Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work! CODE BLACK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 20, 2021 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
You can see how bad or good the body condition is by the color of the red blood cells uniform, that body at the end is in the worst condition than the other was I feel bad for them still it was a very good show.
Mar 20, 2021 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
wow, good for the body to recover but... not sure if i like the post ending song lol

but, last time i donated blood they had a ton of rules, probably stuff like not ever having diseases or drugs and other bad habits... are we sure that, even if a little healthier now, has the right to donate blood? humm

anyway, this was a lot darker than what i like to watch, but i guess i was expecting it, that's literally the synopsis
so overall i'll give this a 9, it had a ton of interesting stuff and many times i was "hyped" about what would happen next
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 20, 2021 1:42 PM

Jan 2017
Anyone else depressed af after watching the post-credit scene?
"Anime is trash and so am I."

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Mar 20, 2021 1:45 PM

Sep 2015
I was just in shock, I thought there was nothing possibly terribly horrendous that can happen after the bodies recovery, but this anime just gives us no mercy. Wow, this is actually by far the craziest thing i've ever seen creativly, adding to the fact that the cells are humanoid sentient beings for this anime, you just can't help it but feel bad !

And adding to the fact it immerses you more to all the bad habits,symptoms and other effects of your body, encourages you to take care of your body. While not straying away from logic.

But i'm glad that characters from episode 1 were given recognition. I am so happy that I bought all volumes for the blu-ray along with the mangas directly. I am devoted to support this anime until it gets more seasons !

I am very satisfied ! 10/10

But however, the opening needs some work, and I just recently enjoyed the ending music now, I find it to be an aquired taste, since I had to listen to it enough times.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 20, 2021 1:45 PM

Nov 2014
Those last 2 episodes were quite painful for me. Heart topic is the one thing that gets me all tingly and uncomfortable.

Anime ended exactly as i guessed it will... until that after credits scene. WTF.
Tho the whole transfusion thing is not just a weird twist - it's also somewhat symbolic for the old body and shows how much it changed to be able (and want to) give blood.

I'm sticking to what I said when this anie began: way better than original. More fun, more "practical" infrmation, and explainations of diseases were nice and short while still complete enough.
JustAnotherShiroMar 20, 2021 1:49 PM
Mar 20, 2021 2:33 PM

Aug 2020
Short_Circut said:

el_morris said:
How is possible a guy with a record of alcoholism, smoking, STD, and heart attack was allowed to donate blood? Not even in the IMSS (my country's supposed-to-be social secure institution) they would do that.

i think the author admitted himself that it's unrealistic (cause people with heart attack/heart surgery cant donate blood or smth) but decided to add it in anyway

I've done some digging (because it was out of left field, lmao) and in the U.S. at least, as long as someone has had a clean bill of health for several months to a year and has been weaned off meds like blood thinners for a while, they would probably be able to donate blood. Not sure about Japan. Obligatory talk to your doctor first if any of this applies to you, blah blah blah.

There wasn't an obvious timeskip though, but eh. It could be rationalized.

On a meta-level, the manga was supposed to end with the heart attack but was renewed. Guess the author felt making the first host backslide to introduce more health problems would be too cruel, hence the isekai'd ending. :')
Mar 20, 2021 2:33 PM

Jan 2016
Damn I was happy for the cells until the post-credit scene happened lol

I liked it, solid 7 for me :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 20, 2021 3:27 PM
Sep 2013
Was a really fun watch and I thought everything was gonna be good until the post credits scene! Wonder if there will be a season 2?
Mar 20, 2021 10:14 PM

Jul 2008
Tomimi said:
MC has bad luck lol

They need to complain to kami-sama. >.<
We need a season 2, no matter what!
My candies:
Mar 20, 2021 11:04 PM

Jul 2008
NoHeart said:
Tomimi said:
MC has bad luck lol

They need to complain to kami-sama. >.<
We need a season 2, no matter what!

This guy started in a shit body, overworked from the beginning, saw his trainers, senpai and old man die, his best-friend die and the body die and resuscitated then got sent to another shittier body.

JUST END IT!
Mar 21, 2021 1:41 AM

Dec 2015
After the disappointing season two of the original anime this spin-off was fun and scary(if we don't take care of our bodies).

Post credits scene was unnecessary and stupid.

I'm going to miss big boobs cells specialy the one voiced by Yoko Hikasa.
Mar 21, 2021 12:55 PM

Feb 2012
And that's a wrap.

The deus ex machina of CPR, an AED, a catheter and a stint, saved the body.

The body lived an unhealthy lifestyle (likely due to working in a black corporation), had a heart attack, recovered and become a blood donor.

And the person receiving the blood, is another unhealthy body?
Fortress_MaximusMar 21, 2021 4:19 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 21, 2021 4:03 PM
Jul 2012
That ending was a big OOF.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Mar 21, 2021 6:04 PM

Aug 2019
Had some great moments, but overall pretty bad. 4/10
That post credits scene is hilarious.
Mar 21, 2021 9:46 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice CPR and defibrillator!
what the cell happened on the last part! clearly that was an injection needle similar to blood transfusion! why the heck a blood of a corrupted person transfuse to someone cleaner? wha!?!?!?
5/5.

Mar 21, 2021 11:55 PM

Mar 2012
Do your body right and it loves you back
Mar 22, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2016
The fighting for the restoration of the heartbeat and the following rush to deliver to all the cells did provide quite the dramatic chill. Even teared up a bit when he got to that lone cell that had always been yelling at him :')

Since I was a bit curious about the length of the manga to date, I was aware of the eventual blood transfusion that we got post-credits. Was hoping it would be saved as a S2 opening though, so they could at least enjoy the better environment a bit more. Was expecting it to be a more tense time. Oh, the body condition is improving, but likely due to being in hospital for a while. Will it go back as soon as it's discharged and returns to work, or will their change up their lifestyle, or even their job?

But no, we get the blood tranfusion right at the end to give a great, depressing cliffhanger in true CODE BLACK style.
Mar 22, 2021 10:19 PM
Dec 2019
I was here hoping for a nice happy ending..... then they play the UNO reverse card and said SIKE, but seriously that was a good way to end a show like this, coming back from the literal brink of death
Also this means the guy whose body they were in originally after getting a Heart Attack prolly was told by doctors and also prolly his own senses "maybe I should dial down the alcohol and smoking, maybe I should quit the job thats giving me stress too"

And I love to think that he later went to donate blood which is nice and all BUT I mean..... oof
Mar 23, 2021 1:21 PM

Feb 2020
Isekai + horror?

I wasn't ready for that.. So much for the happy ending..

The episodes 10-13 were great, but otherwise this was kinda average.

7/10.
Mar 24, 2021 10:40 AM
Oct 2020
OMG WHAT. He got sent to another code black body?? Wtf
Mar 25, 2021 3:21 AM
Apr 2020
It a great series, loved it planning to workout my body after watching this.
Mar 25, 2021 6:57 AM

Jan 2011
Motherfucker got me with that ending.
Mar 25, 2021 6:48 PM

Jul 2009
Is the ending manga bait? Didn't even bother showing anyone but those two so it feels unnatural compared to the normal cliffhanger
Mar 28, 2021 10:06 PM
Apr 2020
Tatakae! Tatakae! Tatakae! Wrong anime. lol

Also thanks to the health care workers, this body was saved. Hopefully he will change after this incident or he will really die for sure.

But, it looks like they were transferred into another body, and a worse one! Looking forward to the next season.

Ao_SkyMar 28, 2021 10:14 PM
Mar 30, 2021 8:47 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The heart comes back to life thanks to a defibrillator. RBC realizes just how important his job is, and it looks like that heart attacked scared the person to changing their lifestyle to a healthier one. Really nicely wrapped up.

That post credits scene was brutal. I really can't believe that they would transfer blood from an unhealthy guy to another unhealthy guy. What sucks the most is that most of the characters we've come to know won't be in the possible sequel that this sets up, which kind of sucks. And we only know that just the main WBC was taken, we don't know about the other two. After all that hell, RBC and his kouhai have to start all over again.

Overall, this was a great spin off to the original. It set itself apart from the main series and was really interesting in its own right. Showing the adverse effects of living an unhealthy lifestyle, it didn't hold back. Better than the second season of the original show, but fell just a little short of the brilliance of the original season. However, this was just as creative, educational, and interesting as I'd hoped it'd be. If there's a sequel, I'll be watching it.

P.S The White Blood Cell onee-chan's were the best.

8/10
Apr 1, 2021 5:11 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
wow I'm glad that whoever's this body is got their shit together in the end. Those poor cells had suffered enough.

But what's this? Dude's a blood donor now? I know his condition is way better but is he already OK enough to be giving blood? Guess the real question I should be asking why do these guys have to suffer even more LOL

Pretty solid of a spin-off, although THIS should've been the MAIN series imo. They've given themselves an ending which easily allows a continuation of this series, but I couldn't care less whether or not they do. I'll definitely watch a S2 should it ever come out however. 6/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 2, 2021 5:30 AM

Mar 2009
What a bitter and cynical post credits scene. Ouch. At least WBC and RBC are together, I guess!

Was a good show overall, even if it was rather bleak. Expectedly. Some of the messages and morals didn't work for me entirely. And the liver and kidney areas were silly and dumb. However, I was quite fond of the scene in which RBC reflected on the true enemy behind things. A rare showing of empathy for the person with this very troubled body. The series wasn't afraid to bite at Japan's work culture every now and then. Not that America's is much better! Speaking of which, if this guy was living in America, he would've been piling on a massive medical debt to his already troubled life!

Anyway, would watch another season if it gets one. RBC and WBC's counterparts are infinitely more interesting here. And the WBCs are some serious waifus.
Apr 2, 2021 12:54 PM

Jun 2015
no this is not fair. This is not fair at all.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 2, 2021 7:19 PM
Jun 2020
Really good I enjoyed it better than the OG series the part after the ending though had to give that a big oof red blood cell cannot catch a break lol my mans gotta save a whole other body i give this a 6-8/10 now time to go watch the og series
Apr 4, 2021 10:02 AM
Sep 2019
what the hell happened in the last minutes of the episode. When reb-kun said "is this other world?" Does it mean they were transferred? Like blood donation or something?
Apr 9, 2021 12:09 AM

Oct 2008
A quick recovery to the point of being able to donate blood there at the end didn't make much sense, but I guess that was the authors way of trying to continue the series.

Overall this series was so depressing to watch, whoever the poor fella was went through a lot of medical issues in under a month. White blood cells were the saving grace for this show, they were very easy to look at.

Apr 10, 2021 11:56 PM
Mar 2021
Edgyson said:
what the hell happened in the last minutes of the episode. When reb-kun said "is this other world?" Does it mean they were transferred? Like blood donation or something?

Short answer: yes, they got transfused.

MoeMoeKyun said:
Is the ending manga bait? Didn't even bother showing anyone but those two so it feels unnatural compared to the normal cliffhanger

Manga bait? Ehh maybe? By the way... the transfusion scene has its own chapter... they just glued the last panels (lol)
Apr 11, 2021 10:23 AM

Aug 2016
He got transfused into even worse body... bruh... that sucks...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2021 9:03 AM
Jan 2017
LOL, omg i looooove that ending. given the always looming doom and gloom vibe over hanging this show I knew the end was gonna be bad. I was expecting they were gonna show what happens when the body dies. but daaaaaamn man that ending was even better than what I imagined. kinda hoping they do a 2nd season of Code black just to show how worse it gets for the cells~
10/10
Apr 21, 2021 2:59 AM

Aug 2017
They got isekaid at the end lol. At least the guy started to care about his own body after that heart attack. I want S2 now. This should be the main series and the main series should be the spin-off. Sadly, trash sells more.

8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 8, 2021 11:34 PM
Jan 2020
I feel so bad for the mc with that twist at the end.... well at least he still got her waifu there
May 29, 2021 9:14 AM

Jan 2013
haha the wagiecagie never ends
May 30, 2021 11:30 AM

Feb 2014
Well, it´s interesting but it gets tedious over the time specially when you try to watch 2 or 3 episodes in a row as I was doing.

The 'normal' Hataraku Saibou was more enjoyable, in my opinion.

6/10 to Black version
7/10 to non-black version
Jun 18, 2021 4:17 PM

Jun 2019
My 131st completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Jul 12, 2021 1:25 AM

Mar 2017

This series really made me feel and think that I should try to be healthy from now on.

BRUH I WAS SO HAPPY THAT EVERYTHING TURNED OUT GREAT BUT THEY GOT TRANSPORTED IN A DIFFERENT BODY WHOSE CONDITION IS EVEN WORSE

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Sep 23, 2021 10:07 AM

Jan 2020
As like the main serie, I liked a lot this spin off. Made me think about my health (even though I'm not even close being like this guy in the anime, thank God). I really had empathy for all cells on this body for al the suffering. Anyway, let it come the season 2

Oct 20, 2021 5:46 AM
May 2020
oh my god the post credits scene... way to give the audience chills!
Dec 23, 2021 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
After-credits scene caught me offguard but besides that good spin-off. While the other informative slice-of-life series is nice, I definitely prefer this dark reality-check version

Jan 13, 2022 12:55 PM

May 2012
This alternative setting was really nice to watch to be honest, some more serieus threads in a different body working like crazy.

Quite liked the different characters and how they were able to get their job done in this code black work conditions.

The post credits sure were quite something as well, quite liked it in general.
Mar 27, 2022 9:34 AM

Apr 2016
I love how at the end the message was "Yes the work conditions are awful and things might not change but I want to work anyway!" this is why most of the analogies didn't work for me and it relayed way too much on flashbacks to stretch the episodes time.

The main series stays better than this spin-off

But the after-credit scene was hilarious, you want to work? Then keep working!
Jun 6, 2022 3:40 PM

Jan 2010
Unlike the main Cells at Work series, the disasters befalling the human in Code Black is primarily the body imploding on itself. There were definitely infections occurring throughout Code Black, but the Red Blood Cells received a huge brunt of all the hardships here. These past two episodes were some of the scariest and harrowing things I've seen in a long while, if just for how easily cardiac arrest could occur in my life with family, friends, and coworkers who are also living poorly.

I'm glad that the human in Code Black is seemingly living better, with signs of an improved diet and the elimination of smoking and drinking. However, they could always relapse, which is as frustrating as it's realistic. Holy crap.
Aug 23, 2022 3:22 PM

Mar 2011
did they just go to a different body? atleast the main rbc was with the wbc i think LOL
Oct 18, 2022 11:21 PM
May 2020
As much as I have enjoyed this series I still have the argument that its all too human. And now I know who should do the next chapter Mirai Mizue he has the cells down.
Jan 14, 2023 2:44 AM

Dec 2020
Well in the end the human finally started to get his stuff together. With conditions better how can the show be called cells at work black ? Gotta do a blood transfusion to another cruddy body to fit the status quo lol

All in all very familiar but different compared to the main series. More intense and dramatic which imo makes me like this series more
Feb 8, 2023 5:12 AM

Apr 2013
Is this a happy ending? I'm not sure actually, for the old body yes, but for our protagonist hell starts all over again lol

This spin-off was a bit too shounen-like, just like season 2. Season 1 is still superior, since it actually focused more on how the body works instead of making the protagonist scream at the heart to start working again. 6/10
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 28, 2021

68 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 19, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Do you love your body?

Shizuna - Apr 8

7 by johnythepvpgod »»
Apr 12, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 25, 2021

110 by Penguinu »»
Jan 12, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 4, 2021

68 by Distrekzy »»
Sep 27, 2023 7:08 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 4, 2021

62 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 10, 2023 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.