Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Park Il-Pyo has unleashed one of (if not) the most powerful Charyeok in the series to date: the Nine-Tails Guardian, and with it, the status of the awakened "Key" to unleash the power of the gods (should he fall to either side). And thus, the match of Jin Mori and Park Il-Pyo continues to the extreme, pitting each other against their limits.

The Nine-Tails Guardian vs. Renewal Takewondo match of brothers bred and grown by the same master, is just getting started. The fuel of Jin Mori Originals against the best Charyeok, Jin Mori truly indeed is the Monkey King in full-on Stephen Chow Buddha-Hand aerial style, igniting new flames and the uncertain future.

With the match over, it's just a matter of brotherly reconciliation and lots of rest. But the mission isn't over yetL to defeat the strong Jegal Taek and request the whereabouts of his grandfather-cum-master Jin Tae-Jin.

All obstacles before Jegal Taek are nothing more but nuisances, and his power proves beyond anything else by eliminating Jeon Jugok of the Junrabukdo team, who has fused into a monster and absorbing his own teammates for more power. Nox has arrived to destroy everything, and the feud of Il-Pyo and and Jegal Taek continues in cold blood.

Getting excruciating closer to the finish line now that's still not in sight...but Park Mu-Jin's sentence closed it well for this episode to state that:
"The God of High School IS OVER!"

The time has come to knock back the true enemies. And as for Jin Mori's true Charyeok, find it in the webtoon, I'd assume the anime will not reach to that point given how less time we have left.
KANLen09Sep 14, 2020 8:28 AM
Sep 14, 2020 8:01 AM

Feb 2019
Fire episode as usual man, so much action, was exhilarating all the way throughout. Anyone else kinda get Toaru vibes off of all these mysterious organisations showing up and the whole mythological aspect of it all?

Also, did dude intentionally take Ilpyo’s friends’ legs or was it just collateral damage that he then bragged about?

Next week is gonna be awesome, can’t wait. Hoping the ratings pick up for this show too
Sep 14, 2020 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
Man they changed everything from webtoon. At cost of making jin look badass they made park pathetic.
Sep 14, 2020 8:04 AM

Aug 2013
Il-Pyo with his Charyeok was OP though I'm interested to learn more about the power Jin Mori unleashed.

This Jegal guy shows no mercy. Il-Pyo needs to teach that guy a lesson.

Sep 14, 2020 8:04 AM
May 2014
this episode had a weird pacing

kaiser17 said:
Man they changed everything from webtoon. At cost of making jin look badass they made park pathetic.

i have a feeling that the same will happen to Noblesse
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2020 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Holy fuck Jin. Not sure since we've got two eps left, that we'll get much explanation on that in general, if we do great.

Also damn, that ending! Cannot wait for next week.
Sep 14, 2020 8:10 AM
Oct 2016
kaiser17 said:

Ilpyo did not look pathetic at all. Certified badass

This looks like full on war!! The God of High School tournament is over, time to fight back Nox! Crazy episode. The ending to the fight we saw reach a fever pitch last week with Mori vs Ilpyo ended crazy. Makes sense that Mori would awaken his own godly powers when facing something a fearsome as the nine tailed Fox that destroyed half of heaven. I'm curious to see which ancient God his powers are coming from. That giant hand reaching down from storm clouds along with that long staff he sort had in his hands is probably a indicator of which ancient God it is but I'm not sure off the top of my head. Interesting how Mori himself didn't really know where it came from. Just sort of opened up within himself when he needed it to win against such a strong opponent.

I'm glad that Mori and Ilpyo are becoming close friends now. Ilpyo hasn't fully fulfilled his promise to Jin Taejin yet but Ilpyo acknowledges that'll take time. That guy we saw a few episodes back awakening from the aftershocks of Ilpyo becoming the key was nuts. Didn't expect the episode to end like it did. Dude becoming a literal monster absorbing people. Glad that Jegal out him down but bastard had to slide a dirty move in there taking an arm and a leg, again literally. Couldn't help himself I suppose but now Ilpyo is coming for his head not an apology like before. Gonna be awesome to see their full fledged fight next episode. Along with like I mentioned a crazy war by the looks of it. Mandeok has brought his army to kill the gods.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeSep 14, 2020 8:29 AM
Sep 14, 2020 8:11 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Somehow, I get more confused each episode. What the heck is going on?!

The tournaments final battle was lame, especially after last episodes build up brawl. Just stick with martial arts. Charyeoks make the battle more lame than with fists.

Looks like we will have another outside battle with the same participants.....yay?
Sep 14, 2020 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
The battles... man. Who cares what happens anymore, just shut up and fight.
But still Ilpyo didn't seem to be that good with his charyeok, though it seemed as if he gave up blocking Jin's blows for whatever reason. And I thought Jin Mori copying other people's abilities was going to be a thing, hope he copy-counter the final boss instead of that gigantic slap attack, that was too similar to Park Mubong's ability and that makes it no fun.
removed-userSep 14, 2020 8:25 AM
Sep 14, 2020 8:17 AM

Aug 2018
10/10 Comedy episode

I can't even tell if things are supposed to be serious or this is just a parody anymore
Sep 14, 2020 8:22 AM

Apr 2016
Metallica_Nero said:
10/10 Comedy episode

I can't even tell if things are supposed to be serious or this is just a parody anymore
Comedy that doesn't even make you laugh, lol.
Sep 14, 2020 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
Dukino said:
kaiser17 said:

In webtoon park easily defeated Jin
removed-userSep 14, 2020 8:27 AM
Sep 14, 2020 8:24 AM
Oct 2017
Dukino said:
This looks like full on war!! The God of High School tournament is over, time to fight back Nox! Crazy episode. The ending to the fight we saw reach a fever pitch last week with Mori vs Ilpyo ended crazy. Makes sense that Mori would awaken his own godly powers when facing something a fearsome as the nine tailed Fox that destroyed half of heaven. I'm curious to see which ancient God his powers are coming from. That giant hand reaching down from storm clouds along with that long staff he sort had in his hands is probably a indicator of which ancient God it is but I'm not sure off the top of my head. Interesting how Mori himself didn't really know where it came from. Just sort of opened up within himself when he needed it to win against such a strong opponent.

I'm glad that Mori and Ilpyo are becoming close friends now. Ilpyo hasn't fully fulfilled his promise to Jin Taejin yet but Ilpyo acknowledges that'll take time. That guy we saw a few episodes back awakening from the aftershocks of Ilpyo becoming the key was nuts. Didn't expect the episode to end like it did. Dude becoming a literal monster absorbing people. Glad that Jegal out him down but bastard had to slide a dirty move in there taking an arm and a leg, again literally. Couldn't help himself I suppose but now Ilpyo is coming for his head not an apology like before. Gonna be awesome to see their full fledged fight next episode. Along with like I mentioned a crazy war by the looks of it. Mandeok has brought his army to kill the gods.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeSep 14, 2020 8:28 AM
Sep 14, 2020 8:26 AM
Sep 2015
Too much violence, I don't think they need to kill so many character at the highschool level.

And will they really end the season without giving a commisioner S a proper voice actor?
Sep 14, 2020 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was proly among the better ones. Even thou they changed stuff but overall this episode was quite good. Specially the second half was pretty sick.

Those who are wondering what Mori Jin's borrowed power/Charyeok is the answer is
anime-prime said:
Ye I'm asking the same question. Wth are they doing in the anime adaptation.
MegamiRemSep 14, 2020 9:56 AM
Sep 14, 2020 8:28 AM
Nov 2015
Animation quality wise I think this was the best episode so far.

I don't watch this expecting much more than this so... Solid episode.
Sep 14, 2020 8:29 AM

Jun 2020
Jesus Christ, this anime hates consistency. One episodes good and then the next 2 episodes become dogshit. I get more confused by the second.

Nine tails fox? Naruto? Is that you? Also how are they getting these powers mid fight? A hand just came out of the sky and smacked Ilpyo lol. At this point I'm too confused to care about the story, I'm just watching for the fights, but yeah story matter regardless of that, if I just wanted to watch fights and fights only then I would've been better off watching wrestling or something, I do gotta care about the story, and as far as it goes, the story sucks.

I said keep your hands on the table
Sep 14, 2020 8:31 AM
Jun 2020
So somehow Naruto and Sasuke ended up here.
Sep 14, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2018
I'm confused even though i read the webtoon lol. And i prefer the webtoon version of mori losses the fight rather than him winning like this, it's kinda feels like your typical asspull-plot-armor BS for main character.
Sep 14, 2020 8:34 AM
Aug 2019
I actually read a bit further in the webtoon but wasn't Jin supposed to lose that match?
Anyway, the fight was still great.
I like that brotherly bond between Ilpyo and Mori.
That Taek Jegal needs to be put in his place.
I guess Ilpyo vs Jegal then.
Looks like GOH is over and here comes the war.

Sep 14, 2020 8:39 AM
Aug 2020
Sorry GOH, but you did Ilpyo dirty, mans supposed to win but mori had to win ig :/, well 2 episodes left, wonder what’s next...
Ofcool2947Sep 14, 2020 8:43 AM
Sep 14, 2020 8:42 AM

Jan 2020
Am I the only who doesn't understand wtf is happening and who half the characters even are...!!
Sep 14, 2020 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
I don't know what's going on anymore but basically this God of Nox is not that omnipotent and omniscient too? Zeus and Odin says hello. XD

It seems the GOH comissioners, the Six or the whatever their organization is, heck including the Nox as well did not expect Jin to have something even more powerful than the Key which is suppose to be Ilpyo now, and I'm wondering why they're still focused on the Key after Jin manifested whatever that was. @_@
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 14, 2020 8:56 AM
Apr 2020
Not fully caught up but based on what I've read here, Mori wins? That's strange, originally he got completely crushed by "awakened" ilpyo within the span of a single short chapter without really getting a hit in. Guess they want to hype the protagonist up.
Sep 14, 2020 8:58 AM
Oct 2019
WHAT A MESSY HYPE, FUN ACTION-PACKED EPISODE!
I don't really understand what is happening anymore (due what I think is the anime cutting alot of important context out) but I am just watching to get hype and enjoy some fun action sequence and amazing animation at this point!
Can't wait for the last couple of episodes.
Sep 14, 2020 8:58 AM

Dec 2012
lmao @ all the webtoon readers spouting "wth is going on" like non-webtoon readers.

what's so difficult to follow? everything was fine and pacing was fine. you just can't help dislike your knowledge of the webtoon being invalidated by anime-original content.

MC obviously had Monkey King powers and he must've kicked the foxgod out of heaven instead of "oh he just left" like that story conveniently tells in the beginning. Everything was super-obvious and plenty of hints were thrown.

Good god, I know it's Dragon Ball-tier content but does it really invite only lowlevel viewers?

What's not to understand? Did this episode somehow remove the central Nox vs GOH conflict? Ah, to have such low understanding of basic visual narratives.
Sep 14, 2020 9:00 AM

Aug 2018
I didn't read the weebtoon but from the comments above, I'm assuming we will have an original ending or something?
Sep 14, 2020 9:03 AM

Aug 2016
Honestly at this point GOH is like a Ferrari with no engine, it looks good, but doesn't work.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 14, 2020 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
delicious episode and
how is the Goh closed !?
Sep 14, 2020 9:14 AM

Feb 2018
Niceeeeee :) I like the way every place is in a chaos, it is really fun. Also because of that, story started to unravel. I think Jin was holding his power and knew it for a long time. After he learned that taking power is still same as fighting by with his power, he let that power unleashed. It wasn't a borrowing from a god, the way power became solid was different. The big hand, storm and the white light. I think he is a God himself, like Zeus. But can't explain how can a god born like human, what happened his old memories, why his grandpa didn't noticed that before. Besides they said that fox destroyed half of the heaven but that means fox is equal to a God, so fight shouldn't ended like that. Maybe it's because he can't fully control it by his will. I really liked the after match talk Jin had with his brothers team.
Sep 14, 2020 9:20 AM

Jul 2020
Man the fights were cool, but the story and pacing is just so bad. At this point, even ToG is better in comparison to this lackluster adaptation.
Sep 14, 2020 9:25 AM
Nov 2013
anime-prime said:

The tournaments final battle was lame, especially after last episodes build up brawl. Just stick with martial arts. Charyeoks make the battle more lame than with fists.

Looks like we will have another outside battle with the same participants.....yay?

This is exactly how i feel about this anime
Sep 14, 2020 9:32 AM

Aug 2015
This show just gets worse and worse.
Sep 14, 2020 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man Jin Mori, that fight was so badass.

"God of Highschool is over" Oh man I can't wait for next week !!
(though I still don't know what's even happening with the Key and these cults)
Sep 14, 2020 9:45 AM

Apr 2019
ok I don't wanna be that guy "Read the Webtoon" but Jesus Christ we are on chapter 94 or above & it's only episode 11 imagine how much they changed

fun fact:- Mori lost in the webtoon

Sep 14, 2020 9:47 AM

Aug 2015
I think this show will be better if it was just pure fights with no plot.

Besides that, I feel like his Charyeok is Sun Wukong, considering I haven´t seen any other protagonist as Goku as this one.
Sep 14, 2020 9:50 AM
Jul 2020
Im really curious as to what jins power is and i want an explanation before the end of the season but that probably wont happen sadly
Sep 14, 2020 9:54 AM

Feb 2016
What is even happening anymore? lmao.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 14, 2020 9:58 AM
Feb 2020
If God of highscholl were just a martial art sport anime, it would be interesting to watch and focus more on the characterization and friendship of the characters.
However, it really tries to be much more complex and deep than it really is, making the pacing and the story really bad and messed.
Sep 14, 2020 10:01 AM

Jun 2019
Okay, so shit just got down.
Mori beating Ilpyo in the match and all the stuff is getting super hyped up.
Really looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 14, 2020 10:02 AM

Jun 2020
Lol Mori was supposed to lose? xD that's a ballsy change they've made, I can imagine the fans of the webtoon will be pissed.

At this point I have no clue what's going on. Whenever (if) explanations are provided, I'll be rewatching this and making sense of all that transpired this season.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 14, 2020 10:12 AM
Nov 2018
So apparently the anime is going down a different path as the webtoon?? Maybe that explains why I don't understand whats going on LOL.
Seriously though I feel like they're focusing too much on hyping up the characters and making them OP than explaining whats going on, or perhaps it will all get explained in the last two episodes (doubt).
Sep 14, 2020 10:16 AM
May 2018
Why was the audio in this episode so weird? The background music seemed louder than the actual dialogue. Or was it just me?

I honestly have no idea what's going on, and I read the webtoon. From how much they've changed things, it seems like the ending will be very much different and that there won't be a season 2...
Sep 14, 2020 10:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its a crazy shit. I don't even understand the hell was happened at overall. Because everything just came in and out pretty fast like a train wreck.

The first sequence part had an overwhelming feels. It suddenly drop off when Mori just showed his power as MC. No lose for him. So, after that? Suddenly the lost guy that composed some Musical scales appeared in the background and managed a havoc after that. Its insane, they even did not have a chance to explained 5W 1H. Was he got resonated because of Jin Mori's power. But why him? How? And such a simple questions for me. Ah, whatever it was. The plotting point, where the maid prevented her master actions just nonsense. I mean the fuck girl? You just letting him got eaten again, were you fool? And where Illpyo friends got biten, because of his slow responded to run away just ridiculously stupid. I mean, its bullshit, i don't even need to explain much on that sequences.

So, to sum it up in a fast way, i must be honest that this show just degenerated your brain, fuck it off and be done with it. No matter how great the animations, the sounds, and the art transitions, the storyline of itself just a complete disaster. No love for me.
badabassSep 14, 2020 10:19 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 14, 2020 10:19 AM
Jul 2014
No idea what I’m even watching at this point. I don’t expect to be spoon fed but my god.. This is bad even by shonen standards.. Bleach actually makes sense
Sep 14, 2020 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit the god of high school got cancelled

who is Jin Mori nah ive been spoiled already about that

but that Shark Charyeok user guy is like part of the villains eh
Sep 14, 2020 10:23 AM

Jul 2017
So much going on here. or.. Too much going on here idk man. the story kinda mess for me. can't keep up anymore

and Park was supposed to win in the manhwa?? What a bold decision they've made lmao.
Sep 14, 2020 10:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
_Karma_ said:
Why was the audio in this episode so weird? The background music seemed louder than the actual dialogue. Or was it just me?

I honestly have no idea what's going on, and I read the webtoon. From how much they've changed things, it seems like the ending will be very much different and that there won't be a season 2...

I feel the bgm much louder here than before, not just for you.

Really? They changed it? Fuck it, its worst than ToG, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 14, 2020 10:29 AM
Oct 2016
kaiser17 said:
Dukino said:

In webtoon park easily defeated Jin

Well that would make Mori look weak, but here we see they're both really strong
Sep 14, 2020 10:31 AM
Jan 2020
I can't believe that I just saw!! Yes, they really changed and added some stuff in this episode yet I really love it!! They just show some fractions of Mori power
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.