Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 5, 2021 9:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The otaku inspiring the teaser with some Hajime no Ippo-like shadow boxing? SIGN ME UP, lest Naoto's clinchy surprise attack puts her in a daze lols. Of course, getting the gals Yoshi, Sakura and Gamo-chan all fired up to go sparring against Paisen, but Nagatoro keeping them at bay like a catwoman lols.

Too bad Naoto just couldn't have has quite oasis, and as usual occupied by Nagatoro's gang of gals. A bunch of guys playing around, and send in the assassin Sakura to solve the problem through sexual exploitation. Are you girls trying to vindicate that Naoto is a closet pervert by finding lewd books in the art room? You girls ARE ACTING SUS, and Naoto's got a good plan of where he hid his stash, and just by helping her out of compassion lols, that's no fun.

A new earring, and it looks nice to have one...matching ones at that, but what for if you have to go through the pain of piercing your ear for one. But Sakura getting her just desserts from a stalker belonging to the gamer group, what a way to fake it and lay the blame by asking for Naoto's help for a pretend date...something that Nagatoro is not fond of, but he has no choice but to go along with the whim. Gamo-chan and Yoshi being commentary banter is part of the fun, but Sakura getting serious and Nagatoro ending the charades game quick shows her irritation.

Senpai Naoto's always lewd, but Nagatoro might change soon from her beet red blemishes.
Jun 5, 2021 9:28 AM

Jun 2019
First, the sparring between Senpai and Nagatoro and then theta accidental hug. LOL. Senpai wanted some peace but his oasis is already occupied by troublemakers. But man, their techniques are completely evil. Senpai placing that ero-manga for Nagatoto's sake was sweet.

Then, that having a stalker was quite something when she asked Senpai to be her boyfriend. Nagatoro's face at that time was gold. LMAO. Going on a date and girls following them. Then, Nagatoro capturing that stalker out of jealousy. A pretty sweet episode as usual. Nagatoro's feelings are definitely accumulating towards Senpai.
Jun 5, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2020
More reverse teasing of nagatoro this episode with triple the fun!

Nagatoro has some mad limbs looking like an octopus shadow boxing lol. Was kinda her fault for mentioning senpai clinching her and her defending senpai was kinda cute, and again her limbs are crazy, where do I get some of those from?

Nagatoro and friends trolling the gamers seems just like them, a form of petty revenge that pits the awkward men against each other in a festival to see who will show the most love lol. It was kinda weird that nagatoro made the bet to find a naughty book in the first place, and even weirder that senpai wanted her to win so made it obvious - a little to obvious since yoshi and gamo saw what happened- where he would place the book lol. Them two being in their whole entire world is just what I expected, not even noticing the other two leave. And the most normal thing about that mini arc was senpai reading h manga for the 'plot' and the 'normal fantasy setting' and definitely not the explicit scenes like all cultured men do. Props to him.

Sakura getting stalked was somewhat different, since honestly the way she put it made it seem as though she was used to it, but had nefarious intentions behind them and it was obvious taht she was going to get senpai to be her pretend boyfriend, but what surprised me was that senpai actually agreed. At least we got some content out of that one. Seems like sakura is a dating expert taking the lead so to speak which caused the photo ops nagatoro to transfer into the police ops nagatoro who made the stalker confess his crimes. That end scene though, so blooming sweet.

Lovely stuff, as I said before nagatoro is going from strength to strength, and I'm bloody enjoying it, can't wait until next week!
LeviathanHWDJun 5, 2021 9:41 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 5, 2021 9:38 AM

Nov 2019
Always a classic, reading ecchi manga for the art style and the plot.

Nagatoro being so overly jealous of the pretended date was pretty amusing.

Jun 5, 2021 9:42 AM

May 2021
Great episode with the fake date. Love seeing Nagatoro’s jealous face though it honestly does scare me quite a bit lol. Looking forward to next ep next week. Would like to see more of the reverse teasing also.
Rem4lifexDJun 5, 2021 9:47 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 5, 2021 9:48 AM

Jan 2021
Oops, Nagatoro, admit that you want Paisen all to yourself 😂
That "I read it for the story and not for the erotic" sounds suspicious....
Tough break for Nagatoro.... Lucky Paisen, even if it's a lie he sure enjoyed it 0.0
Jun 5, 2021 9:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I love how MC moved the ecchi manga from the other room for Nagatoro to find it xD
And of course Nagatoro went full yandere because of the fake date with that other girl
Jun 5, 2021 9:53 AM

Feb 2019
Ah yes senpai do be a horny boy lol. That sequence was funny af. He’s also now got his first date how they way, albeit a fake one. The girls all know his eyes are for Nagatoro. Pretty fun and silly episode as usual. Continuing to get better.
Jun 5, 2021 9:57 AM

Jan 2018
Stupid wholesome show, gonna be gutted in a few weeks when the season is over.

Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Jun 5, 2021 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, I assume the "Ippo" show mentioned by Nagatoro is Hajime no Ippo since it's also about boxing. Funny how Nagatoro and her female friends took control of Senpai's space like they own it.

The pretend boyfriend scenes stunned Nagatoro as expected. I love how she overreacted similar to how she gets jealous in other episodes. Classic Nagatoro.
Jun 5, 2021 10:30 AM
Dec 2011
Senpais first date was very cute. I think Nagatoro is showing even more that she likes him. Really liking how this story is coming along.
Jun 5, 2021 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
Nagotoro getting jealous whenever any of her friends try to tease senpai in a touchy way and in this case the pretend date is always amusing to watch. I'm pretty sure her friends do it on purpose. xD

Senpai bringing the ero manga in so Nagotoro wouldn't lose the competition was pretty nice of him.
Jun 5, 2021 10:55 AM

Oct 2020
Ah yes, Senpai definitely read ecchi mangas for the artwork and the plot. Haha, senpai really thought Nagatoro actually pierced him. I think that date went pretty well; they scared off that ugly bastard stalker.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2021 11:03 AM

Jan 2017
I still shocked how well TAF is adapting 774-sensei art style to life in this anime.
Jun 5, 2021 11:03 AM

Jul 2014
I had this thought at this point in the manga, but I can now say it again: at this point, the series has settled too well into a comfort zone and is starting to become slightly boring as a result. We know the score with Nagatoro being "protective" of Senpai when her friends want to tease her too, and it feels like we're stuck in a rut with that and their relationship in general. Even the way the friends act is basically the same every time, and it is starting to feel somewhat stale.

Thankfully, I know we'll be meeting a new character before this cour ends which will spice things up a little. This series certainly demonstrates why romcoms tend to introduce new characters every so often, as a series can easily end up settling into a rut if it doesn't keep spicing things up every now and then.
Jun 5, 2021 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
plot> ecchi scenes

We clearly see this in the scenes after the credits. hehe
Jun 5, 2021 11:19 AM

Dec 2020
Great episode Nagatoro with boxing skills nice haha and naoto should be able to hug her and she is so embarrassed was so LOL. Gamo san, yoshi and sakura but nagatoro want that only she play with him.
Sakura VA is so good haha i love her, sakura got stalked by a creepy xD and the Naoto plays as her boyfriend.
Nagatoro don’t want you see she wants him alone.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 5, 2021 11:23 AM

Dec 2020
naoto-sen : having a good day
nagatoro appears
naoto-sen : day ruined

i kinda want to be his friend tho,,he really need his peace
I want to commit Ctrl+f4 nya~ o3o
Jun 5, 2021 11:25 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Advertisement for Hajime no Ippo. Now that's what I like.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jun 5, 2021 11:38 AM

Feb 2014
I can't get enough of seeing Nagatoro being so obsessively jealous whenever another girl gets all close to him and this episode had those moments in a boat-load. I enjoy seeing her like this as much as her teasing Senpai every minute, so I want more of this in the next episode, please! =3

Not just that, but I really liked how Senpai felt bad for Nagatoro when she was challenged by her friend to prove that he kept ecchi content in the art room, so he went into the storage room to get his ecchi book, which he reads for the plot instead of the "plot" (Lies, he obviously reads it for both!) and placed it within Nagatoro's vision so that she could win her little battle.

Slowly but surely, you can tell that she has feelings for Senpai. We didn't get as many wholesome moments compared to last week, but the few that did happen here was still as sweet as ever.
Jun 5, 2021 11:39 AM

Dec 2013
Even Gamou an Yoshi had to bailout with the Ero book bit from watching those two love birds haha.
Jun 5, 2021 11:48 AM

Feb 2021
Senpai is sus again

Jun 5, 2021 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode of Hajime no Nagatoro.

Her practicing the flicker, Senpai with the Dempsey Roll on the intermission card xD

As for the second intermission card

Amusing homage to that panel

The other parts were funny as usual. Lol @ Sakura messing with the guys. How wicked. Came to love her quickly.

Nagatoro keeping up the jealous eyes the entire time killed me too.
FMmatronJun 5, 2021 6:51 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2021 12:24 PM

Jul 2020
This was a fun episode.

I'm not a very big fan of Nagatoro's look with the earring, I've never been a big fan of earrings, or necklaces. I'm gonna be quite disappointed if this show goes 12 entire episodes, without a confession from Nagatoro or Senpai after all that's developed over the past few episodes.
Jun 5, 2021 12:30 PM

Oct 2020
Another great episode, they very effectively stitched several different chapters together there. I loved how happy and excited Nagatoro was when she found Senpai’s hentai. 😆

Technically that wasn’t Senpai’s first date, as he and Nagatoro had that test date at the hanabi festival (that one wasn’t real either but neither was his date with Sakura). I loved all the stuff with Nagatoro telling Sakura she’d end up with two stalkers! 😂

Next week, the udderly terrifying Pres finally arrives!
Junichi_HashibaJun 5, 2021 1:26 PM
Jun 5, 2021 12:36 PM
Dec 2018
This were my favorite chapters in the manga and now seeing them animated is just great, this is my favorite episode so far, and it will get so much better
Jun 5, 2021 12:37 PM

Jul 2011
Naoto is just cool with Nagatoro, even if is to plant evidences to be teased.

Nagatoro faces when she is teased is such a fun, always.
Jun 5, 2021 12:54 PM

Oct 2008
Well, there are the titles for this ep 9:

Part A: Nagatoro Expose Senpai

Part B: Nagatoro, the c*ck-blocker!

Poor senpai! Nice ep though.
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Jun 5, 2021 12:57 PM

May 2021
Another fun episode! Loved the references, and the last part had me in discomfort the whole time

Jun 5, 2021 2:12 PM
May 2020
Who was the girl in the preview? New character?
Jun 5, 2021 2:17 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I loved the Hajime no Ippo references in the first part and the making fun of the whole fake date troupe in the last part of the episode.
Jun 5, 2021 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
Good, they finally changed their outfits. God, there are so many good/decent animes like this that just simply stick to one outfit the whole damn time or only barely showing one or two at most. I hope that from now on we get to see them in other outfits aswell. The reason I like when they change clothes is because it also accentuates their beauty and changes a bit the way I see them as characters, they feel more human like. Seeing them in the same outfit over and over gets repetitive and even if the action is different, the feeling is kinda the same everytime.. For me at least..

Can't get over Nagatoros jealousy though:) She's cute, I hope that we get to see chad Paisen again. I also wonder if the girl in the preview will try to have a relationship with him, it will cause some drama to say the least...

I have a feeling that the series is improving with every new episode now. I'm looking forward to see them *cough*... in Sport clothes ):
removed-userJun 5, 2021 2:31 PM
Jun 5, 2021 2:49 PM

Jan 2015
I wonder if we will ever get actual development
I guess not, just like every other romcom
Jun 5, 2021 3:05 PM
May 2020
nagatoro's reactions are wholesome as helll fam
Jun 5, 2021 3:38 PM
Mar 2021
What Hachiouji did for Nagatoro when she was searching for "dirty magazines" is wholesome. He did the right thing, though... in that context that is.

Also, Nagatoro getting jealous over Haciouji's pretend-date is golden LUL.
Jun 5, 2021 4:24 PM

Jan 2020
That was so sweet when senpai put that manga in that room for her :)

This is getting better for me each week and I'm honestly looking forward to the next episode

Jun 5, 2021 4:43 PM
Dec 2018
Must admit, I had my doubts about this show after the first episode. But a few people said it gets better so I checked out the manga and it really did improve after the early chapters. Am really enjoying the show now, the girls all love Paisen, in their own way, and he is gradually getting a bit more confident around them, while still keeping some of his awkwardness. But now it is endearing, rather than irritating. Seeing him bring the book into the room for Nagatoro to find, it really was a big step forward for him. Even if he doesn't realise it, he enjoys their company and would probably be lost without them. The fact that he is just his awkward self, and not fake, makes them like him, even if they love to tease him. 4 girls don't follow you around all the time unless they like you. He just isn't quite confident or arrogant enough to realise it.

The preview seemed to show what looks like the President of the Art Club. I hope so, she is a fantastic character and it will really get crazy once she joins in!

Jun 5, 2021 4:59 PM

Mar 2010
I was expecting nagatoro to be a bit more jelly.. and was hoping for the date to last a bit longer.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 5, 2021 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
Great adaptation. Glad they combined the classroom incident with the stalker incident in one episode. Made more sense imo. Nagatoro being somewhat angry at the end was cute af.

Next Week...THE PRESIDENT!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 5, 2021 5:29 PM

Mar 2021
Senpai sacrificing himself and bringing out his ero manga to save Nagatoro was really cute :)

Ah, a man of culture - reading for the plot, and not for the booba.

Gamo and Yosshi are becoming more and more fun each episode.

The pretend date was fun, I wish it lasted longer but Jealous Nagatoro is very jealous.
Sakura was great this episode, her voice and faces are stunning. She even suspects that Paisen already has someone he wants to date ;)

Jun 5, 2021 5:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ippo surely give Naga a lot of motivation to be nice that time. But, as always Paisen goes brrr completely and clinched Naga, lefting the girl in a confusion and almost associated with those pervert move. The girls wanted to sparring with him. But as always, Naga will come to rescue.

Oasis Paisen got occupied, can't do much rather accepting it. Poor senpai. The reason behind their occupation is very classic. But the way they resolved those problem really out of the box. Oppai for every solution. The way they acted in the next phase really an awkward. I like how those both self-aware with that. Their respond after seeing them like that. Lol, had me one two chuckle.

Ah, their way to get rid of the previous problem seems to bring some more problem. Paisen be forced to clear it, which is created another jealousy around Naga. But, the way its resolved kinda underwhelming. Even i don't even see how good Paisen activity over those pretended date. I thought some spicy moves will be done. But ... Okay, Naga, okay, i understand your worry, just own your paisen by yourself. Its fine.

So thats how its done!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 5, 2021 7:13 PM

Feb 2021
At the end it was sort of date with Paisen and Nagatoro since they were alone. I dont really want to watch this show but after i watch a new episode i feel like it was a 20 mins well worth spend.
Jun 5, 2021 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode as always but that ending could have been so much better, i was expecting a little more.

But overall great as always, Nagatoro was so tilted ahah
And when she closes her eye a little, that evil look, it's so good ahah
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 5, 2021 9:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This show continues to be one of my absolute favorites, and I’m starting to really like Sakura, she’s like the perfect ditzy girl, even took advantage of those gamers, they never stood a chance. Loved the pretend date too, never get tired of the extremely jealous Nagatoro lol.
Jun 5, 2021 9:55 PM
Feb 2020
I thought I was going to hate this and it was going to be another uzaki chan but I’m lowkey starting to enjoy it.
Jun 5, 2021 11:20 PM

Jul 2016
Another week, another episode with Senpai being humiliated for being virgin at age 16. Aside from Sakura's character getting more attention, nothing major happened. "Hajime no Ippo" references in the intermission cards were nice tho.
Jun 5, 2021 11:43 PM

Feb 2021
Hajime no Ippo references lol. Watching Senpai go on fake date with her friend was painful to watch for Nagatoro. Also slight disappointment on Nagatoro's face when Senpai agreed that he isn't really ready to go on dates.

Jun 6, 2021 12:52 AM
Jul 2017
Gamo, Yoshi and Sakura are just trolling Nagatoro now aren't they?

I can't tell if they're just being dicks because it's funny, or if they support the ship but are going to have fun with it until Nagatoro finally admits her true feelings for Sempai
Jun 6, 2021 3:01 AM

Jul 2012
The Hajime no Ippo segment was great. Nagatoro seemed to be using Mashiba's style during the shadow boxing and sparring.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jun 6, 2021 4:03 AM

Aug 2017
Blonde girl is hot and senpai has a nice harem. A good episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.