Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, now I kinda get why they gave this show the title 'revenge'. It's not the way it sounds but it's really cool to know how far Franchouchou has come. Kotaro in particular wants the group to succeed from what it started.

From their performance showcase, it looks like the group is popular as ever with a huge audience showing up. Franchouchou also looked more ready than ever with their white outfits. Good for everyone that showed support for them. A fairly entertaining finale imo. 8/10.
Jun 24, 2021 8:01 AM
Mar 2021
10/10 episode, hope season 3 won't be too late this time
Jun 24, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
The finale episode being a Re:Zero-like 27 mins long is such a redeemable finale finish for Zombieland Saga.

The whole Saga in need of refugee saving...and there's Kotarou in dire need to revive Saga through Franchouchou's Revenge show at EFS, ONE FINAL AND LAST TIME for the greatest SAGA in history as a charity concert.

The Franchouchou girls doing all they can to reel in Saga citizenship for their Revenge concert to make the people of Saga feel better, what a PR from Saki, the last hope of light for charity on all fronts, and gathering all the actors shows from the season altogether for one last spurt. Come together Japan, for a Revenge SAGA you won't forget! And it's all thanks to Koutarou for spearheading this elaborate operation.

AND BOY, WHAT A PERFORMANCE. Franchouhou is MAPPA's version of A-1 Pictures' 22/7, and for a very good reason. This finale is everything I wanted and more of the Revenge sequel. Easily the best episode that was saved for the last!
KANLen09Jun 24, 2021 8:54 AM
Jun 24, 2021 8:33 AM

May 2011
Awesome live! Definitely going to the real one on October.
Also *insert history channel aliens meme here"
Jun 24, 2021 9:05 AM

May 2021
wtf was that post credits scene lol fucking aliens are coming

Jun 24, 2021 9:06 AM

Feb 2019
What a finale! They damn near brought the entire prefecture out for that! Loved the girls performance, definitely the best one we’ve seen from them. I wish we would’ve got a few more new songs this season and some more solo performances, but other than that, I can’t complain at all about season 2. It felt like there was a door open for season 3, if not with these girls, I’d love to see a new group of girls too. Turning this into a proper idol project with constantly evolving members would be cool.

Sep 2020
Definitely a great episode, kinda surprised me when a UFO just blew up Saga or something at the end, next season gonna be a strange one

Jan 2014
There is so much to experience and love from this. So much. Like holy shit.

The songs were on fire, the girls were on fire, the whole community that they've touched. Mmmmmm, such good stuff. But holy sit that ending. Please be a season 3, or a movie, or least something, I so want more from this show.
Jun 24, 2021 9:07 AM
Mar 2019
I had a goofy grin on my face the whole episode I can’t wait for season three (fingers crossed)
Jun 24, 2021 9:12 AM
Jul 2011
Yo what's Kotaro bleeding and aliens? Tell me there's a season 3, I beg of you! I'm so baffled
Jun 24, 2021 9:15 AM

Jun 2019
Crowd callout by Tae is wild.

This episode is mesmerizing to look at. They all look sharp in their outfits, I love it.

My top 3 favorites for this year so far:
Yuru Camp S2
Non Non Biyori Nonstop
Zombieland Saga Revenge.
Jun 24, 2021 9:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Uhm... what were those last few seconds? o.o

Well that sure leaves things on an interesting point for potential continuations
Jun 24, 2021 9:17 AM
May 2017
that ending tho season 3?

Jun 24, 2021 9:18 AM

Nov 2016
Saki's speech on air was a nice way to start off this grand finale. And then shit became indeed epic when everyone pulled up. I kinda lost it when the guy in the cock costume landed lmao, just glorious.

The performances were as usual awesome, maybe even more emotional thanks to all the build up. Kotaru tearing up was nice too. And lastly the fucking ending scene. Did this series really pull a Gantz there? There's no way that there won't be a S3. I would highly appreciate it. This season kinda made me believe that Zombieland Saga can't miss. I enjoyed it at least as much as S1.

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 24, 2021 9:18 AM
Apr 2021
One of the best anime in this season!! Not gonna lie
One more thing, never expect independence day alien will come to saga.... :D
Jun 24, 2021 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS THE POWER OF AN IDOL!!!!!!! Epic performance from Franchouchou.
At first, I would say "let's go to Tokyo Dome next" and conquer all over Japan. But, that UFO made me change my mind. Maybe, they will go somewhere beyond Japan, who knows.

With Kotarou's bleeding and the UFO, I really got high hope for the third season.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 24, 2021 9:21 AM
Aug 2019
Yes that episode was great. I got goosebumps for sure, seeing Sakura slowly breaking down, and the Revenge performance. This entire season just felt so grand.

Though on another note, WHAT WAS THAT ENDING? If season 3 happens (which is sadly less likely due to less ratings I think) I hope they don't make it TOO ridiculous. ZLS has always been more crazy than most idol shows for sure, but bringing a alien(?) setting and end of the world type deal, may be a bit far off even for ZLS. I just hope the whole UFO-looking thing and the blast is something that doesn't change things too much, if Season 3 happens.

Just my opinion though! Still, 10/10 season just like the last.
Jun 24, 2021 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
That Queen's 1986 Wembley live reference holy fuck, hope someone else caught that.

This season's been nothing but quality. Gonna miss the girls.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 24, 2021 9:25 AM
Dec 2017
Even though this whole season was about our beloved Franchouchou members past and present struggles (again), it was well done. Epic 12 episodes, epic CG, epic songs.
Too bad it's original show with not-so-big following, which means our chances of getting another season soon is like 0. We're 2 years away from it, at best.
Jun 24, 2021 9:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The final representation was really lovely, it was perfect, too bad there are still a lot of unanswered questions (and WTF the alien spaceship at the end)
I can't believe it's already finished, that was so great, I will really miss Zombieland Saga now, probably one of my favorite Idol anime
AshhkJun 24, 2021 10:06 AM
Jun 24, 2021 9:29 AM

Sep 2020
This show is just incredible in my opinion. It's one of the only things that can make me cringe but in a good nice sweet way. The people showing up in droves after they thought no one was coming was great.

Their show was also great, god everything was great, I love this.

Still some things going on though, Kotaro and his bloodstain, fucking aliens? I wonder what it all is.

Overall fantastic finale, I simply cannot wait for season 3.

Jun 24, 2021 9:33 AM

Oct 2017
This was as epic of a finale as it could get. Starting with Saki's clumsy speech to the entire saga coming together to Franchouchou's concert moved me to tears. Their concert was really amazing too. Loved all of the songs. Tae's yelling was amusing af too. Thou damn Koutaro was bleeding? Why? Also those last few seconds, Zombieland Saga Aliens next? Lolz.

Great season overall, absolutely loved it. Got to finally see Yugiri's backstory which was something I was really looking forward to and it turned out really well to boot. Thou it sux we didn't get to see Sakura's full backstory and Tae chan's backstory at all. I really do hope it'll get another season so that we can finally see em.

Solid 9/10 from me for this season. Usually sequels of an original anime is a hit or miss and this definitely was a big hit. I'm even hoping for another season.
Jun 24, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2020
i cried ngl. zombieland saga revenge is so good. the last episode made me cry. 9/10
Jun 24, 2021 9:40 AM

Mar 2016
The finale was awesome, the CG performance was great, MAPPA really did well in this one.

I wonder what is going on with Kotaro's condition, he coughs out blood.

BUT WHAT'S THAT UFO IN THE END, IS SAGA GONE?

I hope we get another season or a movie. I'm going to miss this show for a while.
Jun 24, 2021 9:43 AM
Aug 2020
chakracat said:
That Queen's 1986 Wembley live reference holy fuck, hope someone else caught that.

This season's been nothing but quality. Gonna miss the girls.

Dude, yes! Freddie would have been proud. <3
Jun 24, 2021 9:44 AM
May 2016
Loved it great finale to a great season, and great sequel to a great show. Very impressive CG too.
Jun 24, 2021 9:51 AM

Dec 2020
Go go flan chouchou yjey are the best i love them. The animation for this episode was great this must be a lot of work for the animators i hope they treat them right.
It was a good sequel i like it but what was on the end i don’t get it?
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 24, 2021 9:52 AM

Aug 2018
elpsyk0ngroo17 said:
I had a goofy grin on my face the whole episode I can’t wait for season three (fingers crossed)

Same it was such an amazing Episode
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jun 24, 2021 9:52 AM

Aug 2018
Such an amazing Revenge Final Episode, so enjoyed it with a goofy grin on the face 😍
WTF was that ending Alien invaded earth and why was Koutaro bleeding ?
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jun 24, 2021 10:00 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
great show, when they originally announced a sequel i was stoked, but didn't know what was gonna happen in it, as most of the girls got their stories and arcs but the whole revenge plot was really well done and in the show's theme of rising up(even from the grave), along with some girls getting another arc.

they left room for a continuation with that weird alien stuff at the end, with kotaro's condition and most importantly to me, we're still missing the legendary number 0's backstory so i hope that will happen, i feel like despite not having such a huge following here on MAL(where it matters very little since everybody here sails the high seas), this is the kind of show that does get supported, it's an original about idols who are very merchandisable, along with a regional theme that might draw in sponsors, so i feel this is fairly likely, my fingers are crossed to see my girl sakura give her all for a third time.
Jun 24, 2021 10:01 AM
Aug 2020
It was a great final, but Aliens?? WTF???
Jun 24, 2021 10:05 AM

Sep 2019
I was about to say "won't they explain what happened to Koutarou and what that blood was?" but then the post credits scene happened. Bruh. What the fuck was that ending lmao. I hope they ended it like this because they'll make another season.
Jun 24, 2021 10:05 AM
May 2018
WTF are those Aliens that destroy everything at the end?
Koutaro bleeding? Wut?
I am so confused
Jun 24, 2021 10:08 AM

Oct 2017
Well, the concert was awesome.
The girls were gorgeous.
The songs were great.

But, WTF was that alien attack in the very end?!

And, no Tae backstory yet, pffft.

When does the next season start???

P.S.
I somewhat expected to hear Awaken Returner one more time...
Jun 24, 2021 10:12 AM
Dec 2017
Marcus5768 said:
Such an amazing Revenge Final Episode, so enjoyed it with a goofy grin on the face 😍

I think Kotaro is bleeding because of the deal he made with Old Man (Saga God?), and because of that he said that they all have a deadline (looks like - literally).
Jun 24, 2021 10:18 AM

Jan 2018
THAT WAS A SPECTACULAR FINALE. And Franchouchou's performance was incredible. Tae even did a little MC. They were able gather people all across Japan and gave them an epic performance they won't forget. Even Kotaro was overwhelmed. This was just one milestone for Franchouchou. They will keep moving forward to reach even greater heights. And Kotaro coughing out blood along with THAT ENDING makes you excited for what's to come.

Fantastic final episode. 10/10 season. Eagerly waiting for a season 3.
Jun 24, 2021 10:19 AM

Aug 2018
SAGA REVENGE!!!
THIS HAS BEEN AWESOME. I have loved this chapter quite a bit, the concert was great and all of SAGA has been supportive of the girls <3!!
Truly this 2nd season has been amazing.
Now then...WTF ABOUT THE ENDING?!!! I mean, there will be a 3rd season?...interesting. Or well maybe it could also be a movie, But we'll have to see what they announce.
Tamer2002Jun 24, 2021 3:51 PM
Jun 24, 2021 10:19 AM

Oct 2017
Sondfer said:
Marcus5768 said:

I think Kotaro is bleeding because of the deal he made with Old Man (Saga God?), and because of that he said that they all have a deadline (looks like - literally).

Maybe he has cancer or something.
He could become the next zombie, lol!
Jun 24, 2021 10:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, that was a great live, hats off to Franchouchou!

Saki-chan's advertisement for the event was fantastic too, proving her leadership skills in full force. Maimai-chan's activator instantly clicking was a nice little lol moment.

It's such a nice touch that those two old men were the first to appear for the live, they really deserve more attention. And the dramatic entrance for the Chicken lol, Tae-chan's formidable opponent in the making I see.

Koutaro in genuine tears finally. His life would've for sure been in danger if the live flopped xD considering the stunt he pulled off in the Governor's office or wherever. But wait, blood? Also, an explosion? Prophecy suggesting Saga's demise came true after all? We've been bombarded with a few Qs in the later episodes but this topped out, lol. Season 3 now, please!

All in all, it's been another very entertaining season of Zombieland Saga! I was a little worried after the start but thankfully it turned out to be needless concerns. MAPPA really knows how to deliver when it truly needs to.

Solid 8/10 from me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 24, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2011
Just the member introduction part got me excited already.
Franchouchou show is on equal foot with the Idolm@ster The Movie when 765 sing M@sterPiece, in every possible way of awesomeness.

How the Legendary Yamada Tae warmed up the crowd was really legendary heavy metal way.

This seriously was the culmination of both season.Halfway I was doubting that would have S3

Well now we have for season 3, Yamada Tae story, Tatsumi probably dying at the end, and aliens. My body is ready!
Jun 24, 2021 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
8/10 - while expecting there'll be a season 3.

Otherwise this would only be 7/10. I gave season 1 a 8/10. Would also have worked as standalone. But with season 2 the performances are getting repetitive. I still like the chars and some char episodes (the one for Tae was fun and the one with the radio moderator for example) but the background stuff shown in the previous episode (the 2 episodes frome the past) did not seem too interesting to me.

Now I at least want the full story. But it again ended with some cliffhanger. Hopefully the guy from the studio does another nice announcement of the next season. (The vid where this season got announced was fun ha ha.)

Seemed like some UFO destroyed Saga, lol? Would be fun if them reviiving as zombies actually changed the history to UFOs appearing. (And iif them getting killed/destroyed was the only option to save Saga.)
Jun 24, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2018
Sondfer said:
Marcus5768 said:

Damn I so want S3 of ZombieLand Saga
Jun 24, 2021 10:37 AM
Mar 2020
What a final episode , extremely beautiful, but what happened to kotaro , after this revenge I am craving for season 3,and if they do animate I hope it's doesn't take a lot of time like last one
Jun 24, 2021 10:38 AM
Dec 2020
I do not care about that UFO (It is probably just some kind of mest up joke), but why was blood on the ground and is that blood from Kotaro?
Jun 24, 2021 10:42 AM

Oct 2019
The best episode so far, I loved every bit of it. All three new songs were great as well. However that post-credit scene was weird even for this show. Was that, er, a huge ass alien spacecraft? Did it destroy a large part of Saga with that ID4-like beam? And is that spacecraft the source of Saga's curse or just another effect of it (like the deluge)?
I love cliff-hangers but this one was a bit too startling and abrupt, and it ended even more abruptly..
Jun 24, 2021 10:50 AM

May 2016
WTF THAT WAS THE MOST ABSURD END OF ALL ANIME.
Franchouchu finally made Saga memorable and then an alien ship destroys everything???
What the hell!?!? Only this anime could do something so crazy!
Jun 24, 2021 10:55 AM
Feb 2021
For me, this is the best chapter of all this, it surprised me in everything more visually.
Jun 24, 2021 11:05 AM
May 2018
Jun 24, 2021 11:11 AM

Jun 2020
That concert was so lit that the aliens decided to join the party! 💯

Please let there be a season 3. What was that cliffhanger?
Jun 24, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2019
Ah what a beautiful episode. I was really hype throughout most of it. Kinda got emotional lol. The blood from Kotarou is concerning. Was that a UFO at the end? Whatever it was, excited for the next season when it comes out.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

109 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

172 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2021

93 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.