Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hermit Mio is a stubborn one...seems like she doesn't want to leave that world.

Looks like the town of Crysta rean into some serious trouble from a demon of monsters. This show really has no place that is truly safe. Then again, we're talking about Edens Zero where there's all sorts of conflicts across its different worlds.

Jul 10, 2021 1:12 PM

Jul 2017
The murderer Jamilov on Planet Digtalis and wreaking havoc, he's a threat to overcome, much less Drakken Joe. Their eventual battle is on-hold for now. But Hermit is of importance, the girl on the hill...that doesn't want to leave her place because of certain reasons that remind him of Granbell.

Haha Weisz you deserved your own shit for avataring a woman xD

A horde of monsters heading for the City of Crysta...and asexpected, the murderer Jamilov heads the Demon Lord's army in retaliation of killing NPCs and Rounding Shiki and Co. for their enjoyment. What warped thinking, and Shiki and Co. heads them on both in Crysta and on Iron Hill where Hermit resides...while Homura and Jesse goes straight for the root source with intentions.

Well, the troll that Shiki and Co. met at the entrance of Crysta did help in some way, though not enough to save the NPCs, plus Homura whom made her intentions clear to betray. Friend or foe, data or not, a friend is a friend, and there's no turning back.

The REAL Homura has showed up, so who's the impostor exactly?

Every episode of Edens Zero is getting a whole lotta tense.
Jul 10, 2021 1:13 PM

Sep 2017
Another pretty good episode, it had some really cool scenes, watching Shiki trying to take Hermit but her outright refusing to go with them was heartwrenching. Final scene with actual Homura was lit.
Jul 10, 2021 1:29 PM

Feb 2019
Hermit must’ve had some really bad experiences with humans to completely turn her off and make her hate them like this. Of course it wouldn’t be shōnen if the MC couldn’t turn a few hearts of stone.

I’m confused at what Homura is playing at tho, is she a double agent just trying to get Drakken Joe’s trust or what? That whole sequence left me a bit confused. Solid episode and set up for the bigger fight next week.
Jul 10, 2021 2:05 PM

Nov 2016
A side character who's openly insecure about his position, how rare.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2021 5:10 PM
May 2021
The animation is starting to become a little more like Fairy Tail, and I don’t like it, I’m still hoping it won’t end up at that level, it still has potential.
Jul 10, 2021 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
Well, that wasn't confusing at all. What is Homura? I suspected she was Valkyrie at first. How is she using Ether Gear in the game?
Jul 10, 2021 8:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Holy shit that scythe turned into monster like Chronopage! Lol at Weisz random skit that never fail to make me laugh, even just for a little. I mean, why you suddenly talked about your ava oppai? Well, Shiki carried Hermit out of those hill, actually a funny moment. Why you could act so casual like that, though, Shiki?

Smh, not expecting even in a slightest, about Homura twist there, openly admit her real intentions to Shiki, and then, bam, another Homura? or, was she Hermit? Well, lets see whats goin on at the next week!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 10, 2021 9:13 PM

Oct 2016
Was ready to punch someone if Homura was actually a traitor. I can kinda tell that fake Homura was sus, an impostor. I wonder who that fake Homura really is and that dude she's working with.

Really curious to see Hermit's backstory and why she has come to hate humans. Put some respect to Shino-chan's name. Real Homura's entrance was pretty badass and she's looking great as always. I hope they beat Jamilov's ass.
Jul 11, 2021 12:35 AM

Jan 2017
F moment for Shino-chan, he went above and beyond just the city's sub-boss
Jul 11, 2021 1:20 AM

Jan 2009
ye Hermit some humans are heartless monsters but some are also full of heart anyway its not black and white (all or nothing thinking)

and the real Homura showed up in the end there nice

this episode has a lot of sakuga eh nice one
Jul 11, 2021 1:53 AM

Sep 2019
They saved Miku, nice. The last scene was sick, Homura with the rescue!
Jul 11, 2021 4:41 AM

Oct 2017
Homura saving shiki was cool, she looked badass in that pose. I wonder who the imposter is.
Jul 11, 2021 7:51 AM
Apr 2016
It's hard to believe Harmit survived in this digital world so far.
Jul 11, 2021 11:24 AM

Nov 2014
I can't really blame Hermit. She's pretty much right.
Jul 11, 2021 11:47 AM
Jan 2021
Homura is carrying this show ngl
Jul 11, 2021 3:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah fake and real Homura, the confrontation will be great
Jul 11, 2021 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
This episode had so many interesting things including about Homura it was strange how she betrayed shiki I didn't believe very much in what she had betrayed shiki is her friends, but came the end that was that there are two Homura with many good fights.
Jul 11, 2021 6:06 PM
Nov 2019
mythical_k said:
The animation is starting to become a little more like Fairy Tail, and I don’t like it, I’m still hoping it won’t end up at that level, it still has potential.
Animation isn't anything compare to previous work. Idk what your talking about especially the movement for it.
Jul 12, 2021 3:26 PM
Apr 2020
I like Eden Zero, but so far, as animation this was the worst episode in 2021 compared to any other anime , it reminds me of the first 200 eps of one piece which was unbearable.
JC Staff proving again how much it can be bad in working in 5 animes in the same time !!!
Jul 13, 2021 3:15 AM

Nov 2019
khalil04uzumaki said:
I like Eden Zero, but so far, as animation this was the worst episode in 2021 compared to any other anime , it reminds me of the first 200 eps of one piece which was unbearable.
JC Staff proving again how much it can be bad in working in 5 animes in the same time !!!

At least the Animation wasn´t as bad as Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin though that season had a lot of bad animation in some of the episodes

Especially one important fight got ruined... in that season.
Jul 13, 2021 9:01 AM
Mar 2015
Homura switched sides twice in the same battle
Jul 13, 2021 10:41 AM
Feb 2020
khalil04uzumaki said:

It is not the problem of scheduling. Edens zero has a really good and healthy scheduling and budget!

It is most likely a directorial choice.

Edens zero is JC staff's top priority series of spring to summer season. And it has more good sakuga than some slide show. Only episodes they spammed the freeze frames were episode 7 and this episode, 14. They continuously did 3 or 4 still frames to the point it became a slideshow. There was no animation prior to those freeze frames. That's what was bad about this episode. And most of the time the series barely had any fight scenes and even if they had some, it was really fodders. So they didn't mess up anything that we will remember. Only problem is, the episodes themselves have really small amount of action scenes to begin with, so whenever they do these types of freeze frame slideshows, it's really noticeable since it actually shrinks down the the total amount of action scenes. For example this episode and episode 7 (Shiki v fake Elsie), only had some key moments well animated. But others were just freeze frames. In the episode, Shiki versus the monsters was completely shrinked into 3 or 4 freeze frames. Whereas it could have easily been a 6 or 7 seconds of cool action scene where he is picking up the monsters and throwing them, maybe animate how he picked them up and threw them and then do the freeze frames to show the impact of the scene. Freeze frames are highly appreciated in those sort of situation. But how Edens Zero did it most of the time, it actually skipped a lot of potential animation and as a result it looked like compilations of some weird freeze frame cuts. Continuous uses of freeze frames in a row, caused slideshows and slowed down the overall intensity and the pacing of the fight scene. Although I am holding back my thoughts since it's an adventure series and it's doing a really good job at that. Action scenes are just some bonus stuff now. Even after all that it had some really good sakuga almost each and every episode. The whole reason I wanted an anime adaptation of Edens Zero was to see the action scenes animated in the final arc of this season. They snapped so hard for Norma arc, and all the important movements that needed good animation. So when we get to the part where fight scenes are as important as other stuff or more important than anything we will need JC to go all out and make it look like something phenomenal. If they are able to do so it will become an amazing season with the perfect adaptation of adventure, character introduction and revelation plus some really good animation in a lot of scene that I myself did not even imagine while reading the manga!

All the traditional TV anime does these freeze frames for the forgettable and less important fight scenes. But if they butcher the next arc which is actually the start of Edens Zero becoming action heavy and action being one of the main focus, I will be pissed off which I don't think I will considering how the adaptation has been so far. Episode 15 will tell what to expect when things get serious!

Chromafire10Jul 13, 2021 11:15 AM
Jul 13, 2021 1:28 PM

May 2013
The thing is: Mashima does not like long battles to begin with.
Battles do not last long, so you can't expect JC Staff to extend every battle, or to put sakugas in every one of them.

If you want to know how JC Staff will extend combats, you can rewatch the episode 5 that was a nice example.
The battle between Shiki and Sibir (the one after the mech broke) was just a double page in the manga.
If JC Staff wanted to they could have done it in a few still frames and be done with it.
But they decided to extend it, put some sakugas and stretched Shiki's attacks by including flashbacks, context and music.
They made a final move, which was just a small one, epic and worthy of a final boss.
Jul 17, 2021 7:33 PM

Nov 2009
Homura is confusing, lol

Cause it feels like the Genderbend Homura is fake, but she was referring to Shiki and gang as
friends throughout last 2 episodes even when talking to others not around Shiki and gang.

But then we got a "real?" Homura appear at the end... So who's the Genderbend Homura?

___ ___ ___

Also, RIP the troll dude... he was nice. Wonder if he'll respawn, since technically he's a sub-boss that was meant to be defeated by players and reveal his background.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 18, 2021 3:30 AM
Oct 2019
Shinobi Troll was the real one.

Damn they successfully bamboozled us to think Homura is betraying us...
That's was a good one.

Why only Shiki and Homura that can use Ether Gear inside this Digital World? That is sus.
Jul 18, 2021 6:16 AM

Jun 2019
Poor Shino Chan... I feel bad for him. Homura??? What's going on? I'm so confused.
Jul 19, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2017
That weapon Jamilov has is pretty neat. Hopefully more of Hermit will be expanded on and why she's where she's at now and why she hates humans so much.

There are two Homuras? Plot twist!
Jul 25, 2021 11:58 AM

Feb 2012
Since was was around when Ziggy adopted Shiki, was that what caused her to dislike humans or not?

Homura has a brother named Jesse.

Is it possible Valkyrie is in Drakken Joe's syndicate and that's why she thinks joining with Jamilov will help her find her master?

It seems she was doing a double bluff to seriously or she just switched sides yet again.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 26, 2021 11:38 AM

Dec 2016
lol... why I didn't saw foreshadowing from this chapter (in this episode) while reading manga because of with who fake-Homura was talking (hentai haircut guy). xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 2, 2021 6:10 AM

May 2018
Lol the monster army truly is crazy haha
Nov 24, 2021 5:17 AM

Jul 2015
I got completely fooled into thinking Homura was a spy thanks to that impersonator until the real one appeared at the end.

Nov 26, 2021 7:40 AM

May 2015
Shino-chan da real MVP!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 17, 2023 11:57 AM

May 2021
Hol up what , who is Homura?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

45 by nessflamvell1992 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:26 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

50 by amf85 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

162 by nyankana »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

123 by NatsuDragneel33 »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

82 by Ichigo28582 »»
Jun 29, 2023 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.