Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2020 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
> I just love your big muscles!

Lol. Weird episode but a very energetic one. Jin is the main protagonist here and honestly, he seems like an airhead but a kind guy, willing to help others. First episode had some rapid chereography especially with the scenes on the road. Seems this show is going to be one with a lot of action not just by the premise by but the directing. There's also the battle royale theme thing going on in this show.

Pretty fun start. The OP theme song kinda reminds me of the one from Tower of God.
Jul 6, 2020 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
What a great premiere, even better than Tower of God, I must say. A Korean mangaka, with MAPPA's Korean director Park Seong Ho, really hit it out of the park!

Seeing protagonist Jin Mori doing his eccentric stuff, it all screams comedy aloof, AND I LOVE IT. Adding to it, Yu Mira's hot entrance, and Han Daewi's astounding presence, and these 3 students are in for a tournament arc of their lives, starting with a battle royale for the "last man standing". And it's a battle with no rules, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING GOES LIKE NORMAL.

Definitely a nice and rapping OST, music composer Arisa Okehazama making her debut VERY STRONG, along with the newbie VAs who did a tremendous job living up to the hype.

Looking forward to more of God of High School, I can already tell this will be one of the best of the Summer season!
KANLen09Jul 6, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 6, 2020 7:53 AM

Oct 2017
After the recent underwhelming TOG anime adaptation I was worried how this might turn out but MAPPA delivered to us a good first episode.

OP/ED were seriously both great and I just freaking love the ED song.

Lol just the start and they already skipped some contents and changed a few things too. The intro of Mori Jin, Daewi Han and Mira Yoo were skipped and the start of the tournament was changed. Thou overall this episode was pretty good.

The voices suit the characters. Specially Mori Jin's voice really suits his carefree nature.

Character design and artsyle's same as the webtoon even the nose XD so it felt like I was watching the webtoon moving.

Better start than TOG anime adaptation but compared to the webtoon this is surely lacking. Nonetheless I'm hyped to see GOH finally animated.
MegamiRemJul 11, 2020 11:09 PM
Jul 6, 2020 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
i'm so ready for this anime..great first episode
Jul 6, 2020 7:59 AM

Apr 2020
Oh my god Crunchyroll. It seems like there are so many people who are waiting also for this, and the server crashed. Dang. I only saw the op and it was goddamn banger. I hope it's not just overhype, and I hope the pacing is better than ToG.

Edit:
All I can say is wow. I'm not really fond of martial arts battles so I'm really a newbie in terms of this, but the choreography and animation really was amazing. I hope it'll be consistent. As for the pacing, I like it but the manwha introduction is far greater. They didn't add the
. The only thing that bothers me is Han's eyes and their nose but the nevermind. The soundtracks was really damn great. It really deserve to be a long-run anime. 1 cour is not enough. Let's see how this turns out.

P.S: It seems like MAPPA can really handle the final season of AOT. The studio itself is slapping it to us.
RegulusXJul 7, 2020 10:15 AM
Jul 6, 2020 8:01 AM

Feb 2019
That opening is a fucking bangerrr, feels like a Martin Garrix song

The future is certainly bright for manhwa with this and ToG. This first episode was straight fire. Crazy good animation, over the top action and testosterone everywhere

The ED may be even better than the OP. Love that vibe.
Jul 6, 2020 8:02 AM

Jul 2017
As a guy who generally disliked the webtoon for it, I won't say this would change my mind one bit. But the visuals weren't bad, and it is clear that MAPPA put effort and work into it. Solid directing too overall (despite some hints of sloppiness here and there). Only major downside is the voice acting, not a fan of the choices so far.

I will say it has been translated more into what the medium of anime is, so it's more accessible than something like Tower of God was, and the visuals and presentation helps.

Story wise and fights wise, couldn't really care about this episode so far. It was like me watching FLCL where chaos ensued but I felt absolutely nothing for it other than seeing how the visuals were from MAPPA. Doesn't help that the original material had some awful comedy throughout.

I still hate that opening song with a passion, one of the worst ever for me (I'm not a fan of dubstep, don't attack me, this song's just way too loud and obnoxious sounding ). But the visuals did look trippy and well done for it overall. ED song was more tolerable and chill atleast.

Overall, a boring premiere really for me, with poor comedy but promising enough visuals to have this be a solid effort from MAPPA overall for the action alone. Definitely more accessible and easier to get into for more people I think who aren't into anime as much.

Another point to add, so far, while I dislike this premiere overall when taking the interest of story and characters into account, it is the best premiere of the season so far. Although its just my very low standards for this season, it is something at least watchable somewhat with my mates.
animejasJul 6, 2020 8:06 AM
Jul 6, 2020 8:03 AM

Mar 2020
Okay guys i need to ask something
hows this episode is compare to TOG Episode 1?
pls give me your thoughts?
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was really great xD the OST and especially the opening are awesome, the main character is really cool and it was also very funny.
The concept seems nice too, i'm definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 2016
Looked so sick. I’ve only just started reading but I love seeing these fights in action. Even though it technically it wasn’t a one take, that fight showing off the fighters explosive and amazing.

The jokes got me good, the mystery was sick and the characters are fun. Yeah, I love this.
It really do be like that though.

Jul 6, 2020 8:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
AnimeFA78N said:
It seems to be way better than TOG to be honest.
Jul 6, 2020 8:06 AM
Apr 2020
As a webtoon reader this felt rushed af. We just get thrown in there. Hope they do some explanation next episode.
Jul 6, 2020 8:10 AM
Mar 2015
Kinben69 said:
As a webtoon reader this felt rushed af. We just get thrown in there. Hope they do some explanation next episode.

Yeah I hope so too. But overall, I still enjoyed it a lot.
Jul 6, 2020 8:10 AM

Nov 2016
The series is from 2011, but I like the late 90's/ early 00's vibes in this one.

Fun MC, clean style and more to my liking than ToG art. Production in general is solid, especially the OST got me in the right mood and the opening is pretty cool. To make things better, it starts off with a tournament.

Again a bit rushed, but so far so good, I just hope it won't turn out to be another disappointment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 6, 2020 8:12 AM

Aug 2012
Is this a bad clone of DOA from someone that seems unable to properly draw a human nose for some reason? I mean I have trouble with them as well but I do not make everyone look like they are drunk or having a flu. Also the drawing style is really bad
AnimeFA78N said:

I liked TOG but his one is really bad I mean bad visuals bad animation and almost nothing is explained, the comedy falls flat and so on
Jul 6, 2020 8:13 AM

Dec 2019
Really good and exciting first episode, it looks better than the tower of god already. I was not expecting that OP, it really stands out.

Overall I can't wait for the next episode, this series is going to be fun.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jul 6, 2020 8:15 AM

May 2018
They skipped a few stuff from the webtoon and the pacing is really fast but i think that this episode was overall pretty good.
Oct 2016
Talk about a bang! This was one of my most anticipated show of summer for a reason. The premiere fired on all cylinders. Our main trio of Mori, Mira, and Daewi are characters I like from the jump. We got right into those fights too! Didn't expect a full on battle royale to begin the preliminaries. Weeding out the weaker fighters so only the tops are left for the legit tournament. Got to see our main three with their each unique fighting styles, Mori with those kicks is badass, I liked Mira and her sword style too, Daewi packs a huge punch. The other fighters we don't have names for yet are also interesting, the guy with glasses and the metal bat along with the bubblegum Jolyne looking girl have me intrigued.

Ended the episode great bringing in that juggernaut type guy to wreck through the fighters. Mori has his hands full. animation looked amazing in all the fights, but impacts you can almost feel along with the smoothness of how they all moved. The opening and ending are both incredible! Already some of the best this season. Whole soundtrack sounds great. Can't wait to see where this show goes with these fights.
Mar 2015
AnimeFA78N said:

It was good and I think overall, as a source reader for both, it was better than TOG’s first episode. But both of them were still rushed as hell tho. Idek I just enjoyed GOH’s episode more so than TOG but TOG is still good.

The case for TOG is that even in the first episode, because season 1 is so dense, they omitted parts out that would’ve explained things so much better. Such as Bam’s relationship with Rachel (basically Bam explaining that Rachel is his best friend cause so many ppl got the idea that Bam was in love with her in the first episode) or how Yuri got to the floor and why she was interested in Bam, etc. The director for TOG made some bad decisions and Mappa got the author of GOH involved while Telecom didn’t.
Jul 6, 2020 8:19 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good start. After that funny bike chase, they got straight into the action. And a battle royal.

And Crunchyroll advertising itself in the show XD.

Looking forward to more of this.

Jul 6, 2020 8:20 AM
Sep 2015
Can someone tell Crunchyroll to stop using Japanese company to adapt Korean webtoon? South Korea also has its own world-class high quality animation studio (like Studio Mir which makes The Legend of Korra and Voltron: Legendary Defender), go use that instead.
Nov 2019
The animation was amazing I felt the same same hype or even more from when I was reading the webtoon
Definitely an awesome first episode
May 2020
1st of all, god of high school's animation is exetremely beautiful,has great characters,
and the story is really interesting. what i liked the most about this anime is its action.
ITS SO AMZAZING. i can tell every detail of the scenes are well-drawned and animated.
cant wait for the next episode.:>
Jul 6, 2020 8:22 AM
Apr 2020
phantomfandom said:
Can someone tell Crunchyroll to stop using Japanese company to adapt Korean webtoon? South Korea also has its own world-class high quality animation studio (like Studio Mir which makes The Legend of Korra and Voltron: Legendary Defender), go use that instead.

Then why didnt they make an animation for god of highschool in the almost 10 years since the webtoon started?
Jul 6, 2020 8:23 AM

Feb 2018
Wow, went in with little expectations (I wasn't familiar with the webtoon) but am hooked immediately! At points maybe a bit too fast paced but given the nature of the series so far probably their storytelling device by choice. Already likeable characters, great music (!) and hey... it's MAPPA after all.

Looking forward to more, will keep on watching!
_____ "we don't say 'when' because there's something about the possibility of more."
Jul 6, 2020 8:28 AM

Dec 2013
I really enjoyed this first episode. We really got straight to the point in this first episode with the action.

The chase scene with the bike was hilarious. Especially after the girl randomly joined the pursuit.

It all ended way too soon. I need to see more this show ASAP.

Op was the only bad part. I really dislike like the type of music they used.
Jul 6, 2020 8:28 AM
Jun 2020
Wth with this first episode. I'm not webtoon reader but this first episode look so fast. I mean like the conversation between mira, jin, and han is to fast. The comedy part is pretty cringe and no explanation at all about this series.
I'm gonna rate 2/5 for now
Jul 6, 2020 8:29 AM
Mar 2020
Im loving the manhwa artstyle on these Webtoon series!

Apr 2020
lol, I laughed loudly when I saw Mori and Mira catch a thief, and the fight scene is also good, ahh...can't wait for Episode 2

May 2019
Daver_ said:
Anime only perspective:

Promising visuals, animation and fighh scenes. Most of it was good. Thoroughly disliked the op and a lot of the ost. Don’t feel any attachment to the characters yet, as all we know so far are their names. Comedy was very hit/miss, most of it being a miss.
Don't expect to fall in love with the characters after the first episode and what I've seen so far the show is more focused on being a light hearted action/comedy series and at that I believe it succeded with amazing choreography
and although shallow characters they can set up cool fight scenes and funny scenes quite easily.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2020 8:30 AM

Jul 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:
Is this a bad clone of DOA from someone that seems unable to properly draw a human nose for some reason? I mean I have trouble with them as well but I do not make everyone look like they are drunk or having a flu. Also the drawing style is really bad
AnimeFA78N said:

I liked TOG but his one is really bad I mean bad visuals bad animation and almost nothing is explained, the comedy falls flat and so on
wait bad animation? we watched the same episode right?
Jul 6, 2020 8:33 AM
Sep 2015
Kinben69 said:
phantomfandom said:

Then why didnt they make an animation for god of highschool in the almost 10 years since the webtoon started?

No one give them a money, this is where Crunchyroll should show a support for Korean animation industry, let it grow!
Jul 6, 2020 8:35 AM

Feb 2019
OP is dope and production values are decent. Daewi looks like as badass character and this anime gives shokugeki vibes except fighting this time. That last badass guy tho, he has unusual tastes XD.

Mira sounded a bit like otae from gintama, probably because they are both female gorris.
Jul 6, 2020 8:36 AM

Aug 2012
VP2003boi said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Maybe.. I do not know what you watched. But since you seem to be a fan of the original material can you explain why everyone looks like Rudolf the red nosed reindeer?
Jul 6, 2020 8:38 AM
Aug 2018
imo that was pretty fucking cool. the fights were really well animated and I’m interested to see where this goes next. I haven’t read the webtoon so I’m going in completely blind like with tower of god
Jul 6, 2020 8:39 AM

Dec 2014
Opening is fucking Mega Ass.

BUT DAMN THIS IS ACTUALLY SO FUCKING GOOD.

Finally after the Corona drought there is a good show to start off this new season.
Jul 6, 2020 8:40 AM
Mar 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
VP2003boi said:

Maybe.. I do not know what you watched. But since you seem to be a fan of the original material can you explain why everyone looks like Rudolf the red nosed reindeer?

And here ladies and gentlemen we have someone that doesn't know shit about art and animation but he likes to talk and give his opinion and thinks both are same thing. The guy asks him how does this show have bad animation when in fact it's actually great and he responds with why everyone has red noses which has nothing to do animation. Facepalm
Jul 6, 2020 8:40 AM
Jan 2020
I liked what I saw so far. The OP was a banger too. Can't form an opinion on the MCs yet, but the fact it revolves around a Tournament is cool I guess.
Daft Punk is love, Daft Punk is life

Jul 6, 2020 8:42 AM
Aug 2017
OP is shit, I muted it and put first Noragami OP and damn it was 10 times better
Jul 6, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2019
Daver_ said:
Anime only perspective:

Promising visuals, animation and fighh scenes. Most of it was good. Thoroughly disliked the op and a lot of the ost. Don’t feel any attachment to the characters yet, as all we know so far are their names. Comedy was very hit/miss, most of it being a miss.
my thoughts exacly, the ost seems diferent from a normal anime but generic at the same time, and honestly i think the character i liked the most was the thief because he just had a funny voice.

nightcrawlercyp said:
VP2003boi said:

Uhmmmm i never read the webtoon but okkkk. I have no idea why they look like that tho, i dont particulary like it too, but that just means that the character designs are not optimal (i wont even say they are even bad just mediocre), but saying that the animation was bad when there were a shit ton of really good animation cuts here is just plain wrong
Jul 6, 2020 8:44 AM

Dec 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
AnimeFA78N said:

I think you fell on your head something is not right up there.

Cause while I still somewhat enjoyed ToG, the animation in it was practically bottom tier from what you would expect from a 1 Season show.

This had insanely good animation pretty much throughout the whole episode and it was consistent at that.

The way the characters look might not be your taste, but since you also compared this to ToG's animation, I assume you basically have no idea what you are talking about in the first place.
Jul 6, 2020 8:45 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
A very fun, if rushed episode. I expected the tournament to start in episode 2 while laying out the story and introducing the characters in the first episode, but they already started the first round halfway through the first episode.

The characters are fun but the main character, Jin's, voice was a little annoying when screaming at a high pitch. The visuals are fantastic, both in the tournament and in the chase scene.

The opening scene caught me for a loop. I have no idea how it will apply to the story later on but it was definitely a nice touch. The OP and ED weren't for me but maybe that will change after a few episodes.
Jul 6, 2020 8:46 AM

Oct 2017
Coldpain said:
Wth with this first episode. I'm not webtoon reader but this first episode look so fast. I mean like the conversation between mira, jin, and han is to fast. The comedy part is pretty cringe and no explanation at all about this series.
What do u expect they'll start with how this explaining how this series works? Exploring the world in an anime by yourself is so much better than just some 5 min random blabbering by narrator on world setting at the start of an anime.
Jul 6, 2020 8:46 AM
Jun 2015
As expected a rule of cool show. Bunch of fighting with a boring setting. If you guys want more than that this show is not for you.
Jul 6, 2020 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
AnimeFA78N said:

Bad visual? Bad animation? Lmao wut? Care to elaborate what good animation and visuals are then lmao?
Jul 6, 2020 8:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I love it all...Holy fuck this gave me everything I wanted and more lol

Apr 2019
That was a really good first episode in my book. Looking forward to how this story plays out!

Jul 2017
Wow that OP reminded me a lot of something out of PAYDAY 2 lol

But what a start this was, really digging the overall energy vibes coming from it and the idea seems interesting. Animation was pretty solid tbh, though I wish it was a bit smoother at times

Characters seem pretty fun/unique so looking forward to them. That being said, why does everyone look like they have a fever going on lol

looks like MAPPA is ready for the next SnK lol
Jul 6, 2020 8:49 AM
Jun 2015
MegamiRem said:
Coldpain said:
What do u expect they'll start with how this explaining how this series works? Exploring the world in an anime by yourself is so much better than just some 5 min random blabbering by narrator on world setting at the start of an anime.
The correct term is called info dump and while I would agree, this is done so randomly, but whatever you watch it for the fights and really nothing else because the writing is generic af
Jul 6, 2020 8:49 AM

Oct 2017
shane_nichols said:
As expected a rule of cool show. Bunch of fighting with a boring setting. If you guys want more than that this show is not for you.
And I guess ur backing for what u just said is the first episode only? If so then ur comment has zero value my friend. This is just the start. U can't even begin to imagine what lies in wait for u later.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

290 by andreiivroski »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.