Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, this episode was weird especially the second half.

The usage of the music and soundtrack. Wow. It's like watching Back Arrow fight against a Mad Scientist of sorts to survive. Not the type of enemy I'd expect from this show.
Feb 26, 2021 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
nice episode and cool bath scene, seems like someones trying to stop people from getting over the wall for some reason. interesting stuff there at the end, i guess the princess has multiple personalities?
Feb 26, 2021 8:56 AM

Feb 2019
Holy shit I wasn’t expecting Fine to be the one under the mask. Split personality? This is gonna be interesting. Solid episode!
Feb 26, 2021 9:10 AM
Sep 2015
I know Mad Scientist is a mad scientist even without a musical number.

Princess pretend to be politically correct when she has a right wing ideology.

The savages men are so hot and are fighting for liberation, too bad they're killed by Rekka empire. I suspect the emperor can transform into a younger version of himself since his voice isn't that old.

I hope this anime adhere the no death policy I'm expecting as much as possible.
Feb 26, 2021 9:15 AM

Jan 2009
so above the walls there are drones waiting to attack them eh

lol Princess Fine got a split personality or double face then
Feb 26, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
The Six Supremes, OK...to which Commander Prax and Princess Fine are ambassadors. Wonder who the rest can be, and what does this add to the overall plot.

Leaving Back Arrow behind to break through the Wall, that's as expected while the rest of Edger Village travels to Lutoh for a warm and glorious diplomatic etiquette of welcome. This treatment certainly is quite the stark contrast to Rekka, but it certainly raises a question why does Lutoh want to achieve all forms of "love" across the land.

Trying to break over the Wall is ludicrious with someone's Conviction, and it shows. But the way things are progressing: the easy hidden message of Edger Village's "relaxation" in Lutoh, Shu Bi's strategic plan with Bit's help, the absurdly weird "scientific experiment", and the plot twist of Princess Fine's split personalities behind the mask...that's a lot to take in.

Still though...interesting is one way I'll sum this episode.
Feb 26, 2021 10:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I actually liked that onsen scene but I didn't expect the princess to be like that at the end, and for the double personality thing it doesn't even seem to be only mental since her face and hair also change, that's so weird...
Feb 26, 2021 10:20 AM
Aug 2018
With Goh and Demyne introduced in this episode, it seems all the initial characters have appeared. The official website’s character page added Bruh and Kyo presumably after their debut episodes, everyone else was there before the first episode aired.

https://back-arrow.com/character/?page=bruh

Bruh has also been added to the latest update to the relationship chart.

https://back-arrow.com/special/relationship_chart/

Since Bruh is there and not the President of Iki or Tyrone, I guess he’ll appear again.

Lutoh wanting to experiment on Arrow makes sense considering the flashback in episode 6. Shu mentioned how Lutoh is able to artificially improve Bind Warpers/Briheights, maybe Arrow was experimented on beyond the wall which would explain his unique abilities. Him being some sort of test subject would explain the scar on his chest, why he was sent here naked and possibly his lack of memories.

Fine’s overly kind nature kinda seemed weird to me, like she was putting on an act. I guess not, she’s just the extreme opposite of her weird alter ego. Demyne’s choir was amusing, they even kept singing after Arrow was freed and turned the tables on Demyne.

Flying over the wall obviously isn’t an option as with the previous episode there are defenses in place to halt any progress, also it was shown in episode 2 and this one that Briheights power down when you run out of stamina making the idea of flying to the top of the wall risky even without the defense system. Pretty gruesome of Arrow to use the threat of falling to death to get Prax to fly him up there, he was probably bluffing but still.

Similarly with Bruh, Arrow was able to inspire change in Sola unintentionally this time. Definitely feels like they’re going for a flat character arc with him. If Sola was a high ranking person in Lutoh maybe he can salvage the relationship between the main characters and Lutoh.

I wonder how the OP is going to change if at all, the ED didn’t acknowledge the other Fine, that ominous thing in the OP above the Lutoh characters, is that meant to be the alter ago? I can’t tell from the silhouette. I also noticed this jester silhouette in the transition between the Lutoh characters and that ominous thing.

Feb 26, 2021 11:00 AM
Jul 2011
It’s not a mecha anime without a masked character.

They added more characters on the opening and ending animations.
Feb 26, 2021 11:05 AM

Sep 2019

^ They reminded me of Oompa Loompas, like how they casually sing a song when someone’s about to die in a horrific way.

I really liked the bath scene.
Feb 26, 2021 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
Funny again ... with some weird stuff: The choir singing for the mad scientist.
Didn't expect the princess to be behind that mask. But with the split personality it does not seem too far-fetched.

I wonder about the 6th guy. Didn't notice the links on the official website - nice that they have some relationship charts there and even split by episoes. (So you can see the changes.) The 6th guy of those 6 supremes is still unknown.
Feb 26, 2021 12:02 PM

Jul 2019
Honestly, this was probably my favourite episode, it felt like a true nakashima episode, all the randomness felt a lot more natural and just more entertaining than the other episodes we had before.
First can we talk about the "if your kind to wash my back ill wash yours. Thats diplomacy" quote is very joke worth it when you think about it? Especially that "thats diplomacy" part, someone needs to make a meme around that.
Besides that little thing i liked that they showed what happens when you try to go over the wall by air, as that was in my mind for some time, glad they thought about it. I also liked that twist with the princess, very happy that her whole personality wasnt just "i want peace".
The animation this episode, besides some somewhat off model faces, was once again better than the others, on level with episode 5. The interesting thing tho was that both were outsource to Maru animation, so it wouldnt surprise me that this korean outsource studio has some great animator working for them, they are honestly doing a very decent job, better than Voln tbh
Feb 26, 2021 12:12 PM
Jul 2019
Uuuh oooh those country bumkins got fooled again......................

So, this Princess of Lutoh has a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde syndrome.
Feb 26, 2021 12:54 PM
Nov 2018
@Stark700 It's always weird! But the shonen farm takes the cake, of course.

@z00nex That choir reminds me of an old Disney movie, The Great Mouse Detective. The mice singing their song Oh, Ratigan:

Ratigan: "My earlier crimes were fine for their times but now that I'm at it again, an even grimmer plot has been simmering in my great criminal brain!"

Choir: "Even meaner? You mean it? Worse than the widows and orphans you drowned? You're the best of the worst around! Oh, Ratigan, oh Ratigan, the rest fall behind!"
Feb 26, 2021 1:32 PM
Oct 2016
The weirdest science experiment torture scene I've ever witnessed. A choice singing along to the scientists experimenting, that's definitely a new one. Arrow is lucky to have Shu and Bit there to help him out of that. Prax did come back to capture him just like Shu said she would but how did this evil twisted version of the princess get him down to that lab. Really crazy end to this otherwise normal episode of the villagers finally being able to relax and pig out. We saw the princess with Atlee and Elsha in the bath its weird for her to shift to this evil version with different hair color and face to fit. There's a lot going on here we don't know yet apparently.
Feb 26, 2021 2:04 PM

Feb 2014
Bath scene with the girls for some fun fanservice,

And Elsha looks wonderful in that dress.
Feb 26, 2021 2:15 PM

Feb 2021
Great episode to one of the best anime out in modern times. MAL's score is embarrassing.
Feb 26, 2021 3:59 PM

Jul 2013
Well, that plot twist of the princess apparently having split personality was surprising, but seeing how naive and idealistic she seems to be, I figured out there would be some plot twist regarding her at some point. Anyway, I'm interested to see how things will play out next episode.
Feb 26, 2021 4:41 PM
Aug 2019
The choir part was a bit overdone tbh. Not too bad though, I knew something was up when the princess didn't wash their backs in return. It was obvious it wasn't Prax behind the mask, but i didn't expect it to be the princess herself.
Feb 26, 2021 6:22 PM
Oct 2020
Wow... this show is really good. I've always liked it but this episode just takes the cake for being better than GRIDMAN and good overall. This show is def better than your average 90's anime. A lot of good characters. The politics and diplomacy/bureaucracy are interesting but not overbearing. Characters like Atlee and Elsha's non mech moments are always pretty interesting and I wonder how characters like Bit feel being useless compared to At and Esh. I wonder if Bit is gonna have a jealously/inferiority arc because i feel like he might even if he was named " admiral" to make him feel better. But now, there is the possibility of ppl without conviction to get a mech. Lutoh of course also has a dark side but it seems more complicated then that. And even the non mech combat looked pretty good! Overall, Excited for next week.
Feb 26, 2021 6:23 PM
Oct 2020
WeebletReviews said:
The choir part was a bit overdone tbh. Not too bad though, I knew something was up when the princess didn't wash their backs in return. It was obvious it wasn't Prax behind the mask, but i didn't expect it to be the princess herself.

That part was funny to me. I love when certain shows don't take themselves too seriously.
Feb 26, 2021 6:36 PM
Oct 2020
Ruben_Contreras said:
Great episode to one of the best anime out in modern times. MAL's score is embarrassing.

I wouldnt say its one of the "best anime in modern times", but its good and really good for a mech anime and we don't really get a lot of those considering the mech genre is pretty dead. The rating is far too low for what this show is. Id say a 6.5 minimum if you dont like it.
Feb 26, 2021 7:11 PM
Jun 2019
So the evil scientist has a choir that sings when he's doing experiments on people, that's just amazing.
Feb 26, 2021 8:05 PM
Aug 2019
V_2021 said:
WeebletReviews said:

That part was funny to me. I love when certain shows don't take themselves too seriously.

At first it wasn't too bad but it was too drawn out
Feb 27, 2021 1:00 AM

Aug 2019
I honestly didn’t see that reveal coming, but it made this series more interesting
Feb 27, 2021 1:40 AM

Oct 2017
So that was the princess herself. She has some sort of dual personality it seems, interesting.
Feb 27, 2021 2:06 AM
Mar 2012
Edgar village granted free land, but they always fall into more trouble.
Arrow becomes labrat.
Talk of 'love' sounds full delusional almost Petelgeuse styled. Oh turns out Fine has dual personality. Lol that choir & madscientist so weird.
Feb 27, 2021 4:46 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! I honestly like the princess, super idealistic but it's not a bad ideal, why didn't she wash their backs though, that's kinda sus or she's just speaking figuratively.

Prax is really cool, but what the hell princess lmao. And that choir was honestly hilarious. Didn't expect the princess at all to be behind that mask and she's got something like a split personality goin on there. Honestly really interesting and I wanna know why, looking forward to the next episode.

Love how Shu keeps fuckin with Bit lmao.
Feb 27, 2021 8:03 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lutoh's politics and the way of leadership were clearly different with Rekka. The country led by 6 different noble warriors, and each of them already been introduced with their own uniqueness. Prax was truly the strongest among them, while the princess (and her definition of love conviction) was the one to be chosen as their solid leader.

However, it was indeed a correct one that labelling Lutoh invitation as a too good to be true matters. But, by actually having a two split personalities of princess looked a bit too weird to be encounters. Lol. Good shit. I wonder how what the villager do after realizing that matters. Commander Bit was also pretty useful in this episode, good shot. Not much Atlee and Elsha screen time in these time. But that bathing scene was quite good to fill the slot gap.

Before that, i got to see Rekka's side of combat strength while facing a western rebellion. Soon, the time for the big war within the two countries already decided with their little screen time, there. Also, a scene above the wall confirmed that they couldn't pass the wall via the sky. What about the underground passage? The doctor also left behind on the scenery. What can he do in his alone time, there? Lets see the next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 27, 2021 10:22 AM

Feb 2012
As expected, Prax had actually tried to use her Briheight to fly over the wall once but it actually has defense systems to prevent people from go further vertically as well as through the wall. Back Arrow did not know this and attempted to use Prax's Britheight to fly over, now he knows and it looks like the whole world is artificial.

Good on Shu for not trusting Lutoh entirely

The mad scientist scene was weird af "The Mine Shaft" (Taniguchi's really going Tomino with these character names).

So Not-Euphemia actually has split personality and used the fact her knight, Prax, sometimes wore a mask, as a disguise. The evil side of the Princess wants to find out how Back Arrow can pilot without a conviction, enabling commoners to have their own Briheights, but is this also the intention of the Princess's "good" side? That not being the real Prax may have been foreshadowed; the real Prax dismembered the noble responsible for experimenting on young boys and threatened to go after the ones that ordered the experimentation, it would be unrealistic for the real Prax to hand over Back Arrow to the same fate.
Fortress_MaximusFeb 27, 2021 11:53 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 27, 2021 4:13 PM

Feb 2019

What a tedious episode. The entire thing is spent waiting for the shoe to drop with this flawless perfect kingdom. It takes goddamned 18 minutes, at which point we go from perfection to performing torture in front of a choir singing the national anthem, while the Jekyll and Hyde Princess turns into a literal lizard person, cackling about genocide. I'm not joking about the lizard person thing either, or using it as a stand-in for anti-semitism. The way that they show her changing from 'good' princess to 'bad' princess is to have her skin turn yellow, her eyes turn into reptillian slits, and her mouth go all giant-frog.

But aside from those last three minutes, the episode was a whole lot of absolutely nothing. They take a bath. Here's some shots of scenery. Here's some more shots of the scenery. Here's dinner. Here's Bit being an absolute goddamn moron tosser like he always is. Not even good baths. If you're going to be fanservicey, then goddamned go all out with it. I think the bath scene may have actually been more conservative than the boob vests the characters walk around in by default.
Feb 27, 2021 7:24 PM
May 2020
Moon_man2 said:
So the evil scientist has a choir that sings when he's doing experiments on people, that's just amazing.

That made my day! More choir please!
Feb 28, 2021 2:48 AM

Apr 2020
This episode explains a lot more background settings, but the pace is still great.

The core point is the princess. The title "bloodstained knight" can refer to both Prax and the dark side of the princess's other personality. The bathing scene is full of strangeness. It says washing each other as equals, but the result is only one-sided service, I thought she was just hiding a dagger in her smile, but I didn't expect a split personality, and well this kind of unfolding is quite common and not unexpected.

Prax used her right hand in the battle, but cut the Duke with the left hand. Combined with this episode, the princess used the left hand, so Prax deliberately used the left hand in front of people in order to cover up what the princess did, thus gaining the title of "bloodstained". Therefore, Prax knows the dual personality of the princess, but why does she still devote herself to the princess?

And the doctor is also very strange. In this episode he warning Arrow is actually quite unnatural. He didn't immediately warn Arrow when he saw the enemy, but slowly stood up and prepared to escape, and then warned Arrow, as if he had deliberately letting Prax catch Alo, and his true identity would soon be exposed!

But Shu Bi is still as reliable as ever. I feel that there is no trouble at all if he is here!

Looking forward to the next episode more and more.

Feb 28, 2021 6:39 AM

Oct 2008
alpo42ab said:
Moon_man2 said:

That made my day! More choir please!

that cracked me up as well...lolz
4/5.

Mar 10, 2021 6:11 AM

Apr 2012
To be honest, I stopped understanding if the authors were trying to troll me or just throw random cliches due to lack of interest in the plot.
Apr 21, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2016
The princess was too meek and diplomatic for such a crazy series xD

Hilarious development. I actually fuck with the goofiness now.

RobertBobert said:
To be honest, I stopped understanding if the authors were trying to troll me or just throw random cliches due to lack of interest in the plot.

That was my problem at the beginning, but after putting it on hold and coming back, I actually roll with it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2021 11:01 AM

Apr 2012
FMmatron said:
The princess was too meek and diplomatic for such a crazy series xD

Hilarious development. I actually fuck with the goofiness now.

RobertBobert said:

That was my problem at the beginning, but after putting it on hold and coming back, I actually roll with it.

Well, I don’t want to say that this is some kind of big problem for me, it just often seems very random. Especially when it comes to fanservice.
Jul 31, 2021 5:22 AM

Jul 2015
Already had a bad feeling on Lutoh but the princess having a split personality was unexpected.
Bit getting beaten up is always a nice sight to behold.

Dec 9, 2021 7:03 AM

Mar 2013
That was a very awful fan service adaptation (it was insufficient for me, XD). The princess asked them for a diplomacy by scrubbing their backs but the princess didn't and just left, ain't I smell hypocrisy or untruthfulness?! From the get go, Lutoh simply gave all the villagers their needs even if Back Arrow was their main reason for inviting them. This episode really shows you that Lutoh also have their crazies in this world.

In the end, the princess was actually... I don't know... Let's wait for the next ep!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 1, 9:27 PM
Jun 2022
Yeah , i take it back . many witches out there , careful now lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

54 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 19, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2021

38 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

36 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

29 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

40 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.