Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2020 7:58 AM

May 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I personally liked it a lot. Great animation and voicing as always.
Aug 3, 2020 8:00 AM

Feb 2019
Bro who tf cutting onions? That was a beautiful episode both stylistically and message wise. The fight choreography and animation during Jin v Han was absolutely amazing. Coupled with the backstory about his friend and gradually accepting Mira and Jin over the course of the fight got me tearing up. One of my fave eps of the year.

If only friends like in anime existed.
Aug 3, 2020 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
unecessary flashback in between the fights was irritating
Aug 3, 2020 8:01 AM

Jul 2017
After the BIG OOF cliffhanger that is Daewi's full-on annihilation against Mira, the memories of his past life linger in red, crimson blood, of his disease-stricken friend Woo Seung-Tae. A gang lord in high school through and through, the friend-in-arms is the one who pulled him through the harshes of life, and the punishment, the damage cost from the tournament.

Group B's match of Renewal Takewondo Jin Mori vs. Brazilian Jiujitsu Byun Jae-Hee...WOW what a SHORT fight, TOO SHORT...for a 10 second preview for an entire chapter.

Mira is recovering OK, but clearly Daewi's advancement was pressured for his friend, a wish for a friend-in-arms.

And finally, the finals between Jin and Daewi (as always when it comes to spending limited time for the highlight). Pulling no fake punches there though, mostly one-sided fights now. It's of such atrocity that the wish could not be made in time, much less Daewi's desperation to pull through to beat Jin down.

As if his desperation was taking over the biggest fight of his life, Mira came over to give Daewi some inspiration from his now-deceased friend to finish this match to the very end. The calligraphy visuals was a very nice aesthetic I've gotta say, for living up to the hype of the Webtoon. A fight of idiotic friendship, haha, but the stance is true between the trio.

The Judges have figured out Daewi and Jin's game: Jin Mori isn't just part of the "Tiger Cub", but Daewi is too. And we may have new characters along the way...what game-changing tactics do these people have to bring in the game? We'll find out soon enough...
Aug 3, 2020 8:02 AM

Oct 2017
A short backstory to start the episode which was nice but the main part of this episode was Mori Jin vs Daewi Han. Surprisingly the fight was done pretty well. Both of their moves were sick but a bit exaggerated XD. Daewi fought well but it's a win for our boy Mori. That last scene with all three of them were sweet.
Aug 3, 2020 8:05 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Another rushed episode, but that being said, it was a decent episode nonetheless.

I didn't expect the big showdown to be until the second half of the episode, but it started a quarter way in. The fight started out pretty dope, but the ending was a little anti-climactic. Neat addition though, in the middle of the fight, they utilized a weird art style which i assume was depicting more of a Manhwa art-style (I have never read one, so I may be mistaken) and it started out very abstract and then got more detailed. While there were lazier parts of the fight, it still contained an abundance of well choreographed moments.

Like I said, it ended pretty abruptly and definitely could have left some of the friends backstory out to make the episode flow more smoothly and have a more intense fight, without breaking away every other minute to another flashback. Also, I really am not a fan of how cool martial arts turns into teleporting and energy beams and whatnot, but I understand that, being an anime, what else could one expect.
Aug 3, 2020 8:06 AM

Apr 2020
Woah, the battle between Mori and Daewi is pretty good

Daewi's friend is dead, I feel sorry for Daewi, but Daewi's friend left a message, and the message made Daewi better

Mori's attack in the last part was really epic, he destroyed about 30% of the arena

I'm glad to see the three of them laugh together again
Aug 3, 2020 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Holy fuck what a final match. Honestly epic.

Now I'm curious where we go from here, looking like even more tough matches ahead. Cannot wait.
Aug 3, 2020 8:12 AM
Sep 2015
Why his friend has to die, I don't like that. I don't like death. Can this give me disney ending? Can his friend be secretly revived, I can accept if he becomes a masked villain but don't let him die. This is the worst episode yet.
Aug 3, 2020 8:14 AM
Oct 2016
This episode was so emotional. My eyes were glued the whole time watching these two tiger cubs battle. Highly anticipated the match up between Mori and Daewi. Two of the most brutal fighters in this tournament finally having to face one another. After how Daewi ended the match last episode with Mira I was ready to see Mori put him in his place. Throughout the episode with the flashbacks to how Daewi and his friend came to knew each other made me really sad. Daewi had something truly precious to fight for. I can understand why he was so ruthless with Mira and now with Mori. Love how this story has made me care for our trio. Sucks that his friend his gone but Daewi definitely isn't alone anymore.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the incredible animation this episode too!! Was hoping they'd go all out making this look mind blowing and I was so happy they did! The fight cut around the flashbacks worked so well. The end to their fight with the calligraphy art was so cool. Loved how their fight went, a true slugfest. Now that the Seoul preliminaries over its time to see what Mori can do against the new teased characters.
Aug 3, 2020 8:19 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Overall, having his friend die was the correct decision for the story and characters, even though it was sad. I'm glad that they didn't pull a sudden reversal on that score. I didn't get the feel of high school delinquent from Han Daewi, but it does make sense with the random people always bothering him in the present as he works his jobs. The idea that he'd never thought of Jin or Yoo as friends makes me confused as to why he would go to the wedding and try to disrupt it (unless he had already made the deal with Mr. Shady and knew that he needed to fight Yoo and win in order to have his friend be treated.)
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 3, 2020 8:22 AM

Jul 2020
It was a good episode, nothing too crazy except for the part when they switched to first-person perspective for a few seconds.

I really think it would be cool if they did that more often.

Migi... Handle the defense.

Aug 3, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2019
RIP Daewi's bro

Some nice sakuga at the end. The sakuga kinda carries this show.
Aug 3, 2020 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
it failed short of becoming too emotional there ah well still great episode

the direction or execution is lacking on this show lol

nice that Daewi have new friends now

guess that Daewi is the loner/emo/serious type like Vegeta/Sasuke while Mori is the easygoing/simple-minded/friendly type like Goku/Naruto

Aug 3, 2020 8:32 AM
Jun 2019
Theoretical if i had actually cared about the characters or the show spent time with them, with good writing, this wouldve beeen a great episode - even with its slightly problematic pacing issues.

Nov 2011
Jin's definitely the type of fighter who doesn't go down easily. But at the same time, the episode revealed more of Han's background story, which is kinda interesting I guess. He fits the type of badass archetype you'd find in this type of show.

I wasn't sure who to cheer up for in the fight tbh but Hans seems more like an interesting character than Jin.

Heh, the fight had some artistic style to it in the final few minutes.

Jun 2020
If only they'd keep this up for other episodes as well. This episode puts the last one to shame. Please be consistent from now on MAPPA.

The calligraphy style animation when they resumed fighting was amazing. Let's keep this up so I don't have to rate this anime a 5.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jul 2018
kaiser17 said:
unecessary flashback in between the fights was irritating

"Laughs in Naruto"
Aug 3, 2020 8:34 AM

Aug 2013
Jin vs Daewi was a great fight. Loved it.

Now that Seoul's preliminary is over, I guess we can expect more amazing fights.

Aug 3, 2020 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
Anyone else felt the music in the scenes was kinda weak?
Aug 3, 2020 8:36 AM

Dec 2013
From start to the end this episode was had me on the edge of my seat.

They really did go all out with the action in this episode. I really like the changes in art in the later parts of the fight.
Aug 3, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
Better than the last episode as it mostly focused on one fight and artistically, looked good. I like the calligraphy touches that were maintained from the webtoon and brought to life when mixed with the action-packed choreography.

But the actual drama and flashbacks felt super rushed especially after the last episode, and that subplot really fell completely flat with no emotion brought out from me whatsoever. The music in the fight too was really bad and lacked any sort of flair and intensity that the visuals managed to bring out.

I couldn't care at all for the friendship thing at the end since they badly rushed and wrote out the chemistry prior to this so all of this just feels plastic to me, but at least the fact that there was way more action and less bland, bullshit storytelling or a minimum of 'trying to write stuff that feels severely out of place compared to last week', makes this a small improvement. Still hate the show but minor credit I'll give where credit's due.
Aug 3, 2020 8:47 AM

Nov 2010
This episode was heaps better than the previous. Good action.

Also that smooth Italian vanilla gelato voice by Tsuda Kenjiro at the end. I wonder what kind of character it is this time - last boss?
Rinji-Aug 3, 2020 8:56 AM
Aug 3, 2020 8:53 AM

Oct 2019
Easily the best episode so far for me, really curios to see where it goes next.
Aug 3, 2020 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
I had to be honest with myself before starting this episode: Why am I still watching this? The only reason I had to keep going was for the action/fights. And maaaaaaan was this delivered in this episode.

Of course there are massive problems with this episode but when I'm on my meathead shit all that other stuff will be my last priority.

And this moment:

just beautiful.

This was the first time I can actually hear the OST and it was really good.
Aug 3, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
well that was a nice final episode, an amazing ep long fight scene and a great end to this 5 ep OVA series wow 40/10

....oh wait there's still more eps
Aug 3, 2020 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
Nice fight scenes, backstory nothing special overall nice episode
Aug 3, 2020 9:09 AM

Mar 2016
It wasn't a completely deplorable episode, but the whole pacing of the story and just the quickfix generic "friendship" setup to begin with just makes the episode feel plastic, even though the ink-drawing animation choice was pretty cool, imo. I want to like and feel for Han, but there just isn't really enough to make me care more about his motivation then and now. Oh yea, the awful tonal shifts continue....like seriously, they're trying to make a heavy scene with emotional music in the bg, and you got fucking Jin arguing in the back with the announcers, chibi style (yet again)....like wtf.

It would've been a better decision imo to extend Han's character segment to at least two or three episodes, but with how the plot has had no time to "breathe", in addition to the growing number of unanswered plot points, it just feels wasted.

Oh yea, more new characters being introduced all the sudden -_-
Aug 3, 2020 9:09 AM

Apr 2007
Amazing episode. Great action and I just love characters like Daewi. I'm glad they added some flashbacks with his dead friend to help understand their friendship. Putting them before the fight would have been better, but I didn't mind the in-between. It still had the emotional impact imo.

On the other hand I wish I could enjoy the main trio's friendship more, but it's hard with how rushed this series is. Just have to deal I guess :v
Aug 3, 2020 9:10 AM
Jul 2020
aww this was a sweet episode :)
Aug 3, 2020 9:13 AM

Jul 2014
Holy shit best episode so far
Aug 3, 2020 9:23 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Great fight scene between Daewi and Jin.
Aug 3, 2020 9:27 AM
Apr 2019
A decent episode. The flashback was not fleshed up properly due to being rushed. Nevertheless, those fight scenes makes up the anime adaptation.
Aug 3, 2020 9:32 AM

Jan 2016
this episode was great compared to the disappointing last week's episode
Aug 3, 2020 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
kaiser17 said:
Anyone else felt the music in the scenes was kinda weak?

Honestly I don't even remember the music lol There was music at all?
Apr 2020

i think this was the best episode so far, althought they cut a lot scene from webtoon..

Mar 2019
Okay episode. Definitely not the best non sequel currently airing would have to give that one to misfit.
Aug 3, 2020 9:38 AM

Apr 2020
Well, at leas this flashback was much better than Mira's. Great episode.

Still bothers me the fact that the other competitors are weak as fuck compared to the main's, and what the hell was that BJJ?? Was more like to kung fu or something else far way from jiu jitsu.

Hope this tournament was only a warm up, cause there were only 2 good fights so far.
I neither agree nor disagree, on the contrary.
Aug 3, 2020 9:39 AM
Oct 2012
Where's the hate
Is everyone gonna pretend the show is good again
Blah
Aug 3, 2020 9:40 AM

Jun 2015
What a boring ass fight. The flashbacks between the fights was pretty dumb and I just didn't care about it.
Aug 3, 2020 9:41 AM
Apr 2019
Definitely better than last,
Well animation is good, but you know there was no effect, like when they were kicking one I need to feel the effect that it’s actually kicked, a thing which Mamoru Oshii excels at, instaed we git typical sound effect to showcase that. Anyway, good episode
Aug 3, 2020 9:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very good development for Daewi, RIP his friend, but like he said at the end he realizes that he's not alone and that Jin and Mori are his friends too, sure it was emotional.
Aug 3, 2020 9:51 AM
Oct 2018
Beautifully animated episode, actually cried a bit from the loss of a close friend but also learning that he has 2 amazing friends by his side.
Aug 3, 2020 9:57 AM
Mar 2015
Better than the last ep, but still an absolute joke. All this time they keep setting up Daewi looking superior, only for him to lose to some random new move. Nevermind that Jin took several full blows from the tortoise, got visible injuries and is still jumping around like there's no tomorrow.

Speaking of tortoise, I legit feel like I'm watching Bay Blade when I'm watching this lmao

Well, I said I'll keep watching to find out what happens to the cancer guy and we just found out, soooo, smell ya later, I'm dropping this.
Aug 3, 2020 10:04 AM

Oct 2019
This was probably the first episode of the show that impressed me. The fight between the two was by far their best one. So many emotions put into the fight which made it much more engaging. I loved the different art styles introduced as well. And that ending was very powerful.

Very monumental improvement over the disaster of last weeks episode. Bravo
Aug 3, 2020 10:08 AM

May 2020
There's a river in my eyes, holy god, that EP was amazing, Jin is the best MC.
Aug 3, 2020 10:17 AM
Dec 2018
I WANNA HUG DAEWI OMG
THANKS FOR TELLING US HIS STORY, I SEE HIM REALLY ADORE HIS FRIEND BUT HE IS DEAD NOW I WANNA CRYYYYYY
Aug 3, 2020 10:22 AM
Dec 2019
This episode was amazing. Much better than last weeks tbh. We got more on Daewi's story, which is good because tbh I didn't know how to feel about him after last episode... Still kinda on the edge but ill get over what he did to Mira. The fighting was amazing, and the EMOTIONS THAT WERE HIT. I was shedding tears for half of that, and im so so so glad that they are officially friends. I hope we see more wholesome moments.

Also, Jin Mori is just a badass omg.
Aug 3, 2020 10:23 AM
Feb 2020
ESPECTACULAR EPISODE! Not only for the fight itself but for the great background it had!
Aug 3, 2020 10:31 AM

Oct 2019
this episode was fking amazing
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.