Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 14, 2020 11:58 PM
Nov 2017
This is probably the most rushed anime of the year, animation is amazing tho
Sep 15, 2020 12:42 AM
Dec 2018
Amazing episode as always!
I got goosebumps at the scene Ilpyo kicked to the "sky" woww O.O
Mujin and GOH keep got disturbed by Nox, then finally Mujin says "FCK IT, GOH IS OVER" time for waaaarrr

Can't wait for next episode
Sep 15, 2020 2:32 AM
Apr 2020
Whoa! Mori defeated Nine Tails Ilpyo! Is Mori that strong?! And what's wrong with Jegal Taek?! So problematic! Ilpyo transitioned into Dark Ilpyo! I guess we'll see the true power of The Key next episode.

Sep 15, 2020 2:38 AM

May 2017
Holy shit man, this one was really good !
Sep 15, 2020 2:41 AM

Jan 2020
So, apparently Jin lost to Park in the webtoon? Looks like I have to read the webtoon in order to find out how many changes Studio MAPPA made.
Sep 15, 2020 2:54 AM

Oct 2017
Coldpain said:
I just don't understand why every characters in this show have like 100 durability? Some guy and maid get stabbed in the chest like nothing happen

Ikr, maid got stabbed in chest, eaten alive, and then come out unscratched when the demon spit her out. HOW?

And then those 2 useless sidekicks lost their arm/ leg just like that even though in earlier episode that mage guy got hurt way more horribly from the shark guy, yet all his limbs are intact? HOW?
Sep 15, 2020 2:55 AM

Oct 2017
bangnaldo said:
I feel like the people leaving negative comments simply just hate this show, but somehow keep watching until there's only 2 eps left. It's kinda normal that things don't make sense because shit is going down and we're being exposed to these organizations who work in the background for the first time. Also, this anime only adapts the beginning of the webtoon so ofc they won't reveal everything... we gotta go read it later or wait for more seasons.

I feel like the people leaving positive comment on this just don't care about story/ plot/ character and only care about flashy animation.

Kinda normal things don't make sense in an anime? How many shit shows have you watched to get this conclusion?
Sep 15, 2020 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
I am still enjoying it but not as much as before. I feel like the first few episodes are better. I am not far into the webtoon but even I feel like they're changing so much and packing everything into a 20-in-1 Swiss knife and it's a bit overwhelming and I cannot appreciate each and every aspect on its own.

I'm also confused by the end, I read somewhere that charyeok powers can only kill or absorb other charyeok? When Jugok and Jegal fought in the ring, his giant jaws chomped the hell out of him and he didn't die but now he's dead? Why didn't he die the first time? Why did it affect the other two, Il-pyo's friends, if they don't have charyeok?
臭い-
Sep 15, 2020 3:53 AM

Jul 2016
Metallica_Nero said:
10/10 Comedy episode

I can't even tell if things are supposed to be serious or this is just a parody anymore

Action parody much like one punch man
Sep 15, 2020 4:23 AM

Apr 2012
Holy shit!!! This episode was sick, the best so far
Sep 15, 2020 4:31 AM

Dec 2012
"The story is the same as in the manwha i read so everything i know will happen" = woah, perfect anime, everything makes perfect sense, i understand all narrative elements and appreciate the structure and perfect pacing, best manwha of all time

"The story was changed from the manwha i read so i don't know what will happen" = 0/10 shit anime, i don't understand anything that is happening, what is all of this, pacing is shit and nothing makes sense, what is chakryeok, ToG was miles better

Meanwhile, non-manwha readers: woah, cool sakuga, hype.

tl;dr: this thread.
Sep 15, 2020 5:29 AM

Jan 2008
Never expected a hentai monster but I guess shark beats tentacles.
Sep 15, 2020 5:37 AM

Oct 2016
I am watching like 10 shows this season and this is definitely the one i enjoy the least. I should be able to enjoy a pure action show but, for some reason I can't bring myself to enjoy this much except a few episodes. Like this episode, I understood what was going on but, like why though lmao. It's all flashy, rushed and no substance. Don't get me wrong, the production value is good and it is still enjoyable but, there is something missing I don't know.
Sep 15, 2020 5:47 AM
Aug 2020
postblitz said:
"The story is the same as in the manwha i read so everything i know will happen" = woah, perfect anime, everything makes perfect sense, i understand all narrative elements and appreciate the structure and perfect pacing, best manwha of all time

"The story was changed from the manwha i read so i don't know what will happen" = 0/10 shit anime, i don't understand anything that is happening, what is all of this, pacing is shit and nothing makes sense, what is chakryeok, ToG was miles better

Meanwhile, non-manwha readers: woah, cool sakuga, hype.

tl;dr: this thread.

Ain’t you the one crying about everyone not understanding the episode, and the whole “webtoon elitist” thing LMFAO
Ofcool2947Sep 15, 2020 5:50 AM
Sep 15, 2020 7:24 AM

Sep 2019
Just what the hell is going on? This is just crap ass show. Without Crunchyroll supporting this would've be in the trash long ago.
Sep 15, 2020 7:47 AM
Jul 2020
Solid episode, but this has gone way too far of a 'highschool battle tournament' Like, the animations is the only thing saving the show at this point..
Sep 15, 2020 10:05 AM
Oct 2019
would be cool if this was like ep. 19 or 20 instead of 11. still an enjoyable ep
Sep 15, 2020 10:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome episode! Visually, that is. I don't think the anime creators are trying to make sense at this point but the glorious animation is just a treat week in and week out. Kudos to MAPPA for one-upping themselves with every episode!

Pretty tense developments in that 2nd half though and looks like the final showdown is finally coming!

Damn, that Kyuubi form though lol. That was literally Naruto v Sasuke towards the end of the fight between Ilpyo-san and Mori.

Just two more episodes to go...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 15, 2020 11:34 AM

Mar 2017
I hate Jegal with a passion and it's sad that Seungah & Heyonbok lost limbs but I was actually thankful that Jegal was there cause otherwise things could've been so much worse. Still hope Ilpyo kicks his ass good though haha

I feel like screaming "What are you doing?!" at Mujin & The Commissioners... they've been looking for the key through The God Of High School yet they haven't really protected the participants. I mean, they know 100% that Ilpyo is The Key and yet he's not being protected well at all!

I'm really curious about how Jin has an ability that's stronger than the nine-tails... at first, I thought he's Charyeok might be 'God' but now I think that's pretty unlikely. I loved that wholesome 'nii-san' scene between Ilypo and Jin ❤
Sep 15, 2020 11:46 AM
Dec 2016
kaiser17 said:
Man they changed everything from webtoon. At cost of making jin look badass they made park pathetic.

I thought I was the only one who noticed, didn’t Mira beat park, not mori and and and.... I don’t even want to talk about it
Sep 15, 2020 1:23 PM

Jul 2019
And the name giving show is already over and things are getting preped for S2. This is just too condensed and chaotic.

The emotional relationship of Park and Mori gave the episode at least a nice touch.
Sep 15, 2020 1:36 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was disappointing, I kind of expected something interesting to happen but no, that was confused and it was not interesting at all.
Sep 15, 2020 2:28 PM

May 2019
I'm getting bored with this series, Jin Mori should lose instead getting a plot armor that really doesn't make sense. and also the story is like there is no purpose and pacing was bad.
2/5
"the greatest anime fight"

Sep 15, 2020 2:29 PM
May 2018
To be completely honest the webtoon was better in terms of setting up Jin Mori's awakening.
Sep 15, 2020 2:53 PM
Aug 2020
This episode was not it, it puts the real story of GOH in shame, webtoon mori > anime mori, at least in the webtoon he’s a decent cool not over powered ass pull power character unlike his anime counterpart, although his anime design looks a bit better
Sep 15, 2020 5:20 PM

Jul 2013
Ok I came here expecting some martial arts instead I get this lol. It ain't bad per se though. Cause wtf was that? We've got kyubi over here and whatever Jin Mori is. Also, this show is kinda like demon slayer in a sense that it would get light hearted then boom you'd be reminded how brutal this show can be. People would die gruesomely, some lose limbs and shit like that. I love it.
Sep 15, 2020 6:15 PM
Jul 2016
Everyone in this anime has bones made from vibranium specially sourced from Wakanda and 110% durability stats.

All these 'god' powers function the same as regular punch and kick just really colourful and flashy.
Sep 15, 2020 6:50 PM

Feb 2017
literally wtf is happening? haven't been feeling this series since like episode 3 or 4 and now i just have no idea whats even going on anymore. i didn't even remember who jin was fighting at the beginning of the episode and i have no clue who the guy in the hospital was.

also hahhahhhghaa nine tails nice naruto reference hehahhaheha naruto

placeholder text
Sep 15, 2020 7:45 PM
Oct 2013
This is next level shit, and I mean literally. They should stick with fighting which at least makes it watchable. If they want to keep the milking this manhwa, I hope it will be either retcon or reboot. Just want to see how it ends, to be honest.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Sep 15, 2020 8:15 PM

May 2015
Wtf is even happening at this point? Like this shit is barely even coherent. Watching how bad this adaptation is failing at actually adapting the source is really making me worry about AoT S4. Hopefully a lot of this has to do with CR being involved, because if this is MAPPA's fault, then ohhh boy...

Sep 15, 2020 8:25 PM

Mar 2019
Good Episode...

But this series need to go back to the real fighting and combat scenes, and not just dust, wind and lights all over the screen...

Still going UP and DOWN between episodes...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 15, 2020 8:38 PM

Aug 2017
Looks like in the original source, Mori was going to lose unlike the anime lmao, Idk why they changed that, it looks like an asspull for no reason. I understood what was going on but I didn't care at all due to the chaotic pacing and forgettable characters doing forgettable things. No idea why the arena or the place were not evaporated after those God level attacks and yeah, they still don't explain why viewers don't say anything about the obvious supernatural powers. Also, how Ilpyo still can fight while while he was recovering? wtf!!!

The only thing that I liked was Mori and Ilpyo friendship. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2020 9:11 PM
Aug 2020
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Wtf is even happening at this point? Like this shit is barely even coherent. Watching how bad this adaptation is failing at actually adapting the source is really making me worry about AoT S4. Hopefully a lot of this has to do with CR being involved, because if this is MAPPA's fault, then ohhh boy...

Don’t worry cause it’s just crunchyroll’s fault since they failed to provide the sufficient amount of episodes given to mappa, mappa is a great studio, crunchyroll is the worst production committee, but luckily AOT won’t have crunchyroll as production committee and it’d probably be a different company which would handle the budget better, so it’s safe to say AOT is in good hands
Sep 15, 2020 10:59 PM

Jul 2016
The supposed "Key" being hyped to no end just to be defeated by the protagonist, concluding the fight in one blow with his convenient power up.

And also what the hell with the "supposedly dead" musician dude turning into a demon? My god, this story progression has become so chaotic and the lack of proper explanations is even ruining the little enjoyment I get from the fights. By the way, blue-haired shithead couldn't kill him twice before so why would I think he's dead for real now?

Terrible episode overall. Almost on par with the one featuring Mira getting married.
Sep 17, 2020 5:26 AM

Mar 2015
It looks like Jin's new power is borrowed from Wukong, the Monkey King :o For foreigners they may have a hard time to understand what's going on, but he's a very famous god in China, and known in most Asian tales.
Sep 17, 2020 8:44 AM

Apr 2020
The story is getting hotter and more exciting, I'm really sorry to see Ilpyo's friends, they lost their arms and legs
Sep 17, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2018
Another good episode. Lol the Illpyo guy stole the Kyuubi from Naruto xD
Sep 17, 2020 11:22 AM
Sep 2018
definitely in my top 5.
Sep 17, 2020 6:39 PM

Aug 2018
That was the most disappointing fight since S3 of seven deadly sins...
Sep 17, 2020 8:15 PM

Jul 2020
Yes, the series was a clickbait. By far the WORST anime episode I have ever seen. The show now not only has no story or plot, now it lost the only good thing it had: the animation. Pathetic. My first 1/5 episode in my life. RIP The God of Clickbait
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Sep 18, 2020 7:34 AM

Jul 2012
this show... istg
also someone kick that Jegal in the face already. I didn't think I could hate that guy more but here we are
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Sep 19, 2020 3:55 AM
Dec 2019
i don't know what's going on anymore :/
but more Tsuda Kenjiro is always good :)
Sep 19, 2020 4:17 AM

Jan 2019
yeah cool cant wait for it to end in 2 eps
Sep 19, 2020 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
so now that GOH is officially over by the boss's decision, Mori will get to fight Ilpyo again just as promised lol...that was fast (I am just assuming since it seems that Ilpyo loses control over his charyeok and would go on a rampage, leaving our protagonists to stop him, probably)
Sep 19, 2020 3:27 PM
Apr 2020
MAN GOD OF HIGHSCHOOL STARTED TO NEVER MISS. THEY KEEP OVERWHELMING US WITH THESE CONTENTS.
This anime showed us that the figure of fighting scenes are clearly not to only show off animations or to hype things up but rather having a message or a sense on what the characters are they fighting for.

Jin vs Illpyo that was a unexpected rivalry right there. Illpyo be borrowing Kurama from Naruto tho. So it was a nine-tailed fox that destroyed half of the heavens huh? How big was the heaven that he got only got smoked by Jin but jokes aside and getting into the real topic (Please don’t flame me I don’t really know how strong the fox is neither Jin’s charyeok). Man I really expected that charyeok of Jin, I was really expecting that he would summon Zeus from those lightning effects but he proceeds to smash Illpyo like a squash and that concluded simply concluded the match.

Afterwards do-re-mi guy got infected by the existence/awakening of the charyeoks that led him becoming a man-eater. Thanks to the maid distracting the monster Jegal got a lot of openings to strike him instantly (Man this guys charyeok is spontaneous it could appear out of nowhere even inside your body.) But that was enough he even consumed the maid for greater power and Jegal and Ilpyo tried to defeat it as soon as possible but sadly Illpyo friends got consumed and Jegal ended up killing the monter but at the same time losing the arm and leg of Ilpyo friends and ultimately him raging to kill Jegal.

Can’t wait for episode 12. Definetly gonna the read the manhwa after this.
Sep 20, 2020 4:41 AM
Jun 2019
good episode even though the pacing has been weird and the season has packed a lot in it looks like the next episode will finally be the episode. Can't wait for tomorrow!
Sep 20, 2020 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
No other words for this ep other than it was amazing.
Lots of subverting of expectations. Really wasn't expecting the tournament to end like that. Also, while I haven't read the manhwa and agree that Jin losing would have made more sense, the way it was done was great because it shows it was never about the tournament to begin with. Every episode gets me excited for the next, what more could you ask for :) 10/10
Sep 21, 2020 9:32 AM
Mar 2015
Jin outfoxed Park
Sep 22, 2020 6:05 AM

Jul 2016
Trashy episode as usual. The fight looks worse with weird cut and character design looks ugly as usual. The story is jumbled mess and power scaling is over the top bad. The number asspull and deus ex machina is off the charts. The power being possess by a demon and deity is seems random. How they get it. How they summon the fantasy monsters and power when the premise is about the city in Korea. Overall bad episode.

Sep 22, 2020 3:09 PM

Feb 2018
The main battle was fantastics in this episode, and a great reminder of why I'm watching this series.
But the parallel story developing is just a lot of BS I couldn't care less with characters we don't know a thing.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

489 by vladyatsuk »»
Yesterday, 5:07 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 10, 2020

173 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
May 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

239 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 7:21 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

291 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.