Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, this show is starting to show more of its true colors. Emilyko and the others had some work to do.

Barbie is such jerk compared to other dolls but I don't think she cares. This episode turned out to be thrlling and relaxing if you ask me. Everyone in this show needs to watch out for what's in that house. But also, it looks like Emilyko is enjoying her time there with friends.
Apr 24, 2021 9:41 AM

Mar 2020
oh wow, people already think that barbie is a jerk....

She's my angel tho, and always will be~
Apr 24, 2021 9:48 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Its nice to see more of the cast and how they all fit into the story and the family.
Apr 24, 2021 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl when Rose got attacked by the soot and everyone just stood around doing nothing for like 3 minutes I got annoyed. Even tho everyone’s like “oh no she’s being attacked, smack her face” everyone proceeds to move at a snail’s pass and let her get messed up.

Luckily she seems ok now, but I think there may be some long term repercussions from that. I’m really curious as to what exactly the soot and shadow’s are. The ending scene with lord grandfather and Edward left me with even more questions. Great ep overall.
Apr 24, 2021 10:32 AM

Jun 2019
Emilico is back to her work and in her learning stage. Living dolls that are not useful to their master shall be discarded. Well, that's a scary statement.

There seems to be an emergency that led all the dolls to work quite hard, the soot that moves was scary even for the experienced ones. The episode got quite intense and creepy as the soot keeps getting collected. I'm glad, Rose is safe.

That was a great episode. I've quite a few questions regarding the soot and the shadows now. How does the shadows even handle the soot? Is that a part of their body of something? So many questions. The story is getting stronger with each episode but our Emilico is doing fine with everything around.
Pre_YumApr 24, 2021 10:39 AM
Apr 24, 2021 10:39 AM

Jul 2020
I love it I love it I LOVE IT. The lore, the setting, how the narrative slowly sheds light on everything. It's the gothic Gormenghast-ian anime I've always wanted.
Apr 24, 2021 10:40 AM
Sep 2015
It seems like there are many twists and turns, many secrets yet to be revealed. But I'm tired of making prediction. I'll just watch this without using my brain.
Apr 24, 2021 10:45 AM

Mar 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Ngl when Rose got attacked by the soot and everyone just stood around doing nothing for like 3 minutes I got annoyed. Even tho everyone’s like “oh no she’s being attacked, smack her face” everyone proceeds to move at a snail’s pass and let her get messed up.

Luckily she seems ok now, but I think there may be some long term repercussions from that. I’m really curious as to what exactly the soot and shadow’s are. The ending scene with lord grandfather and Edward left me with even more questions. Great ep overall.

yeah they fucked up this action scene. I felt the same, in manga it was more frantic and everyone started hitting her not just Lou.
Apr 24, 2021 11:02 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode. The pacing is better as the episode goes. The animation is good and the CGI is good too especially the highlight the phanthom soot. This episode gives hints and enough lore and exposition.

The after credit is hype. Overall best episode yet of Shadows House

Apr 24, 2021 11:13 AM

Jan 2021
Whatt?, this surprises me more and more, and I didn't think I could fit any action in here, the soot is more dangerous than I imagined. Thank goodness Rosemary is ok
Pan-chan?!?!?! I wonder if all the shadows can move their soot 0.0, and what will be the debut?
I'm loving this (♡˙︶˙♡)
Apr 24, 2021 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
Emilico's tour of the Shadows House continue with the other Living Dolls, though her naiveté will catch up to her very soon.

A scorch phantom that has infiltrated the Shadows House, this is another instance of Fire Force, Living Dolls version. This aspect really exposes the travesty of the various Living Dolls, and to see Rosemary affected by the soot sickness, it's not just due diligence of work that carries forward, but the humanity aspect as well: they're all self-biased towards themselves. But it's nice to see that Rose recovered nicely, free of the disease.

Emilico sure loves her master Kate, and will do things to please and keep the relationship afloat. The true meat of the show with the lords, we'll see how that goes next week.
Apr 24, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2015
Marinate1016 said:

Agreed. It was very frustrating to watch them talk about how they need to save Rose without actually doing anything to save Rose.

This was probably my favourite episode so far though. Things are starting to get interesting.
Apr 24, 2021 11:26 AM

Oct 2017
I wasn't expecting soot monsters to appear, they were pretty creepy. Things were looking bad for Rosemary but I'm glad she's okay.

Kate can control soots eh, I wonder if there are other shadows who can do it too or she's an exception.
Apr 24, 2021 11:34 AM

Sep 2019
Marinate1016 said:

KyleRiley said:
Marinate1016 said:

Agreed. It was very frustrating to watch them talk about how they need to save Rose without actually doing anything to save Rose.

This was probably my favourite episode so far though. Things are starting to get interesting.
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
Marinate1016 said:

yeah they fucked up this action scene. I felt the same, in manga it was more frantic and everyone started hitting her not just Lou.
You guys missed the point of that scene. They are dolls and their age are in days or months or at best a few years. It was even told in this episode that the starting point for every doll is different. Kate is like a newborn baby, she knew that she had to save Rose but she didn't know what to do instantly. So she was just staring there thinking what to do. Though at the end she did think out of the box and saved her.
Apr 24, 2021 11:35 AM

Nov 2020
things r getting more interesting

"Living dolls must feel nothing but loyalty toward the Shadows family."

Apr 24, 2021 11:38 AM
Feb 2017
The first half of the episode felt a bit slow and dull for some reason. It's like they adapted everything from the manga but the scene just felt really lackluster (could be just me I guess).

Really excited for the next episode since more of the cast is gonna get revealed!
Apr 24, 2021 11:39 AM

Feb 2020
Excellent episode. Plot twists and unexpected things..

This is probably the most intriquing anime of the season.
Apr 24, 2021 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
I cannot be the only one who thought this when Rosemary got the soot sickness, right?

Same energy vibes.
Apr 24, 2021 11:57 AM

Nov 2015
ArimaKana said:
You guys missed the point of that scene. They are dolls and their age are in days or months or at best a few years. It was even told in this episode that the starting point for every doll is different. Kate is like a newborn baby, she knew that she had to save Rose but she didn't know what to do instantly. So she was just staring there thinking what to do. Though at the end she did think out of the box and saved her.

I don't think I "missed the point". My issue wasn't with Kate since she's brand new to this whole thing, my issue was with the pacing of the scene as a whole. They verbally said they were worried but the actions they took didn't show it. Lou had enough time to stop, turn to Kate, and say "I don't like making decisions. So you need to pick who to save." That doesn't show any urgency at all.
Apr 24, 2021 11:58 AM

Apr 2018
Emilico is such a cutie and damn Barbie.. Let's see how she will affect our little Emilico later on

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 24, 2021 12:32 PM

Aug 2018
Yeah, that action scene was so weird, at least she is fine. Would've been more annoying if she actually died because o their stupidity.

Also, Emilico said "It's the doll that I saw the other day" when thinking of Barbie. Did I miss something or they just skipped that scene?
Apr 24, 2021 12:39 PM

Mar 2020
_Endless_ said:
Yeah, that action scene was so weird, at least she is fine. Would've been more annoying if she actually died because o their stupidity.

Also, Emilico said "It's the doll that I saw the other day" when thinking of Barbie. Did I miss something or they just skipped that scene?

you missed the ending of first episode
Apr 24, 2021 1:10 PM

May 2020
Oh wow, this was something I didn't expect. If the series continues with this kind of twist is gonna be cool.

I wanna know more about what is happening here...
Apr 24, 2021 1:15 PM
Nov 2020
Marinate1016 said:

I felt the same thing. I was very disappointed with them doing nothing but stare at her being attacked 😂
Apr 24, 2021 1:16 PM

Aug 2018
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
_Endless_ said:

you missed the ending of first episode

Guess I just completely forgot about it. Thanks
Apr 24, 2021 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
Yes a great episode yet again. So far this is a very good adaptation.
Also they didn't pay attention to a rather important detail when Rosemary was attacked.
But, you could say they skipped this because in the last episode something similar happened to Emilico after she fell out the window.
Apr 24, 2021 1:38 PM

Jun 2019
It turns out that Emilico is actually the most useful of the “dolls” when it came to fighting the phantom. I don’t really blame the girls though because that would be a horrifying experience for any child to act in. The story keeps getting more interesting with the introduction of phantoms, shadow class systems, and Kate’s ability to move soot. This is probably the anime that has grown the most on me so far this season.
Apr 24, 2021 2:03 PM

Nov 2016
The reaction of the dolls didn't seem out of the ordinary considering what they were facing there. I've seen adults failing worse during not really overwhelming situations.

Post ending scene made me excited for the next episode.

Illyricus said:
I cannot be the only one who thought this when Rosemary got the soot sickness, right?

Same energy vibes.

100%

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 24, 2021 2:51 PM

Jan 2020
Those little fan service only to show a scar ?, and the passivity of the rose group and the situation of the ash with the aggressive tone of the music and the situation itself was too frustrating.

Either way, the story justifies the small details and if it is getting interesting, the first "villain" is finally shown, if I can say so since they show it in the OP

And thinking about it, Emilico has a lot to learn for the remaining 10 chapters, and with the slow pace of the anime, I think they will need a second season

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Apr 24, 2021 2:52 PM

Jan 2020
Illyricus said:

Same energy vibes.

You read my mind! 100%

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Apr 24, 2021 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
FMmatron said:
Illyricus said:

Same energy vibes.

100%
Knew I could count with you ;)

ldanes said:
Illyricus said:

Same energy vibes.

You read my mind! 100%
The similarity was uncanny xD
Apr 24, 2021 3:43 PM

Oct 2009
Ah, look, a soot facehugger! ... Ngl, that was the only interesting bit in this episode, and as others have pointed out, even those scenes were kinda weird. Luckily, it seems like things will finally start happening next week; so far, it's been over about an hour total during which barely anything of consequence (if anything at all) happened, we learned barely anything, and frankly I've been losing interest. Even though the visuals and the music have been awesome, there's a limit to how long a series can go on those alone.
Apr 24, 2021 3:51 PM

Jun 2017
Hmm maybe Kate and Emilico are onto some major conspiracy? Controlling soot is interesting and opens up a whole can of questions.

I thought Rosemary would be a goner but she got fixed. I still have doubts about them being dolls and not just manipulated humans tho.

And soot monster = Prey the anime, basically. xd
Apr 24, 2021 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
There are some moments that make events very mysterious, this show is very much shown. the shade that was also very interesting.
Apr 24, 2021 4:19 PM

Sep 2020
Lou spraying water at Rosemary while safely keeping her distance was...pretty funny.
Apr 24, 2021 4:36 PM

Jan 2021
The rosemary x soot scene was very frustrating to watch cuz of how slow they all reacted to it .....but overall it was a pleasant episode, I'm loving the pacing so far and omg I can't get over the OP and ED
Apr 24, 2021 4:37 PM

Feb 2019
Rosemary almost losing her head in episode 3 was Mami all along? 😳
That part with Rosemary walking into a wall with a blank stare actually spooped me.

The rest of the episode didn't leave much of an impression on me though. I feel like this one really, really dragged out and the creepy atmosphere of the first episode is pretty much lost when the show keeps banging it over our heads by suddenly changing tone and saying the obvious bad, very bad brainwashing things.
KosmonautApr 24, 2021 4:41 PM
Apr 24, 2021 5:27 PM
Oct 2015
yellowheartren said:
Ah, look, a soot facehugger! ... Ngl, that was the only interesting bit in this episode, and as others have pointed out, even those scenes were kinda weird. Luckily, it seems like things will finally start happening next week; so far, it's been over about an hour total during which barely anything of consequence (if anything at all) happened, we learned barely anything, and frankly I've been losing interest. Even though the visuals and the music have been awesome, there's a limit to how long a series can go on those alone.

You could say that nothing of consequence has happened, but like the manga itself, little clues have been sprinkled throughout. But if it's not interesting then this might not be the anime for you.
Apr 24, 2021 6:02 PM

Sep 2020
I like Lou, LOL.She's pretty cute and afff, the plot is getting more interesting now that more characters are about to show in the next episode.

Love this.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Apr 24, 2021 6:26 PM

May 2010
I pretty sure I heard Bram Stoker's Dracula bgm around 8th minutes.

Soot sickness turn living doll into zombie idol heh!
Apr 24, 2021 6:35 PM

Dec 2018
Rosemary really likes Emilico and was all over her! Awwwww the little lesbians are so cute together,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

There are strong Yuri vibes between Rosemary and her shadow mistress in the OP. Looking forward to seeing them interact in upcoming episodes

Then all hell broke loose and shadow phantoms or some stupid shit like that went fucking berserk. But it was resolved and all my little girls ended up in a big pile on the floor together ,,,YEEEEEEEEES

A big lesbian pile Lol. CloverWorks!! Are you trying to impress me here or something? You are doing a damn good job. Cute lesbians laying on top of each other, Hehehehehe good stuff

That was a great episode IMO. It was cute, It was fun, It was also a bit scary, It had mystery. But most importantly for my taste, It had so much sweet delicious Yuri. Looking forward to next week

Yuri-CrusaderApr 25, 2021 4:33 AM
Apr 24, 2021 6:54 PM

Dec 2013
Emilico is very independant among the other dolls, always questioning and having her mind wander away from what's asked of her. I'm excited to see where her curiousity leads her.
Apr 24, 2021 7:24 PM

Dec 2020
after this ep we're gonna explore on the phantoms and soot more can't wait for that !! also remember to watch the after credits scene !! im rly loving this adaptation so far <33
Apr 24, 2021 7:36 PM

Jul 2020
This was a pretty great episode if I do say so myself.

I guess every anime has to sneak in it's fanservice, even if it's with living dolls. Emily came in clutch saving Rose, and god damn was that scene very eventful.
Apr 24, 2021 9:13 PM
Apr 2021
the first episode gave me Ghibli vibes, with her waking up in a new world for the first time and exploring it.
however it lacks the same life and creativity of a ghibli film.
I'm afraid I've been judging Shadows House from a AAA anime film standpoint and so most of my complaints are pretty unfair.

I just feel sick of shows with cutesy little anime girls speaking and acting like babies. A show like this needs to be grounded by its characters, since they're the soul of the story. And the characters of Shadows House are about as one dimensional as it gets. They're not even realistic caricatures.

On a side note, love the intro
so good to hear actually decent orchestral music in anime again
Apr 24, 2021 9:23 PM
Apr 2021
I am going to start watching the anime shadows house. I’ll let you know on my opinions on ep 3.
Apr 24, 2021 10:31 PM

Mar 2021
I really liked this episode. I will say, however, that the dolls response to the scorch almost killing Rosemary was a little lack luster.

As we get further into the show the more intrigue there is. I am really interested in learning more about the hierarchy within the Shadows house and what the whole deal is with the scorches and phantoms. I also want to see more of the dynamic between other shadows and the living dolls. Looking forward to the debut.

I know its episode 3 but I still haven't said it so i'm saying it now. The ED is super good.
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Apr 24, 2021 11:36 PM
Apr 2014
well they sure nailed the creepiness of soot sickness

Apr 25, 2021 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
another really interesting episode, this anime is just so mysterious and everything, i love it!
Apr 25, 2021 12:27 AM

Jan 2015
This anime is unique and amazing. If it keeps being this interesting, it might end up being one of my favorites.

The atmosphere is so creepy damn, so many mysteries. And debut next episode I guess?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

128 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 12:45 AM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

190 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:58 PM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity.

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

9 by ichihito »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

125 by _kukiyomenai »»
Jul 15, 2023 6:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.