Forums
New
Oct 23, 2020 3:31 AM

Jun 2020
What is your taste?... and why?

=================================

My personal taste is more into:

- Character study through emotions, ways of perseverance, and ideals
- Legitimate human experiences that is according to each of their own (AKA Flawed characters)
- Challenging Adventure
- Wholesomeness
- Epic Fantasy with breathtaking, dynamic ambiance
- or any kinds of dramatic logic (etc.)

Sometimes, I'm fond of comedic humor regarding sexual and humanitarian jokes (not perverted (incel-ish) one, but anything that has proper sense)

I'm loyal to my kind of taste because I always feel dull whenever I go outside to talk with my friends and study within my school. More like, I want to break "I don't care as always" curse since I probably have a lack of learning experience in terms of personal extent. Yes, I always hide my emotions in order not to deal with others nor seek attention of others, considering myself an introvert with insecure self-consciousness.

Thus, my taste is something more into livening up my spirit in realistic level.

HanashiD4Oct 23, 2020 11:46 PM

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Oct 23, 2020 3:33 AM

Apr 2019
I'm a simple man. All I need is:
- Likable characters with good development
- Good story
my life was made with mematic.
Oct 23, 2020 3:38 AM

Jul 2020
If the story is average it should have great animation/world-building/character development

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 23, 2020 3:40 AM

Oct 2017
GREAT..........................................................

Oct 23, 2020 3:51 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Anything goes except anything perverted or sexual, that's nasty.
But more precisely I like things with adventure, action, mystery and/or fantasy, not much of a fan of comedy or romance.
KarinaraOct 23, 2020 3:56 AM
Oct 23, 2020 4:03 AM

Nov 2017
a little bit of magic
main characters meeting different people and their problems
preferably time travels and multiple universes
epic melodramas with happy ending
good vibes only, nothing bad happens in the story
CGDCT
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Oct 23, 2020 4:13 AM

Apr 2015
Here what i wrote in my MAL profile:
I watch anime, reading manga and webnovel purely for enjoyment, that's why I am really picky about anime and manga. I hate tragedy, gore, harem, ecchi, mature, romance-focused, daily life drama, and cliche generic battle shounen.

And generally love 4 kinds of anime:

1. Anime with perfect element combo: "Cute+Funny+Heartwarming+Inspirational"
My Top 5 : Uchuu Kyoudai, Barakamon, Omae Umasou Da Na (Movie), Spy x Family (Manga), Helck (Manga)

2. Anime w/ over the top funniest comedy.
My Top 5 : Gintama, Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan, Nichijou, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro

3. Anime w/ mind blowing plot twists.
My Top 5 : Steins;Gate, Madoka Magica, Gurren Lagann, Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi (Movie), Gravity Falls (Cartoon)

4. CGDCT anime w/ cutest moe loli, fun moving non-cliche plot, and no melodramatic moments.
My Top 5 : Mitsuboshi Colors, Gochiusa, K-On!, Hina Logi, Kitsune to Pancake (Manga)

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Oct 23, 2020 4:18 AM

Sep 2008
tits
gore
swords
cyberpunk
postapocalype
great animation

I'm easy to please, there's just nothing like this anymore. or maybe an entry or 2 per year.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Oct 23, 2020 4:20 AM

Oct 2010
late teen or older characters with detailed character design, complicated stories and some sexy scenes in between.
Oct 23, 2020 4:27 AM
Jul 2020
Tiddies and ass....

There, that's my taste in a nut-shell.
Oct 23, 2020 4:28 AM

Nov 2019
I can't really explain it really...

Oct 23, 2020 8:26 AM

Aug 2020
Just a simple person who likes anything good, even with shows that I hate or bored me to death I still ended up finishing it and not dropping it due to the fact that I need to rate the entire thing
Oct 23, 2020 8:31 AM

Mar 2019
I can watch anything. Shounen, Sci-Fi, Romance, Slice of Life, Harem... But I expect the best from the show. For instance, if the show is comedy, I expect the best comedy. If it is Shounen, I expect the best action, etc.
Oct 23, 2020 8:37 AM

Mar 2016
Most of the time I look for a pretty decent plot with characters I think I'll actually like. I'll watch any genre as long as it has those two things lmao
"It wasn't your fault. You do not have to carry that burden."

Violet Evergarden

Oct 23, 2020 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
I have favorites in basically every genres. But for anime I guess I am most easily pleased with (at least) a decent slice of life + comedy. It's hard to find anime with plot as good as Shinsekai yori after all.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 23, 2020 8:55 AM

May 2020
vCalamity said:
Most of the time I look for a pretty decent plot with characters I think I'll actually like. I'll watch any genre as long as it has those two things lmao

Pretty good standard to go by. It is torture trying to watch something when the plot/story doesn't flow well or the main characters are bland. One of the reasons I enjoy Akatsuki no Yona so much. It went above and beyond in both those departments.
Oct 23, 2020 9:13 AM

Mar 2016
Smores360 said:
vCalamity said:

Pretty good standard to go by. It is torture trying to watch something when the plot/story doesn't flow well or the main characters are bland. One of the reasons I enjoy Akatsuki no Yona so much. It went above and beyond in both those departments.

Yesss, Akatsuki no Yona is such an underrated gem, seriously an amazing manga (and first season anime adaptation)
"It wasn't your fault. You do not have to carry that burden."

Violet Evergarden

Oct 23, 2020 9:15 AM

Apr 2017
-Thrilling plots and unpredictable plot twists
-Emotional and deep themes with meaningful morals
-Polished story-telling and shocking drama
-A wholesome character study

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 23, 2020 9:15 AM

Apr 2020
probably just an anime with stories that connect with each other (maybe why I like Baccano and Steins;Gate so much) likeable characters(honestly the most important part) and mostly stuff that makes me think
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2020 11:15 AM

May 2009
My tastes in a nutshell:

1. Jump into a show because of:
* attractive characters
* nice music
* interesting premise/concept
* miscellaneous other reasons, sometimes tangential (e.g. "my friend keeps complaining about this series")
* everything else aside, I tend to prefer fantasy and sci-fi

2. Watch whatever happens
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 23, 2020 11:16 AM

Aug 2018
Good story
Good characters

Thats all.

Oct 23, 2020 11:17 AM

Sep 2019
I like anything that has a bit of action, is wholesome/cute, good soundtrack, isn't super generic, good plot and characters, and is fun to watch.
"I suffered all my life. No one ever truly loved me. No one ever truly cared about me. I only loved one thing in my whole life and that was Christina Menefee. But she was torn away from me. I tried to save myself with [student’s name], but she never cared for me. As it turns out, she made fun of me behind my back while we were together. And all throughout my life I was ridiculed. Always beaten, always hated. [...] I am malicious because I am miserable."

"It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony [...]"
-Luke Woodham

Oct 23, 2020 11:20 AM

Aug 2020
•Good Plot
•Commendable Characters
• No rush
• Some Romance (if possible)
• Smart and talented, strong , likeable MC
• Some thrilling experience

These are what I need in an Anime :)
Oct 23, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2020
-Good animation (sometimes even mediocre is fine)
-Good story
-Good characters
-Rabbits (like Re zero)
-HYPE

Oct 23, 2020 11:23 AM
May 2016
-varied in terms of the types of stories
-light to no fanservice
-yuri
-strong female characters
-can enjoy male characters, but has never been that into purely male series
-average to great animation
-generally prefer more fun series, but dark series have a lot of merits as well
-harems, not generally, reverse harems, would go for more often than not
-manservice is in
-etc
Oct 23, 2020 11:24 AM

Sep 2020
modern (preferably urban) setting (i can't get into period dramas 99% of the time lmao)
weird/'ugly' art style or character designs
good animation is a huge plus
psychological dramas or thrillers (but i also enjoy goofy, off-beat comedies)
heavily flawed protagonists
uplifting/hopeful message and themes
Oct 23, 2020 11:25 AM

Mar 2020
psychological shit with a bitter-sweet ending, romantic moments to a minimum, and complex MC (not a 'good' guy necessarily and bad either)
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Oct 23, 2020 11:30 AM

Nov 2018
My top 3 types of anime are

1. Police, Military, and "cool guy with a gun" anime. I really enjoy those ones with technology too. Slice of life police and/or military anime are fun as well.
Such as: Koukaku Kidoutai: Stand Alone Complex, City Hunter, Dominion, and Taiho Shichau zo

2. Romcoms (shonen, shoujo, and seinen)
Such as: Nami yo Kiitekure, Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!

3. Random things with references to video games, anime, and the like
Such as: Pop Team Epic

Oct 23, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Breasts, boobs, tits, racks, mammaries, oppai
Oct 23, 2020 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
Eclectic but I preference for something with a decent plot, well rounded characters and decent animation.

I enjoy action focused anime where there is a driven conclusion and risk to life.
I can forgo that though if the anime is just well written with a decent premise.

Decent characters and characterisation are an absolute must. If I can't relate to any of the characters on any level it's not going to be for me.
I want personality not tropes. And I don't consider one note emotions as a personality. That means no females who are just cute (and big breasted does not count as a personality trait) and no males who only have one facial expression (dour).

I can forgive animation mistakes but I can't take ugly looking animation style. And if the art style makes the characters look stupid I'm out. (So no Junjo Romantica or Clannad) The exception to unusual art style is if it's in keeping with a theme. Like Ping Pong although not my thing delibaretluy sets out for a unique animation style to really drive it. Clannad is just bug eyes -= supposed to be cute

I don't mind romance but I prefer it not to be a main focus of the story. Or if it is have it done really, really well. Because bad romance tropes like romances with little connection between love interests falls under bad plot and bad writing.
Oct 23, 2020 4:38 PM
Dec 2015
elitist but im open minded to all, i prefer shows from pre 2010s especially pre 20's . i rarely watch new anime right now cause its just the new animes are not my cup of tea. its just feel bland and not exciting
Oct 23, 2020 5:33 PM

Jan 2020
-MC has fear , suffering , emotional moments etc ,act naturally , and not being Happy go lucky idiot or being edgy , and don't have overpower strength
-The story mostly filled with dramas and suffering
-Many good and unique side characters
- Philosopical

Suggestions?
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Oct 23, 2020 5:39 PM
May 2020
Since teenager and mature shows are pretty different, teenager to shounen and mature to seinen or something like that, and i'm a teenager that likes seinen more than shounen, i guess i'm okay with all kind of shows. That doesn't mean i hate shounen tho. All i need is just a good plot, good character, and for addition, artstyle and animation.
Oct 23, 2020 5:44 PM

Feb 2020
A normal anime, but with explicit sex scenes, girl with a massive dick and a lot of loli rape scenes.

Good shit man.
Oct 24, 2020 1:08 PM

Jul 2017
"The Best There Is, the Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be."
Oct 28, 2020 8:14 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
As long as it's not ecchi and the MC isn't a dumbass, I'm probably not going to mind it.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 28, 2020 8:16 PM

Jul 2020
If there is a memorable character development then my score could easily be high.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 28, 2020 11:52 PM

Apr 2019
I can watch pretty much anything as long as it has good characters, nice character interactions and a coherent narrative.
Oct 29, 2020 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
all i need is a good romance and i'm up for it
Oct 29, 2020 12:42 AM

Mar 2018
I'll probably love a show if they do any of these well:

-Campy shoujo romance (which I lovingly call Shoujo Romance Bullshit). I usually go to romance for the self-indulgence factor. I'm a very over the top person, so to have that in a romance is highly desired.
-Slow-paced thriller. Recently learned I don't like faster paced shows! You'd think after a decade of watching, I'd have learned earlier? Big oops
-Thrillers in general actually Death Note was my first anime, and it really set the tone for what I like. I think if I started with anything other than Death Note, it's likely that I wouldn't have watched more for a while. Something about that just clicks.
-Gay shit without sexual assault or pedophilia (surprisingly hard to find????) I love seeing LGBTQ+ stories in anime, it's great seeing myself be represented! But why do most of them have to be about pedophilia or sexual assault, and romanticizing it?? I just want gay shit without being triggered >:/
-Non-insulting depictions of mental illness (again, surprisingly hard to find??) Okay maybe self-indulgence is a major factor in anime, oh no.

The most important thing, though, is that it has to feel like something's happening. I've dropped so many series because, even if things do happen, it doesn't feel like it.

Edit: Oops! Forgot to add why. Added now :)
beargolferOct 29, 2020 12:47 AM
Oct 29, 2020 3:40 AM

Jul 2014
Dark, cerebral content that taps into sociopolitical and philosophical (typically existential) thematic concerns is my bread and butter. The more distinct its formal approach and the more palpable its atmosphere, the better. I also like macho bullshit with loads of gore, crazy action setpieces and babes. Such is the duality of man.
Take care of yourself

Oct 29, 2020 4:33 AM
Jan 2020
I only care about sex in anime that's my great taste.
Oct 29, 2020 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
Great animation
<30characterlimit>
Oct 29, 2020 7:17 AM

Dec 2018
Well I dislike males in my anime because they are imo so fucking annoying! They often run around screaming being loud violent and making my cute girls cry. Or even worse they try to hump MY females. I dont like it! So best is for my taste are the anime's that are total male free

I therefor prefer strong Yuris or anything with a lot of females or Yuri vibes in it, like Idols or CGDCT. I want my females to be pure and not to much dark stuff either .I really like the pretty anime girls, They are cute and nice to drool over so ecchi is something I often also want lol. The more the lesbians are touching each other the more i enjoy it ofc,, Hehehehehehehe I am a man of culture after all

Bottom of line. I only want my girls and I want it to be gay as hell. Anime girls are so gay=P And those wonderful anime's with lesbian kissing in it are my favorites,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderOct 29, 2020 10:21 AM
Oct 29, 2020 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
slice of crime                                                                                  
Oct 29, 2020 4:50 PM

Sep 2020
definitely character-centric... the more angst the better. i really like when shows explore the connections characters have w each other and more emotional plots. i like a lot of fanfic tropes like soulmates, body swapping, mind reading, etc. so those kinda shows really fascinate me. found family always rocks. i really enjoyed anime like kokoro connect and your name for the same reasons!
Oct 29, 2020 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
Horny, driven & sophisticated.
That about sums it up.
Oct 29, 2020 4:58 PM

Jun 2020
i like three things

romances that arent harems or ecchi, ones that have an overarching theme or are just plain wholesome
psychological shows, ones that are though-provoking
shows that are just plain absurd and fun
Nov 1, 2020 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
- Fantasy of different types, I don't really restrict myself there too much.
- Straight or homosexual romances. I don't care, as long as I like them as characters and a couple.
- Caring a lot for the characters and at best they shouldn't be not just interesting, but also likeable.
- An art styles and colors that are really nice to look at.
- Mostly not too action based or "hyper" or too "crazy".
- Good slice of life in the real world or with fantasy. Both are great.
- Good female characters in it.
- I really like drama too.

More topics from this board

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 8 hours ago

8 by piyowizfoot »»
1 minute ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 37 minutes ago

5 by Catalano »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 8 hours ago

17 by Catalano »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

18 by TeBaTe »»
10 minutes ago

» Cutest Shoujo Main Protagonist

lucaspatrick - Jan 8

49 by 707supremacist »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.