Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2021 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My favorite character in the show Homura gets her background story episode! Felt like this was the most human episode in the show as it explored her relationship with Valkyrie.

This probably had the least amount of humor in the series too. Glad to see the show decided to give us a better understanding of Homura's character.
Sep 11, 2021 3:17 PM

Oct 2008
This episode was f*cking awesome!! I'm eager to see Shiki kicking some b*tch azz next ep!!
I'm wondering what excuse that Chinese-looking b*tch have to say after the fight... Really wondering here...
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Sep 11, 2021 4:37 PM

Sep 2017
I didn't want to go through this again, but here we are. Valkyrie's last stand was amazing at was the moment from this season I wanted to see the most animated, even it the result hits me right in the feels ;-;
The backstory between Homura and Valk was pretty good, we also know what happened to Homura's mother, fucking bitch Kurenai, badass Shiki is about to drag you to Homura himself, hype.
Sep 11, 2021 5:16 PM

Jul 2011
One of best episodes so far, I also like Homura <3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 11, 2021 8:45 PM
Mar 2019
Manifesting for JC STAFF to go off the rest of the way 🙏🏾
Sep 11, 2021 9:49 PM

Jul 2017
Homura's backstory with Valkyrie is no doubt interesting, and that doll (which is also shown in the ED) just signifies the best of Edens Zero. Glad that the lord found sympathy with Valkyrie over a childish skimp, but Valkyrie made it a point to find her real mother,.

But to think that her true mother is the Sun Jewel's current Madame Kurenai, whom 5 years ago meeting both Valkyrie and Paul to save her from her slave status as one of the Four Shining Stars. As much as they saved her freedom, she didn't learn her lesson and went back to gambling, making Sun Jewel even worse than before. A valiant attempt of Valkyrie to fix Kurenai of her current state, but it wasn't enough to save her life.

Valkyrie's resistance army has been preparing long for this rebellion, but in the current state of Homura, she couldn't make a stand. Shiki could get over it, but Homura's will take time, so Shiki taking things into his own hands to storm the Gold Palace to give Kurenai a taste of her own medicine, just can't wait for next episode to come enough.

This is indefinitely the most human and best episode of Edens Zero so far.
Sep 11, 2021 10:40 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, Kurenai is a massive cunt. She never really loved Homura and probably just had her by accident cause of her, hoeing around. Though I wonder who gave Homura that stuffed toy cause I doubt Kurenai would ever give her something like that or anything at all. I really like Shiki and how straightforward he is, he's awesome. Now it's time to fucking beat the crap out of that bitch. Looking forward to the next episode.

Also RIP Valkyrie, she was amazing and wished we could have seen more of her. Though I wonder if Homura will be able to do the techniques Valkyrie did someday, I look forward to that.
Sep 12, 2021 12:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
That was, an unexpected turn of event. So the previous of her actually on the past. Fuck. The ed really baited me so much to the point that its wrong. Man, what a backstory. Valkyrie shouldn't had to leave Homura. Then, a fuckin villain woman Kurenai after abandoning her daughter, she renegading Valkyrie's kindness and killed her with the swarm of the monsters. Shit hits hard, and the twist of the plot really toyed me. Edens Zero and this kind of sad plot. I feel like this is the third android gloom part since Granbell Thomas and Hermit arc. I can't lie, its, ugh, difficult.

Now, its back to badass Shiki again to solved all the issue with that evil woman. Idk if it means death always be a good resolution. But, Edens Zero unexpectedly goin into the right track, and i am glad picking this up in the midst of Elitists reproaches.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 12, 2021 1:08 AM

Oct 2017
Loli Homura's adorable but the backstory was a sad one. Respect for valkyrie, RIP. Homura's real mother is a such a bitch. Shiki needs to kick her ass.
Sep 12, 2021 2:47 AM

May 2010
Finally the story got interesting again.

I however hope this arc won't drag out and they will find a way to restore Valkyrie.
Sep 12, 2021 3:27 AM

Jun 2019
Well, that was some revelation. Madame Kurenai being Homura's mother. Wow... Valkyrie helped her so she would return to her child but else she took over the whole planet with that evil intent. A horrible mother and a woman indeed.

On the other hand, Valkyrie was quite badass. I felt so bad for Homura there and Valkyrie really was an amazing android. RIP Valkyrie. I hope Shiki beat the shit out of her.
Sep 12, 2021 4:17 AM
Jul 2020
This episode hit different. Peak right now.
Sep 12, 2021 9:41 AM

May 2019
Easily the best episode of the whole show so far.
Now someone please tell me (in spoiler tags ofc), does Mashima bring Valkyrie back? Because if he does, that would be a death sentence to the impact that this episode left.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Sep 12, 2021 10:30 AM
Aug 2018
Nice revelation.
Wondering if Pino could become the fourth shining stars.
Sep 12, 2021 10:44 AM
Apr 2016
I agree with the previous comments, it might be the most interesting episode so far.

I just regret the absence of Steiner. He was able to repair the cat so maybe he would be able to resurect valkyrie?

KANLen09 said:

But to think that her true mother is the Sun Jewel's current Madame Kurenai, whom 5 years ago meeting both Valkyrie and Paul to save her from her slave status as one of the Four Shining Stars. As much as they saved her freedom, she didn't learn her lesson and went back to gambling, making Sun Jewel even worse than before. A valiant attempt of Valkyrie to fix Kurenai of her current state, but it wasn't enough to save her life.

Valkyrie's resistance army has been preparing long for this rebellion, but in the current state of Homura, she couldn't make a stand. Shiki could get over it, but Homura's will take time, so Shiki taking things into his own hands to storm the Gold Palace to give Kurenai a taste of her own medicine, just can't wait for next episode to come enough.

Seriously why are you writing the synopsis of each episode in the forums? If we re here it s because we literally just watched the episode
Sep 12, 2021 1:34 PM

Feb 2019
Damn man, Kurenai is absolute scum. No good deed goes unpunished for Valkyrie too. All she wanted was for Homura to be happy and reunited with her mother and for her to do that.. no words. Idk if there’s any redeeming kurenai tbh, especially when she’s directly responsible for Valkyrie’s death. But next week’s fight should be dope

Definitely top 3 episodes so far
Sep 12, 2021 1:35 PM

Feb 2019
Franck_Nicolas said:
I agree with the previous comments, it might be the most interesting episode so far.

I just regret the absence of Steiner. He was able to repair the cat so maybe he would be able to resurect valkyrie?

KANLen09 said:

Seriously why are you writing the synopsis of each episode in the forums? If we re here it s because we literally just watched the episode

Lmaooooo I always wondered that myself
Sep 12, 2021 4:01 PM

Nov 2010
Franck_Nicolas said:

KANLen09 said:

Foreal, I had to stop reading his comment after the first paragraph. Went to his profile to see his other forum comments and he's been doing the same for other anime episode discussions lmfao

"🇮‌🇹‌'🇸‌ 🇳‌🇴‌🇹‌ 🇱‌🇮‌🇰‌🇪‌ 🇮‌ 🇨‌🇦‌🇳‌'🇹‌ 🇹‌🇦‌🇱‌🇰‌ 🇹‌🇴‌ 🇵‌🇪‌🇴‌🇵‌🇱‌🇪‌. 🇮‌ 🇯‌🇺‌🇸‌🇹‌ 🇩‌🇴‌🇳‌'🇹‌ 🇮‌🇳‌🇩‌🇺‌🇱‌🇬‌🇪‌ 🇮‌🇳‌ 🇵‌🇴‌🇮‌🇳‌🇹‌🇱‌🇪‌🇸‌🇸‌ 🇸‌🇲‌🇦‌🇱‌🇱‌ 🇹‌🇦‌🇱‌🇰‌🇸‌."

Sep 12, 2021 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Homura and a good character with a focus on him was good to watch with his relationship with his master which had a very sad and tense ending.
Sep 12, 2021 11:27 PM

Oct 2016
I couldn't care less about Valkyrie being a robot or that she technically never adopted Homura as her daughter.
She is Homura's mother in my eyes, and has my respect.
Sep 12, 2021 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
there it is one of the worst mother in anime history was revealed

i wonder if Valkyrie got decrease in power level somehow since she is supposed to be one of the strongest Android around

lets see how Homura will recover from this
Sep 13, 2021 12:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's so sad for Valkyrie she was great and definitely the "real" mother of Homura for me, but it's so frustrating how Kurenai acts as a mother, she's definitely horrible, Shiki better destroy her and make her regret all what she did
Sep 13, 2021 1:57 AM
Mar 2021
Good episode and this episode is a pretty sad episode. Also J.C.Staff did quite well
Sep 13, 2021 5:54 AM

Jul 2016
Amoh25 said:
Now someone please tell me (in spoiler tags ofc), does Mashima bring Valkyrie back?

Sep 13, 2021 6:31 AM
Oct 2019
Oedo Planet just like Edo Era yeahh that was cool.

Noo.. this is sad Valkyrie is dead?
this is Mashima we talking, if Valkyrie stay dead i will give him an applause.

god damn what a plot twist that was huh, Homura Mother was Kurenai.
fuckk i hate her so much, i can't wait Shiki beat the shit out of her ass.
Sep 13, 2021 6:54 AM

May 2019
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Amoh25 said:
Now someone please tell me (in spoiler tags ofc), does Mashima bring Valkyrie back?

Thanks for the reply!
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Sep 13, 2021 7:29 AM

May 2020
oof im having fairy tail flashbacks
it feels like that time when natsu went to beat up sabertooths guildmaster

Sep 15, 2021 9:26 AM

Jun 2020
It was more or less predictable that Valkyrie would be dead, that ED frame with her kneeling with her sword was a big giveaway. I find myself a bit bothered by how that Shiki entrance and dialogue was just a discount Arlong Park scene
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 19, 2021 9:23 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
welp, more or less what i expected with valkyrie, and kinda with her being homuras mother aswell.

smoochie smoochie

Sep 22, 2021 1:07 PM
Apr 2020
not gonna lie this series deserve a ranking of at least 7 this is some bullshit that you guys still have this show ranked at 6
Sep 24, 2021 4:01 AM

May 2018
Homura's mom is an absolute piece of shit. I hope Shiki fucks her up real good next episode
Oct 2, 2021 6:38 AM

Jun 2014
Damn i didn't think this show was going to take me on a feels trip :(
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 15, 2021 7:23 AM

Jan 2014
Another episode that would be a 10/10 if not for Mashima's weird obsession with only writing black and white characters and making Kurenai the absolute lowest irredeemable human trash devoid of humanity...
Oct 29, 2021 4:32 AM
Nov 2018
LoneWizzy said:
Another episode that would be a 10/10 if not for Mashima's weird obsession with only writing black and white characters and making Kurenai the absolute lowest irredeemable human trash devoid of humanity...

Nah, screw these morally gray characters. MC beat the shit out of them and suddenly it turns out that they were good all the time and all it was just a misunderstanding so now they are on their way to redemption and their uncountable victims should be happy for them.

Give me absolute evil over this crap any time.
Oct 29, 2021 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
FreezePeach said:
LoneWizzy said:

Nah, screw these morally gray characters. MC beat the shit out of them and suddenly it turns out that they were good all the time and all it was just a misunderstanding so now they are on their way to redemption and their uncountable victims should be happy for them.

Thank you for using black and white examples while quoting my post where i complain about black and white writing... Good example...

You dont have to go all in making every enemy yor nakama shit or go all in the other way and write every villain as absolute irreedemable evil people... You can do the inbetween... Yknow, like how it usually is in real life... People do evil shit eeveryday irl but they dont laugh with an evil face screaming they hate humans and they wanna hurt things while doing it...
Oct 29, 2021 10:55 AM
Nov 2018
LoneWizzy said:
FreezePeach said:

Thank you for using black and white examples while quoting my post where i complain about black and white writing... Good example...

You dont have to go all in making every enemy yor nakama shit or go all in the other way and write every villain as absolute irreedemable evil people... You can do the inbetween... Yknow, like how it usually is in real life... People do evil shit eeveryday irl but they dont laugh with an evil face screaming they hate humans and they wanna hurt things while doing it...

Yep, that's called "different opinion", look it up. You complaining about something doesn't mean I have to agree with you. So, you are welcome.

Anime is not "real life", this one especially so. If you didn't notice, Sacura Space is quite different from real space. If you want something realistic you picked the wrong anime. Complaining about lack of realism in Eden Zero makes as much sense as complaining about boobs in High School DxD.

And I am really tired of those wishy-washy villains. It came to the point that no one kills their enemies anymore. They attack with intention to kill, get beaten, then turns out they are not all that bad or just wanted a cool fight and leave with "I will beat you next time". Yes, I want absolute irredeemable unrelenting vicious pure-black evil villains. Just for a change.
Oct 30, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
FreezePeach said:
LoneWizzy said:

Yep, that's called "different opinion", look it up. You complaining about something doesn't mean I have to agree with you. So, you are welcome.

Anime is not "real life", this one especially so. If you didn't notice, Sacura Space is quite different from real space. If you want something realistic you picked the wrong anime. Complaining about lack of realism in Eden Zero makes as much sense as complaining about boobs in High School DxD.

And I am really tired of those wishy-washy villains. It came to the point that no one kills their enemies anymore. They attack with intention to kill, get beaten, then turns out they are not all that bad or just wanted a cool fight and leave with "I will beat you next time". Yes, I want absolute irredeemable unrelenting vicious pure-black evil villains. Just for a change.
You know why that happens? Because they are not realistic ^_^

Having a different setting doesnt mean it has to be unrealistic... Sakura Cosmos is realistic within the anime setting... You can easily write a villain that does horrible irredeemable things AND doesnt act like how they do here... Bad people do bad things because they gain something from it, be it monetary gain, power or entertainment... Villains in this anime does bad things because they are bad... The scientist dudes could have done experiments on Wendy, the mom could have rejected her daughter without acting like they are from an anime made for 3 years old kids, maniacally laughing and saying edgy things...

And no, you actually can have a wrong opinions... I am complaining because these villains act unrealistic... Villains being wishy-washy and saying "I will beat you next time" also happens because they are unrealistic characters... So ye please do write characters that act like real characters ^_^

Nov 1, 2021 8:53 AM

Mar 2019
a much better show and characters than Fairy Tail that's for sure less unnecessary fanservice which is a thing was always cringy in Fairy Tail
good balance and focus on action - comedy - drama

also unlike Lucy no one wants to get in Rebecca's pants every 5 seconds that shit was so much annoying in Fairy Tail and really keeps breaking my investment in every Arc
not to mention the Fairy Tail story got dull asf after Episode 100 or so the whole show became really boring

but Edens Zero from other hand kept being interesting right to the very end also the future events shows that season 2 is gonna take some risks which is something i'm looking forward for
Nov 25, 2021 8:56 AM

Jul 2015
Valkyrie is more of a mother than that ungrateful trash Kurenai can ever dream to be.

Seems like a reason for Homura to now also meet Mother, to revive Valkyrie!

Jan 2, 2022 7:17 PM
May 2020
This episode has brought me back into liking EZ. Go get ‘em Shiki
Jan 8, 2022 5:31 AM

May 2015
Ah yes classic your mother is now main villain cliche :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 2, 2022 12:26 PM
Aug 2015
Ayo best episode so far, love it
Apr 21, 2022 5:40 PM

Jan 2020
This was probably the best episode so far. Ironically, I kept seeing this was going to be a flashback when I was scrolling through the episodes on Netflix and thought this might end up being a real dud. So, it surprised me. Now the only problem is that they seemed to have ditched one of the more interesting characters rather early.

All that being said, I'm kind of tired of episodes ending on Shiki being angry only to have things fizzle out within the first few minutes of the next episode. I wish I could say I'm optimistic, but at this point I think I know Mashima's formula.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 29, 2022 6:33 PM
Aug 2012
Mashinima is and always will be excellent at putting characters through the emotional ringer.
Feb 24, 2023 12:55 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn dude Kurenai is Homura’s mum! Great twist, didn’t expect that. I wonder if Valkyrie can be saved :(
Nov 29, 2023 2:26 AM
Apr 2023
Loved. Favorite episode so far.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

50 by amf85 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

33 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 17, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

162 by nyankana »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

123 by NatsuDragneel33 »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

82 by Ichigo28582 »»
Jun 29, 2023 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.