Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 30, 2021 12:25 PM

Feb 2020
aww that misunderstanding lmao i knew it was going along those lines..

binged the first three eps and can't wait for the next ep tomorrow :D

love the animation and really enjoying it so far~

lol when i first watched it i was like this voice.. this voice- ah! kyon!!!!
Jan 30, 2021 3:20 PM

Sep 2014
Can't resist dat Zenith booty!
Sylphiette a cutie, didn't think she'd be able to use chantless magic too, and not surprising she turned out to be a girl lol.
Like how they're fleshing out the relation between Paul and Rudeus.
Jan 31, 2021 4:30 AM

Dec 2016
The way Rudy was literally lecturing his father was the best part of this episode.

How Sugita Tomokazu says everything in that plain voice, it's so funny XD

Roxy's underwear is the actual holy relic XD

For the last scene I don't know what to say ( ̄▽ ̄)
Jan 31, 2021 7:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That moment he discovers that she's a girl when he undresses her...xDD Sylph definitely seems to be a great character!
Feb 1, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2012
Nice scenery + lovely OP, and that wheat field track shot.
omg ears move! aw we lost a trap, but at least there's still one this season.
There's something very natural of the pacing, allowing characters to develop, unlike usual isekais rushing thru volumes. Sylph's behavior & voicing changes over the timeskip, showing how Rudy helped his->her confidence.
Rudy still awkward bratty at times, but interactions with Paul was the highlight, can see the dad lose all HP in that arguement lol, then reflecting on his own strain with his father. A rare anime dad that develops, Paul totally can run for DOTY.

Feb 6, 2021 1:00 AM

May 2012
you know, this show is honestly ok, but the very obvious light novel aspects of it make it less good...
Feb 6, 2021 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
This anime has a little of everything, the best thing yet is true that we can listen to his commentaries, it makes everything much more hilarious, and the fact that he's socially awkward makes it even more believable xD

The whole "holy grail", when referring to Roxy's pants, oh boy! hahaha
That last scene made me think, his dad is right like he's 5 y.o but he never looks like a 5 y.o.

After a few minutes, it was clear that Sylph wasn't just a guy, Rudeus is indeed having a great start life xD Just imagine him at 5 making his dad understand his side and story, damn what a king!
When he and Sylph grow, they will be way too OP, if they can already do this, can't wait man! I might even start reading the source material, this is so good.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 11, 2021 5:56 AM
Jul 2020
"He... was a she."
Feb 11, 2021 10:42 AM
Jan 2020
The bullyinhg… ugh. Rudy remembers it from his past life. Good thing he makes a new friend.
Feb 12, 2021 3:50 PM

Jul 2019
Good episode. I quite liked Sylphie. At first I thought she was a girl. Rudy messed it up for me lol.

Istg Rudy is also the dumbest guy, how can you not get that she was a girl from not wanting to get naked. Goddamn.
Feb 15, 2021 2:49 PM

Nov 2013
reading this episode discussion, guess i'm the only one who wasn't really paying attention to Sylph being a girl lol not that i care too much, traps can be cute too :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 17, 2021 8:47 AM

Apr 2020
Imo, Paul is the best supporting role in this movie. The overall logic of his role design is very self-consistent, and it plays an important role in Rudy's role transformation and plot development.

All the burns on Sylphiette's hands were shown. This detail is very good! Plus, Sylphiette is kawaii!!!

Feb 22, 2021 8:11 AM

Jul 2020
This was way better than last episode, the commentary on making friends here overcame the fanservicey elements that bothered me last time, nice

Mar 3, 2021 5:39 AM

Jul 2020
i knew it she was a girl
𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨

Mar 7, 2021 9:13 PM
Jan 2017
Rudeus' adventures in the new world continue as he finds a new friend. I really enjoyed the interactions between Rudeus and Sylphiette because it delivered a fair amount of character development for them. Aside from the people in house and Roxy, Rudeus never really had a friend so it's nice that he has found someone he can talk to like a normal person. This show is really good and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Mar 7, 2021 9:51 PM

Oct 2020
Glad to see Rudy and Slyphy make up eachother and Paul became an wingman to Rudy what a chad
Mar 9, 2021 2:46 PM

Mar 2019
Sylphiette is so cute! Especially that last part when she gave Rudy a pat.
The comedy in MT is close to my type, I laughed a couple of times. But man, his father was harsh that night. You gotta think that your child is actually older than you, lmao.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 23, 2021 7:56 AM

Jun 2020
This anime is so charming! Everything is beautiful & so pleasing to the eyes. I love the sound direction......the way they opened with that OP was just cinematic & evoked so many feelings with Rudy no longer being afraid & embarking with his new life, full of hope & new beginnings. Loved that ED too!!

Paul.......oh Paul....would love to find out more about his back story & his relationship with his dad. It was nice to hear his inner thoughts on his parenting of Rudy.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 28, 2021 9:46 AM

Sep 2012
the boy is a psyho cause he let other kids hit him so he could blame Rudeus only psyhos are capable of that not normal ppl

and father pissed me off at first not letting him explain

when he said sry i thought u were a boy this hole time i said u dummy u don't get girls at all, that's 1thing u never say even if its true lol
and father response to that lol
Sugram22Mar 28, 2021 9:51 AM
Apr 28, 2021 7:21 AM

Mar 2015
A really great episode, the comedy has been great too!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 3, 2021 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
Such a good episode. Only things questionable in this episode quality wise, is Paul's parenting skills and not listening to his son actually say anything before slapping him, gotta follow the innocent till proven guilty method and hear him out without just presuming its excuses from the getgo; and also the fact that Sylphiette really did look too much like a girl to believe that she was mistaken as a guy by Rudeus initially.

But really, while Rudeus and Paul are pretty damn controversial characters given their perverted natures in respective ways, I do find them to be refreshing in a sense as characters, two people who clearly have nice hearts and intentions but have this sort of presence and flaw too with that nature. I've seen so many isekai shows forcefully go the perfect MC route with everything from personality to looks to powers, so seeing someone like Rudeus while isn't the most likable person, is definitely a well-written and conceptualized and developing main character for sure. It was also nice seeing him use his master's lessons and refine his own magic by helping Sylphiette out with her own lessons as a way of being friends and bonding together, and making her stronger too for the future given how scared she was initially while being bullied. Great animation and voice acting and music to backup everything in this episode too.
May 29, 2021 7:27 AM

Aug 2017
That friendship is awkward but is fun to watch at least. Paul and his dirty advices lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 6, 2021 2:28 PM

Feb 2018
Loving how Paul is struggling being a good dad :P
Jul 27, 2021 6:28 AM

Jun 2021
Rudy's first friend might be a boy but it turned out girl Sylph a child of human and elf.
Sep 21, 2021 8:19 AM

Apr 2020
Ah the scene where Rudy realizes that Sylph is a girl...yeah that was something. Also tiny PP, TINY PP.

This episode reminded me just how parenting a smart child is pretty dicey. And I mean you can't really blame Paul, he has the mindset of actually being a commanding father, but all it does is just make him a father who abuses his position as a parent. I will keep a note on that once I do become a daddy.

Also...DEITYYYYY. We must give our prayers to the holy pant-
Sep 25, 2021 1:18 AM
May 2020

•Esse anime está muito bom. Que continue assim e melhorando cada vez mais.
•Aquela parte da discussão do Rude com o pai foi muito boa, obliterando o psicológico do cara.
•Com a entrada da Sylphiette na hitória creio que foi um ótimo desenvolvimento para o Rude quanto au seu trauma da vida passada.
•Que a Sylphiette seja mais uma waifu do Rude no futuro.(mas até agora prefiro a Roxy)
•E imaginar que o Rude achava que a Sylphiette fosse um garoto. Muito contrangedor aquela forma que ele acabou descobrindo a verdade. kkkkkkkkkkkk.
Sep 29, 2021 1:41 PM

May 2018
Good episode. Knew Sylphie was a girl from the get go but it was still funny
Sep 29, 2021 1:42 PM

May 2018
raiderublaze said:
Ah the scene where Rudy realizes that Sylph is a girl...yeah that was something. Also tiny PP, TINY PP.

This episode reminded me just how parenting a smart child is pretty dicey. And I mean you can't really blame Paul, he has the mindset of actually being a commanding father, but all it does is just make him a father who abuses his position as a parent. I will keep a note on that once I do become a daddy.

Also...DEITYYYYY. We must give our prayers to the holy pant-

......Amen......
Oct 16, 2021 9:03 AM

Feb 2019
Paul is a funny dad lol.

Sylphie is too adorable 😍.

How oblivious this guy Rudy is for mistaking Sylphie a boy.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 21, 2021 12:18 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm I thought she was a girl first, not a boy, if not then a trap. LOL

Paul: Want some advice from your dad?

Eat your heart out, Flash! He can also do your thing, he's a mere smudge of paint colors!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 12, 2021 4:12 PM

Aug 2014
Ok. I also thought that she is a boy and also I thought they will have unhealthy boy and boy relation :O
I am happy that I've been fooled.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 30, 2021 2:00 AM

Jul 2013
I suspected the moment I saw her that she's a girl lol.
Jan 4, 2022 12:20 PM

May 2008
What a beautiful episode! Perfectly written, a sweet tale of a childhood that Rudy was denied in his previous life. Well done!
Jan 5, 2022 6:13 PM

Mar 2021
Paul is a cool fantasy dad for sure. I actually didn’t expect Sylph to be a girl even with all the hinting about being cute then it suddenly hit me in the bath scene. It wasn’t too cringe and very well done good episode overall it really shows that the MC even though he’s a 30+ can learn allot being a kid again.
Feb 23, 2022 5:43 AM

Jul 2021
Great episode.

Rudy praying to the pantsu was hilarious.

It was nice to see Rudy protect that little boy from those children, who he thought was too pretty.

NGL I didn't expect what happened next. The cute little boy was actually a cute little girl. Rudy did feel like shit after what he did, it was clearly visible, I liked how Paul was understanding this time and didn't just get aggressive with Rudy, he asked why he did what he did and made me understand that what he did was wrong. This seems like the best way to teach your child something, just being angry and hitting them isn't gonna solve anything.

Anyway I'm glad Rudy made a friend in this world.

This was the first episode with both OP and ED and both of them are fucking bangers.

5/5 episode.

TsutanaiFuunFeb 23, 2022 5:48 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 2, 2022 9:17 AM

Sep 2015
ALRIGHTY! Now that was some good dialogue when Rudy argued with his Father! This is where the Isekai genre truly shines!

Unlike other animes where they dumb-down the dialogues.... make them oblivious and less of a critical thinker.

But half of the time I was believing that Sylph was a girl xD

The father is even self-aware, this is good.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 17, 2022 7:13 AM

Jun 2020
I don't know the OP sounded like an ED for me sounds great though anyways, Introducing another character Sylph-iette what a nice name and a gorgeous face

Paul's getting tired from parenting I mean they both got to learn in some ways but I think that was fair at least, Oh holy relic of Roxy give me thy blessings like is that how he praises her panties like shit I've got to try one of her relics for religious purposes

Damn Rudy just stripping a man like that well even worse a girl like that I was kind of confused why he isn't taking a hint as to why Sylphiette was so uncomfortable but I'm glad they made up even so they're cute together and I hope they stay the same.
Jul 1, 2022 12:53 AM

Nov 2018
I'm not really interested in watching pedo hikkimori genius growth.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 1, 2022 3:13 PM

Oct 2021
That last part at the end was pretty funny not gonna lie. and the whole episode is pretty good. like at first I thought she was a girl and then I got confused when they say it was a boy but I was right from the beginning. and it was an interesting way to reveal that. lol
Oct 23, 2022 3:20 PM
Oct 2022
i dont like pedos .
Nov 5, 2022 2:06 PM

Mar 2010
There was prolly nothing really much to look at.. I mean they still children but then again how old really is that elf? don't htey age differently.. Anyways twas pretty jailbait episode keklolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 15, 2022 5:07 PM
Sep 2022
Nada de surpreendente...
Dec 14, 2022 6:41 PM
Dec 2021
Basically everything that was bad about the first two episodes is presented here. And is the primary reason why I dropped the show as a whole. I get the idea it's going for where it's trying to redeem Rudeus' father in some way for some reason, but it was just handled in the most repulsive way possible. Those Sylph scenes with Rudeus was so infuriating because it made the MC such an idiot as an attempt to make an obvious generic unfunny joke. And to make matters worse (SPOILERS if you care), he finds out that it's a girl by taking off her underwear. Like wtf?!

Didn't even bother watching past it because of that. Oh yeah, and the dialogue is awful along with the writing, pacing, performances, and anything else that's part of film and visual media. Terrible episode.
Dec 15, 2022 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
He's gonna grow up to be a certified heartbreaker now
But Rudy's so dense lol
Dec 29, 2022 10:13 AM
Jun 2021
I hate gay twinks this show is disgusting
Jan 1, 2023 9:41 PM
Dec 2022
I like the way they introduced sylph in this episode. New character who is sure to be interesting in the future
Jan 12, 2023 11:09 AM

Apr 2013
Paul is definitely not the greatest father, seems like he kinda struggles a bit with the role. Luckily Rudeus could make up with Sylphiette, I mean at that age that mistake is understandable. Even though we all saw it coming a mile ahead, since it happens so much in anime lol
Jan 16, 2023 4:03 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Ma, these episodes fly by so quickly.
Mar 7, 2023 7:18 PM

Jul 2009
Even though I saw that gendel reveal coming from a mile away, I still got a good chuckle at the bathroom scene. Hope Sylphiette will be a recurring character, she's cute.
Mar 28, 2023 9:53 AM
Jul 2021
Me gustó que fuera afrontando sus traumas poco a poco
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by marta_valse »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
Yesterday, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

337 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

440 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.