Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2020 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
Well, it's fine for a rushe ending.
Maybe the second part could be better, but this ruins a lot of potential good arcs.
Read Fire Punch, that's much better
Dec 13, 2020 8:51 AM
Mar 2020
Great conclusion to the first part. Looking forward to Part 2

10/10

Can't wait for the anime to come out
Dec 13, 2020 8:59 AM

May 2007
I liked it as an ending (probably more than I will part 2 honestly)

If MAL sets it to complete I will give it a 8 out of 10.

Or they could do like Genshiken and do it wrong.
My anime list
Dec 13, 2020 9:02 AM
May 2020
I'm dying inside for more but thank god a part 2 is coming soon. Here's my review on it.
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=367748
Dec 13, 2020 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
Part one ended up being a pretty fun read imo. Loved the dark humor and they even decided to throw food into this chapter.

To be honest, this might be among my favorite manga in recent years and highly looking forward to the anime adaptation by MAPPA. 8/10. Bring on part 2!
Dec 13, 2020 9:20 AM
May 2020
What a Great manga
Dec 13, 2020 10:24 AM

Dec 2019
Fujimoto did such a good job with this one! The foreshadowing with Makima and Pochita was done great. It was so planned all along and I love it. very excited for part 2 and anime. good luck MAPPA. 9/10
Dec 13, 2020 10:26 AM
Jul 2020
lukeba said:
Whoa! What a ride!

Sushi, sashimi, extreme juice! lol
And what's the last dish that looks like a Nest Bird dish?

I'm pretty sure that's Makima's hair.
Dec 13, 2020 10:59 AM

Jun 2013
That was a crazy ride.
Dec 13, 2020 11:04 AM
Oct 2010
6/10 is pretty much the series.
Dec 13, 2020 11:09 AM
Aug 2019
Is this the last chapter ?
Dec 13, 2020 12:13 PM
Apr 2011
animegod2002 said:
Is this the last chapter ?

For Part 1. Part 2 is gonna be montly jump plus.
Dec 13, 2020 12:54 PM

Nov 2018
If this were the ending point forever. Easy 10/10, but for now since it will continue I'll give it it's deserved 9/10. Amazing.
Dec 13, 2020 1:05 PM

Apr 2019
So this is only part 1?? And Denji is now in high school? Part 2 will probably be, if not less crazy, more crazy than part 1. And I'm all for it.

I like the idea of Denji having to take care of the new control devil, Nayuta.
Really looking forward to part 2.
Dec 13, 2020 1:06 PM

Feb 2015
Who would've thought that Chainsaw Man could come from the same fucked up head that gave us the shit show that was Fire Punch.

PS: For every one that doesn't seem to understand, Makima is DEAD, devils on the other hand don't really die, they just go to Hell when they "die", then reencarnate when they get killed in Hell as well, unless they are devoured by Chainsaw Man, which Denji isn't.

Makima = Control Devil
Nayuta = Control Devil
Makima =/ Nayuta
SteelingMaxDec 13, 2020 1:11 PM

Dec 13, 2020 1:32 PM

Sep 2011
This was so much fucking better than fire punch, lot better comedy, knew how to balance the edge so that it was mostly effective (lack of rape every 2 seconds helped), and the characters felt like less hopeless piles of evil so its easier to get attached,

So hopefully part 2 doesn't offset anything, honestly not sure what id really want from a sequel, i guess im looking foreword to Denji maybe meeting power again even though it'd be a different person, but really i thought this ending was tight and dont really want more.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 13, 2020 1:49 PM

Oct 2019
This was a fun manga. I’d rate this a 9/10. I cannot wait for the anime adaptation and Part 2.

Now on to Fire Punch...
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Dec 13, 2020 1:56 PM

May 2020
Firemanlier said:
lukeba said:
Whoa! What a ride!

Sushi, sashimi, extreme juice! lol
And what's the last dish that looks like a Nest Bird dish?

I'm pretty sure that's Makima's hair.

Ohh! Makes sense. Fancy dish with a little bit of spicy shampoo.
Dec 13, 2020 3:59 PM

Feb 2010
Denji eating great now compared to the start of the series.
Dec 13, 2020 5:49 PM

Apr 2018
That was a very wholesome ending for a fucked up manga, liked it. 9/10

I hope part 2 will be as good as part 1 if not better, and lol at the fact that denji/chainsawman only saves women xD. And yeah nayuto is cute af.
Dec 13, 2020 8:56 PM

Jan 2011
I just heard the rumour about the part 2 last night when I read the previous chapter. The ending was sudden, but I liked it, and I wouldn't have minded too much if that was the last of it. Can't wait to see where it goes next though. Debating whether to leave this a 9 or bump it up to a 10.

Also nice callback to that oneshot he did.
Dec 14, 2020 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
Perfect finale. One of best shounen manga I've ever read. Looking forward to Part 2 :D
Dec 14, 2020 2:53 AM

Dec 2009
Kinda weak ending, i feel pretty similar to Fire Punch. It's still a great ride and i'm looking forward to what's next.
Dec 14, 2020 6:27 AM
Sep 2018
Monty3610 said:
So this is only part 1?? And Denji is now in high school? Part 2 will probably be, if not less crazy, more crazy than part 1. And I'm all for it.

I like the idea of Denji having to take care of the new control devil, Nayuta.
Really looking forward to part 2.

Considering that they had to transfer it to Shonen Jump+ which is for Seinen manga, then yes it's probably gonna be a lot crazier than this. Chainsaw Man was still a Shonen, so there's probably some limit to what Fujimoto wanted to show. Now that part 2 is a Seinen, expect some crazy gore scenes
Dec 14, 2020 7:20 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
TBH, I dont care for spoilers, since I really dunno anything else from this series, other than the favorite girl, Power, which has a reason I wanted to jump in, died in a very unexpected way... is she still dead?

Dec 14, 2020 7:57 AM

May 2020
Makima - such variety much wow...Love seeing bits of Pochita and Denji I will miss you till the sequel, doggy!
Dec 14, 2020 9:29 AM
May 2017
Playcool said:
TBH, I dont care for spoilers, since I really dunno anything else from this series, other than the favorite girl, Power, which has a reason I wanted to jump in, died in a very unexpected way... is she still dead?

demons don't "die" die. if they die on earth they go back to hell, and if they die in hell they go to earth. they lose their memories, tho. so yea, the blood demon went back to hell, so Power is "dead".
Dec 14, 2020 10:04 AM

Jan 2019
i just like wholesome family manga with Chainsaw boy and new makima child
Dec 15, 2020 8:36 AM

Feb 2017
Nice mid-end to a cool series. Looking forward to part next year.
Dec 15, 2020 5:41 PM
Nov 2019
Interesting ending, I'm curious how part 2 will go. I guess we'll have family man Denji and all his dogs. The anime announcement has me so hyped!!!
Dec 17, 2020 12:54 PM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
Awesome manga! It was definitely worth to wait for the whole thing to end:) Now it will be paaaaainful waiting for part 2. Hope to see more Power and Denji moments, I don't know but... I would say that if they met again and stayed with each other longer, they could make some real and wholesome couple. Not with forced relationship but a healthy one with tenderness;) If not- they are still awesome buddies :D
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Dec 18, 2020 10:38 PM

Dec 2015
I absolutely hate reincarnation endings with a burning passion. Always have. No exception in this case. It's such an unrealistic and unbelievable resolution to a character. You talk about lazy... Rather than trying to redeem someone, you just kill them off and replace them with a different version of the person? That isn't redemption, rather it's dodging any attempt to do so. No one can relate to that. It's just make believe. And, I'm not saying that from a perspective of narrative realism, since obviously nothing in anime/manga is really meant to be fully realistic, but the actual meat of the matter (intended) is lost with this type of resolution.

Speaking of narrative though, the explanation, or lack thereof also wasn't satisfying at all. It's essentially just an admission that the author wrote themselves into a corner to the point of needing to just force what he wanted through vague unknowns. Obviously, the author could of went any way to go about the ending, but ugh, do I not enjoy it. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But, it's not like there was any way the author could please everyone, which should go without saying, honestly. So, don't take my discontent with the ending as some sort of call to arms or something absurd like that.

With that said, for my own personal hope, my desire was for a resolution to be thought of that could defeat Makima's fault in perspective, an ideological or perspective victory. Something like that would have been needed to lead to a resolution via (actual) redemption. I can only imagine the author either couldn't come up with that or that he just doesn't believe Makima was redeemable or that he just wanted a new character to work with or something else. Regardless, I'm not a fan of that type of resolution.

Although, I was much more bothered by it in
But, regardless, it still comes off as the author giving up on a character I would of really liked to see actually redeemed rather than this fake reincarnation resolution BS. It just comes off as dodging the actual bullet of resolving her fault/struggle, something that takes truly hard work and heart, and just replacing them with an imitation. Which, yeah, the new character is her own person, and I'm sure she will be interesting and all, but that isn't a 1 to 1 exchange. Characters don't work like that, nor do people for that matter, but I digress.

For all intents and purposes, the actual Makima is dead, and we are forced to deal with someone new taking her place, and are expected to love her for it, or something, I presume. But, no, she will never replace Makima, and I will never endorse this kind of resolution. I will instead see this character as her own thing, and judge her completely by what she shows going forward. So, if she just ends up as someone with vague connections to Makima as her big character draw, that would just be pathetic to me. Another annoying thing is Denji thinking he became one with Makima or some BS; ugh, just accept that you killed the person you loved instead of lying to yourself. This self deception cope is so irritating to me, especially combined with this new character. It just is the tools given to Denji to not fully accept the reality of his own actions. He literally is lying to himself to deal with offing someone he loved, which to me, is messed up, even if you (the reader) didn't personally like Makima at all, it's a dumb immature way to deal with the acceptance of your (Denji's) actions.

While I said before I'm sure many aren't going to be happy with this ending, I'm also sure many will be happy with this ending too, and that's fine. It's a matter of perspective and focus which is true for just about all things with us humans. But, that of course goes all ways, and so I too will be open and honest of where I stand with this type of story resolution. As I said at the start, never could get on board with reincarnation resolutions. If it turns out I'm wrong and "Makima" ends up being this character all along through some other vague reasoning, and that this is actually an engine to resolve Makima's perspective fault through, and that the justification is that Denji, at this point in time, just isn't mentally equipped to do that, then, okay, I'll eat my words then and there. But, I'm like, 99.99% sure that it's more akin to what I was complaining about.

I still enjoyed the series overall, even though I hated the ending. Going forward, I'm just going to have a distinct bitterness in the back of my throat seeing this new character going forward, as it will remind me of the dumb reincarnation ending the author chose to go with. Oh, and, um, Power fans, looks like your hopes of Power coming back are now burned away forever. Expect another cheap imitation like Nayuta if anything. For those of you who will not self deceive themselves, well, we can suffer together and be better for it. Was fun following things with you all. Have a heart warming Christmas if you are celebrating it or some other seasonal celebration. Even if you aren't celebrating anything though, I still hope you have a good end of the year. Cheers.
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
Dec 20, 2020 12:29 AM
May 2020
Never in my life have I have been hyped up by a manga, then again I’m only picking it up until recently. When this gets animated, it’ll definitely get attention and will knock your socks off. Everything leading up to this point is amazing and Makima has a new name “Nayuta”. The action, and details on certain panels definitely had me going for a bit. Also, RIP to all the characters along the way, their lives weren’t in vain and will be re-paid BY BLOOD!! Can’t wait for part 2 of the manga and the anime which will get picked up by MAPPA!
Dec 20, 2020 3:53 AM
Apr 2013
There is going to be a chapter 98 (arc 2) in probably about less than a year because author needs to oversee the anime soon, why do I see everywhere that chapter 97 is the END of the series ? its just a HIATUS for the love of god, this makes me exasperated, even MAL marked the series as Completed
Dec 22, 2020 2:24 AM

Dec 2017
never have I felt this satisfied
Dec 23, 2020 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
@Info-Chan
Maybe just try to be imaginative and think it's all a metaphor
Dec 24, 2020 3:51 AM

Dec 2015
@-II
I love you and hate you both at the same time for this, lmao. Hope you're having a good end of the year / potential holiday you are celebrating. (´⌣`ʃƪ)♥

(Low key, if Power would of just handed him over to Makima a few chapters ago, we would be down 1 Denji but up 2 waifus + probably everyone Makima resurrected. Starting to think the author was aware of this and thus why he ended the chapter with Power actually doing it, but continuing the following chapter with that omitted. In his heart of hearts, perhaps he truly wanted to sacrifice his stand in to keep the girls going, and wanted to do that for those who'd prefer that. Perhaps one could even look at it as a divergence of parallels worlds. Doujin gods, please deliver...)
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
Dec 24, 2020 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Info-Chan said:
@-II
I love you and hate you both at the same time for this, lmao. Hope you're having a good end of the year / potential holiday you are celebrating. (´⌣`ʃƪ)♥

Hehe, glad you like it! Same to you though, enjoy the holidays and the new year. :)

I think the girls are down, but not permanently. I'd expect Nayuta(/Makima) to recall her memories or maybe even Blood Devil(Power), it's just going to take time.
Dec 24, 2020 9:57 AM

Dec 2020
Info-Chan said:
I absolutely hate reincarnation endings with a burning passion. Always have. No exception in this case. It's such an unrealistic and unbelievable resolution to a character. You talk about lazy... Rather than trying to redeem someone, you just kill them off and replace them with a different version of the person? That isn't redemption, rather it's dodging any attempt to do so. No one can relate to that. It's just make believe. And, I'm not saying that from a perspective of narrative realism, since obviously nothing in anime/manga is really meant to be fully realistic, but the actual meat of the matter (intended) is lost with this type of resolution.

Speaking of narrative though, the explanation, or lack thereof also wasn't satisfying at all. It's essentially just an admission that the author wrote themselves into a corner to the point of needing to just force what he wanted through vague unknowns. Obviously, the author could of went any way to go about the ending, but ugh, do I not enjoy it. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But, it's not like there was any way the author could please everyone, which should go without saying, honestly. So, don't take my discontent with the ending as some sort of call to arms or something absurd like that.

With that said, for my own personal hope, my desire was for a resolution to be thought of that could defeat Makima's fault in perspective, an ideological or perspective victory. Something like that would have been needed to lead to a resolution via (actual) redemption. I can only imagine the author either couldn't come up with that or that he just doesn't believe Makima was redeemable or that he just wanted a new character to work with or something else. Regardless, I'm not a fan of that type of resolution.

But, regardless, it still comes off as the author giving up on a character I would of really liked to see actually redeemed rather than this fake reincarnation resolution BS. It just comes off as dodging the actual bullet of resolving her fault/struggle, something that takes truly hard work and heart, and just replacing them with an imitation. Which, yeah, the new character is her own person, and I'm sure she will be interesting and all, but that isn't a 1 to 1 exchange. Characters don't work like that, nor do people for that matter, but I digress.

For all intents and purposes, the actual Makima is dead, and we are forced to deal with someone new taking her place, and are expected to love her for it, or something, I presume. But, no, she will never replace Makima, and I will never endorse this kind of resolution. I will instead see this character as her own thing, and judge her completely by what she shows going forward. So, if she just ends up as someone with vague connections to Makima as her big character draw, that would just be pathetic to me. Another annoying thing is Denji thinking he became one with Makima or some BS; ugh, just accept that you killed the person you loved instead of lying to yourself. This self deception cope is so irritating to me, especially combined with this new character. It just is the tools given to Denji to not fully accept the reality of his own actions. He literally is lying to himself to deal with offing someone he loved, which to me, is messed up, even if you (the reader) didn't personally like Makima at all, it's a dumb immature way to deal with the acceptance of your (Denji's) actions.

While I said before I'm sure many aren't going to be happy with this ending, I'm also sure many will be happy with this ending too, and that's fine. It's a matter of perspective and focus which is true for just about all things with us humans. But, that of course goes all ways, and so I too will be open and honest of where I stand with this type of story resolution. As I said at the start, never could get on board with reincarnation resolutions. If it turns out I'm wrong and "Makima" ends up being this character all along through some other vague reasoning, and that this is actually an engine to resolve Makima's perspective fault through, and that the justification is that Denji, at this point in time, just isn't mentally equipped to do that, then, okay, I'll eat my words then and there. But, I'm like, 99.99% sure that it's more akin to what I was complaining about.

I still enjoyed the series overall, even though I hated the ending. Going forward, I'm just going to have a distinct bitterness in the back of my throat seeing this new character going forward, as it will remind me of the dumb reincarnation ending the author chose to go with. Oh, and, um, Power fans, looks like your hopes of Power coming back are now burned away forever. Expect another cheap imitation like Nayuta if anything. For those of you who will not self deceive themselves, well, we can suffer together and be better for it. Was fun following things with you all. Have a heart warming Christmas if you are celebrating it or some other seasonal celebration. Even if you aren't celebrating anything though, I still hope you have a good end of the year. Cheers.

Interesting point of view though. I'm going to be honest that I'm not going to be surprised if Fuji decided to pull Luna/Judah shenanigans for Chainsaw Man and I have a feeling that Lun... I mean Nayuta will regain her memories back as Jud... I mean Makima and then gain her true resolution in Part 2 lol.
Dec 25, 2020 10:28 PM

Apr 2013
That was a wild ride. Glad I read it within a couple of days as every chapter made me eager for more and my expectations were subverted almost every time. The ending, while maybe not the banger I was expecting, was still satisfying and shows decent character progression from Denji. Art was solid, characters were enjoyable, and the slice of life/calmer moments made the story that much better.

9/1010/10 (score change after reread) for part 1, I’m curious how MAPPA puts this to screen and what part 2 will bring in terms of developments. Is Denji going to hell to bring back Power? Is Denji going to face the other Primal Fears devils? Who knows what Fujimoto will do next..
KneelBeforeMeMay 22, 2021 12:54 PM
Dec 26, 2020 10:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well it was pretty good, especially for its characters, I'm looking forward to reading part 2
Dec 27, 2020 6:42 AM

Apr 2016
Good ending, I’m curious to see what will happen now.
Dec 27, 2020 11:14 AM

May 2019
Great shonen, one of the best ive seem.

What was not perfect:

- the plot after the "return of complete Chainsaw devil" become rushed. The great revelation of what he is was become too fast, too short, and not clear about why is he like that and how it become a little devil dog, BUT sure all this material is something that can be explored in the continuation. Maybe it become unclear on purpose.

- the powers of Makima was too much asspulled. Neither the author know exactly what she can do by using other devils in a extreme OP way, that is why the battle aggainst the american Gun Devil was offscreen. There are no rules, just convenience, and then she was defeated by single chainsaw hit, lol.

- Also, what happened with the other parts of Gun Devil, it become useless after the population lose the fear of it? How it made a contract with Aki? Was forced to it by Makima?

- several moments of the story was nonsense if you read again knowing Makima intentions. For example the plot of the Yakuza attack, that was presented as something to Makima gain power... No shit, even before she already had ALL the power in Japan, all, so what was the meaning of that?

The plot was well made and all that flaws could be easily solved by one page more of explanations in certain chapters, but maybe it is asking too much from a common author who just wanted to make a FUN crazy shonen, not a Tolkien work.

That is why it deserves a big fat 10/10. In comparation with other shonen stupid brothers, Chainsaw man is gold.
Rob7Dec 27, 2020 11:22 AM
Jan 2, 2021 9:16 PM
Aug 2019
This manga was a rollercoaster and now it's time to get off. I reread this because last year it was only up to chapter 40 and I wanted to savor every chapter. I'm still hurting over Aki's death though but pochita is such a good boi and Denji is a good boy too so they both deserve each other. What a wholesome ending! Everyone needs a hug sometimes
Jan 25, 2021 5:14 PM

Aug 2020
damn. that whole thing was just the whole "public safety arc". That was depressing. I reckon in the next part we won't get any of the old characters except for Kisihibe or maybe Kobeni.
Jan 25, 2021 9:09 PM

Oct 2013
Hahaah decepcionados por qué? Existe TG si quieren lo que reclaman. Para mí es:
9/10. 👊
Jan 29, 2021 5:26 AM

Jul 2012
Info-Chan said:

While I understand your point of view regarding this sort of plot devices and how they are executed, I can't help but see this series as completely justified in having used these elements when they have introduced such concepts as possibilities ever since chapter one and built upon them progressively until the story reached that point (even because this ending is thematically fitting in a pretty metafictional way, like Fire Punch also was, though up to eleven, specially in terms of "uniqueness" even compared to this).

Whether you appreciate that kind of content resolution or not, I'd say it truly was very well thought out, foreshadowed and entirely, positively compromised within the worldbuilding, presentation and narrative nuances on themselves since the beginning, and for that, the author have my kudos for consistency and storytelling prowess.

8+/10 overall to me, really looking forward to the next part.
Feb 1, 2021 9:56 PM

Nov 2012
Idk how influenced by Zetman CSM was...but considering how both end like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tatsuki Fujimoto just never intends to make Part 2 (just like Zetman's author), I certainly don't think it needs a part 2, CSM's story is concluded already.
Feb 2, 2021 1:33 AM
Jun 2016
Chainsaw Man thanks for the Hell Arc Ride fabulous. Makima>Power Woof Woof.
Feb 2, 2021 7:31 AM
Feb 2020
Part 2 is going to transition from the best modern shonen manga to the best modern slice of life manga.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 163 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Apr 23

47 by Tamer2002 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 162 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 9

43 by FutureHendrix »»
Apr 22, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Oct 25, 2019

52 by Hasanzade_S »»
Apr 21, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2020

34 by Elijah0121 »»
Apr 20, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Dec 20, 2019

74 by Virtecek »»
Apr 18, 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.