio and Myu, and now that Healer Kaori joins his gang in their expedition across lands on their Hummer-like SUV retrofitted with weapons. Obviously Yue is still on a lovers' feud with Kaori, as is the others.

The 3DCG is back of the sand dune worms, courtesy of studio MOTHER, though at this point I'm kinda used to how terribad Season 1 looked in comparison.

Saving a noble out in the desert dune sands (Bize Feuward Zengen, the son of Lord Lanzwi of the Dukedom of Ankaji) and requesting adventurers Hajime and his gang to save his dukedom, Hajime has no choice but to follow along on this side quest.

The Demon Kings of Garland receive word from Mikhail of an Irregular (which is Hajime), not a hero that killed Catteya in Season 1, and Lord Freid isn't happy of this advancement. Make haste for new magic to oppose Hajime.

A decent start to the new season, does it look any better than Season 1? You tell me.
where to watch it legally is it streaming on funimation?
Jan 13, 2022 7:41 AM

Apr 2018
I'm so glad with the return of Arifureta. I'm glad to see Tio back (favorite out of them) and the rest of the girls. It's just a continuation so it started off right where it left off from season 1. The OP and ED are pretty good tbh. The animation improved a bit but the CGI monsters are still there. The action was quite decent. I'm just here for the main chad mc.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 13, 2022 7:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah it's back after 2.5 years, hopefully we won't see any anal dragon again, it's basically just a setup episode and I don't see much difference, though the CGI seems to be improved compared to before, the worms didn't look too bad compared to how awful it was on the 1st season, we'll see how it will develop but I, of course, don't expect anything
Jan 13, 2022 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
The monster CGI seems to be better than the first season. At least, it got some improvement.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 13, 2022 7:58 AM

Oct 2018
Here we go, anime of the fucking year right here. I liked the part when they applied camera shake to show the car was moving for a solid 15 minutes
g1lJan 13, 2022 5:38 PM

Jan 13, 2022 7:59 AM

Jul 2021
Yeah watched season 1 back then and it was mediocre which implies the same for the sequel but hey, I'm glad to see my girls back and animation is notably better (well for the better or the worse) but CGI still looks as hilarious but it's not worse than the first season. OP and ED are really good though and that's just my taste because I love both of the artist respectively. Not a bad start for a sequel.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 13, 2022 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
Sand_bag said:
KANLen09 said:
It's been 2.5 years since Arifureta started the downward spiral of novelist Ryo Shirakome's abominable anime adaptation, so how has things changed since then with collab studios Asread X Studio MOTHER?

The story continues where Season 1 left off with the other students of his class Isekai-ed and trained into heroes with their stint in the kingdom. Hajime and his rag-tag team are back with Yue, Shea, Tio and Myu, and now that Healer Kaori joins his gang in their expedition across lands on their Hummer-like SUV retrofitted with weapons. Obviously Yue is still on a lovers' feud with Kaori, as is the others.

The 3DCG is back of the sand dune worms, courtesy of studio MOTHER, though at this point I'm kinda used to how terribad Season 1 looked in comparison.

Saving a noble out in the desert dune sands (Bize Feuward Zengen, the son of Lord Lanzwi of the Dukedom of Ankaji) and requesting adventurers Hajime and his gang to save his dukedom, Hajime has no choice but to follow along on this side quest.

The Demon Kings of Garland receive word from Mikhail of an Irregular (which is Hajime), not a hero that killed Catteya in Season 1, and Lord Freid isn't happy of this advancement. Make haste for new magic to oppose Hajime.

Yes, 3:30pm release, UK time on Funimation
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jan 13, 2022 8:06 AM

Jul 2017
Idk why but the monster CG from this episode reminded me of the BETA from Muv-Luv lol.

The episode itself was about the same level as the previous season as a whole, and Kaori's addition to the group feels so lazy and uninspired. The build up with her being separated from Nagumo and all the growth she wanted to accomplish after what happened to him while having hope that he was alive, has just turned her into one of Hajime's harem and someone who argues with Yue a lot in a competition for Hajime's feelings. She adds nothing here while barely showing appropriate development, even with coming from the same homeland as Hajime but not standing out whatsoever beyond knowing a few interests of his from Japan. Rest was just dull setup.
Jan 13, 2022 8:11 AM

Jan 2017
First episode into the new season and there's already catfights going on between Kaori and Yue of course

The introduction of Goddess almost defeating Hajime at the start seems very intriguing, if what we later get down the road does not live up to this scene it's gonna be such a disappointing sequel
Jan 13, 2022 8:12 AM
Feb 2019
Story-wise, this first episode does everything right that the previous season failed to do until the last few episodes. I thought the OP would be the highlight with Mindaryn but the ED ended being much more impressive. The CGI and animation in general looks much better than the first season as well. Not perfect mind you but better. I'm enjoying what this season is trying to do where season 1 failed and it definitely focuses on some more interesting aspects than the first season. Overall, quite impressive.
Jan 13, 2022 8:17 AM
Mar 2021
Okay, so I was mentally prepared for the cgi so not many issues there, but the main issue I had was with the OP, last season's OP was prett good, like it kinda told you what tone the anime is in, but this time even though the OP was done by a pretty major artist it didn't have that feel, it just wasn't that good, the ED was decent tho
Jan 13, 2022 8:20 AM

Jul 2019
It is pretty good not gonna lie. The CG has definitely improved, they look better and move better compared to season 1
Jan 13, 2022 8:26 AM
Oct 2021
my opinion, it is a good starting, it close the Ln, high-quality animation( CG is better than ss1 too much), sound and seiyu is oke. 9,9/10 for the first ep and 100/10 for Myu. The studio did it good, thank you
Jan 13, 2022 8:30 AM

Oct 2017
Good to have Hajime and his harem back. Yue and Kaori catfight was quite amusing. The new development seems allright. OP was pretty meh, ED was okay. Decent episode to start this season, looking forward to more amusing harem moments.
Jan 13, 2022 8:36 AM
Jan 2022
Sand_bag said:
KANLen09 said:

Hulu has it on its stream service
Jan 13, 2022 8:46 AM
May 2019
I must say I’m pleasantly surprised. This was the best episode of Arifureta so far. That was definitely a 2/10 episode.
Jan 13, 2022 8:49 AM
Jan 2020
Our Edgelord MC is back. We got the typical harem shenanigans, and the CGI does look kinda better. Hopefully, it'll be at least decent plot wise. as if that's ever gonna happen
Jan 13, 2022 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Yue voice is kinda cracked. I liked it at Season 1.
The CGI was better.
Of course Hajime going to play favor. LOL About miyo's yelling.
Jan 13, 2022 9:12 AM
Jan 2019
OH MY GOD!!! S2 IS FINALLY HERE!! LET’S FUCKING GOOOOO! HYPE AF
Jan 13, 2022 9:20 AM

Nov 2014
Those worms looked decent tbh. They also went all out with harem stuff right from the start. This season looks very promising.
Jan 13, 2022 9:28 AM

Feb 2021
Kind a loved to watch season 1, rewatched it many times, CGI looks way better than S1, looking foreword to next episodes
Jan 13, 2022 9:31 AM
Jul 2019
Man, the guy's voice have matured......
Jan 13, 2022 9:47 AM
Dec 2014
I spit out my lunch when edgelord-sama got called out for being an anime character
Jan 13, 2022 9:49 AM

Nov 2016
Unironically started to appreciate Ari after many other turd isekai.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2022 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
I live for harem shenaningans. The Yue x Kaori banter was hilarious, poor Hajime wanting to die while Kaori revealed his chuuni secrets lol. Tio being Tio putting her tits on Hajime's head and more Shia in general. Glad to have this harem back!

CGI looks better which is nice. Pretty fun first episode, looking forward to more.
Jan 13, 2022 10:24 AM
Mar 2021
after seeing how terrible season 1 was, I felt a significant improvement in the first episode of season 2
Jan 13, 2022 10:49 AM
Nov 2018
I feel like this is already off to a bad start...
Jan 13, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2015
Well it looks like they fixed the cgi. That sucks, now it's just another run of the mill crappy isekai with no charm
Jan 13, 2022 11:21 AM
Feb 2018
Starting a series with a cliffhanger that would probably take place in the very end of it? What is this BS?
Jan 13, 2022 11:22 AM

Sep 2020
Animation got a major improvement, though the monsters are still CG, at least the characters arent
As a LN reader I can say that the pacing is fair, at least this first episode wasn't rushed

Kaori x Yue was the highlight today
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Jan 13, 2022 11:40 AM
Nov 2016
Just as good as the first season. My dude is one of the coolest isekai characters, second only to Mr Skeletor from Overlord. People looking for a piece of art should stop whining about CG and whaterver else. This anime is for simple people who like to watch bad guys get stomped while bro has the most diverse harem of modern history.
Jan 13, 2022 11:52 AM
May 2020
a harem and a jeep. all a man can ask for. hajime living life
Jan 13, 2022 12:04 PM

May 2021
the ed kinda slaps hard tho 🥶
Jan 13, 2022 12:30 PM

Jan 2017
Awesome. I loved the 1st season and more myuu being cute is never bad.
KamijouToumaIBJan 13, 2022 1:06 PM
Jan 13, 2022 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
Took a little while into the eps for clarity to kick in. I only know I'd watched all the first season as I've rated it here, plus the bunny eared girl gave some recollections. Not be confused with the newer bunny girl in a show since.

By about mid point in the episode, the old neurons were firing and remembrance was occurring. Like that super huge oppai one is maybe a dragon in human form, school crush girl, and vampire he found in dungeon in full competition mode and him driving about in a humvee in fantasy world. Ah, them feels as lost memory leaked back into consciousness.

Lets go!! 2nd season!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 13, 2022 12:44 PM

Aug 2013
Good to see this show back for a second season.

Already started off with Hajime and his harem. The banter between Yue and Kaori was enjoyable and I'm looking forward to seeing more of that.

I honestly forgot how adorable Myu is.

Jan 13, 2022 12:55 PM
Jul 2021
Ok so first off Shea's rack is ridiculous lol.. And second can some PLEASE explain to me how he killed that chick, Then left and had a RANDOM ass NPC encounter who directed them in an entirely different direction, but somehow magically the chicks ally or husband, somehow knows exactly where they were going or found out, or were going to the exact same place???

That encounter seemed soo damn random and it's not like they have a damn GPS how did they figure this out?? Unless that Duke's son or aid is a spy, but even then how would he know he was running into the irregulars, the dude was half dead and thought his life was over?
Jan 13, 2022 1:04 PM

May 2018
Arifureta is back! Lol the cat fights are back as well. Myu really is best daughter I have missed her
Jan 13, 2022 1:15 PM
Feb 2009
let's goo seaason 2 hype starts
Jan 13, 2022 1:18 PM

Jan 2016
MindaRyn opening, this is already better than s1 (even though s1 opening was a banger)

Ngl, this was a huge improvement over season 1
FireFistYKJan 13, 2022 1:38 PM
Jan 13, 2022 1:22 PM
Jun 2021
Finally got to watch it too. I admit that it was a bit hard to find since i can't use Funimation (i don't live in the us).
What can i say, the episode is very close to the light novel (like a good part of the previous season), but there are 2 things i didn't really like: The first one is the flashforward to what will probably be the last battle of the season. I find it quite pointless at this point of the show. They still have a lot to do before getting to that point and i think it's more confusing than anything else at this point of the story. The second one is the new op. Yeah, it sounds good but the song and what you see on screen aren't in harmony. You see action scenes and hear a song that is closer to an ending that an opening. Flare was a bit weird too, but it still felt in harmony with what was happening on screen, but Daylight lost this thing unfortunately. I hope that seeing it more times with the future will help me change my opinion.
Jan 13, 2022 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
There is a huge improvement in terms of CG. But it's not like it could get much worse than what we had before.
I just hope they won't unnecessarily skip anymore content.

Jan 13, 2022 1:32 PM

Jan 2013
at least this feels like it wouldnt warrant a recap episode next week like the 1st season lol
Jan 13, 2022 1:38 PM

Jan 2020
That CGI looked way better.
That ending was amazing! Visuals though, not so much.
Jan 13, 2022 1:53 PM
Mar 2011
It was an alright episode, but for a season premiere it was a letdown. The shaking in the humvee was too erratic for me and hurt my eyes instead. The harem aspect was cringey too and tossed any development out the window. That being said, the better animation quality so far hopefully means we will have better action sequences this season.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Jan 13, 2022 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
This show honestly doesn't look that bad when you compare it to a lot of the currently airing shows this season. That's not praise, just a sad note really.

Not a huge fan of the Kaori and Yue dynamic. When Kaori decided to tag along last season I feared it would be a competition between the two and hopefully that's not overdone this season. I liked the girls so far where Yue was clearly his girl and the others were just extras, making it more of a love triangle wouldn't be more entertaining than what we had.

The start of their new adventure seems interesting enough and that teaser opening is something to look forward to, I'll likely stick this one out.
Jan 13, 2022 2:07 PM

Dec 2021
glad to see arifureta is still shit lmao. 5/5.
Jan 13, 2022 2:08 PM

Dec 2021
CGI much better than last sesaon. They change studio but art somehow still similar and then they introduce the main enemy (demon) cant wait to see next episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

84 by MarcosJesus »»
Apr 18, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2022

116 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

31 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2022

66 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2022

62 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.