Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Mar 10, 2021 10:53 AM

Mar 2019
Damn Ghislaine had a fking amazing moment at the end.
If only Rudy was able to win all that on his own, he was soo close.
Two things about Eris. She's cute and the second one: omg this studio does not hold back when it comes to blood and I LOVE IT. That scene were the guy beat Eris to death was so detailed and amazing.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 10, 2021 9:27 PM
Mar 2020
I usually dont like isekais but i heard great things abt this one plus the animation being amazing, even though i cant keep with this, is boring and honestly i kinda hated every character so im dropping it
Mar 26, 2021 10:51 AM

Nov 2019
The fight animation was exquisite. Looking forward to new developments in a new area
Mar 28, 2021 2:15 AM
Feb 2021
I like how brutal it got. And that moment when Rudy was shocked because of all blood but then there is Eiris just casually accepted it cause it's normal for her world. The first impression Eris gave me is very bad character wise but I will see her growth cause for now I only have Roxy as best girl here.
Apr 16, 2021 4:27 PM
Nov 2018
yo that fight scene and the ghislaine slash was so cool! things are heating up
Apr 19, 2021 10:32 PM

May 2013
I zonked out for a minute there and the next thing I knew they were kidnapped haha.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Apr 28, 2021 8:05 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, so much happened I can't believe it was only 23ish minutes!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 3, 2021 3:44 PM

Jul 2017
animejas said:
I hate Eris so much introduction wise atleast. Visually this episode looked good and the gore was retained pretty well but meh, this one bored me a lot. Felt the previous couple were better than this, although that's a very, very, very low bar.

The journey of me going from hating the series to loving it is pretty incredible. Clearly can tell this me was pre-light novels but it's like I saw the light on this series, particularly Eris for this episode, after reading the LNs. Sure she's obnoxious, rude, and annoying but that's a part of her character and considering how much she can grow in the long run, I have a special admiration for Eris as a character as well as her development as a whole. And this episode and chaotic plan that went awry was an important first step in the evolution of Eris Boreas Greyrat's character as a whole.

Nice seeing Rudeus also take part in his first real battle with his life on the line and utilize his magic abilities in good ways, especially for a 7 year old in this world. For his first 7 years, he's lived in a protective bubble at such a peaceful village that now, him having to experience being betrayed in a new environment like this and have his life not only at risk but see another person's head be decapitated and seeing death in front of him, all those experiences are pretty gruesome for such a young kid but will build his overall character and mental fortitude in the long run. Especially when he wants to protect the people he cares for eventually.

Animation as a whole was fantastic too for the fight, and made Rudeus' abilities only look more awesome to watch. It's well described in the books but the anime medium have the real advantage to turn those words into something spectacular when visually coming to life.
Jun 6, 2021 2:30 PM

Feb 2018
Dayum Ghis turned that sword into dust :P
Jun 7, 2021 6:32 PM

Aug 2017
Eris is annoying but she can be better later. I think this episode was very dangerous for Rudy.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 27, 2021 7:57 AM

Jun 2021
Rudes hired!As a tutor to Eris.
Aug 26, 2021 12:32 PM

May 2017
that was surprisingly good! the plot was quite fun and the absolute crisp animation and direction were awesome to watch.
Sep 25, 2021 9:37 AM
May 2020
Paul mulherengo.
Quanto a personalidade da Eris, foi justamente o que eu esperava.

Sep 30, 2021 9:22 AM

May 2018
That beast lady and her abs wowee Paul must have had a fun time with her. As for that brat Eris though... ugh... maybe she'll pad her chest in an alternate world
Oct 3, 2021 9:07 AM
Apr 2018
1. GHISLAINE, the beast woman with more masculine personality. (equivalent to tomboy)

2. "I've never beaten her once, except in bed." Now that's funny how RUDUES read that letter, & not to mention PAUL has his hands everywhere. haha~

3. "Send that letter to ZENITH."

4. GHISLAINE... that was amazing!
Oct 9, 2021 11:24 PM
Mar 2018
Doing a re-watch and noticed that somehow Eris's rope-bound hands come undone when she's kicked against the wall. This is when the guard first appears during the kidnapping. Rudeus even makes a point that if Eris knew magic she could get out of the rope.

Seems like a eye-patch-accidentally-drawn-on-the-wrong-side type of moment
Oct 10, 2021 9:39 AM

Nov 2014
Oh god a redheaded angry loli, can't say I saw this one coming... Hope she's got a good story.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 16, 2021 10:47 AM

Feb 2019
Rudy landed his first job. Tutoring hotheaded girl Eris.

The servant plotted a plan to kidnap Eris for real, because he hated serving her.

Ghislaine is badass, her abs and biceps damnnn
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 21, 2021 2:00 AM

Apr 2009
Sorry, no longer Jobless Reincarnation are we?

The plan backfired a bit because somebody who knows derailed it but somehow it worked out in the end so medetashi medetashi.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 18, 2021 10:36 AM

May 2020
This type of tsundere that I don't like. Rudy thought its an acting but mehh its a real action crime. Less combat but that girly fox is really strong and pro.
Nov 30, 2021 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
Oh man this is not good. Looks like Eris is a main character. Just hearing her voice gives me a headache. This gonna be hard. Also lol they really gave a 7 year old a job as a tutor.
Jan 2, 2022 2:58 AM

Aug 2008
That's probably the quickest a shitty stuck-up character's been introduced then satisfyingly put in her place. I can tell she's going to be the most irritating in the series.
Jan 6, 2022 10:39 AM

Mar 2021
Eris is a bitch but I like her for some reason. Paul being a terrible dad again with the letter and carting him away for 5 years. Ghislane is OP that move was great and the animation for it was clean I’m really enjoying the pacing of this show so far.
GoyaNoMachiawaseJan 8, 2022 3:58 AM
Feb 8, 2022 11:58 AM

Feb 2021
new girl, new convenient plot device to turn on our proud mc
Feb 23, 2022 7:08 AM

Jul 2021
Another great episode.

The letter was hilarious and it's kind of sad that Rudy can't have any connection with Sylphie or his mum for 5 years, they didn't even get to say a proper goodbye, sucks.

Well Eris is quite troublesome and violent girl, it took a real kidnapping incident to get her acting like a normal person. Those violent kicks to her head sure did something.

She was so impressed by Rudy that she gave him a special permission to call her just Eris, first name basis already, damn.

Rudy got hired, that's good. Now Eris training arc?

5/5 episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 2, 2022 11:45 AM

Sep 2015
Ghislaine is the best girl of this series ! Really liking her

But I can't stand Eris though... not sure if she will change or not.. hopefully she does...
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 4, 2022 2:37 AM

Jan 2013
Eris getting beaten up put a smile on my face, ngl
Apr 17, 2022 11:37 PM

Jun 2020
From his arrival at Roa he's greeted with a warm nice shout from Eris and a beating holy this girl is something else

Still the gore is there and might I say that's brutal I thought they were really acting but I knew from the start they don't act like that Eris took a beating I kind of felt bad for her

I see some improvement from Rudy even if it's a serious scene but I really see his potential if he didn't stay in a hole in his village and went out I see now why they're taking him to another atmosphere damn Ghislaine is killing these dudes flawlessly and easily.
May 31, 2022 6:21 AM

Jul 2014
Somehow, Rudy becomes more and more unlikeable for me with every passing episode. Yes, Eris was a bit rude to him on their introduction, but what kind of sick fuck decides that the best course of action from there is to stage their kidnapping and taunt her about how she could get out if she knew magic? And even if he does think the bald guy is just acting (which I can just about stomach, given how useless Rudy is at reading even the clearest of context clues), it's seriously messed up that he just sits there and watches the guy beat the shit out of Eris rather than doing anything to help. He leaves it way too long to do anything, and by that point it just comes across as him being a massive hypocrite who needs to get off his high horse.

Seriously, I utterly refute the notion that Rudy couldn't think of any other way to get Eris on side than this. And if he couldn't, how am I supposed to root for such a psychotic little shit?
Jul 29, 2022 3:43 PM

May 2018
Eris has got to be the worst and most hateful tsundere in my anime-watching history! Her introduction has completely turned off my desire to finish this series unless there are more episodes where she gets beat to sleep.

Ghislaine is best girl!
Ittan_MomenJul 29, 2022 3:46 PM

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 13, 2022 4:46 PM

Jan 2011
welp they went outta their way to make this new girl an unlikable asshole

impressive action scenes though
Oct 12, 2022 1:17 AM

Aug 2017
When Rudeus slapped Eris and then she beats the shit out him, it made me burst out laughing. That was too funny.

Eris went ham on the punches. Such a fiery hot tempered young lady. What a peculiar and violent way to introduce yourself to someone.

Oct 26, 2022 4:42 PM
Oct 2022
es bastante turbio, mejor retomo one piece
Nov 5, 2022 2:59 PM

Mar 2010
Twas a pleasure to see that gal gettin that beat down if only they went a step forward and did some reap jk but not jk :b damn this shit is starting to feel slow paced.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 1, 2022 3:24 PM
Sep 2022
Legal, a história está evoluindo e vamos ver no que vai dar...
Dec 15, 2022 7:12 AM

Dec 2021
The animation is sick! It's so clean making the fight scenes fun to watch :))
Jan 13, 2023 7:34 AM

Apr 2013
Alright, I hate Eris already. Felt good when that thug gave her a good beating, she really deserved that. Ghislaine was quite badass, it really seems like she doesn't think a lot... at all.
Jan 17, 2023 1:48 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This show doesn't even need an opening to be good.
Mar 9, 2023 8:52 PM

Jul 2009
Lmao didn't see that Eris beatdown coming. Kinda impressed the show decided go with that. Ghislaine is thankfully likeable, though.

I still find amusing that Paul is both a total trainwreck of a human being and a good father.
Apr 12, 2023 5:59 PM
Apr 2023
on voie un génie comme personnage principale et qui n'est encore un enfant.
May 1, 2023 5:50 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great episode!!! This anime is really good.

My man is a beast with magic now. And hot swordsman mink lady is crazy strong. I’m keen to see how everything plays out and keen to see all these characters when they’re grown up!
Jun 14, 2023 5:56 AM
Dec 2021
good and fine.ı love this anime im in 5th episode.
Jun 28, 2023 2:19 AM

Jan 2018
So Paul sent off Rudeus to be a tutor for 5 years? Makes sense I guess. Except for the secrecy.

Wait, Eris is his cousin?! Bruh.

That first lesson must've been intense for Eris. Hope she behaves for the next 5 years.

She's like Asuka Langley Soryuu. But way more bossy.
Jul 2, 2023 7:58 AM

Dec 2022
Oh the red hot tempered girl has arrived?!?

Jul 7, 2023 8:03 PM
May 2023
The Main character is plain creepy i personally don't find any decent qualities in him that make up for his bad ones.
Jul 10, 2023 4:43 AM
Aug 2016
If this episode doesn't hook you, I don't know what will
Jul 23, 2023 9:38 AM

May 2015
Tsundere now! Classic!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 2, 2023 6:46 AM
Jan 2018
Ghislaine Seems to be a real badass
Aug 5, 2023 5:21 PM
Aug 2021
I just hate paul honestly. couldnt even say goodbye to his mom ffs.

Oh well, cat lady hot af.
Aug 19, 2023 1:39 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Been putting it off for a while now, but this re-watch is basically begging me to go and finally read the light novels. You can just kind of tell there is more that this story wants to tell, so many small things left out that would round it out even more. This adaption is already pristine on its own; and it certainly has done its job in getting me fully interested in this world and wanting to know more. Like once Rudeus recalls Paul telling him that the north-god style has throwing techniques as a sword is hurtling toward him, I'm just like, man, I wanna know more about this stuff. I love how despite how over-powered magic can be as with any world, it still has its drawbacks and doesn't make you completely invincible. It looks like swordsmanship is like of equal importance to one's defence and offence in combat, and heck might even be more deadly. I mean, did you see Ghislaine? Sure she's a "king" (they didn't go over it, but I'm sure the sword users have their ranks too in terms of skill) and probably at the top of her class, but still. In that moment it looked like she could solo any magic user without issue. As most (if not all, excluding Rudeus and Sylphiette so far) magic users will need incantations to use magic, she'd probably end them the second they open their mouth to utter said incantation.

Anyway, another episode which flew by and also covered so much stuff. Hmm, maybe I like it just a little how they left out some things, allowing the pacing to be this brisk. I think they found a good common ground right in between. It cuts out some things, but keeps everything important, and as a whole it gives you a show with each episode being rich with content. It gives you enough interest, for me at least, to be satisfied with the anime, but definitely prods you into reading the light novels with added interest.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

295 by Hayley2877 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2021

381 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

271 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 24

22 by nishant0 »»
Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

412 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.