Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2008 5:23 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They really screwed up Tenma. Glad those 3 are dead now, the next one to die should be the director's daughter ^^
But I wonder if those two kids, or just possibly the girl, are involved in the murders.
Aug 1, 2008 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, things are looking bleak for Tenma. I hope he can pull through!

This show is still looking good. Can't wait to see the rest, and I hope the rest retains this quality.
Dec 18, 2008 6:31 PM

Jun 2008
nice no idea who killed them. at first i'd thought it would be that boy but he seemed too sick to have done it quite yet.
Feb 3, 2009 1:15 AM

Jul 2008
That was quite intense, everything just stopped for Tenma, but I'm glad he came to some sort of realization and is understanding his priorities instead of taking the easy route, being the director's lapdog and losing his soul in the process. I feel I will have lots to say about this anime.
Jul 7, 2009 3:01 PM

Dec 2008
[noobycomment] @RGH I F'ING H8 THE DIRECTOR AND HIS SLAG DAUGHTER DEY ARE HORRIBLE PPPLl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [/noobycomment]

Seriously though thats how i felt... 0.o
Jul 8, 2009 11:11 AM

Apr 2009
Awesome, Im loving this series already. Its very dramatic, although a bit predictable. Im not the only one that thinks the kid is evil, right? I think that he's gonna become a villain in the future, and end up making things worse for Tenma.

Aug 6, 2009 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
So Dr. Boyer, the Chief and the Director all die...can't help but think it has something to do with Dr. Tenma and those children.

P.S. Random product placement for Werther's Originals...although they're poisoned so it's not really good advertisement XD
Oct 13, 2009 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
so much for the competition!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 17, 2010 12:02 PM

Sep 2009
wow, the story is getting really intense, and i can see why this anime is rated so high, it is great!
Now I just wonder who killed those 3? Was it Tenma? That would the most obvious explanation but he seems to be drunk, is it something supernatural? I didn't see any gun shots or blood.
No sig :(
Jan 24, 2010 5:35 PM

Jan 2010
I wonder who could have killed them and how they did it. It might have be Tenma because he was drunk but you'd think he would have been more violent if he had because it wasn't sober...
This really is interesting.
\
May 27, 2010 4:24 PM

Sep 2008
I knew I heard Mamiko Noto being a nurse the last episode also! For some reason, I think the killer was actually the male twin or something, I don't know.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2010 11:10 AM

Mar 2010
So glad they are dead..They more than deserved it..But who is the culprit?And why does that girl collapse in the sight of her brother?Wouldn't she be happy?Normally..Unless her brother has something to do with the murder of the parents.That's maybe whom she was referring to when she was saying "kill him"
Oct 15, 2010 5:37 PM
Jul 2010
It occurs to me that there wouldn't have been a problem if the other surgeons didn't suck so much.
Nov 6, 2010 3:28 PM

Mar 2010
haha they had that coming

tenma seriously needs to get his act together, he got played

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 16, 2010 8:58 PM

Oct 2008
Urgh, I hate people like that. Especially the director's daughter.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 25, 2010 8:51 PM

Jan 2008
fantastic episode, really cruel way by the director, his subordinates and his daughter to faze tenma out.

I was seriously disgusted when the director opened that bag of candy, a present for the child in hopes of his swift recovery, and both of the directors subordinates simply took a handful of candy out, without even thinking a second about it.

what i also thought was great, was the fact that despite the misfortune that befalls tenma, he still doesn't give in (not that that would probably change anything anymore) and he still stands by his actions without reservations.

couldn't help but feel some bitter satisfaction when the director, the chief of surgery and boyer, tenmas replacement as chief of neurosurgery, were found dead.
don't really have a clue who the killer could have been, (i read the synopsis so it is probably a safe bet to say it was johann in some way or other, but i have no idea how seeing as he wasn't even able to get up, earlier when his sister was there)

definitely great so far, seems to turn into a great anime, it has been a while since i felt with the characters, and especially tenma, to such an extent :D
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Apr 20, 2011 11:09 PM

Apr 2009
Started buying the manga but got stuck at Vol 3 because of Viz, so switched over to the anime. Really good so far. Great ep :D
Aug 9, 2011 12:30 PM

Jan 2010
That's pretty messed up what they did to Tenma. At least he got his wish! lol
Nov 14, 2011 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
Uncandescent said:
It occurs to me that there wouldn't have been a problem if the other surgeons didn't suck so much.

this.

Dec 3, 2011 12:57 AM
Aug 2010
Love this anime so far.

Uncandescent said:

(I know it may be silly to respond to a post that's a year old, but anyway...)

I don't think it's that the other surgeons aren't good, it's that Tenma is exceptional. I must admit that I know nothing about neurosurgery, but I imagine that these are incredibly difficult surgeries that don't have a high success rate. But I may just be talking out of my ass here.
Feb 8, 2012 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
Well it's good that they were killed.
Feb 21, 2012 9:44 PM

Oct 2011
I've gotta say , murder is wrong but it was good seeing those greedy morons getting what they deserved.
Apr 10, 2012 2:02 PM

Apr 2009
You reap what you sow, Tenma-san. It's only natural that you have to be punished for ignoring your superior's orders and acting on your own whim. What else did you expected? You left mayor to die after all. And what was gained in exchange? So far only loses... Oh, but at least the boy will be grateful for his saved life, right, Tenma-san? xD
Jun 18, 2012 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
I'm wondering how the doctors died. The synopsis points toward Johan, but I'm not sure how he could have killed them (seemingly by poisoned candy?) while he was comatose. Otherwise, it's interesting how unlikable Eva is so far, especially because I found her to be one of my favorite characters of the series when I first watched it. It occurs to me that I really don't remember jack shit about what happened, though.

Tenma, though, he's a bro.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 16, 2012 11:40 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so creeped out right now. I have a feeling that the little boy that Tenma saved has some supernatural powers and he took part in the killings somehow. I agree with Tenma, he is doing the right thing, but it's just making me cry that such horrible people have so much power in the world. I was happy when they died. But when I get happy because of that, I feel so bad because the death of anyone, even if they are bad people, isn't right at all.

I'm astounded by this show. Hats off.
Aug 25, 2012 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
i literally said "yay!" when those guys died
Sep 10, 2012 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
I wished their deaths would be more brutal/satisfying lol

5/5
End Zionazism
Sep 13, 2012 1:43 PM

Nov 2009
Mikasa said:
I wished their deaths would be more brutal/satisfying lol

5/5

Same, but nonetheless soooo glad they died, though when the daughter started walking up the stairs it became so obvious that he was dead... loved that, though was half hoping the murderer was still their, turns around and kills her too.
Sep 22, 2012 1:27 AM
Apr 2012
Eva is a slut and a slave to money. I hate materialistic, shallow and greedy people like that.

I'm glad the three died though, however cruel that may sound. Tenma is a good man.
Nov 21, 2012 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
The saying "No good deed goes unpunished" comes to mind.
Dec 15, 2012 10:52 PM

Feb 2012
WOAH! Shit just get real 3 people same time out of the game.

About Episode:

So now we know at least the operation went well and they got rid off that bullet that was in this boy named Johan I suppose.

But I already had guessed what's going to happen to Tenma. And it just normal that happened. If you screw up and not obey the orders from superiors this is what is going to happen.

Although Tenma had bad luck but good thing he isn't anymore marriage to Eva. I just hate that Woman she only wants to use people for her own desires.

Man I am feeling bad for Tenma. But seriosly he can't get advances anymore and he got basically destroyed as doctor.

That Johan boy is really scary looking. I wonder if that girl who walked in the corridors has something to do with these 3 people. and Johan definitely he is connected this somehow... So there is investigator now too interesting.

Tenma was funny when he was drunk haha :DD

Great Episode 5/5
Dec 29, 2012 7:47 PM

Apr 2010
Uncandescent said:

I agree. I still say that it was the boy's fault about the 3 doctors' death and his parents.

Jan 1, 2013 4:58 AM

Aug 2012
Getting extreme chills and creeps out of this anime. Time to go on a marathon...

Plus that ending.
Jan 26, 2013 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, very happy with the end of this ep!

I can definitely tell that this is gonna be another series where I'm sat here shouting at the screen...
Jan 26, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2012
Nothing is more refreshing than justice. I was so glad those bastards were dead. Awesome plot so far.

Jan 29, 2013 10:27 PM

Apr 2012
Dr. Cox manages to save the boy but at what cost.

Now he's stuck doing emergency surgeries all the time. Poor guy. He's being put through all this strife because he did what he thought was right. The Directors daughter is just as bad as all the doctors. I'm glad they broke up.
Why won't they realize, a person is a person no matter how small.... And now they are all dead. Good, good for them. But will Dr. Tenma be blamed for this? Did he get home on his own or did someone help him out? Was it the boy or the girl that shot everyone. If it was the boy how on earth did he manage to kill the director? Was it some drug from the candy? Did he even shoot him? With Dr. Tenma and Director's daughter broken up, will Astro boy be alright?
Apr 25, 2013 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Starting off strong
Apr 25, 2013 2:34 PM

Oct 2012
Holy shit! Work of devil! Now I have to watch all of those 74 episodes to know how this would end.
Jul 17, 2013 10:58 AM

Nov 2010
To whoever killed those guys : THANK YOU.
Aug 14, 2013 1:54 PM

Jul 2008
The only logical ways for them to be dead is someone wants the boy dead and poisoned the candy that was a gift for the boy. Or Tenma went on a drunken killing spree, which is unlikely. The boy might have done it, since he did have an evil look in his eyes at one point, but there's no indication that he can do anything yet. I'm pretty sure he didn't poison the candy.
Aug 16, 2013 6:52 AM
May 2012
Ha I knew that those 3 will be killed the moment Tenma said they were better off dead.

Bastards like that really exist in real life If I only have a notebook a notebook that can kill *grins* "Justice".
Sep 2, 2013 11:14 PM

Jul 2009
wow what a episode!

those stupid money grubbing old piece of shit people really deserve to die.

that woman is gonna be next for sure!

i'm guessing the boy had something to do with it, he could probably be the reason why his parents are both dead and why his sister fears him.

though i'm worried they're gonna try pin down on Tenma killing them even though he did nothing wrong.

great episode!!!

the mysteriousness of the unknown is frightening to say the least!
Sep 27, 2013 10:38 AM

Oct 2010
Okay. This was a great episode, for a handful of reasons.

-Tenma talks alone. To himself. Aloud. I think this is relevant.

-The environment of the hospital turned really nightmarish in this episode. I am amazed at how people can be so mean yet be able to transmit normality. To a point it's as if everything was in Tenma's head.

-The murder actually makes up for and justifies the unsubtle introduction of the moral issues. A drastic consequence requires a drastic cause. Now I have sided with Tenma, yet I can't trust him. Which leads to the following point:

-Ambiguity. Is the boy good or evil? Is Tenma innocent or guilty?

-And, as in the first, the technical aspects are really spot on.

I'm so glad I finally picked this one. So far the ride is being really worthy.
jal90Sep 27, 2013 10:42 AM
Oct 2, 2013 8:12 PM

Jul 2012
Talk about quick justice, those greedy pigs didn't deserve to be doctors
Oct 8, 2013 9:59 PM

Jan 2011
i dont think Tenma killed those 3 but then the male twin has just regained conciousness so i doubt he could ve murder them
anyways glad they are dead an please let the bitch die next
Oct 24, 2013 5:58 PM

Jun 2013
The beast is UNLEASHED! Johan post-op little kid, can barely walk and already 3 dead!! A true genius at work.
Nov 18, 2013 10:02 PM

Sep 2011
Perfect... the director is dead, AND Tenma's not with that ugly witch of a woman anymore. Perfect.
Jan 30, 2014 8:33 PM

May 2013
That was a dramatic episode.

I don't feel sorry for The Director, Dr. Boyer and Dr. Oppenheim though.
Conan_KudoJan 30, 2014 8:43 PM
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Mar 2, 2014 6:03 AM

Jun 2010
Edgy corruption, yet somewhat realistic. Some people really are greedy.
"Those bastards should die" lol, wish granted.
"Deep."
Apr 26, 2014 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
Wow I was completely blown away when the boy opened his eyes. That was so eerie and suspenseful. Although I felt death flags for the director, it was still intense (and satisfying) when it all came together. That boy is a sure shot psycho, not sure about the girl yet though.

Also random bit but ost reminds me of Ergo Proxy. So does the darker atmosphere.

Edit: Coming back to this nine years later and wow, I could feel my skin crawling with all that build up. The sound effects were superb towards the end, like a beast growling as it awakens from a deathly slumber.
ZekkenshinApr 11, 2023 3:49 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

626 by cRzOrCho »»
Yesterday, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

201 by tectacles »»
May 1, 4:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.