Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2020 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that opening....almost thought this was the wrong show. We got more storytelliing about Yuka and her character. It seems this episode continues the storyline of them being in the cold, a setting that tests their wit to survival.

When it comes down to it, environment is their biggest enemy this episode.
Dec 11, 2020 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
At first, I'd thought that I got thrown off watching a PreCure ripoff, but then again I remember, only Yuka will have thoughts like this. Welp, talk about otaku motivation.

The quest to fill 5% of the map for Yotsuya's party sure feels SUPER distant @ 4.99X%, and one by one, the players die with NO resurrection. And only the "Majiha Forever" otaku remains as the sole survivor to finish off the quest so that everyone can be resurrected once again.

If there's one character in the party I CANNOT STAND, it's Yuka and her otaku obsession, but to think that it would be the only driving force of her character, at least this weirdo personality trait of hers paid off heavily to finish the quest and save everyone from death.

As such with the Game Master's request of a Q&A, it may be kinda of a stupid question for Yuka to ask that the world they're in is the usual Isekai-esque world, but the thought of a parallel world? This exposition much less having huge implications, and a world that's in parallel with their real lives, this is pretty much a shocker (at least for Yotsuya who killed a man, both in the Isekai and real world with this assumption).

If there's anything I want from this show, it's just marketing material for people to read the manga, because it gets better after this. This entire anime is just a prologue (akin to Vinland Saga's story arcs) to why the source material is popular in the 1st place.
KANLen09Dec 12, 2020 4:33 AM
Dec 11, 2020 6:32 AM

Nov 2019
"I killed someone" Lmao you only realized that now?

But in all seriousness, that's quite fucked up.
Aside from that, this girl who saved Yuka gave me some serious Katara and Appa vibes.

I guess Yuka's fantasies with her visual novel and her love for the magical girl show weren't all for nothing. Also, kudos to the studio for making a different opening. It felt a little weird though seeing as how the previous episode ended.
Dec 11, 2020 6:35 AM
Oct 2020
Yuka is the main hero in this episode. I have to point out where there is a human side of Yuka in which she was relieved that she was not the last one to die so it was not on her if they failed. I thought this was a realistic feeling to her situation.

3 out of 4 main characters already had their big moment as heroes except for Kusue .I kind of feel pity for her as she continues to become insignificant in every quest. Though I may credit her for saving the village in early episode by evacuating the villagers but no more than that.

Yotsuya finally had his conflict in this episode. The twist of "parallel world" is quite predictable for me at least. I like Yotsyuya character as he always think beneficial options. However, as much as he wanted to think by logic compare to feeling, killing people for him was too much and I think it is reasonable for his character. At least by that you know he is not that ignorant.
Dec 11, 2020 6:35 AM
Nov 2020
This episode was a cringefest.

We all came for the edgy things(mind you, this manga originally publishes in the same magazine as Attack on Titan) and what we got was

Fucking Magical Girls.
I literally cringed at the ending sequence, and please at least wrap and trap it(If you know what "Astolfo" means.)

But, They threw the seriousness down the drain for something very much not edgy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2020 7:11 AM

Jun 2019
For the first 5 minutes, I checked the title like 5 times to make sure I'm watching the same show. But, then I was like Bruh!!
All of em' nearly died. And that was a twist at the end of the world where they got Isekai'd being a parallel world.
Dec 11, 2020 7:12 AM

Apr 2020
Okay for the first minutes of the show, I thought that "is this a joke, so this is how the show ends LOL". And even the OP is a fucking magical girls show! But actually, it was all on Yuka's mind, damn you otaku fangirl. So it's up to Yuka to finish the quest since...Shindo fell into a very cold lake and Yotsuya was siked and eaten by an earthworm. That save at the end by a sorceress NPC was really nice and smells of plot armor. Luckily for Yuka and our group, they reached 5% at the very last second and is granted another question by the Game Master...and what they revealed was very shocking.

What they're in is a parallel world. So it's pretty much the same as our Planet Earth but way more different. Even though the reveal was not impactful as I would want to be, the idea of parallel world instantly gives my mind some wonder. The parallel world of AoT, Evangelion, BNHA and every anime that ever existed could just be like Earth but more different than our version. I digressed but it's fun to think and imagine that kind of concept (existential enthusiasm? maybe so). Not I would say the same for Yotsuya though as he actually killed a human being in the virtual parallel world they're in, that's some instant regret. So that explains why their level will go down if they hurt a human being...that was very good to know.

Next week might just be a calmdown or a homecoming episode (like MajoTabi). I didn't really have good expectations coming in to this anime when it first premiered back in October. But I do admit it captivated me with its world (not the characters yuck) and seeing how they will do in their next levels will be something to see. If it does have a second season, I will actually watch it (or maybe just read the manga, why not).
raiderublazeDec 12, 2020 4:15 AM
Dec 11, 2020 7:15 AM

Nov 2019
Lol did it better than Zetsubou sensei with a full sequence op

And oh come on Yotsuya, I don't need another overreacting Shitbaru
Dec 11, 2020 7:29 AM
Oct 2016
Shattering revelation them being on a parallel earth that diverged billions of years ago. Thats something I wouldn't have expected. It did seem to point to the idea of it all being virtual and just real looking as it could be but apparently not. Everything they've done has been real. Yotsuya burned that dude alive for real. That's something hard to wrestle with in your mind after learning the truth of this parallel earth. Super tense episode I almost didn't think they'd complete the quest but luckily that magic came with her giant riding cat. Yuka for the win being the one who lasted the longest! She saves the day making it that far. Seeing delusions of that magical girl anime she likes but somehow surviving long enough for someone to help. Asking the right kind of question too wondering how real the world they're in truly is. Just shifted this whole narrative right before the finale.
Dec 11, 2020 7:32 AM
Oct 2019
Had to triple check I was actually watching the correct show, and then my brother walked in during the magical girl theme song.
The phrase 'it's not what it looks like' never seemed so desperate.
Dec 11, 2020 7:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha I didn't expect to see a fake precure opening at the beginning, we're not Sunday it can't be precure time xD
Really weird explanations at the end... especially their reactions.
Dec 11, 2020 7:39 AM

Jan 2014
Honestly had to come here to check the forms to see if I had the right episode, or was watching something completely different lol. Well played anime. Well played.

Oof that ending though, it makes sense sure, cause you could make the arguement about our world really. But still, wonder how they're gonna handle this knowledge in the final episode.
Dec 11, 2020 7:47 AM
Nov 2020
Yuka's imagination is on a whole spiritual level wtfff
Dec 11, 2020 7:53 AM
May 2014
got fooled so hard by that opening, i had to double check what show i was watching
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2020 8:17 AM

Jun 2012
cristinacke28 said:
got fooled so hard by that opening, i had to double check what show i was watching

Same, I did a double take thinking CR had the wrong episode. I skipped ahead just to be sure.
Dec 11, 2020 8:26 AM

Sep 2019
I had to skip to see if I was watching something else lmao. They always thought this world was a virtual one and the people of it were npc. They were wrong, this world is actually a parallel world. Yotsuya and the others were really shocked about the reveal. It was a good episode.
Dec 11, 2020 8:39 AM

Feb 2019
That awkward moment when the Mahou Shoujo parody is better than the actual show..

Idk why Mc is freaking out over killing those people. They had to do that to get out of their situation, also it was pretty damn apparent this wasn’t just some video game from the start...

One more episode to go, can’t say that I’ll be sad to see this one go.
Dec 11, 2020 8:39 AM
Sep 2015
The beginning can't fool me, as someone who watch magical girl, it's too shallow so I know immediately this is just a setup, gotta admire how they went as far as making a opening song though.

But I'm wondering, if he kills people for real, does it mean that he died for real too? But they've paralel lives which are near infinity, so this is what's the anime name is, he's standing on a million lives of his own lives.
Dec 11, 2020 9:27 AM
Jun 2017
Boom!!! The real twist in this series is that what they are right now is a parallel world and not a virtual one. So now lets see how they can handle the missions being given to them.
Dec 11, 2020 9:57 AM

Jun 2015
The giant cat looked so pleased and smug with itself I just couldn't help but love the episode!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 11, 2020 11:41 AM

Jan 2020
They really had me with that magical girl shit
Dec 11, 2020 12:11 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Just me who thought that giant brown worm looked like the front of a **nis? You know, the h*le of the p*nis.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Dec 11, 2020 12:11 PM
Jul 2019
Majiha Forever?????For the moment there I thought I was watching something else, it was only 4 eyes girl who is just dreaming.

In the end it was her who save the day........well, not really given that she had some help......I wonder who did the voices of those Majiha Sisters and that Magic user????

Oh, so they're the virtual and not the people in that so called virtual world.
Dec 11, 2020 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
I literally thought I was watching the wrong show lol. Well that was an interesting episode. The otaku pulled through with her weird fantasies. And now we know that it is a real world and Yotsuya has to deal with the burden that he killed a real person. One more week til the last episode!
Dec 11, 2020 1:03 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Yuusuke gave me some “Magical Girl Ore” flashbacks at the very end there 😅
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Dec 11, 2020 2:11 PM

Jan 2020
I always like when anime get creative with their endings and openings. Last week's ending was great and this week's opening was good as well. Also I love that Takehito Koyasu was voicing the demon at the beginning lmao

Dec 11, 2020 3:51 PM

Mar 2020
It was a different way to start, but luckily they managed to finish the quest with a few seconds to go. And in the end, we still had a reality check.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 11, 2020 4:02 PM

Dec 2016
Overall show is above average (animation quality and slow pace) but not gonna lie, I love trolling/sense of humor in this show like opening in this episode or ending in previous or even first episode. xD

anstar019 said:
This episode was a cringefest.

We all came for the edgy things(mind you, this manga originally publishes in the same magazine as Attack on Titan) and what we got was

Fucking Magical Girls.
I literally cringed at the ending sequence, and please at least wrap and trap it (If you know what "Astolfo" means.)

But, They threw the seriousness down the drain for something very much not edgy.

Are you sure this Magical Girls show wasn't edgy? I mean if what Majiha Purple said is true through entire series about 2-3 Majiha Pinks (MCs) died and were replaced by new girl.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 11, 2020 4:03 PM

Apr 2016
A very bad episode, I didn’t like it at all.
Dec 11, 2020 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't understand anything at first, I thought I was watching another anime.

Dec 11, 2020 4:12 PM

Apr 2008
Everyone focusing on the beginning instead of the ending that resolved things with a sudden lady on a giant cat with magical powers well beyond anything we've seen in the setting. Even if we accept the game master is contriving things, which gets harder if this is just some other world, that's a pretty shit way to end a plot.

Speaking of the parallel worlds, that's a real iffy way to explain magic. You're saying commanding the wind is an evolutionary thing that could happen in a universe with the same physical laws?
Dec 11, 2020 6:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow. That first couple minutes of these episode, its looks like an April fools prank episode. But this is not April. So, yeah, thats kinda make me confused like 3 times in a row. Lmao. Seriously, i don't read the manga, but using this kind of method to show the characterization was a new method at my understanding, and the studio take the chance very perfectly to put a certain peoples in wrath, especially me. So, yeah, its really kinda caught off my guard a bit.

Well, left aside the method that somehow stretching too much, this is a good episode actually. The majiha magical girl was not a useless girl anymore. She was kinda shine at these episode, continuing her nice contribution at the soldier burning part. By using her strong effort, her determination to be a certain character she liked, she overcome the crisis. Also, thanks for that coincidence meeting too, that somehow revealed the real deal of the world, its really a nice episode.

Poor Yotsuya after realizing that shit. I wonder if he will change after knowing his action at the parallel world. It must be fucked up his mind so much. Thanks for that question, Yuka, its really helped a lot, to revealed the true nature of 'their' game. Your contribution was so big, i wonder why she put the effort to threw the question. She wanted to punish Yotsuya after dumped her? Or to make him realized the real situations of the world? Now, for the next question, or more importantly for their next quest act, what shall they do?

If only these show have a chance to be a two cours. It must be good. But, alas, another reason for the studio to take these one season only, as an excuse to make people go to the manga for the continuity. Lets hope its not happening on these one. Still, the chance is still low af, so, better to keep the hope in a low course.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 11, 2020 8:44 PM

Dec 2015
Well I'll give the studio 5 for trying, but damn everything they've improvised so far just make things worse.
Dec 11, 2020 8:55 PM

Mar 2020
I seriously thought I clicked on the wrong show because of the opening scene xD. I was like "Wait wha...what is this??"
Dec 12, 2020 12:48 AM
Jun 2019
I don't know why i cried in this episode man!
I loved this episode! I knew this anime had something deeper to it's story...
I know it's going to be an unpopular opinion but, I prefer this anime's story line better than Jujutsu Kaisen.. I know its not an even comparison, but honestly, for me Jujutsu Kaisen is just another action, Shonen, fighting story with good animation and soundtrack, and that's it.. The storyline so far did not attract me enough to eagerly anticipating what's next on next week's episode.. If you got what I mean.
Dec 12, 2020 2:53 AM
Apr 2019
At least we'll get ch 12 as an ending(I hope, pls studio, stop your filler creativity). If it done correctly, that single eps could made this season so much better. They could animate ch 13 actually, if they're not this creative with the filler. It'll be even better but whatever. Glad that this eps isn't a magical girl filler eps. The pacing is kinda off tho, the explanation about the world is also felt rushed, but whatever..
Dec 12, 2020 6:55 AM

Aug 2018
I swear it, I had to skip fast to minute 6 where we could see it was indeed the 11th episode... weird beginning, weird ending too.

And honestly I find the plot twist interesting but fuck the magical girls stuff, it just prevented me from feeling Yotsuya's emotions after this revelation.
Dec 12, 2020 9:29 AM

Jul 2020
Ok so I thought they were gonna go way off from the manga. Turns out not. The same god damn straight from the deepest part of my ass asspull ending. Literally a girl came from naniland on a tiger, that can also fly, and then saved them. Those are my thoughts on the episode.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Dec 12, 2020 11:12 AM

Sep 2007
As corny as it was...I'm actually slightly interested in the characters of Magica Sisters now thanks to that opening sequence -which was obviously a troll.*COUGH* er...I mean......

Wow though that Yotsuya at end though (Props to Yuka asking a good question even though they didn't discuss beforehand what should they ask after completing the quest)....Is he going to mentally breakdown now because "omg I killed a real person"
I'm guessing the last episode is Yotsuya-centric and it will go into detail about why his mindset/personality is the way it is (since everyone else had an episode that focused on themselves, respectively speaking). And he'll either struggle to come to terms on what he did or....well...not?

And though I wouldn't mind a Yostsuya-centric episode...dangit I need more seasons of this anime already, it was just getting good (imo).
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 12, 2020 2:50 PM
Sep 2014
It's no masterpiece, but it's easily the most under-rated anime of the seasons, characters et story are not generics and it's quiet interresting. It doesn't deserve 6.20 on mal comparing to other shows here
Dec 12, 2020 9:24 PM

Oct 2016
They really went full on with that Majiha Girls intro lmao, I honestly really liked that, it was creative. Good episode, the "virtual world" is real but it's a parallel world, interesting. That means Yotsuya pretty much brutally murdered real people... not that they don't deserve it. Who was that cat lady though, she was interesting.
Dec 13, 2020 4:32 AM

May 2012
its like Katara just popped in to say hello
Dec 13, 2020 1:46 PM

Mar 2010
Lolz they are virtual the tables have been turned.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 13, 2020 6:06 PM

Jan 2013
perfect anime to summarize 2020.
Dec 14, 2020 3:42 AM

Oct 2008
i was a bit surprised of the Mahou Shoujo theme at the first part of this episode!
last part with the parallel world info dump was a bit hype!
but Yotsuya has a bit of guilt because of the killings he has done!
5/5.

Dec 15, 2020 5:55 AM
Nov 2018
Talk about Deus ex Machina. They only succeed because a super powerful character we have never seen before, who has no connection to them, comes and saves them. That's not how you write a story. They could for example have been saved by people who help them because they rescued some prisoners and killed some soldiers.

It's ridiculous that he wouldn't know he was in a real world. "All of this is computer made." Who would think that when you walk around in this world for months, and meet people who obviously act alive at all times? Who could look them in the eye and say they don't exist? "It's a computer program!" That idiocy is far less likely than the fact that the completely obviously alive people are, you know, alive. Along with the plants, smells, monsters and animals. What exactly in this world looked computer made? Nothing.

"Just wait for the shock!" the writers crow by their desk. Yeah, real good job.

Also, a girl obsessed with games and TV shows even while she is transported to another world and fighting for her life for months - ridiculous.
Dec 18, 2020 7:54 AM

Oct 2017
XD that OP song got me, thought I was watching the wrong anime.

So this world is indeed real amd the people dead were real people. Now Yotsuya my man don't chicken out. You are the one good thing in this anime.
Dec 18, 2020 7:01 PM
Dec 2020
Who is the voice actor for the demon king in the beginning? I feel like ive heard his voice in every anime
Dec 19, 2020 10:45 AM

Nov 2013
lol while i was also confused by the opening, i remembered the majiha purple story from another episode before i needed to check ahead...

that being said, that start almost made me want to drop every seasonal from next season and go speed-run all the precure anime hahaha
but it's not like i can do that, since next season has at least 6/7 sequels i "need" to watch, as well as a few others that already caught my attention (hopefully not 25+ anime like this season tho. so i can at least watch something older that has been in my ptw for years lmao)

anyway, this was an interesting episode too, using that anime and that game as what makes Yuuka, the last hero alive, to continue the quest
that being said (again), she was hallucinating for so long that when the other girl appeared, there were only 3 minutes left and they actually went fast enough geez talk about luck

was kinda sad to see how Shindo was all motivated and then out of nowhere she fell into the ice... or Hakuzaki screaming at her body, at least it had a slight fanservice lol
those stupid worms tho, stop that disgusting behavior :v

the last part was quite interesting, this is just a different earth but everything is real
"oh no, i killed someone" it's not like he was forced to do it to save himself, as well as others (the other 3 heroes, the 3 prisoners' and even Kahvel and her soldiers)

it also reminded me of re:zero
spoiler for season 2 part 2 of re:zero

winddevil1Dec 19, 2020 11:01 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 19, 2020 7:55 PM
Mar 2020
Ant-Senpai said:
Who is the voice actor for the demon king in the beginning? I feel like ive heard his voice in every anime

pretty sure it was takehito koyasu. yes he does have a pretty distinct voice.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» A few questions about the series.

RudeRedis - Feb 9

16 by YuusukeYotsuya »»
Feb 10, 2:24 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

84 by Fatihjalaludin86 »»
Jan 30, 5:02 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.