Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2021 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, they're slowly but surely introducing more main cast into this show now with Sylphiette making her appearance. Character chemistry between her and Rudy was fun to watch and I think they picked a decent VA.

Sylphiette has so much energy especially when running across that field. Silly Rudy..he shouldn't take a girl's clothes off easily that.
Jan 24, 2021 7:57 AM

May 2019
This episode helps to cement the tone of Mushoku Tensei.

Slice of life, feelings and some gags.

Oh fool of those who thought it was a typical power fantasy with OP character or anything like this.

Jan 24, 2021 8:13 AM

Jun 2012
Another Brilliant episode! Plus! Girl number two of the best girl trio has shown up!

When I saw the next episode title, I got excited! it is going to be a shocker!! Hopefully they'll do us a solid and toss in some of the other Greyrats backstory.

Edit: SNAP! It's also going to be Lilia's time to shine next week too. Looking forward to it!
GlorditJan 24, 2021 8:34 AM
Jan 24, 2021 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Best girl has finally appeared!

Mushoku Tensei is what makes Sundays so great.
Jan 24, 2021 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
D'awww, precious awkward friendship. It';s so cuuute.
Jan 24, 2021 8:28 AM

Jun 2019
Nice, a new girl Sylphiette has appeared and looks like Rudy and she will go along quite well. Well, I certainly hope so. Great episode as usual.
Wait, why didn't I mention that she's so adorable.
Pre_YumJan 24, 2021 8:33 AM
Jan 24, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2019
Man, mushoku so clear at the top of the season, it’s crazy. Every episode so far has felt like a fantasy film. The quality has just been impeccable. I’m in awe.

One thing, among the litany of things that separates Mushoku from other isekai is the fact that it genuinely feels like a magical fantasy world. We got to see more of that on display today. It doesn’t just feel like some cardboard cutout JRPG game world.

I love the relationship dynamic between Rudy and Paul too. It feels very organic and realistic. Seeing Paul teach Rudy those lessons today and learn from history own mistakes as a parent was great. We’re not just jumping into a world where the MC is overpowered from the jump. There’s amazing world building here.
Jan 24, 2021 8:35 AM
Feb 2018
Sad thing it still makes no difference whether the MC was reincarnated or "native" to the world.
Jan 24, 2021 8:35 AM

Dec 2010
Gargeous episode as always. Anime Sylphi is cute but imo, best design still "demon" Roxy. :)

Fn76Jan 24, 2021 8:39 AM
Jan 24, 2021 8:36 AM

Aug 2020
Enter: Best girl

makes sense why "he" was so gorgeous
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Jan 24, 2021 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
Finally Sylphiette made an appearance, one of the best girls, she and Rudy have one of the most wholesome relationships in the series.

Great episode, great pacing. They adapted her introduction and their first meeting perfectly.
Jan 24, 2021 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
LEL even after Roxy left, Rudy still worships her panties in rememberance of her xD

And the 2nd of 3 best girls has arrived: Sylphiette the emerald-green elf. The amount of bullying is akin to Rudeus' past life, and the way that his father Paul treated him without reason, it's "101 Parenting" all wrong.

As is with Roxy, the timeskip with Slyph improves her relationship with Rudeus overtime...albeit a "childhood friend" type kind. The bath scene was kinda hilariously ridiculous for Rudy to help Sylph undress lols, the instant gratification of a girl straight in his sights.

HEH, like father like son, teaching the ways of winning girls' hearts. But it can get awkward and creepy at first for making a friend in the new world.

PoisonHero said:
Mushoku Tensei is what makes Sundays so great.
IKR in every way.
Jan 24, 2021 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again, this is really really good.

Loving the rustic charm and I love the fact we're going slowly through different stages of Rudy growing up. The direction is great and makes even these rustic simple things very engaging and compelling.

I love how they're showing us all the little things instead of just skipping to some magic academy or world saving quest, it's the little things like Rudy making his first friend, the time they spend together, getting into trouble with his Dad even though he clearly did the right thing which lead to his Dad realizing that he was being unfair to Rudy. They even flipped it around really well with Rudy genuinely making a mistake by trying to force Sylph but this time his Dad takes his time with him and helps him understand his mistake. Tons of great compelling skits in the life of a growing kid. I suppose in some ways despite his real age, the MC is still kind of immature since he was never exposed to this stuff so it's almost fitting for him to learn the things he couldn't in his original life.

Comedy is great too, the relationship between Sylph and Rudy was great, I hope there's much more from where that came from along with all the coming of age lessons. Kinda hilarious the things that Paul is actually teaching Rudy at this age, heck even lamented about it at the end. xD

The art continues to be gorgeous, tons of beautiful landscapes. I really hope they keep up the quality and tone.
Jan 24, 2021 8:41 AM

Aug 2013
It's good to see Sylphiette animated. But I'm still waiting for you know who. XD

As for the episode, it was relaxing. Rudy mistaking Sylphy for a boy was amusing.

Jan 24, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2020
I really like Rudy's parents, they are actively playing a huge role in his life. The little SOL moments with them are always a delight and I hope it continues to be that way.
Jan 24, 2021 8:42 AM

Jan 2017
I'm starting to warm up to Rudy, not only did he managed to get Sylphiette as his first new "real friend", he was also steadfast on his resolve against his own dad, mad props for staying cool despite the slap

oof moment though during the bath for Rudy xD
Jan 24, 2021 8:46 AM
Sep 2015
Look like women in the village are still thinking they've a chance with Paul. As someone who love Paul more than anything else, I've to say to those women that they've absolutely no chance. In fact, I'd advise them to invest in Rudy instead, as he'll surely grow into a hot guy, if they don't mind the fact that Rudy is the reincarnation of the loser.

One of the thing I love about Paul (other than his body and his sexual energy) is that he's oldschool masculinity.

Rudy is naked again, though I want to see Paul naked more than anything else.

Talking about Rudy, how can he miss the fact that Sylph is a girl? I thought he played hundreds of eroge game in the past, and this type of girl is not uncommon at all!

At least I know that Rudy can swing that way if the boy is cute enough, maybe trap is acceptable to him too?
phantomfandomJan 24, 2021 8:49 AM
Jan 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Apr 2014
I love how Rudy worshipping Roxy's pantsu.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 24, 2021 8:47 AM
Jan 2021
Just a small thing, but Funimation revised their translation of the 7 magic tiers. They correctly called it the 4th tier "saint" instead of "sacred" like in the first 2 Episodes. Of course that was only one mentioned that got revised, but the fact they changed it means they probably will name the rest of them correctly from now on.
Jan 24, 2021 8:50 AM

Oct 2017
Paul was in the wrong there, he got angry at Rudy without even trying to hear what he had to say in his defense. I loved how Rudy roasted him there. Also wow that boy's mom's a pervert, she just wants to see Paul and doesn't really care that much about her son. The way she was blushing while talking to Paul was kinda creepy.

Rudy met a new girl who he thought was a boy. He even pulled her underwear and to top it off he said it to her face that he thought of her as a boy. Poor girl must have felt awful. Anyway I'm glad they made up and with that Rudy has got a childhood friend. I was hoping for Rudy x Roxy ship but this won't be a bad choice either.
Jan 24, 2021 8:53 AM
Dec 2019
This show is fantastic. Currently at a 9. Such an amazing isekai with a likeable cast.
Jan 24, 2021 8:55 AM
Oct 2016
Rudy made his first real friend in his new life! The anime introduction of Sylphy, voiced meekly by Ai Kayano, was done so well. Rudy having experienced harsh bullying in his past life of course wouldn't let those brats pick on a poor defenseless kid. The whole episode was good with not only Rudy and Sylphy bonding but Rudy and Paul butting heads for the first time, something that is not as miniscule as it might seem here. Rudy having his previous life to look back upon easily out witted Paul in that conversation. Being in the right helped a bunch but we heard him say hes used to weaseling out of disadvantageous situations like that. Paul did see the error of his ways and try to be more delicate the next time which he did. Loved seeing Rudy and Sylphy together throughout the episode. Rudy teaching Sylphy how to do incantation less spells which she kinda got eventually. Really funny when Rudy thought she was a he and stripped her. A bad look for Rudy but funny to laugh at his assumptions. From his previous life Rudy doesn't have much experience speaking to a girl his own age so he's kinda fumbling through it all. I'm glad that they mended things and are still good friends. Sylphy is a great character.
Jan 24, 2021 8:57 AM
Jun 2019
Horimiya is better than this? Oh cmon bruh
Jan 24, 2021 8:57 AM

Apr 2020
oh my. this is so far a top tier adaptation! all haters, get ready for the next ep kekw
Jan 24, 2021 8:58 AM

Sep 2019
Great episode again. I liked the fact that Rudy went to save Sylphi and didn't run away.
Stark700 said:
Cool, they're slowly but surely introducing more main cast into this show now with Sylphiette making her appearance. Character chemistry between her and Rudy was fun to watch and I think they picked a decent VA.
Well it's Kayano Ai so ofc the voice was good.
Jan 24, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
I actually thought this was a beautiful episode. The comedy was there and it was great but not only was the friendship between Sylphiette and Rudy very done, I loved Paul's development into a better parent from what his father was. Yeah Rudy had to use his previous world knowledge to teach Paul a lesson but i still thought the Rudy and Paul moments were very cool.

I think the classic troupe of us, the viewers, knowing Sylphiette was a female was actually done very well.

This part though had me laughing so hard though

"Holy Relic" ROFl
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 24, 2021 9:02 AM

Jun 2012
RegulusX said:
oh my. this is so far a top tier adaptation! all haters, get ready for the next ep kekw

DUUUUUUUUDE!! I am sitting here ready to explode with excitement to see how people are going to react to the next episode. Sunday can not come soon enough.
Jan 24, 2021 9:02 AM

Jun 2016
I ship them already. I wasn’t expecting that Sylph is a girl not until that bath scene happened. Mindblown! Haha! Kyaaaaaaa! Sylph is so cute. Ugh my kokoro!

I love how Rudy is helping his new father be a better father then he helps Rudy become a better person. Ugh. This anime is too much for my heart. Aside from AOT, this is the anime that I don’t want to end every episode and feels like it’s 10-minutes long. Dangit. Thank you, MuseAsia!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 24, 2021 9:03 AM

Jun 2016

I got teary eyed, they’re so precious!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 24, 2021 9:05 AM
Oct 2016
RegulusX said:

Oh man next episode will be hilarious lmfao. Once I saw the title it has I knew it would be a trip
Jan 24, 2021 9:11 AM

Aug 2019
I'd say my favorite part in the ep is the father-son confrontation, it is a very good way to build their dynamic.

Rudy made a friend, Slyphy(best girl?). And it's funny that even Rudy lived 20 years in his past life he can also still be childish.

And damn i want to say again, the quality of this anime freakin' god tier.
Jan 24, 2021 9:11 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good ep.

Sylphiette seems like a good girl and I liked the interactions she had with Rudy. It's nice they still made up near the end of the ep and I look forward to seeing how their friendship grows.

I'm very much looking forward to the next ep.
Jan 24, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
This is getting better every episode i believe this anime will be great. MT will surely redefine the way people look at isekai, i have high hopes
Jan 24, 2021 9:15 AM

Jun 2014
At first I didn't even question whether or not Sylph was a boy or girl and just assumed she was a trap until the bath scene lol, the reluctance to remove her clothes in front of Rudy then made me realize for sure she's a girl. It was nice to see Rudy make a friend and I liked his dynamic with his dad in this episode, it actually felt like the type of organic growth between a father and son that you would expect to see in real life.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 24, 2021 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
This is anime done right.
Takes itself seriously enough to not be cringe, but not enough to be edgy.
As for the animation, man, I'm impressed. Everything looks so beautiful.
Jan 24, 2021 9:17 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode! Anyone else notice the LOTR reference at minute 2.20?
Jan 24, 2021 9:19 AM

Jul 2019
This episode was really good. I was really scared about the bath scene, but it turned out pretty alright, as it seemed more like an accident rather than rudeus being a pervert like he usually is. Paul was also great. This adaptation really is perfect, congrats to the director, manabu okamoto, he is truly doing an amazing job at directing and adapting the source material (as he is also the series composition).
Like a lot of people said, next episode will most likely be one of the most controversial episodes, but it will probably still be a pretty decent and fun one.
Oh, and i guess there is no opening visuals? The way the opening song just happened when rudeus was just walking around was strangely film-like, although i would prefer a full opening, this isnt that bad too, as it really elevates the production.
Jan 24, 2021 9:22 AM
Oct 2016
SoraSenpai said:

This part though had me laughing so hard though

"Holy Relic" ROFl

Welcome to Roxism
Jan 24, 2021 9:22 AM
Dec 2020
Episode 4 is when shit hits the fan...
Jan 24, 2021 9:23 AM

Jan 2021
So far this is becoming my favorite series in the Winter lineup, there usually isn't anything better than a slightly perverted main character. Having not read to far I'm glad I can watch this show from a almost new point of view.

From seeing the first couple episodes I've decided I'm going to pick up the manga so I dont have to wait.
Jan 24, 2021 9:24 AM
May 2019
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Sad thing it still makes no difference whether the MC was reincarnated or "native" to the world.

it does tho, without going into spoiler teritory, it already made a pretty big difference in just these 3 episodes, with things like his trauma from his past life. and his maturity for his age

and his great inner monologues
Jan 24, 2021 9:25 AM

Sep 2019
Rudy saved Sylphiette form the other kids' bullying and even teached her magic. The bath scene was an unfortunate(or fortunate idk) accident but they made up after it. It was a really good episode with beautiful animation once again. Sylphiette's really cute but Roxy was better.
Jan 24, 2021 9:27 AM

Jun 2012
NoFriendsAlways said:
So far this is becoming my favorite series in the Winter lineup, there usually isn't anything better than a slightly perverted main character. Having not read to far I'm glad I can watch this show from a almost new point of view.

From seeing the first couple episodes I've decided I'm going to pick up the manga so I dont have to wait.

Just my 100% honest onion here. Rather don't read the manga, it kind of sucks and skips out on a lot of minor details.
Jan 24, 2021 9:29 AM

Mar 2019
HUNTICELAND said:

Is that when the pedophile lusted after the 6 year old kid's naked body?
Jan 24, 2021 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
Enrav1x said:
This is getting better every episode i believe this anime will be great. MT will surely redefine the way people look at isekai, i have high hopes
Oh yes , i've read the manga and will say it is ! can't wait to see what they adapt next ;)
Jan 24, 2021 9:33 AM

Jun 2012
Toneworks said:
HUNTICELAND said:

Is that when the pedophile lusted after the 6 year old kid's naked body?

That's a doujin exclusive arc which is going to be amazing!
Jan 24, 2021 9:34 AM
Oct 2017
It was a really good episode, I love how the anime is adapting the LN so far. I feel that the pervert parts are smoother in the anime (thx god)
Still waiting for the visual of the Opening tho
Jan 24, 2021 9:40 AM

May 2016
What a great episode, so far I'm really enjoying this show and the family build up is decent.

New friend earned.

is this 11 episode a trend now?
Jan 24, 2021 9:42 AM
Oct 2016
Toirama said:
It was a really good episode, I love how the anime is adapting the LN so far. I feel that the pervert parts are smoother in the anime (thx god)
Still waiting for the visual of the Opening tho

Jan 24, 2021 9:48 AM
Apr 2016
- Still no explanation of the very important sword styles and where does this take place - things that were skipped in the last episode
- Rudy was hurling mud balls on Somal and his pals instead of water in the LN
- 6:59 Sylphie actually was busy with something, at the moment at least, (Rudy went with her to deliver lunch to her father Laws after that) but they completely skipped it
- Rudy's and Paul's conversation was shortened + Pauls's monologue was shortened too
- Rudy's training with sword was almost completely ommited - he pretty much sucks, as you can see, but despite that wishes to beat Paul at least once while he's still in his prime (he's 25 rn and Rudy 6)
- Training with Sylphie was also REALLY shortened and Rudy teaches Sylphie to read and write in addition to that
- Some explanation of the magic system was skipped (I think this is one of things that makes the LN so good, so it's a real shame...)
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Mushoku Tensei one of best isekai anime so far ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jul 20, 2023

44 by Devalroi »»
Apr 10, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

465 by Remurst »»
Apr 10, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

335 by Remurst »»
Apr 10, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

295 by wbergie »»
Apr 8, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

228 by ionelHeredia »»
Apr 8, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.