Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2020 7:02 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Iska vs. Salinger and Nameless vs. Alice (all for Salinger's advantage). What a powerhouse battle for a Kirito rip-off OP, nothing fazes Iska.

Well, what power to take down a superhuman Astral spirit for an enemy, and likewise for a large-scale battle. Rin helping Iska and getting saved by Rin instead, karma really comes back to bite her words. A temporary truce from the enemy sees the end of the whole farce.

At least Nameless and Risya have done their part for the Empire to spy on the Sovereignty with Unit N07, that should keep the Great Elders satisfied for a while before their next big plan.

All things that ends well from whence it came: Unit N07's return back to the Empire in one piece (and Captain Mismis's mindless rumbling with her Astral spirit on her shoulder), and Rin's change of heart towards Iska is all but a small step of closer improvement. Still thinking of each other in the aftermath, aging like mediocre wine.

Pink-haired witch alert...just great. The one whom Iska saved before...what is their fate, and how will this create a divide between him and Alice?
KANLen09Dec 2, 2020 7:22 AM
Dec 2, 2020 7:03 AM

Feb 2019
Damn loved that fight between Salinger and Iska. Salinger was definitely shook. I’m sure we’ll see more of him later on.

The nameless assassin twist was a cool surprise, I didn’t think there would be multiple ones. And then that reveal at the end of the ep, so the girl Iska saved is Alice’s little sister. Damn, that’s gonna be a fun harem dynamic going forward. Great ep as usual.
Dec 2, 2020 7:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's pretty good to see Rin slowly starting to like Iska xD but I really want to see what will happen with the little sister now, she definitely seems interesting
Dec 2, 2020 7:17 AM
Oct 2016
Closing this infiltration arc with some unfinished business. Salinger slithered away like the snake he is, not really having s solid conclusion to his fight against Iska. Probably won't happen this season but I'm guessing later on in the story overall they'll face off again. We also didn't quite get the Iska x Alice team up like before. They almost did but Alice instead fought off Nameless, who wasn't really him, and comforted Rin while Iska faced Salinger alone. Those swords Iska has are super badass. I'm still hoping we get some backstory about Iska with his master who gave him those swords and trained him. This was probably the most frustrating arc so far but it ended well enough with Iska striking up that deal with Rin and declaring himself formally Alive rival. The last arc of the season looks to connect back with the girl we saw Iska save from execution in the very first episode.
Dec 2, 2020 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
The fight felt pretty underwhelming tbh. Other than Iska keeping his promise, I didn't sense anything memorable about it and even with the stakes, I couldn't get invested into either character. Salinger feels like a disposable character with no development at all. What a waste.

There's only a few more episodes left and at this rate, I don't see it improve much more. Perhaps they can take time to develop into Alice and Iska's relationship in this show.
Dec 2, 2020 8:04 AM

Oct 2017
Putting everything aside, woah!!! The girl Iska saved was Alice's little sister? Now that was a surprise.
Dec 2, 2020 8:08 AM

Nov 2016
Man, the dialogue seriously becomes awkward during the tenser action sequences, in particular when Salinger praised Iska. Never had high expecations, but lol, a tiny bit more finesse can be expected.

On the brighter side of things, the respective interal monologue of Iska and Alice with the hint of tsun was cute. Not really looking forward to the potenial rivalry with the little sister, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 2, 2020 8:13 AM

May 2014
I mean, it was a fight scene episode. *shrug* Not much to say here.

But it should again be noted how awkward the dialogue is. The characters pointlessly explaining things mid-combat and delivering generic threats about defeating each other. Though that is pretty normal for anime, I guess.
Dec 2, 2020 8:18 AM
Aug 2018
hopefully this doesn't go the shitty harem route, that would be a huge letdown. decent episode though
Dec 2, 2020 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode on the whole, enjoyed the fight sequences.
I'm curious on what happened to Salinger, he just fell down the chasm, what next?

Alice and Iska thinking of each of other at the end was very cute.

To be honest, I really hope the sister doesn't add too many harem tropes.

FMmatron said:
Man, the dialogue seriously becomes awkward during the tenser action sequences, in particular when Salinger praised Iska. Never had high expecations, but lol, a tiny bit more finesse can be expected.

Yeah, +1. Salinger's dialogue felt lacking and kind of overly tropey.

Dec 2, 2020 9:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that we finally get to see Sisbell make her appearance after appearing in the first ep. As expected Salinger has quite the array of spells. So Nameless's entry was also part of the empire's plan it seems. Still Salinger's goal was quite the unexpected one to combine humans and astral spirits huh. Still his ability to combine spirits as well as Iska's own innate abilities sure served to make their fight an interesting affair. Alice's entry into the battle sure was timely and enabled the quick resolution of that battle. Despite the setback posed by Salingers defeat looks like the empire still has plenty of plans ip their sleeve. Its amusing how similar Iska and Alice are in using each other as an excuse for being tired though. Behind the happiness that both Alice and Iska display though looks like a future rival for Alice will soon appear in the form of Sisbell who Iska saved back then. Overall an excellent ep that balanced out action with lore expansion via Salinger and Sisbell's formal introduction as well. Though Salinger was beaten back i fear the empire has more plans in store for Alice and her people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2020 9:44 AM

Apr 2020
Finally a good episode of Kimisen in a long while. We have Iska vs Salinger fight, and I will say it was very good if it wasn't for that unnecessary dialogue and info exchanges that brought the tension down. Rin was cute and a good support as well, kinda made up for her weak, pandering stance last episode.

There's also that Alice and Nameless fight, which was not that memorable, even for a filler. Anyways good fight and some serious background art for the first half, but Salinger retreated and is back in the shadows (aww that sucks). Iska and the squad is going back to the Empire, Risya is in that Nameless suit all along and Alice is proud at our kawaii maid Rin.

I also can't believe that Sisbell was the witch that Iska saved in the past, I didn't realize that fact, that caught me off guard. Next week...who knows.
Dec 2, 2020 9:45 AM
May 2020
I really want to know how the story will move forward
Dec 2, 2020 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Once Alice realizes that Iska saved her sister, the "Rival" nonsense will 100% turn into love...even though it's still there. I'm surprised Rin actually used Iska's name on the battlefield that was actually surprising.

Risya is pissing me off.

A decent episode overall. I think some shit will go down with Iska and the Empire and then Alice will have to help him.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 2, 2020 10:22 AM

Jun 2020
Salinger is such a lackluster villain that I'm just praying for this show to end already, I don't want to see some shitty sibling spat over Iska either
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 2, 2020 10:23 AM

Sep 2019
I can see the incoming harem from miles away.
Dec 2, 2020 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode today. Iska vs Salinger was a pretty good animated fight.

Looks like Iska is going to save or meet the chick he saved 1 year ago next episode.
Dec 2, 2020 1:37 PM

Mar 2020
I was all for the soundtrack this episode, didn't care about really anything else.

Well, Sisbell is Alice's sister, pretty obvious not gonna lie. She also wants to see Iska again, well maybe she also has a deep connection with Iska and might just end up meeting him.

Harem...maybe?

OK episode :)

Dec 2, 2020 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
The most interesting bit of the episode is that Alice's sister was freed from prison by Iska. Now that's the better rivalry I would look forward to. Alice & Sisbell fighting over Iska. Can we add Rin to this list as well? She's already praising Iska. It's a step.

Salinger looked pretty dope, but he was quite a let down in the end, eventho this probably won't be the last time we see him.
Dec 2, 2020 2:35 PM

Jun 2017
Did Salinger just go back to his cell? What? Or did he escape? lol

Looking forward to adding that sister to the harem, technically she has first dibs so the catfight should be interesting with Alice.
Dec 2, 2020 2:44 PM

Jul 2020
The way they just left the fight like that was kinda disappointing, but the appearance of the girl Iska saved in the past is interesting.

Fight scene overall was alright, nice to see that Rin is changing her attitude about Iska even though only a little bit.
Dec 2, 2020 2:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, the astral magic visualization looked so cool, especially with how Salinger used his technique. He split his hand crest astral, and combined the two opposite astral spirit into more powerful spell. That freezing fire, was nice. But its repelled by Iska's op swords. Then the sandstorm too. But, its also get repelled by Alice too op ice that somehow could freeze a thunder. Hmm, okay! A mere swordsman could never elevate your heights? You fool, Salinger. He wasn't yours so called a mere, he was the MC! Ofc he could elevate you, and made you go down, to the deepest level of the earthen plane. So, yeah, rest in peace there for a while, until you get another call in the future....

Risya, you didn't even need something like that. But, ofc the element of survive really needed for the sake of a good twist. Now, you told a nice information, there, Risya, about the Emperor's interest. Moreover, with the younger sister of Alice wishes and situations. What kind of help you needed, young girl? And what kind of plan the Empire prepare in the future? And ofc Rin won't let herself heard those name much. She was already touched by those guy with the name. So better watch out with your surroundings, Alice! Its getting hot tempered there!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 2, 2020 5:17 PM
Aug 2020
CeddyyBearr said:
The most interesting bit of the episode is that Alice's sister was freed from prison by Iska. Now that's the better rivalry I would look forward to. Alice & Sisbell fighting over Iska. Can we add Rin to this list as well? She's already praising Iska. It's a step.

Salinger looked pretty dope, but he was quite a let down in the end, eventho this probably won't be the last time we see him.

Ppl hate harems un these type of animes because of how much the story stalls to develop, but Im with you lol, not really superinterested in the war backgroung, let some spicy girls fight all over for Iska and luckily de get to see Alice jealous forced to press forward haha
Dec 2, 2020 8:52 PM

Feb 2011
this deserves a second season!
It's really good. the scores on this are way too harsh

Dec 2, 2020 10:25 PM
Apr 2020
Iska defeated Salinger and saved Rin.

The astral mage that Iska saved is Alice's sister. It looks like Alice and her sister are in love with the same person. lol

Dec 3, 2020 1:52 AM

Aug 2013
Safe to say the potential of this series just basically dropped to zero at this point. I mean...it's really anticlimactic how events are unfolding. Sora Amamiya's performance as a seiyuu and Alice's tsundere wholesome tiddies character design can only do so much for me. I mean if this series had like a split cour run then I could see how the slow or somewhat underwhelming pacing would justify potential hyped up confrontations down the line. But here we already have the Founder getting dealt with a few eps back and now Salinger the Demon is basically one-shotted. The hell is the point?
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 3, 2020 3:01 AM

Oct 2020
I hope Iska vs Salinger in this episode will be more epic than that.
I wish we can see Iska interact with Alice's little sister in the next episode. I really love to see how Alice react when she finds out that her little sister might have a feeling for her rival/love interest. Her little sister might call Iska onii chan XD
Dec 3, 2020 3:45 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode, though the dialogue mid fight was kind of stupid. Iska announcing his surprise attack is classic action trope. Though that don't really bother me, just pointing out how stupid that is lmao. Either way, I really enjoyed the fight.

Yes Alice you and Iska are now official... officially rivals. Yeah, right sure ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). It's to be expected the pink haired girl Iska saved in the beginning would have some form of attachment to him. Looking forward to some more tsun Alice once pink haired girl and Iska meets.

Also good to see Rin warm up to Iska, she was badass this episode and adorable too when Alice was touching her injuries.
Dec 3, 2020 4:53 AM
Mar 2018
The fights were kind of underwhelming, but that's honesty expected, and that's not why I even watch this anime anymore

Dec 3, 2020 5:00 AM
Jun 2017
Salinger is just too much OP for those astral mages..i mean he can use almost all magic... Good thing Iska is an OP character...

And just how sweet that both of them remeber each other even after the fight. And the smile in their face is cute.

Another interesting part--> Alice's little sister is the one being saved by him in the 1st episode and wishing also that she can see him again..

Im excited for next weeks episode
Dec 3, 2020 6:55 AM

Aug 2013
Iska vs. Salinger was okayish. It honestly wasn't that impressive.

The pinked haired girl, Sisbell, being Alice's sister wasn't a surprise thanks to MAL's character list. But I'll be looking forward to how things will develop in the last few episodes.

Dec 3, 2020 7:28 AM
Dec 2020
Very lovely alice liese
Dec 3, 2020 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
Ok ... but why when they were in Nabulis they didn't leave "captain" there? With the support of the current ruler, they could safely hide her, especially since it would possible get rid of her for a season or two.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 3, 2020 3:43 PM
May 2017
I usually like this kind of anime, you know OP MC, great animation, and (kind of) harem. But whoever decided that making a dumb character like Mismis as a captain is a good idea and whoever wrote those underwhelming dialogue during the Salinger fight scene must be sacked immediately.
Dec 3, 2020 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
Iska vs Salinger's fight was very interesting, it seems that rin is starting to like iska I was surprised.

Great episode.

Dec 3, 2020 5:15 PM

Mar 2015
A link back to episode 1! And well done as well.
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 3, 2020 5:28 PM

May 2014
Nieznajomy43 said:
Ok ... but why when they were in Nabulis they didn't leave "captain" there? With the support of the current ruler, they could safely hide her, especially since it would possible get rid of her for a season or two.
Iska and co. have no reason to fight for the Empire in the first place. Trying to achieve peace that way makes no sense. It is pretty obvious that the author set up the situation so that he can call Iska and Alice enemies, even though they have no reason to be.

Look at the writing in general. I don't think the author cares.
Dec 4, 2020 6:56 AM
Jun 2019
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Nieznajomy43 said:
Iska and co. have no reason to fight for the Empire in the first place. Trying to achieve peace that way makes no sense. It is pretty obvious that the author set up the situation so that he can call Iska and Alice enemies, even though they have no reason to be.

The writing is the best thing about it. Arguably, the best example is the captain. One will constantly wonder why the captain became captain in the first place when she fumbles around so often. No, she didn't become captain with her efforts and achievement to back it up. It's that the author wrote her as captain just so she would follow Iska around and end up becoming a witch.
Dec 4, 2020 7:32 AM

May 2014
tiwibo said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

The writing is the best thing about it. Arguably, the best example is the captain. One will constantly wonder why the captain became captain in the first place when she fumbles around so often. No, she didn't become captain with her efforts and achievement to back it up. It's that the author wrote her as captain just so she would follow Iska around and end up becoming a witch.
The order of motives was probably:

1) Additional fanservice
2) Cuteness (or "cuteness")
3) Someone for Iska to rescue
4) More terrible dialogue
5) The witch stuff
Dec 5, 2020 3:36 AM
Mar 2012
Salinger vs Iska animation level went way up on some cool aerial shots. Rin's quite hardy like her golem. lol they're official now.
Finally back to other Nebulis sisters but not much episodes left for development.
Dec 5, 2020 9:06 AM

May 2015
ohh so he saved her sister
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 6, 2020 5:58 PM

Apr 2018
Salinger vs Iska was insane. I can't believe that Iska managed to beat Salinger. Iska and Alice relationship is getting closer and closer xD
Dec 6, 2020 8:27 PM

Jan 2012
This is mainly my fault but this was recommended to me by someone and I have been watching it week to week hoping something actually happens. It's basically fanfiction with a Godlike protagonist as interesting as Kirito. There is no real antagonist, just the monologuing villain of the week who says "I represent this side" of this two dimensional political struggle which in itself is just a thin excuse for conflict. The budget for the animation is actually pretty good, but aside from that I don't even know why I bother. I am hoping one of them just dies and the stupid superficial romance between the princess character and the blank slate self-insert protagonist can come to an end.
Dec 10, 2020 1:09 AM

Oct 2008
hmmm so Iska is like another overpowered MC huh...cuz seems like Salinger isn't even a fair match against Iska huh...
4/5.

Dec 15, 2020 2:23 PM

Nov 2009
Would be totally funny if the entire Royal Sisters all fall for Iska, harem fight ensues. (plus capt)

Also, Iska didn't really "beat beat" Salinger, since he "escaped", which was his and the empire's main objective. (evidenced by the empire retreating as said by "Nameless")
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 16, 2020 8:10 PM

Aug 2017
Iska vs. Salinger was pretty interesting. Idk why but I'm liking Rin more and more with each new episode xD!!

Also didn't expect that the witch Iska helped 1 year ago was Alice's sister!! Damn!!

Dec 27, 2020 8:24 AM

Nov 2014
The battle between Iska & Salinger was lit, and Alice came right in time to save Rin.
Well it seems Iska beat him for "now" as he just disappeared like that. and somehow fake nameless a.k.a Risya appeared awhile to slow down Alice.

All are getting well, the squad safely back home. the bond between Iska and Alice is getting stronger( i really hope to see both of them quickly fall in love tho XD).

it seems the empire plan succeed this time to wreck the havoc in Nebulis, they even suceed on placing a spy in the palace are and it seems emperor seems to take a liking into Iska. also.. it seems Alice'll get a 'love/affection" rival sooner as it was revealed that the witch that Iska saved in the past was Alice younger sister.
Jan 2, 2021 8:24 PM

Jan 2017
Quite surprised that the Empire's infiltration plan worked (almost) without a hitch, the Iska vs Salinger battle was satisfying too with a "victory" for Iska this time around

Both twists of Risya being the Nameless in Nebulis and Iska saved Alice's little sister is great too, the Sovereignty will be sure to bite back after these events
Jan 4, 2021 11:31 PM

Mar 2016
That was a good animated fight. So, lil sis already has feelings for Iska? Noice🔥
Feb 23, 2021 2:54 AM

Jul 2015
Iska and Alice are official! now onto changing the rival aspect to lovers and we're good to go.

Stupid of Risya to announce her attacks, but seeing her wear the suit explains how she could infiltrate the prison. I liked the fight but I'm a bit disappointed that the formidable demon Salinger got defeated by our overpowered hero Iska.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2020

137 by nyaasar »»
May 4, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2020

70 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
Apr 25, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2020

51 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2020

57 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2020

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 9:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.