Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 3, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The idol group Mystery Kiss may have made its debut earlier in the show, but we haven't got to see from their manager: the fox Yamamoto's POV. But if there's one thing: Mitsuya's helping the distraught Tanaka trace down Odokawa's taxi, and with Shiho trying to imitate Nikaido's ways of making it big in the idol business. That business is very lucrative, and for all 3 to shine as a group, might as well shine like a diamond, rather than a carbon gemstone. Of course, Odokawa doesn't care about the pleasantries of anything idol-related, and he's purely the same social commentary character. Using Odokawa's taxi as an advertisement publicity campaign, he may not be interested, but count it as helping someone out.

Doctor Goriki calling in Odokawa to check on him, and it's confirmed that his medicine are slowly being stolen out of his clinic (see Episode 1). Trying to pin the blame on Shirakawa is the only likely suspect in Odokawa's sight since her back-end deal with Dobu, and the questioning in his taxi pretty much affirms his suspicions about Dobu wanting to get back at Yano. Thankfully, Odokawa is getting better at trying to evade Dobu's threats, and with each passing step, the latter is getting more attention to be targeted.

Kakihana sure is having a good time with Shiho for a date, and both have a common theme in being poor chaps...just that Kakihana tries TOO hard to impress Shiho with whatever he can muster. The hardcore fan of Nikaido, Imai winning a million yen lottery aside, it's Twitter wannabe Kabusawa who steals the spotlight by proclaiming his capture of the criminal Dobu. THAT'S...A PRETTY BOLD CLAIM, given that it went viral easily.

AHHH that loan repayment...

The mystery is slowly racking up...
KANLen09May 3, 2021 12:02 PM
May 3, 2021 12:00 PM

Feb 2020
Was hoping to see what Tanaka is going to do to our taxi driver, but seems like not much so far except placing a GPS in the car.

Haha he got loaned that money... yeah was kinda expecting that once he kept getting confused the whole time at the restaurant. Though about that, I feel like he will be looking for other ways to get money; might tie into the whole story as well.

Can't help but feel that Kabasawa might just die somehow, probably to be silenced. Who knows.
May 3, 2021 12:08 PM

Jan 2021
Oh, I like how this episode ties in with the previous ones
The stolen medicine, the ticket bought by Imai and Kabasawa wanting to be famous, I feel like he's going to get into big trouble

Kakihana's date doesn't even seem to be going well, I can see the girl's real intention from afar 0.0
May 3, 2021 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
I'm getting more and more into this show now 5 episodes in. Like the interactions, the subtle mystery elements surrounding Odokawa and the city itself while having a mellow, relaxing tone to the whole show. That OP really does set the tone so well for the episodes to come after. The whole experience with this anime was average at the start, but now, it's getting pretty good. Good to see that, making this season an even stronger one as a whole.
May 3, 2021 12:14 PM

Jun 2019
Odokawa sure has to take some interesting bunch on the daily basis. Well, it can be said about any taxi driver but we'll just talk about our MC. Firstly, that manager from Mystery Kiss and his all ruckus about buying all the data from Odokawa about the girl he dropped by a few weeks ago.

Then, we saw Tanaka tailing him with another Taxi. That's creepy. Poor Doctor wants to close his clinic because he can't blame Shirakawa for medication stealing and it would be interesting to see why's she involved with him in the first place. Odokawa can't stand that she's been stealing medicines from Doctor's clinic and why she didn't tell him about it.
Kakihana really is in blind love. He can't even see that he's with a gold digger at the moment. I hope he gets over it soon and not ruin his own life.

This show is really something in terms of storytelling, nothing too superficial but still makes me wanna watch more of it. Another good episode.
May 3, 2021 12:40 PM

Jul 2011
Shiho can be or not be a gold digger. I have the feeling that she knows about Kakihana bluff, and want to see until when he will keep with his lies.
May 3, 2021 12:58 PM

Jan 2016
BlichoBoy said:
Shiho can be or not be a gold digger. I have the feeling that she knows about Kakihana bluff, and want to see until when he will keep with his lies.
She definitely is - context from another point in the episode shows that. She mentioned having to talk to older guys with her manager. I think that she is being put up to find wealthy men so that they can spend money on her CD's.
May 3, 2021 12:59 PM

Sep 2019
Wow that guy hit the lottery with the numbers that Odokawa gave him, which were from the photo that Eiji took. The idol girl hid a phone in between the seats, I wonder why she did that.
May 3, 2021 1:47 PM

Jan 2021
z00nex said:
Wow that guy hit the lottery with the numbers that Odokawa gave him, which were from the photo that Eiji took. The idol girl hid a phone in between the seats, I wonder why she did that.

She did it so Tanaka would be able to track Odokawa using GPS. But I do wonder how Tanaka knows the idol girl
May 3, 2021 1:59 PM

Sep 2019
Hyskoa_Morroh said:
z00nex said:

She did it so Tanaka would be able to track Odokawa using GPS.
Oh. I must've missed it then.
May 3, 2021 2:00 PM

May 2018
Girls that age especially ones trying to be idols, all look the same to me.

Truer worlds have never being spoken.
May 3, 2021 3:01 PM

Nov 2013
It seems like every character will be involved with the "girl-disappearing" mystery towards the end of the series.
May 3, 2021 3:55 PM

Apr 2021
I want to know why Shiho is going out with Kakihana. She talked to the manager about not wanting to talk to older guys anymore. Strange

May 3, 2021 4:08 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A True Villain puts rocks on railway tracks and steal bicycle seats! That was one of the best parts of this episode. LOL I still look forward each week to this series. So good!
May 3, 2021 5:08 PM

Jun 2019
Things keep on building as more characters become entagled within each others’ lives. This anime is going to be crazy once shit starts to go down.

It was strange that we didn’t see what happened with Tanaka when he arrived at Odokawa’s house. Maybe that will be shown next episode.

Eiji is doing some stupid shit taking out loans to impress that girl. You feel bad for him, but this is all stuff he is doing willingly.
May 3, 2021 6:34 PM

Feb 2015
Odd Taxi might as well be titled Bad decisions - the anime, lmao.
Another fantastic episode. It's pretty clear that Shiho is dating older and especially rich men cause her manager told her to. Someone's gotta buy those CDs.

The hippo kid is literally the embodyment of cringy gen z tik-tok kids ^^'
Threatening an actual criminal on the internet just for fame, might as well eat some tide pods.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
May 3, 2021 7:03 PM
Mar 2021
Kabasawa is officially my favorite character. Dude is straight up twitter made into an anthropomorphized hippo.
May 3, 2021 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
New Yamamoto character and very calm, you can feel it, it really wasn't one of the best episodes of the show like the previous one, it really wasn't very cool, I hope the next episode will be very good or something.
May 3, 2021 9:44 PM
Mar 2021
Yuuki_Otakuu said:
New Yamamoto character and very calm, you can feel it, it really wasn't one of the best episodes of the show like the previous one, it really wasn't very cool, I hope the next episode will be very good or something.

What didn't you like about it? I'm just curious, because I liked it just as much or even more than the last.
May 3, 2021 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
The mystery involved is getting complex. I don't know what will happen.
May 3, 2021 11:47 PM

Jul 2020
This was a nice episode.

I like the direction this anime is taking after this episode. I don't know if this goes against something, but Shiho is soooo cute >w< However, I'm interested in what her intentions are, because she looks like she has something pretty elaborate planned.
May 3, 2021 11:50 PM

Jan 2021
Everything is CONNECTED!!!
Can't wait a whole week for another episode :/
May 4, 2021 12:51 AM

Feb 2020
It's nice to see how everything here is connected. This is only getting better. We haven't seen nothing yet!

Lol that guy hit the little jackpot with the numbers that Odokawa gave him. Good for him!
May 4, 2021 1:13 AM

Jun 2012
The money Eiji loaned was probably from the same people that Shirakawa loaned money from.
May 4, 2021 1:42 AM

Nov 2012
Getting better and better.

I saw the 3 PVs last week and there's good content, probably this will be complete on 3-4 more eps.

My Candies:

May 4, 2021 1:47 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its getting more complex and well connected, i believed. The idol industry intricate mostly accurate, with how the manager told himself as a jewelry designer. I feel instantly bad for the girls with a big dream, trapped inside that devil circle. Welp, that's how the real life works. No other sympathy cause the girl also trapped the others under the devil circle circumstance....

Anyway, that Nikaido fan hitting the lottery really make me smiled widely. While in the other side, poor monkey got dissed completely without him even realized. Dobu also got what he wanted to knew. But he getting the risk by being too popular. The revolutioneer, Tanaka, successfully planted something inside Odokawa taxi. While Shirakawa case slowly getting the revealed, and Odokawa discomfort looked even more serious.

Things are getting more heated. A little detail like the previous eraser, and now the money issue, can be the problem solved of those messed up. However, let the story flow first, from the incoming episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 4, 2021 2:20 AM

Dec 2020
the dots are increasing yet connecting. i love how we're getting little insight stories on every character
May 4, 2021 3:31 AM

Oct 2016
Another great episode! As each episode passes, the more the characters and plots connect with each other. Damn, I am very afraid of Tanaka and what he will do, and looks like he's in cahoots with Miya, the calico cat. Intetresting, that manager is definitely involved in the missing girl case, in fact all of them are probably connected somehow lmao. The way Ichimura said that Nikaidou would do anything to get up, like say kill someone. I am assuming the missing girl was also an idol and Nikaidou did some crazy shit to her, so the manager is trying to cover things up. I don't could be wrong.

Ichimura is definitely gold digging, probably under that manager's orders. Poor Kakihana though, but it's his fault for actually getting a loan just to impress a girl he met on a dating app. And judging by the preview for next episode, it's not gonna end well. It's confirmed now that Shirakawa is the one indeed that was stealing medicines to pay her debt through Dobu. I knew it was Kabasawa that made that video proclaiming he was gonna capture Dobu when Dobu mentioned it, that damn Hippo's got a death wish. Things are getting even more spicier, looking forward to the next episode.
May 4, 2021 5:09 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode.

It's kinda too convenient for the story how everything is tied up to Odokawa though.
May 4, 2021 5:30 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Slowly but surely, to me it seems like most of the characters from the cast are getting involved in a pretty serious situation. The old guy getting in debt, the gorilla closing his clinic, the idols with their own business, the hippo leaving school, and it's all connected. This kind of storytelling in a way reminds me of Durarara!! and that's great though the comparison might be far-fetched in some ways.

PS: I still stand by the mentioned theory that only the MC see rest of the cast as animals, as he's the only one yet again that makes comments of the sort.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 4, 2021 5:39 AM
Sep 2014
Then how do you explain that in Tanaka's flashbacks in the previous episode everyone looks like an animal as well? Is he the second person with hallucinations?
May 4, 2021 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
logprobability said:
Yuuki_Otakuu said:

What didn't you like about it? I'm just curious, because I liked it just as much or even more than the last.

I didn't mean that the episode was bad, I just meant the previous one was good in a matter of plot and events.
May 4, 2021 11:23 AM

Apr 2018
So we finally find out what happen to the stolen medication from the clinic. I really liked this episode and how it continues from the last episode.
May 4, 2021 12:21 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
In this episode we got the manager and members of Mystery Kiss riding in the backseat of Odokawa's taxi. It seems like the idols have their own share of problems off stage and how they are dealing with it. That producer might have something to do with that girl's disappearance since he was asking Odakawa about the cam data in his taxi. Kakihana is too busy simping Ichimura who is clearly not interested in him and has to resort to borrow money from the loan sharks which is not going to end well for him when he is forced to pay it back.
May 4, 2021 1:35 PM

Aug 2015
This anime just gets better and better.

The pink pen, or heart pen, is really a “Concert Watch” device with microphone. A giraffe named Nagashima makes up a weekly podcast with what these microphones supposedly pick up. Yes, the Odd Taxi crew puts out a weekly podcast (on YouTube).
One podcast featured the backstage conversations of Mystery Kiss, and…
Well you can read it yourself. https://www.cbr.com/odd-taxi-hidden-details-twitter/

I noted that the heart pen in Odokawa’s taxi was in the driver’s visor in the 3rd episode ride with Dobu.
Also, at the beginning of the ride the security camera looked normal, but when Dobu got out, it looked like the wires had been cut.
So the whole ride with the gun was not recorded?

Also there’s the character relation chart on the Odd Taxi website: https://oddtaxi.jp/
The two girls in the lower right were snickering at Kakihana during the dinner scene. They were also in the ep 6 preview.

So there is a lot going on with Odd Taxi that isn’t even in the anime. And Dobu is in the middle of a lot of things.
May 4, 2021 5:08 PM
Mar 2021
Zombii- said:
I love the dialogue in this show, everything a character says has an ulterior motive. Like how the manager wanted that dashcam footage.

The animal hallucination theory is getting more and more likely with the way the manager reacted to Odokawa saying one of the girls was a calico cat. No other character talks about species.

I actually think that the hallucination theory is made less likely by that, but more likely by the existence of Zooden, where the animals that are collected are mammals. Up to that point, there was a clear delineation between mammalian species and non-mammalian species (the former taking on the role of human). The reason that he is perturbed by the calico cat comment is probably that the girl Odokawa is describing seeing in his car is someone that the manager does not want him to know was in the manager's company (likely due to connection with organized crime). Essentially the manager is trying to gaslight Odokawa, or at the very least implicitly pressure him to not repeat what he saw to others.
May 5, 2021 12:00 AM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
NGL Kakihana really just wanted to impress a girl, poor guy, hope he doesn't get into any trouble

Shit, I'm 100% sure that Ditch-11 is Dobu. Dobu's kanji translates into Ditch, Shirakawa had the Eraser thing on the first episode which Tanaka tried to purchase, and this episode proved Shirakawa's relation with Dobu. I wouldn't be impressed if Dobu was Ditch at this point lol
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

May 5, 2021 12:29 AM

Oct 2008
This show is really ODD! but there's really sublime tense moments underlying in this show! and that's what's making this show great!
5/5.

May 5, 2021 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
so the masked girls are being groomed by their manager Yamamoto to meet up old rich perverts in return for their money? thats why he hides both their identity from the public..poor Shiho..lot of suspicious stuff going on behind the scenes interesting to see where it all converges in the end
May 5, 2021 6:29 AM

Jan 2011
That cringe ass video from the hippo was praised?
May 5, 2021 8:05 PM
Feb 2018
ReaperCreeper said:

Every popular videos in real world be like :
May 5, 2021 9:50 PM

Jan 2011
The writing of this show is so airtight. It's so well thought out. Everything connects in a way and you always get a lot going on. I like how everyone in the cast has something to do.

Today's episode we get to see what Mystery Kiss is up to and it's not pretty as this idol manager is playing favors on top of playing dirty to sell them as a group. I knew shiho was the star of that group when you got the other two wearing masks. It's not shocking to me. Next we got Mitsuya helping Tanaka track Odokawa. My boy Odokawa already got a crazy monkey on his ass. He doesn't need some gacha loser trying to ice him. This man can't catch a break.

Lastly, my man Kakihana taking out loans to impress girls. LOL! I don't know why he would take that much out. Now 1,000 dollar loan isn't bad that but that interest rate and annual rate is fucking brutal. He is a fucking idiot.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 5, 2021 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
Inferno792 said:
Great episode.

It's kinda too convenient for the story how everything is tied up to Odokawa though.
That's the idea. This kind of writing was done in a lot of older cartoons like Hey Arnold for example. The idea is that it is written in a way that everyone we see interacts with our main character. They do this to show you how he interacts with them and helps them grow from it.... I Don't think that's happening here though. IT makes sense though since everyone lives within the same area.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 5, 2021 10:39 PM
Jun 2017
This episode was very well delivered. The tension mounted very well, and the plot thickens.
May 7, 2021 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Not feeling the Yamamoto guy, he is giving me strange handler/trafficker vibes. Really nice to see Gouriki again though.

ReaperCreeper said:

Lmao not only was he oversharing but he essentially turned himself into a target as well. 😆 If something happens to him as a consequence we now know why.
May 7, 2021 1:27 PM
Sep 2014
ArthurZim said:
In this episode there is a pink pen on the papers that the Mistery kiss manager is holding, a similar pen was in Odokawa's taxi in episode 3, and it appears in the opening with Tanaka, I wonder, how do these three things relate?

Could you tell me when exatly is it seen in this episode? I can't find it.
May 7, 2021 9:56 PM

Aug 2015
I'm so embarrassed for Kakihana oh my goddd A LOAN just to impress a liar. And Kabasawa too. Pleeeease he doxxed himself and put a target on his whole life just for clout.

The murder plot is coming to a head huh. Whew. Wonder just how ruthless Nikaido is, and how depraved Tanaka will become.
May 8, 2021 9:45 AM

Nov 2013
i love the whole vibe of the ost and the show more and more each episode, it's gotten pretty serious and it broke my heart to see the monkey guy getting in debt just for a girl he barely knows
May 11, 2021 7:21 PM

Dec 2016
Since the beginning I kinda thought that one of the the masked members could be that missing girl. It would make sense if that girl wanted to be an idol but her parents were against it so she ran away and now has to wear a mask so that no-one recognizes her.

Whenever someone brings up the car camera in a conversation Odokawa kinda has a flustered look on his face, is there something that Odokawa doesn't want others to know...?

The manager looked skeptical when Odokawa said “she's a calico cat” that supports the theory that everyone in here is actually human

They still haven't revealed who Odokawa was talking to at his home back in episode 1.

That weirdo is here. I hope nothing happens to Odokawa.

Shirakawa seems suspicious. Apart from her stealing medicines and illegally selling them, I feel like she might be hiding something more.
May 26, 2021 9:37 PM

Oct 2016
I like how the taxi driver happily followed the taxi after being told and did not even bothered to question it. Maybe he felt some kind of suspense like he's some spy from a movie. XD

And poor Kakihana, he should atleast do some research about the costs before going in tho.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

389 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

86 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

87 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.