Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2020 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kronen vs Seven...interesting matchup.

Juzo and that arm though. I know he was injured before but the guy isn't going down without a fight. Juzo's fight this episode was one of this best yet if you ask me. What a clash!
Sep 17, 2020 11:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The usage of CGI at the end during the fight was truly incredible, great.
Sep 17, 2020 11:13 AM

Aug 2012
Juzo turned into Doomfist.
Sep 17, 2020 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
Setting up for an intense battle to finish it all off. Cannot wait. Wonder if we're getting a season three soon too. Looks like there is some story stuff to go.
Sep 17, 2020 12:25 PM

Jul 2017
All of Juzo's mistakes done by people and his Hands partner who pulled his trigger to create destruction, it was a costly mistake, and Tetsuro aims to utilize his Harmony for him to make the decisions himself a.k.a pull his trigger (again), what a lad.

Kronen, Juzo and Tetsuro vs. Pepper and Seven with Beruhren's interference, the latter has always been the enemy to face since the very beginning. But even with one arm, Juzo may be down, but not just yet at the end of his life as a tool.

The set-up for the final battle between Juzo and Seven, the last of the Gun Slave Units, but it all is a calculated plan in the hands of Beruhren's top management at Tetsuro's indictivement to use Harmony towards Juzo.

The excessive use of CGI in this episode was kinda decent, but it's the action of the 2nd half that redeems it overall, akin to a game powered by Unreal Engine (it'd be great if the CGI was entirely done by Unreal Engine from the very beginning).

Am not really feeling prepared for the final episode...let this series go out with a bang!
Sep 17, 2020 12:35 PM

Oct 2019
The heavy CG use kinda threw me off, but I like the ending of it. This makes me think this parts gonna end like the last cour, climactic battle before the final episode, and next week will have the more slow paced transitioning episode to the next arc. If we get a future season that is.
Sep 17, 2020 3:15 PM

Sep 2019
the thing that looks kinda weird of the 3d, is that they just put Juzo in the foreground being a 3d model out of nowhere, and the shading of the 3d wasn't even close to the style of the 2d Juzo, still think no guns life would look amazing if it was made on 3d with the right people behind it, they did some decent job, but putting 2d and 3d like that between the characters fighting kinda looks just weird
Carpal_Tunnel69Sep 17, 2020 3:29 PM
Sep 17, 2020 3:44 PM

Oct 2014
Not sure that 4 minute recap of last episode was needed at the start but overall a good episode. Not sure how they're gonna conclude things next week.
Sep 17, 2020 3:50 PM
May 2020
I should have known this would happen....this is the same team and director that did the overlord anime,which is famous for its cgi meltdown. What went wrong madhouse? What happened?
Sep 17, 2020 5:00 PM
Feb 2019
Usually I'm not completely against the usage of cg but I don't like how it looked in this ep at all
Sep 17, 2020 5:40 PM

Feb 2019
After oregairu I needed some good anime to watch today, what a great episode. Poor pepper tho :/ I’m definitely gonna have to peep the manga we
Sep 17, 2020 6:45 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its end, the duel between Seven and Juuzo, ended with the hand of Juuzo victory, without even needed any Hands to pull the trigger. He finally believed himself, accepted himself, to went through every hardness he brought from a harsh past he had. He gave a good lesson for his young lads, to never underestimating the situation at your hand, and paying more attention to his own wishes. The resolution came as clear as crystal. The usaged of 3DCGI really suited well with that kind of battle. Its like theirs opening and ending, and i am satisfied with all of the intensed feeling they finally launched, on this episode.

Yes, that Tetsuro role, to supported Juuzo, to pushed him from behind to actually realized a simple thing that he always miss. A chance to changed, to accepting yourself. The power of trust worthy, the power of friendship, and else. Ofc it could happened because of that Harmony, and from behind Beruhren CEO on plan to retrieved the original Harmony into their side, again . That was some kind of warning that might appeared in front of them. However, with one episode left, i had to worry that its never gonna reach into the resolution without announcing another season.

The last one should be try to solve Pepper problems too. About her stubborness, her worried, her self-doubt, everything must be completely finished at the next one. I just hope she realized her mistake and decided to hop in Juuzo's good side to actually fighting against Beruhren, a basic villain on these series. She was completely being used. However, lets me just see how well they could handle the last one. Let see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 17, 2020 6:59 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ignota said:
The heavy CG use kinda threw me off, but I like the ending of it. This makes me think this parts gonna end like the last cour, climactic battle before the final episode, and next week will have the more slow paced transitioning episode to the next arc. If we get a future season that is.

You were truly right, this is just looks a very like the previous season through its end. Even they used Seven versus Juuzo to be their last battle action too. I found it kinda strange, yet, its happening. Lol. I am smirked reading your comment, but your last sentence surely bug me. I hopefully want, still, the probabillity for this series to continue kinda lacking. The popularity, somehow, not reach a good side on this series to shine....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 17, 2020 7:09 PM

Mar 2010
It is such funny scene with Cronen dragging tetsuro around.
Sep 17, 2020 9:22 PM
Mar 2015
The truth shall set you free
Sep 17, 2020 9:28 PM

Jun 2013
Not gonna lie, the CGI scenes weren't that impressive at all. I was slightly disappointed since I was looking forward to Juzo and Seven's fight. Seven is one of my favorite characters on the show and his fight was meh. Their fight in the first season was much better.
臭い-
Sep 18, 2020 1:22 AM
Mar 2020
Huh, the animation this epsiode was pretty poor, from the gunfire to the Cgi model's shading.
Sep 18, 2020 8:35 AM

Oct 2008
they said Juuzou supposed to be not on par with Seven, but it looks like Juuzou had a sudden power boost because of his friendship with Tetsurou!
4/5.

Sep 18, 2020 7:27 PM
Sep 2015
This scene was pretty badass. Bunch of animation purists in here.
Sep 19, 2020 6:11 AM

Jun 2015
Some excellent imagery and some kick ass story. No Guns quite literally brings the big guns to the party! Poor Pepper, I know shes a wild homicidal lunatic but I felt bad when she had her arm blown off like that. Bless her. I think she just wanted to be noticed.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 19, 2020 7:20 AM

Nov 2019
I dont know how to feel about this episode tbh. There were lots of good things in it but that CGI fight felt very off for some reason. Didnt feel the impact unlike in the CGI ED. Also, the fight was kinda short? I feel like the fight in the previous epiosdes were done better. Thats just my opinion tho.
Sep 19, 2020 11:31 AM

Sep 2017
Had a feeling pepper was gonna get blasted this ep. But man just how much machinery can they fit in a single extended lol. The very CG fight was alright looking.
Sep 19, 2020 7:44 PM

Aug 2016
I just want to say that 3D is not bad but you know what happens, if you want to make a 3D anime only do it in 3D and not put from 2D to 3D in the same Anime, that only ruins the show.
Sep 19, 2020 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
The CG was meh, the rest is great.

The chick’s arm got blasted lol
Sep 20, 2020 12:10 AM

Jul 2016
Tetsurou sure was smooth with his lines this episode. Wasn't expecting I would take such a liking for this idealistic kid.

Well, Juuzou didn't go berserk against Seven but managed to come to terms with most of his inner demons, which is even better.

Now on the other hand and though I don't really like both Seven and Pepper's characters, the latter's constant rambling about being noticed made me feel kinda curious about her backstory. Wonder if we will have a glimpse of it in the finale.
Sep 20, 2020 10:37 AM

May 2018
Not one to complain about CGI but damn, that was not good, the Ending is so much better at it.
Sep 20, 2020 10:46 AM

Oct 2019
matias067 said:
they said Juuzou supposed to be not on par with Seven, but it looks like Juuzou had a sudden power boost because of his friendship with Tetsurou!
4/5.

I think you missed a point, it was said that Juzo without unlocking his GSU abilities is not on par with Seven, we saw how he got completely obliterated last time. That was why Spitzbergen wanted Tetsuro to control Juzo in the first place.
Sep 20, 2020 12:20 PM

Apr 2018
What a good episode, that four-minute recap wasn't really needed but it set up for a big fight. Funke Faust and Doppel Zwei were sick ass moves from Juzo. Poor pepper tho I wonder if she survives.
Sep 21, 2020 3:46 AM

Jul 2016
matias067 said:
4/5.

I thin they were saying he was not on par because he could not access all his power without a hands.

They also said he was a unique one so I reckon as number 13 he is stronger than the rest anyway.
Sep 21, 2020 6:38 PM

Feb 2011
An underwhelming anime leading up to a very underwhelming and disappointing climax is all I can say.
Sep 22, 2020 9:15 PM

Oct 2017
Things got pretty serious at the end there damn. Just one more epi to go, wonder how this will be wrapped up.
Sep 26, 2020 9:13 AM

Jul 2008
Well it doesn't look like the show gets resolved next episode.

The Berhausen (spelling) leaders planned for this fight to happen, and Tetsuro to escape and use harmony from the get go?

You don't just drop nuclear bombs like that and expect everything to get resolved in 1 episode.
Sep 27, 2020 6:35 AM

Nov 2008
So, if i got this right, that difference between Unit 13 and the others that professor talked about turned out to be the ability to pull it's own trigger, right? I'm disappointed in how showdown between Seven and Juzo turned out to be as well. That exchange of couple powerful punches was rather anticlimactic. The fight against Mega-Armed in season 1 was much more dynamic and interesting. Hell, even the ending does a better job at showing an entertaining fight than what we got this episode.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Oct 1, 2020 3:55 PM

Aug 2018
Besides feeling slower, the CG wasn't that bad, just a bit jarring.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Oct 4, 2020 7:42 PM

Feb 2018
The cgi took me out of the fight a little bit, but tbh, it could've been a lot worse. I've been enjoying this season a lot more than the first and I look forward to the finale. Hopefully a season 3 happens because this has been a pretty good show.
Nov 23, 2020 6:11 PM

Aug 2017
It was a good episode but they could made Seven more interesting than just simping for Pepper.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 31, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2016
The heavy 3D CGI during the fight at the end was a little weird to put in. It looked cool but it seemed forced.

I guess we're going into the last episode with Seven v. Juzo, and more stuff about Tetsuro it seems
Jan 15, 2021 11:20 PM
Oct 2019
Is CGI cheaper than traditional animation? I don't understand why shows use it. It never looks "good". It didn't ruin the episode or anything, but it was unnecessary; distracting. Anime CGI just always looks cheap.

How is 7 a Gunslave? Was there really a child gunslave in the war? Pepper wasn't his original hands, right? Regardless, Pepper is fine af. But she creeps me the f out. She's psychotic...which might be kinda fun, buuut no...

I've enjoyed season 1 more despite continuing to get more answers in season 2. Curious how it ends and how it sets up "season 3". Even though I don't expect there will be a season 3.
Feb 11, 2021 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
Really disappointed in the fight as I was looking forward to it. While the weapons they use are pretty cool, I found the fight pretty underwhelming especially because of the use of immersion breaking CGI. Well at least nice to see Tetsuro help Juuzo by making him follow his own advice and is now able to pull his own trigger instead of putting it on others.

Sep 4, 2022 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
That was some Overlord 3 level of CGI there, not a fan of that. I hate it when girls like Pepper say "I want someone to look at me"... I'm sure she just has to walk 5 seconds through the streets like that to have lots of eyes on her, that shit makes no sense.
Mar 24, 3:38 AM
Jun 2013
that was sure a CGI fight and seven got reked. Also I guess revolvers are as smooth as ken dolls.

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Ashhk - Jul 23, 2020

36 by Kayarbee70 »»
Mar 30, 5:55 PM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

50 by souledge94 »»
Mar 25, 5:12 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2020

32 by souledge94 »»
Mar 23, 4:34 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2020

28 by souledge94 »»
Mar 22, 5:46 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

29 by souledge94 »»
Mar 17, 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.