Forum Settings
Forums

Any personal flaws or faults you'd want to admit to?

New
Apr 10, 2021 5:15 PM
็ฉ‚ไนƒๆžœใฏ็ฅž

Oct 2015
I'm not sure if this is an appropriate thread. Are there any minor, or major flaws or faults that you'd want to admit to?

A "minor" one would be something like: I have a habit of picking my nose still.

A "major" one would be something like this: I have a habit of obsessively internalizing minor things people say to me for years. As in, I will remember somebody's words (usually harsh ones) for years that deeply affects me negatively for a very long time until I grow out of it.

Or, another one would be like: I have a tendency of being very stern and condescending, to the point that quite a few people see me as an asshole (I probably am, I dunno) and sometimes rightfully so, such as shaming people for a certain set of behaviors (such as simply liking and disliking something). But then, as I go through the process of eliminating my own tendencies, I tend to shame others for... shaming others.

Sorry if that was confusing.

Edit: I must also admit, I tend to assume people to be a certain thing if something they say (which isn't really a bad thing they say, just something they say in general) bothers me. For example, if somebody says something like "๐Ÿฅบ๐ŸฅบLUFFY SUPREMACYโœจโœจ he's baby" I assume they are a white teenage girl from Twitter, or that if somebody says something along the lines of "My Hero is mid, trash" that they are a Hispanic teenage boy from Instagram. In most cases this is not true so I tell myself otherwise, but I have the habit of letting it come to mind. I'm not free from being a projecting asshole, either. xD
ChartTopper60Apr 11, 2021 1:16 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2021 5:16 PM

Jan 2020
I do not want to admit to anything sadly

Apr 10, 2021 5:36 PM

Jul 2017
A flaw of mines is being unable to talk to people whom I'm not friends with, even if I have spoken to them a few times beforehand. I will avoid talking to them as much as possible and whenever they start a conversation I always feel as if I made them regret even talking to me.
It makes me seem as if I'm an egotistical person who doesn't care about other people when really the words just cant come out of my mouth.
Apr 10, 2021 6:12 PM

Feb 2021
yeahhh lets gooo

- my horrible anger issues
- my tendency to get stressed at any change in my routine/new situation
- unintentionally blunt/aggressive (ppl tell me i sound rude when i don’t even mean to)
- procrastination
- EXCESSIVE daydreaming
- unhealthy coping mechanisms (escapism)
Apr 10, 2021 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
I am just trying to find balance. I've always felt arrogant about myself and life or I've felt sad and Empathetic toward myself the pain that is in the world. When I am arrogant I know that my mind is just veiled from the darkness that can descend my mind to the pit. When I am in the pit, I feel weak and powerless. Balance is the only thing that matters to me, and using my time as productively as possible.
Apr 10, 2021 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
I have flaws, but they work in my favor a lot of ways.

-I have trouble showing genuine empathy for the people I care about

-I'm extremely insecure, but it's resulted in a crazy work ethic in the gym, so it's not that bad

-I expect too much from myself and other people. Nobody's ever going to be perfect, nor am I, so I need to stop holding myself and those I love to that standard.

That's all ur gonna get out of me tonight

@alaciko

I've had a similar problem and still run into it sometimes. If you're somewhere you go often....it's probably better to not talk to people you don't know. Don't want a reputation as a creeper.

Who gives a fuck if someone regrets talking to you? You're a human being just as they are. If you feel like talking and someone's right there...fucking talk to them. If they're depressed and miserable and want to judge you then they're just a scumbag who probably doesn't have any friends.

I suggest getting a sales job or something bro. I did d2d for a couple years and it literally killed any social anxiety I had. I'm numb to it at this point. If I can beat SA then anybody can honestly.

Outside of those situations, there's literally NO consequence to talking to ANYBODY. You can literally just NEVER go BACK there again.
removed-userApr 10, 2021 9:01 PM
Apr 10, 2021 9:36 PM

Feb 2020
I'm like suuuuper absent minded and easily distracted that it's kinda scary.

I sleep at completely random times, but I neeeed sleep when I'm tired. I literally cannot do a thing when I'm tired. Luckily the work I do is kinda freelance, but still I often wake up in the dark and it can get kinda lonely.

I'm too easily amused. If I see something even slightly funny, I'm on the floor and needing oxygen.

I'm not as educated as I should be, but that not really my fault but still.

I have a bad habit of biting & picking the skin off my lips. It can get quite bloody & hurt but I've been doing it since I was a kid. It's stress/nervousness related, I can and have stopped before, but sometimes I just can't help doing it.
Apr 10, 2021 9:56 PM

Jan 2009
2 things makes my life a mess and that is paranoia and laziness/avolition
Apr 10, 2021 10:17 PM

Aug 2020
Too many to admit tbh, I'm a narcissist....and more but like im to lazy to say the rest

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Apr 10, 2021 10:30 PM

Sep 2019
I procrastinate way more than I would like to.
Apr 11, 2021 3:22 AM

Sep 2020
I bite my nails (when nervous) and I´m super lazy, also procrastinate too much
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Apr 11, 2021 12:50 PM

Jan 2021
I have so many.
One of them would probably be my anger issues. When I get angry I do stuff that I don’t mean to and hurt people. Another one would be I lack a lot of sympathy sometimes.
Apr 11, 2021 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
-huge superioirty complex
-massive escapist
-little to no motiviation or self-control
-hyper self-awareness
-feelings of detachment from reality

and these all play into each other in various different ways
removed-userApr 11, 2021 1:36 PM
Apr 11, 2021 1:48 PM

Jan 2019
Picking your nose is fine if you wash your hands before and afterwards, and if you don't harm your nostrils or cause bleeding. Try to do it moderately and with hygiene.

https://www.healthline.com/health/nose-picking
Apr 11, 2021 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know how I'm supposed to enjoy seeing other people succeed.
Apr 11, 2021 2:28 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I have plenty flaws so choosing was difficult, eventually settled on these:

I'm as escapist as they get
I find it difficult to just "let things be", I must always confront others when I know they're wrong even when they're emotionally right
I'm extremely afraid other people will harm me when I cause too much trouble for them and have a really hard time returning a faulty product due to that. People are scary

Bonus:
I often make myself look worse than I actually am and oftentimes I really do want the best for everyone (ofc within reason)

Apr 12, 2021 4:54 AM

Nov 2019
the fact that i pretend to not care at all about anything and always say stuff like "chill, it's fine, i don't care and no-one else cares either" but i'm actually REALLY anxious about everything i do

BOMB BOMB BAKUDAN

Apr 12, 2021 4:55 AM

Nov 2019
Loungeshit said:
I don't know how I'm supposed to enjoy seeing other people succeed.
i relate to that one, i don't know how people do it! i try to act like it but i'm not a very good actor

BOMB BOMB BAKUDAN

Apr 12, 2021 5:25 AM

Mar 2021
I’m attracted to women and trans. I believe that you can never really know or trust another person. Everyone is a cheater given the right conditions.

GenshinRosariaApr 12, 2021 5:30 AM
Apr 12, 2021 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
I'm blunt, cowardly, mean, judgmental, I wish death on people for the slightest infraction, and I love to pick on "nice" people until they get violent or storm away.

My favorite thing to do is say passing, seemingly benign comments that I know will get under someone's skin.

Strangely enough, I find myself not being as terrible online. I think it's the lack of visual feedback.
Apr 12, 2021 1:10 PM

Dec 2017
I can be quite strict.

Also I'm quite disciplined and that can create problems.

I am extremely blunt and lack tact, something I've been trying to work around it's gotten alot better in the past decade but I still get into trouble with people due to it. Even my closest friends I end up hurting them sometimes, makes me feel bad but I feel even worse if I'm dishonest with myself so yeah.

I'm terrible with small talk.

“There is something in this world which no one has ever seen.
It is soft and sweet.
If it is spotted, I'm sure everyone will want to have it,
Which is why no one has ever seen it.
For this world has hidden it quite well, so that it is difficult to obtain.
But, there will come a day when it is discovered by somebody,
And only those who should obtain it will be able to find it.
That is all.”

Yuyuko Takemiya
Apr 13, 2021 2:52 AM

Dec 2020
i still bite my nails and sometimes the little skin near them, im sometimes a know-it-all irl when in the internet im not like that at all (ig i think im more knowledgable bc of the internet while the ppl ik irl aren't) i despise it so much when i can "see" or "sense" when someone wants attention/is an attention seeker, i get distracted really easily and when my focus breaks its hard to get back to it which causes me to have breakdowns sometimes.

and my biggest one is probably my anger issues. i inconsistently get angry at the smallest things that might result to me saying/doing things that hurt people when i could've dealt with it better if i wasn't so angry
Apr 13, 2021 3:15 AM

Mar 2021
A minor flaw is that I get lost in thought... all the damn time. Oh, and I sometimes forget what I'm saying AS I'M TALKING! Like it was there one second and gone the next. I'll usually remember what I was going to say 10 or 15 minutes later and by then no one can follow my train of thought lol.

A major flaw is being an anti-social introvert. I don't like socializing. It's okay on RARE occasions and on a small scale, but I hate being around crowds of people. Literally I see a crowd and I want to run. It's like... nope, not dealing with that. Also, I'm far too sarcastic and it's almost got me into trouble. My boss pissed me off and I said something sarcastic and THANK GOD she thought I was being serious and I didn't get in trouble. I was horrified that my mouth ran away with me. My co-worker knows me though and as soon as our boss walked off she burst out laughing! I don't even remember what it was I said anymore because it was years ago, but I just remember that one instance in particular because I so thought I'd get fired. And that wasn't the only instance, but luckily people who don't know me can't seem to tell when I'm being sarcastic or not... I also hold grudges. For a VERY long time. And when I'm upset I internalize. Which isn't healthy. Also, an escapist. I'm also way more emotional then people know. I'm very good at hiding my feelings from internalizing so much shit since I was a kid, that I can hide being hurt very well. I'm pretty good at hiding anger too, but sometimes I internalize to much and I get majorly pissed off and then I make people cry... and sometimes I enjoy that and that's not good.
Apr 13, 2021 7:59 AM

Mar 2019
ah lol that's a big question, there's a lot of things I would like to say but I think I should make it short

-I am very lazy
-pretty rude, I'm not very good at taking criticism
-denser than a harem mc
- and this one is the worst for me, but I can never forgive or forget anything that someone has done to me, or maybe they haven't even done anything, maybe it was justified. I just can't forgive people
Apr 13, 2021 4:23 PM

May 2013
A minor flaw of mine is I bite my nails. Just a minor flaw really I don't mind it too much.

A major flaw of mine is my I am very self loathing to the point where it affects how I view other people.

โ™ก Harder Daddy โ™ก
Apr 13, 2021 4:50 PM

Mar 2020
A minor one would be sweaty hands, not something I can control or maybe I can, I don't know.
My hands are always sweaty, not like dripping sweat, but moisty.

A major one would be self-hatred, some part of me has never gotten over how much I hate myself, not sure what it is that I hate about myself.
Another one would be that I am very blunt, it can come off as rude, I always have good intentions but I have no idea how to sugarcoat things well, because people pick up on my lies very easily, and being honest is considered rude by most people.
Apr 13, 2021 5:04 PM
Dec 2018
bigroach said:

- my horrible anger issues
- my tendency to get stressed at any change in my routine/new situation
- unintentionally blunt/aggressive (ppl tell me i sound rude when i don’t even mean to)
- procrastination
- EXCESSIVE daydreaming
- unhealthy coping mechanisms (escapism)

Jesus you sound like my clone. Throw in severe bouts of anxiety and depression and we could be twins lol
Though OP's example for a major flaw sounds pretty close to home too. What a wonderful bunch of neurotics we are.
UsemanApr 13, 2021 5:07 PM
Apr 13, 2021 11:48 PM

Aug 2014
im an ugly incel with extreme high functioning autism

penis lol
Apr 15, 2021 11:53 PM

Jul 2014
I'm a people-pleaser, unnecessarily self-conscious and will often speak without thinking, which will typically lead to me feeling shitty for the next day or two.
Take care of yourself

Apr 16, 2021 12:01 AM
Apr 2021
I care too much about what other people think of me, wait that was easy to say, wait this is the internet
Apr 16, 2021 12:05 AM

Jul 2019
A major flaw I have is I have no real connections with others or I can lose anyone and not feel sad.

If all my friends cut me off or just ghosted me, I would not care. We talk and hang out a lot and we get along just fine but at the same time, I don't really care about them. This happens with a lot of people in my life. Even with my mom, my mom passed away and I haven't felt sadness.
Apr 16, 2021 2:24 AM

Mar 2021
guych said:
A major flaw I have is I have no real connections with others or I can lose anyone and not feel sad.

If all my friends cut me off or just ghosted me, I would not care. We talk and hang out a lot and we get along just fine but at the same time, I don't really care about them. This happens with a lot of people in my life. Even with my mom, my mom passed away and I haven't felt sadness.

Did you have a good relationship with your mother? Did you spend much time with her? Did you not allow yourself to grieve for her or do you think that you didn’t feel any sadness because of some negative reason? Or were you raised not to show any emotion or something?
Apr 16, 2021 11:37 AM

Aug 2011
The flaw I struggle with is seeing things as black or white, or catastrophizing when I'm in my head too much. It's something I'm actively unlearning through having things happen to me as a kid, so I'd say it's not something I struggle with as much anymore after becoming more self aware.
desu desu binches
Apr 16, 2021 12:12 PM

Aug 2007
Minor flaw - Being undecisive. It takes me a long time to choose when many options are presented, from the menu in a restaurant, down to what movie to watch / book to read.

Major flaw - Procrastination and cramming. I understand the concept of Parkinson's law, but I can't seem to apply it in real life most of the time.
ใ‚‚ใ‚ใจใ‚‚ใซ
ๅ“€ใ‚Œใจๆ€ใธ
ๅฑฑๆกœ

่Šฑใ‚ˆใ‚Šๅค–ใซ
็Ÿฅใ‚‹ไบบใ‚‚ใชใ—.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Apr 16, 2021 12:17 PM

May 2013
there are a couple of flaws i struggle with, i tend to overthink a lot and get stressed easily bc of minor tasks and there's a flaw i recently discovered, i hate being around crowds (like really big crowds) for a long time it makes me uncomfortable, esp if there are lots of unknown intimidating people there and if it's a closed space but it might because i'm an introvert

Apr 16, 2021 2:35 PM

Aug 2018
I'm lazy and it's sorta destroying my life but I'm not giving a fuck about it cuz I'm lazy.

Why do you hate cats?

โ™ซ
Apr 17, 2021 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
But what if I don't have any flaws or faults?
May 3, 2021 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
I am good at inadvertently pushing away IRL friends who I love very much because I energy dump my emotions on them and they can't deal with it anymore.
May 4, 2021 2:19 AM

Feb 2017
i'm extremely indecisive, anxious, irritable, jealous, avoidant, and probably a lot of other things too. i can't let go of my anger and painful memories and i feel awkward around everyone because i feel like they are better than me or think theyre better than me, and they could never understand me, and any kindness they show me has to be fake, and theyre probably just out to use me or hurt me, and things like that. i always feel like the world is about to hurt me, and i'm paralyzed by that fear so much so that i find it difficult to do normal/easy things.
May 4, 2021 2:24 AM

Apr 2018
Im too distant and withdrawn from others I guess. Im just not a fan of putting myself on show.
May 4, 2021 12:02 PM

Oct 2017
Oh sometimes I'm bad at understanding simple stuff. What I mean is that somebody asks me something or asks me to bring them something and I may overthink it and say/do something that's out of discussion despite being associated with the particular thing. Or I'm just air-headed I guess xD
May 4, 2021 12:11 PM

Jul 2019
I am a very flawed person lmao.
some are:
- procrastination
- insensitive
- not very serious

Someone take away my emotions so I don't have to care anymore.
May 4, 2021 1:11 PM

Apr 2015
- I have awful temperament, I can go from calm to a yelling person in just seconds over minor things. I guess even more of a bad thing is I don't really have any good way to handle it. I have broken some of my stuff too to calm myself

- I lie too easily, if I see there's a benefit to do it

- Rarely if at all I actually open up about anything. I don't like to do it

- My ego has issues

- I'm a forgetful person

- Hardly interested in my surroundings unless it is something specific. Hence I'm also bad listener

More topics from this board

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

44 by Vampire_Lord »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

25 by deg »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
39 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
46 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
59 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.