Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 14, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode's fight at the sea plays out like a monster movie.

Gotta give props to Gauma, Dynazenon, and the crew for fighting the good fight together. That kajiu monster had a lot of firepower. Definitely one of my favorite battles to watch from this series. Dynazenon used all of its tool set to show how badass it is.

May 14, 2021 7:11 AM

Feb 2019
Of course Funi don’t have the episode up yet 🤦🏽‍♂️

Episode finally up on Funimation and what an episode it was. In Dynazenon we always get hype about the fights and flashy scenes, but no one ever really stops to think about the impact these fights have on the areas they take place in. Koyomi got to learn that the hard way today and it definitely shook him to his core. But I think he learnt an important lesson.

So the Tsuburaya universe finally coming together. Grid knight is here. He and second came in clutch with the heal on Dynazenon and that OST during the final fight was insane. Their combo finisher was really hype too. Looking forward to seeing how gridknight and Dynazenon work together in the second half of the show.

One other thing I really liked was Yomogi and Yume’s conversation and ice cream trip. Their chemistry is really really good and feels so organic. Great job by their seiyuus.
Marinate1016May 14, 2021 7:55 AM
May 14, 2021 7:30 AM

Apr 2016
I really, really want to know ... are we matrix again, or are we not matrix again. When the show started i was kinda convinced that its the real world and not a VR ... but now im not so sure anymore.

Dude theres literally Anti whos not Anti actually .. in this, how can it NOT be a matrix all over again ??? Is TRIGGER playing us all like a damn fiddle again ? Or am i missing some very important detail from the gridmanverse.

But good for unemployed-kun, he did the right thing with the husband.
May 14, 2021 7:35 AM
Apr 2020
Swagernator said:
I really, really want to know ... are we matrix again, or are we not matrix again. When the show started i was kinda convinced that its the real world and not a VR ... but now im not so sure anymore.

Maybe it's a Multiverse thing; Gridman's world and Dynazenon's world are but 2 of numerous parallel universes out there.

Which means if even more Gridman Universe series get made in the future, everyone could end up uniting in an equivalent of Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths.
May 14, 2021 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
Good lord, Anti's grown-up look with Gridknight and fighting on his usual good-bad antics, he's so much edgier since Gridman.

Of course, for the life of Dynazenon's cast, they can't figure out who this "Purple Superman" is (until Anti shows up in front of Gauma and Co). And Koyomi, you should've left your crush's husband in the rubble (if you want to salvage your relationship with the teacher).

Dynazenon's damage is lethal, but so too is Yume's estranged relationship with her deceased older sister Kano through bullying or suicide regardless.

Other than the hilarty of the naming beams, the double team of Onija and Mijuna vs. Anti and Dynazenon always ends in the victory of the robots. "We'll do better next time," to hell with it, better make that promise come true.

Good to see Chise and Koyomi back hanging out together again amidst the troubles.
May 14, 2021 7:57 AM
Sep 2015
I LOL at "something beam!"
May 14, 2021 7:58 AM

May 2009
Wow Anti and Anosillus are older
May 14, 2021 8:00 AM
Apr 2020
Dynazenon model kit unboxing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2wCrWAaYyQ

Dynazenon figure review (in Japanese only): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAL8RAlch7E

GoodSmile Co. will also be releasing a Yume action figure (in zerogravity floating pose) in April 2022.
https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/11180/YUME+MINAMI.html?utm_content=new%2CYumeMinami&utm_campaign=677a6fca0ff540e097673cc9c5d5917b-755974370&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=social
May 14, 2021 8:05 AM

Jul 2019
This show is good, man. This episode had so many amazing character interactions, some of the best i have honestly seen in anime. The battle at the end was pretty fun too. And man is seeing Anti and Anosillus make me smile, and they are hot now too so thats a plus. How this has a lower score than gridman i have absolutely no idea.
May 14, 2021 8:17 AM

Jan 2009
this might be an alternate universe or this is really a sequel to the first Gridman anime

that is clearly Anti and the Kaiju girl in the previous Gridman anime, and they are lovers now?

they even have the Fixer Beam lol

May 14, 2021 8:23 AM

Apr 2016
bastek66 said:

Its like that meme "careful who you call ugly in the middle school" lol.
May 14, 2021 8:56 AM

Oct 2017
Holy smokes Anti and the kaiju shoujo from Gridman is here, I was screaming when I saw em. They are even older and came to this world to save it from Kaijus now that the world barrier is weaker. Also from Anti's reaction seems like they are a couple. So from this we can be sure that SSSS.Dynazenon is set a few years after the events of SSSS.Gridman but in an alternate world.

Yomogi x Yume interactions were sweet in this episode and their ship is going strong now. Also RIP Koyomi's first love for the final time. Koyomi x Chise ftw.

Also Onija's quote saying real Kaiju users dun sleep. Could it be forshadowing that Juuga is not a real Kaiju user since he was sleeping?

Btw after watching this episode it made me think that the girl that Gauma is looking for could be Akane from Gridman.
May 14, 2021 8:59 AM
May 2016
Well Anti and Anosillus added nothing, still "meh" as heck, dropping for now, maybe I'll return to it when it ends.
May 14, 2021 9:04 AM

Oct 2020
Wait, is that Anti and that Kaiju girl all grown up now? A pretty interesting episode. We got to see a lot of interactions within the Dynazenon crew and a lot of interaction within the kaiju Eugenists. The interactions between Minami and Yomogi were really cute. I love the scene where Yomogi cries after hearing Minami's story. The fight against the Kaiju was so amazing. I'd love to see more of Gridknight fighting with Dynazenon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2021 9:13 AM

Jun 2020
Wait I think they are new characters until people say it's Anti and that kaiju girl from Gridman. I didn't even realized them.

There's more chance to meet Akane in here.
May 14, 2021 10:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Give moah Mujina please!!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 14, 2021 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
my teeth from the sfx of them biting down and chomping on the lollipops 😖
May 14, 2021 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
bastek66 said:

It's nice to see them grown up, Anti is still Anti and Anosillus looking more feminine
RedChromeMay 14, 2021 12:18 PM
May 14, 2021 12:29 PM
May 14, 2021 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't even realize that that was Anti, let alone who that girl was... and now I've only just realized why she's The Second lmao. Damn, she sure has grown up. I loved Anti's reaction when Gauma touched the girl haha.

The fight was amazing. I don't know what else to say, it was awesome xD.

It seems that Mujina is now more committed to the Eugenecists, will this be the end of the ship from the previous episode? What is for sure is that Koyomi already put an end to his past crush, I liked that he hung up on her. And good for him for helping the husband.

I'm glad Yume and Yomogi are back as usual, that was a nice scene.
May 14, 2021 12:38 PM

Feb 2012
00:25 Trigger added them to the opening! Anti/Knight is also holding an umbrella for Anosillus II (returning the favour from the end of SSSS.GRIDMAN!)

00:39 So it was Gridknight behind Chise in the opening. There's also her "Kaiju egg" at 00:45

01:51 "Kaiju appearing a world weakens the barrier". So with the presence of two known Computer World inhabitants, I think we can conclude this series isn't set in the real world. It's not necessarily Akane's world. In Denkou Choujin Gridman each microchip had its own world and Gridman went through cables and wires (depicted as pink tunnels) to travel between each world.

01:58 Anti goes by "Knight (-kun)" now, he is no longer Akane's anti-Gridman weapon, but a full-fledged hyper agent.

04:32 A crab hiding from it's natural predator, Gauma.

06:07 Koyomi's side-plot is moving along. Initially hesitant to rescue Inamoto's husband that didn't say his name correctly, but goes through with the humanitarian deed as he recalls what he said when asked about his job.

10:16 As the Gridknight Alliance, Knight has an SG Rodimus flame on his lapel and Anosillus II has Unison's treble clef on her lapel, like Neon Genesis Junior High's suits. Weapon on the back just like Samurai Calibur.

His hair covers his red eye, showing his blue eye which signifies his change of allegiance.

11:01 A Patlabor reference. Yomogi calling out Gauma, who rolled up out of no where to fight Kaiju in episode 1.

13:19 "Someone who lived in a world I couldn't reach". Another computer world or perhaps reality. I've been speculating Yuka for a while now. Akane could be a possibility.

15:35 I'm really glad that Trigger have depicted Yomogi doing the ugly cry upon listening to Yume.

18:18 There it is, the crossed-arms pose by Gridknight!

To go with the gorgeously animated fight is the SSSS.GRIDMAN OST and Anti's character song, "My Way"!

Anosillus II uses a one-time fixer beam on Dynazenon by performing a move similar to Unison.

Epic team up.

20:37 lmao Anosillus II is completely unfazed as Knight grabs Gauma's hand. Gauma apologises in a frightened tone.

Don't touch her.
Fortress_MaximusMay 14, 2021 4:02 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 14, 2021 12:46 PM

Aug 2020
OOOOOH SHIT THE GLOWUP

Well tbh I would have like to see her younger version one more time it was so fucking cute , but this works as well.
I think it is getting more and more clearer that this is definitely a sequel to gridman . Even the fixer beam was there....
And once again graphinica flexing their cg capabilities . They are so damn good .

I am really starting to feel like the person gauma is looking for akane indeed . It was speculated since the beginning , but it is getting more and more clearer .
May 14, 2021 12:54 PM

Nov 2012

Older Anosillus the 2nd is mad cute.

The dual attack was pretty cool.
May 14, 2021 1:51 PM

Mar 2008
Anti and Anosillus show up to help the gang. That fight was awesome. Glad Yume and Yomogi grew a little closer to each other.
May 14, 2021 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
Anti is back! WHAAAAA lol
Don't believe the hype.
May 14, 2021 4:52 PM

May 2020
Now we are talking, this is by far my favorite episode.

Looking forward to what can happen next, TRIGGER can make some good shit now with Dynazenon and Gridman connected.
May 14, 2021 6:00 PM

Oct 2008
oh a gridknight!
nice team-up with dynazenon!
5/5.

May 14, 2021 6:26 PM
Jul 2018
The fights were really very lively and it was really good.
May 14, 2021 6:41 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Ok I have to admit, Anti has really cool hair. As for his assistant, her name is The Second. Anyone else notice her eyes are the exact same as Akane's? And with her name being The Second, I think it's obvious what she's the second of.

Looks like everything is back to normal. Koyomi had a chad moment and saved the husband despite not liking him. And Gauma seemed to not be the biggest fan of Anti at the end there.

Also I think this episode had some nice shots that really stood out to me. Solid episode.
May 14, 2021 7:03 PM

Nov 2014
Are those really anti and the kaijuu girl from gridman? does this mean we will get to see the rest of the cast later? because i hope so...

Im glad koyomi decided to help that girls husband (i forgot her name) and seems like he has decided to move on from now on.
May 14, 2021 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
HOLY SH- my brain did not realize it was those two due to how drastic of a age jump it's been from grindman ,all my real homies like Anosillus and Anti now.

cool fight, like how everyone patched up so smoothly ,excited to see where this goes now if there's a chance my girl shows up again
May 14, 2021 8:49 PM

Jul 2014
Ayoooo Anti and Anosillus all grown up lol, Anosillus lookin mad fine there! anyways by far the best ep for me, Im really connecting with these characters, especially with Yume, her story intrigues me the most out of all the cast, Yomogi being there for her helps this be bearable for her situation. I didnt expect Yomogi crying there tho, ngl I was getting a lil bit teary myself with the way Yume was telling her story about her big sis, feels like somewhere along the road her big sis is gonna play a role in all this.
Cannot wait for more! wonder if we'll be seeing more gridman characters before it ends, would love to see an adult Rikka and Akane... dear God just imagining what adult Rikka would look like... Mujina giving me my weekly dose of thighs but Rikka's were OG's.
May 14, 2021 9:01 PM

Jun 2020
This EPISODE is soo HYPEE unlike any other episode, that was aired hope more of this comes in the future, and since anti and 2nd is here maybe we will see some of Calibur and the others from the Gridman universe
May 15, 2021 1:41 AM

Nov 2013
yay dynazenon is back in the game, although i really thought the black kaiju was the girl gauma is looking for
May 15, 2021 3:42 AM

May 2020
Really interesting developments happening this episode. Fairly certain that the Gridknight Alliance is composed of Anti and the Kaiju girl, which makes me wonder how the Dynazenon universe is tied in with the Gridman universe (as well as hopefully the appearance of other Gridman characters?)

Fixer beam was also used this episode, but I found the way it used to be really interesting. Seems like it's no longer just limited to Gridman, but can also be used from a handheld device. They also mentioned that they only have one, which brings up how they even obtained it in the first place.

The change to the opening with Gridknight now included does make me wonder more about Chise's role in the story as well. We basically got confirmation that Anti is operating Gridknight, but the placement of the Gridknight cut in the opening right after Chise still makes me think she's somehow involved with Gridknight. She's been really suspicious this entire time, and I'm speculating still speculating what could possibly be underneath her black arm cover.

On a side note, I really enjoyed the conversations shown with both team Dynazenon as well as the Kaijiu Eugenicists. I liked the conversation between Yomogi and Yume especially, but the interactions between the Kaijiu Eugenicists does give a little bit to think about as well (especially with Sizumu mentioning how real Kaijiu Eugenicists don't sleep???)

Overall I think there is a lot to think about going into the next episode. I'm a little bit skeptical with the direction the show is taking, but hopefully it'll be able to reach the same heights Gridman near the end. Can't wait for the next episode!
May 15, 2021 5:15 AM

Oct 2016
Man, what an awesome episode! Immediately noticed the changes in the OP, they added Gridknight and The Second.

But, holy fuck though I can't fucking believe it, Anti and Anosillus all grown up, I love it. Anti pretty much inherited Samurai Calibur's coolness and Anosillus looks cute as hell. Also noticed some pretty familiar soundtracks from Gridman. Plus they played Anti's song when Dynazenon and Gridknight teamed up against the kaiju, so fucking hype. And they got access to like mini fixer beams, that's really cool.

Really interested as well with the Kaiju Eugenicists, they're gonna kill all of humanity huh. Shizumu also made an interesting comment that real Kaiju Users doesn't sleep while Juuga is sleeping. Glad we got some Mujina shine though and for once Onija didn't almost die lmao.

Also happy that Yomogi and Yume made up, the relationship is progressing smoothly, hopefully nothing hampers it. Chise is still a huge mystery though, but I am proud of Koyomi for saving the husband despite his hate for him. Really looking forward to the next episode.
May 15, 2021 6:34 AM
Apr 2020
7.7 voice drama already up. Just a sidestory where Yume asks Mei to cover for her during stakeout night at the Tokyo Aqualine Expressway rest stop.
https://streamable.com/goxteu

sKyBlazer08 said:

Really interested as well with the Kaiju Eugenicists, they're gonna kill all of humanity huh.

Which brings the question; what exactly is the eugenists' ultimate endgoal from killing everyone? Turning the world into an unsullied paradise for kaiju to grow and roam freely?
May 15, 2021 1:15 PM

Jul 2017
Damn, the fluid movement from SSSS.GRIDMAN is back with the appearance of Gridknight. what a great fight scene we got from this episode!

boy oh boy Anti sure now how to make an appearance. and Anosillus too. I forgot what Anosillus' did back in Gridman. Who is she anyway can someone kindly refresh my memory 'bout Anosillus :((
May 15, 2021 2:57 PM

Jun 2013
Ok but that whole segment of Yume and Yomogi was Gorgeous. It was particularly refreshing to see trigger finally nailing a romantic-ish subplot scene this smoothly and with such sincerity, tbh.
May 16, 2021 12:36 AM

Aug 2015
Something I noticed between episodes six and seven. Yume and Yomogi have indeed grown closer as you can see from these subtle visuals.
Controversial opinions
May 16, 2021 9:56 AM
Jun 2019
So they aren't going to address the massive damage to the city and loss of life? Yuma's parents let her stay at a friend's house when there are massive Kaiju/robots destroying the city? What?

Anyway, loved seeing anti and Kaiju girl again. Hope it wasn't just a cameo.
May 17, 2021 2:24 AM
Jul 2018
Is it weird that I got through that entire episode without realising that yes those two characters are in fact Anti and Anosillus II? I got really confused when “My Way” started playing because I thought they were going the route of GridKnight being some other guy in this reality or whatever, haha.

Kinda feel a bit weird about the episode in general. While it was cool to see GridKnight again it kinda felt like for the most part him being here just kinda stole the limelight from the new characters for the sake of a cameo. As is we’re 7 episodes in and I still don’t feel like I have a good grasp on what the show is actually about.
removed-userMay 17, 2021 2:28 AM
May 17, 2021 7:50 AM

Jul 2008
zz2000 said:
Which brings the question; what exactly is the eugenists' ultimate endgoal from killing everyone? Turning the world into an unsullied paradise for kaiju to grow and roam freely?

Doubt it. As I remember they said that the Kaiju are created by humanity's wishes. So erasing humanity erases the kaiju.

ruiadrmartins said:
So they aren't going to address the massive damage to the city and loss of life? Yuma's parents let her stay at a friend's house when there are massive Kaiju/robots destroying the city? What?

Ep1 already showed that humans in this world are... well, weird. They all act like getting killed by Kaiju is normal.
If this world was created by someone like Gridman's was created by Akane, then I guess that this god isn't putting as much effort into making a realistic depiction of humanity as Akane did.
May 22, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2008
Hello Anti, Anosillus you are all grown up.

Now we need Gridman to show.
May 30, 2021 10:42 AM

Mar 2010
Haha Red head girl is the only one that is in the right mind. Also when that lad heard his crush was married he should have just not givin a shit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 13, 2021 1:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow! The kids from Gridman are now older and present in Dynazenon! Yume opened her heart and seems like the internal conflict is kinda resolved for her relationship with Yomogi
Jun 18, 2021 10:37 PM

Mar 2010
Well I have switched to whatever side Anti is on lol I only care about Gauma on the Dynazenon side.
Jun 25, 2021 5:08 PM

Aug 2017
Are in the real world or is another computer World like Gridaman? At least we have characters from Gridman so we have a connection.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 15, 2021 5:58 AM

Feb 2018
The fight was awesome, the way the Dynazenon was healed was a bit questionable, oh well :P. Scene between Yume & Yomogi was so wholesome ^
Sep 5, 2021 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
Almost didn't recognise them but nice seeing older Anti and Anosillus from Gridman, they definitely have a cooler look to them now.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

121 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 11:53 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2021

106 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 11:06 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2021

63 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 10:41 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2021

58 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 10:08 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

80 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.