Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 13, 2020 1:56 PM
Nov 2019
Wow, this episode was pretty damn violent for a Fire Force episode. Felt like an AOT episode at times. Plenty of randos getting killed right after a brief flashback.(The dude who's flashback was his sneakers made me laugh)
Nov 13, 2020 2:23 PM
Feb 2016
Terrible episode imo. All the killing felt like it was only done to show how powerful the enemy was even though they totally neglected that in the other episodes. Also a lot of fan service even in serious moments when it wasn't necessary. Juggernaut was fun but that's the only possituve thing in this episode.
Nov 13, 2020 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
Shed manly tears for my boy Juggernaut at the end. This fight was one of the things I was looking forward the most to see animated, and it hasn't disappointed me one bit, great in animation, sound and character moment. Definitely one of my favorite battles of the series, and this episode also became one of my favorite ones of the anime. Juggernaut made honor to his name, avenged his senpai and saved Tamaki, surpassing his cowardice and fears. What a man ;_;

First half was pure black comedy. I both felt bad and chuckled at the fate of those red shirts who had the obvious death flags on them (F for the guy who just wanted to try his new sneakers). This arc shows what happens when normal people try to enter in the domain of the White Clad, and Ritsu has been shown to be incredibly dangerous when she has a lot of corpses at her disposition.

They didn't shy away from the gore either. Even when they censored some things (in the manga you could see how Orochi's attack clearly decapitated Hajiki instead of being shadowed), they still managed to make it brutal (like when Hajiki's head upper half landed in the floor and you could see the blood spilling over). The scene where Orochi appears was very well done in general.
RIP Hajiki-senpai. You were truly a cool guy even with your small screentime, your death will never be forgotten :(

Man, why all the females of the Evangelist's side are so good looking? This is one of those shounens when all female villains are hot. Orochi's screentime may have been brief, but she sure managed to be enjoyable in the short time she was featured.

Again, great episode.
Nov 13, 2020 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
NOOO DON'T TELL MY BOY JUGGERNAUT IS DEAD. PLEASE!!
Nov 13, 2020 3:21 PM

Feb 2014
I have not been a fan of this anime, but boy, this episode was absolutely amazing, really looking forward to how the season is gonna end now.
Nov 13, 2020 3:50 PM

Jan 2018
Hajiki seemed like a cool guy, didn't expected him to die so soon.
Juggernaut was the star of this episode I hope he's still alive, PROTECC TAMAKI AT ALL COST!
Nov 13, 2020 4:17 PM

Apr 2020
I died when Shinra gave Company 2 a manual on how to deal with Arthur. It's like he's telling them, Arthur's an idiot but he's Company 8's idiot.

When I get back from this mission, I'm going to wear these brand spanking new sneakers LOL

Juggernaut was best boy this episode.
Nov 13, 2020 4:55 PM

Jan 2020
I thought this was a really good episode.

I really liked Orochi's design, ability and just her character in general and it's kinda sad how it looks like she was just a one episode antagonist because it looked like she had potential for more.

Juggernaut was great

Nov 13, 2020 5:01 PM

Sep 2009
Holy shit this episode was lot heavier than I expected it to be.
Nov 13, 2020 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
Cool to see the past of people before I die I think it was perfect. The episode was incredible.

Nov 13, 2020 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Cool.many people died so let's see what's going to happen in the next episode.

Nov 13, 2020 5:23 PM

Jun 2020
Okay, who else was expecting Juggernaut to say "Don't you know who I am? I'm the juggernaut bitch!" before dropping that bomb on Orochi? I hope he isn't RIP. Kind of surprised to see so many characters die in this episode. The home stretch is looking to be quite interesting.
Nov 13, 2020 5:39 PM

Jan 2009
RIP Haijiki in the manga i was shock by his sudden death too

Orochi is strong too although Juggernaut is much powerful that is hopefully he survives that blast
Nov 13, 2020 7:18 PM

Jul 2020
Noooo so the cool rifle guy who could give something interesting to the plot is dead. And Juggernaut crafted a fire nuke and blasted it like a Nishinoya Rolling Thunder into that Silent Hill-type girl. I need the next episode. NOW.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Nov 13, 2020 7:54 PM

Oct 2016
Jesus Christ, this episode man. I was dying when they were showing the flashbacks of those fodder soldiers and then this one dude just wanted to wear some sneakers lmao. But, you know who else died, them.

Bruh, Hajiki was badass and then he just died like that what the fuck. That shookt the hell out of me, cause I wasn't expecting that at all. But, damn are all white clads that thicc cause damn.

Respect to Juggernaut though that was awesome, I am sure Tamaki's time will come. I am sure this will motivate Tamaki to do better. But, that medusa weapon wielder white clad is definitely clapped right. She took a nuke right in the face.

Looking forward to the next episode damn, this is shaping up to be a great arc.
Nov 13, 2020 7:57 PM

Mar 2020
A good episode.
The investigation did not start well, they are being slaughtered even if they are still trying to fight.
RIP Hajiki, RIP Juggernaut?
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 13, 2020 8:21 PM

Jul 2014
Hey, that new guy is pretty cool... And he's just been decapitated! Holy shit I didn't expect that at all. I know that the theme of this anime has always been dark but I have found this episode darker than usual.

Those death flags were hilarious though, especially the sneakers guy lmao.

Of course the new girl is THICC. I'd like to see more of her but after that heroic moment of Juggernaut I don't think it's possible anymore. Speaking of Juggernaut, what the hell is his power? He's supposed to just wear a lot of layers of clothes but... it regenerates, what?

Heyyyy, Tamaki is... half naked again. Tamaki's only purpose in getting half naked is to power-up the boys? I guess it works metaphorically but I don't know, at the beginning of the series it didn't bother me that much but now I find it kind of annoying. I've always liked Tamaki so... yeah.
Nov 13, 2020 8:22 PM

Jun 2019
If there’s one thing that is pretty unique to Fire Force of the current action-shounens is that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. I feel like this has helped it improve upon the first season, which was a little too serious at times, given its content. What Fire Force accels at is giving a fun time with some great action. And that was all there in this episode.
Nov 13, 2020 9:01 PM
Apr 2020
Bloody episode. Hajiki was skilled but he was instantly killed, that Orochi is quite strong. But she's no match against the determined Juggernaut. Is Juggernaut dead?!

Nov 13, 2020 9:54 PM

Oct 2017
Purple Haze was such a beauty, what a waste that she had to die.
Nov 13, 2020 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
This anime never stops to amaze, what an episode! Overall Friday 13th episodes were all insane, FireForce, Danmachi, Jujutsu, so many dark and intense episodes! What a day.

RIP to that guy, he seemed pretty nice and OP.
Poor Tamaki, if it wasn't Juggernaut, then it had to be Shinra xD

But Juggernaut was the MVP without any doubt! But tbh he was right, if he was less coward maybe his friend wouldn't have died.

What a way to end the episode tho, 10/10

Now about the military, wtf? How did Tokyo survive with such a big threat as Infernals only being defeated by FF, like the military doesn't even stand a chance...

Can't wait for next week's episode! Finally, best girl will be back, i hope...
Oh, and btw, i guess it's time for Maki's brother to really learn whit who 8th and Maki area dealing.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 13, 2020 10:46 PM

Jun 2014
Damn I was really liking Hajiki and just like that, he's dead. His short time on screen was badass though :(

Juggernaut finally got his time to shine and damn he was cool af. Really hope he didn't die there but the way this episode went, I won't get my hopes up.

Also, I like that they showed short backstories for some of the Fire Soldiers before they died, and then you have that one dude who was dreaming about simply wearing some new shoes lol. But then he died anyway....

And holy shit what is it with the women in the white clad all being so thicc. Stop making me like the bad guys so much Fire Force ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
thebrentinator24Nov 13, 2020 10:54 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 13, 2020 11:31 PM

Mar 2017
Juggernaut was really awesome in this ep, and I hope he ends up with Tamaki.
Also, anyone know who voiced Orochi? The voice is familiar but she ain't listed in the cast atm. It was Shizuka Itou, and the reason it was familiar was because of Hildegarde.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 13, 2020 11:46 PM
Dec 2019
I was hoping to see finally Tamaki and Shinra together because of this. But, damn... Juggernaut reaaaaalllyyy is the MAN!!! He just developed his character in just 10 minutes and he nailed it. He went from super shy, to super DAMN! This episode was very different from the previous. I think they wanted us to be unprepared for this one. I really hope Jug is ok after this.
Nov 14, 2020 12:09 AM
Sep 2018
Bruh wtf they just killed a good potential john wick type character in just 5 mins.
Very bad tbh. And they fucking left it on cliffhanger fucking great FML
Nov 14, 2020 12:12 AM

Apr 2020
TAKERU IS CRAZY!!! The last arc opens up with lots of crazy violence and deaths. Poor those three soldiers who had their cliche flashbacks before they die. It goes to show the true soldiers who are fighting in the real world (props). And Hajiki-senpai, he has one of the coolest powers ever and then he just got his head sliced (like Yuuji) and...died. Orochi's fighting power is really cool too (and damn she is thick). Tamaki got really beaten (even though she lewd dont you dare do that again) and because of that our boi Takeru. He became a man this week! And Orochi's death scene is really brutal.

So much action we got in this first part. This might be as great as the last season's Nether arc, and damn they are spoiling it to us. Great episode, bumping it up to an 8!
raiderublazeNov 14, 2020 12:38 AM
Nov 14, 2020 2:08 AM
May 2019
*NOOO, U CANT KILL CHARACTERS LIKE THAT

*Haha head goes brrrrrrrr
Nov 14, 2020 2:34 AM

Aug 2013
holy fucking shit what the hell was this?!
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 14, 2020 5:55 AM
Apr 2019
My boi Juggernaut finally gets his spotlight now. It's really fun watching this in HD. The animations are good as hell.
Nov 14, 2020 6:03 AM

Apr 2018
That was a dark episode...
Nov 14, 2020 6:19 AM
Mar 2020
Oh! new characters! ..... and theire dead.
Nov 14, 2020 8:57 AM

May 2018
Hajiki-senpai had the quickest death ever lol

And the other guys with their lives flashing before their eyes lol
Nov 14, 2020 9:44 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Joint Operation Nether Investigation arc started. The beginning was quite funny, with a lot of classical gags, and Arthur became my highlight there. That standing, and the beginning convoy, really become the reason behind an ending song theme. I am a bit of shock there knewing the similarity xD.

Tamaki fanservices, tho. Gladly, it just a glimpse. Because i might be chuckle again facing these episode. But, its not too long. Ritsu, the guardian of Inca was the main villain for these arc, together with the introduction of a new faction within Evangelist White-clads circle and served under her direct command, Knights of the Purple Smoke.

So, thats it, a hectic situations already happened while everyone decided to once again entering the Nether. Their decision to separate the units was sure a difficult situations, knewing the fact that they were all against the infernals, and the army from 2nd divisions mostly couldn't handle the horror of Ritsu's ability. Every teams had their own struggle, a lot of death happened from the 2nd division. But these episode was try to maintain and focus to the previous couple ship, Tamaki, and Jugger Noto to even more deeper.

Yeah, finally! Noto manly up his feeling, by taking the whole challenge from those fire whip knight very seriously after the death of his platoon leader from his division. Yeah, ngl for me, its intensed, with a nice flashback of him before joining the fire forces. That attacking style was great, a mass weapon, combining his whole feeling into a giant fire-bomb-alike which cause a true death for those knight with a massive explosion as a result. However, that end kinda worry me a bit. Could he be survive there?

To be continued!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 14, 2020 9:53 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AN EPISODE. Juggernauts is a boss. I also love that they gave the other characters a background story
Nov 14, 2020 10:37 AM

Apr 2015
I love how you're introducing a character and kill him off within 5 minutes, nice job! His strength was pretty incredible though. Well until that White Clad beheaded him...

Juggernaut gets his time to shine, his power till now is quite... strange. Honestly curious how he moves around in all those layers. Also had no idea he had such massive amount of firepower at his disposal. Not gonna lie, no one gets away with hurting Tamaki like that and Juggernaut delivered.

If all these White Clad girls are as thicc as Arrow and now this Purple Haze knight, then I have found my religion.
Nov 14, 2020 10:38 AM
Apr 2020
forgot there was a second season of this show, is it any good?
Nov 14, 2020 10:38 AM
Apr 2020
Nov 14, 2020 10:48 AM
Apr 2016
Ceb_1 said:

fight are cool but this season is more childish, and there s a lot of nonsense. the quality improves in the second half of the anime. I can recommand it but don t expect much
Nov 14, 2020 11:10 AM
Apr 2020
Franck_Nicolas said:
Ceb_1 said:

fight are cool but this season is more childish, and there s a lot of nonsense. the quality improves in the second half of the anime. I can recommand it but don t expect much

:/ i may ggive it a go then
Nov 14, 2020 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
Wow that got dark.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 14, 2020 2:20 PM

Apr 2020
i dont think this episode was TO dark than some of the previous ones. the whole second season has this ruthless tone (does anyone remember Panda and Sancho?) maybe the most shocking thing here is that the characters were "given a face" and a bit of background before being killed. and we can feel it

Juggernoto my boy >w< besides, am bore of the complaints about Tamaki. is repetitive fanservice tiring? yes. is she a bad character? absolutely not

anyway, great animation work and great cliffhanger! waiting for more of Hinawa and Maki's brother

Nov 14, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2017
Well shit... things got gruesome real quick! I was actually shook when Hajiki was brutally killed like that so suddenly.

I've been intrigued by Juggernaut since the beginning of this series, especially with the whole seemingly hollow thing. It was awesome to have an episode focused on him... but if he dies I will riot!
Nov 14, 2020 3:24 PM

Dec 2013
A surprisingly gruesome episode, I don't really like when shows starts killing people left and right and shame they decided to kill Hajiki, he was pretty cool.
Nov 14, 2020 4:06 PM
May 2017
It's wild how the writer of Soul Eater is the same person that wrote this. How he went from displaying women competent to a character like Tamaki is absolutely insane to me.
Nov 14, 2020 4:10 PM

Feb 2009
Sooooooo many death flags damn!
Nov 14, 2020 4:15 PM
Oct 2019
YOOOOO Juggernaut popping off!!!! Takeru the real MVP. Tamaki was almost going to be useful but ofcourse not. Hajiki was pretty strong but mans just got sliced up in now time. Ritsu causing trouble again with infernals and undead crewmates that had sad backstories and that funny shoe one. Why are all these White Clad girls so damn thiccc, Haumea, Arrow and now this Knight of The Purple Haze girl. Much tension between Hinawa and Maki's brother.

Solid episode with good fights, character development, new characters and the merciless killing.
Life is not daijoubu
Nov 14, 2020 5:18 PM
Jun 2016
I cannot believe how people can think this episode was good....yeah the animation was ok, but oh god...everything else was shit. Seriously, am I the only one who thinks Tamaki is an offensively awful character? is useless, her fanservice quirk is stupid and presents her just as a sexual object to arouse the audience, and the author also treats her horribly like.... all of her battles end up with her being beaten badly and waiting for a man to save her... and for some strange reason she always seconds the popularity charts in the shonen jump....like...what is wrong with this people? they just want a girl that shows skin in the stupidest ways possible and gets beated like the spouse of an alcoholic? and that is somehow supposed to be sexy since her clothers gets removed like it was made of sugar in all of her fights because yeah...seeing a woman being beated to pulp = hot stuff amirite?. And this is the guy who made Soul Eater? a pretty solid anime with a strong/interesting female protagonist...like...really?

and yeah... the whole death flag part was pretty lame...honestly am I too old to find that kind of stuff funny anymore? I mean I didn't think it was offensive, I don't really care if you wanna do dark humor, but if you gonna do it....at least try to be funny?....I don't know man, do people really though those old tired clichés were hilarious? maybe Im just too old Idk man. Im not even a female, but If I were I would be even more grossed out by Tamaki as a character and the fact she is so popular.

rant over....
Nov 14, 2020 5:30 PM

Oct 2018
OMG, death flags galore! LOL
Nov 14, 2020 9:22 PM
Jun 2013
Ceb_1 said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

:/ i may ggive it a go then

Don't listen to his nonsense, there's nothing really childish about this season, don't even know what this guy is talking about, also the animation has been amazing the whole season and the direction is far better than season 1 that was a bit messy, watch it.
Nov 15, 2020 2:00 AM
Sep 2014
The sneakers joke was actually pretty funny lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ringare - Oct 30, 2020

125 by Humaneky »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.