Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2020 8:26 AM

Apr 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woahh, Yuna and Eiji are coming!

Eiji and PoH's battle animation is really good, and we are shown PoH's past, so PoH stands for Prince of Hell.

hmmm ... looks like Kirito will be wake up.
Aug 8, 2020 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
Daughter fairy looking from above and saw something from that machine... belongs to old SAO server?

Main guy still unconscious but as always has reaction to Eugeo guy sword.

Someone in black and purple scarf, as well as the idol girl from the movie appearing. That guy's black outfit changed to white... the first game's knight's uniform?! Wow, the enemy's aura can control others.

Showing that non-Japanese guy has been used since young, even his father, so he hates Japanese.

PoH = Prince of Hell, which was the name a lady called him...

Both of them are gone after that guy lost.

Showing other girls in other areas. Even if they are limit, they don't give up, thinking about the main guy.

In real world, the lady caught up and got 871 guy. So that the megane guy can continue w. the mission.

That scene from the PV... three girls praying and Eugeo guy. The road to waking up starts?
tsubasaloverAug 8, 2020 8:43 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 8, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
Another SAO server has opened up to wreak havoc...who can it belong to? It looks as if it's the server from Ordinal Scale...AND I'M RIGHT!!!

Vassago's effort to be resurrected into Underworld the 2nd time as PoH and forcing the vegetable Kirito into another PK to reinforce his murderous intent and exact his revenge.

But instead...Eiji and Yuna came to steal the scene, and I CANNOT STATE HOW HAPPY I AM! Eiji's coat change to reflect Asuna's old guild Knight of the Blood Oath is another shining moment, yet to fight PoH will be another challenge. But alas, the damage done could not save both of them. Even if it was momentary cameo, it's still amazing to see them here.

PoH's flashback before the entire SAO and NerveGear fiasco, besides being labelled the Prince of Hell (PoH shortened), truly lives up to his shitty life of frailing health. No matter how Mei and Moonphase and try to intervene, PoH's takeover was just as bad, if not worse.

Leafa's efforts to fight for her own sibling brother, as mighty and valiant as it is, and Sinon's unfinished fight against Gabriel Miller a.k.a Subtilizer, Kirito is the man that gives them hope to carry one and finish their roles.

Everyone is at their wit's end, but perseverance can only push them forward. Ringo saving Higa from Yanai was just the A-HA moment, and onto the next path of saving Kirito, his awakening in progress.

Amazing episode, HYPE to the max.
KANLen09Aug 8, 2020 8:41 AM
Aug 8, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
It's a good episode, I love the sound of that battle really. Yuna-chan is so cute, actually this is good but somehow I don't like too many flashbacks it's better to tell the underworld because it's almost near the top. What the heck, isn't that Leefa scene too sadistic?

Kyaaa... Kirito still AFK

Aug 8, 2020 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like Vassago (PoH) gets some storytelling. Not a fan of his character but an important one with his assocation with Laughing Coffin. His fight may be one of the best in this season so far imo.

It's interesting we got to see Yuuna a bit from this episode. I even saw a new special visual for it today. Leafa and Sinon got some action screen time. That blood fakeout scared the fuck out of me for a sec. Kirito seems to still be in a coma, which is kinda sad considering how long it's been. Maybe it won't be long now until he wakes up...
Aug 8, 2020 8:34 AM

Jun 2017
The first half of the episode REALLY took some liberties. They even changed PoH's story for the worse IMO. Finally we're done with V17 at least.
Signature.
Aug 8, 2020 10:02 AM

Jun 2015
In terms of greatest and wildest stories I've watched, and ive seen many stories in my time, the War of Underworld is a tour de force that few other shows can even hold a candle too. Im not sure how it will end, but we one episode to an awakening and when it happens I hope its as awesome as I remember season 1 eps 24 as being. Them feels.

Edit: And damn Sugu is nails. That was some wild virtual trauma to go through and keep getting back up!
Roch2001Aug 8, 2020 10:24 AM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 8, 2020 10:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's how you become racist against japanese xD kinda ridiculous.
The fight scenes were great wow, and Kirino is finally going to woke up, NICE!
Aug 8, 2020 10:21 AM

Jan 2009
the battle scenes are awesome and brutal lots of gore

Kirito is about to wake up next episode eh
Aug 8, 2020 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
Got to see Vassago's backstory which was sad. PoH

Eiji and Yuna appearing wasn't long but it was nice to see them.

Sinon and Leafa got some screentime. Gabriel/Subtilizer is a nasty opponent.
When Leafa got hit by that spear, that was scary. :o

Well, it looks like Kirito will wake up soon. Even PoH called him a Vegetable. XD

Aug 8, 2020 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
Bro let’s fucking goooo when I say I just squeeled at seeing Yuna and Eiji, I deadass mean it. I knew anime original shit was coming with the Ordinal Scale technology, but I wasn’t expecting that

This episode was just full of amazing stuff idk where to start. Sinon v Gabe fight reminded me of Wanted with the slow mo bullets, the Eiji fight was awesome, Leafa’s last stand gave goosebumps.

Aug 8, 2020 10:29 AM

Mar 2018
Episodes like these are exactly why I love Sword Art Online. The entry of Eiji and Yuna and then hearing the song again, OOF, I had a big fangirl moment here! Audio to 100% and just like in the Cinema with the SAO Movie!

The gore in general and with Sinon and Leafa? OOF. The despair everyone has because PoH wants to deal with Kirito and then Sinon and Leafa almost at the point of not having enough energy/power anymore to deal with the enemies... magnifique! Truly one of the best episodes.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 8, 2020 10:36 AM
Jun 2020
i feel sorry for PoH to have such shitty parents a mother never should call her own flesh and blood a spawn of the devil and his father is not better and i think we understand why he hate japanese people but he should hate his parents instead and this must be the reason why i did play sao trying to calm his hate

and damn my boy eiji is back with his exceptional fighting style maybe he is gonna surpass kirito in the future it realy was my favorit moment in this episode eiji vs poh

Apr 2020
SAO Alicization war of underworld be like
1) Human side Vs Underworld
2) Human side+ Kirito's friends Vs Underworld
3) America+Korea+China Vs Japan
4) Maybe, Kirito and team Vs Everyone
Me: Naruhodo.... Author literally killed the real purpose of war..
Nevertheless I personally like where this is going... XD.
Damn Episode 5 had some great gore and brutal fights..
Seems like Kirito will be finally waking up.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!

Jan 2016
Eiji and Yuna came to the rescue, Yuna started singing with her beautiful voice while Eiji fought with his sword but this wasn't enough to defeat PoH unfortunately.

Sinon uses her excellent shooting skills but her opponent is also very good, at the end she managed to inflict some damages on him with her bow skill.

Rinko saved Higa with a flying wrench and Higa's got a date with her, kinda.

Now Higa is working on bringing Kirito back by using everyone's fluctlight.
Kirito seems to be dreaming, does that mean his consciousness is back?
Aug 8, 2020 10:43 AM
Jul 2020
Yuna and Eiji's appearances were very amazing.So signal from the old SAO server was Yuna herself.Scene of the duel between PoH and Eiji also another level of fight in SAO series.

Flashback about PoH and Kirito half brother relationship was shocking.I'm like "what the....."

and finally Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (Kirito's voice actor) is back!
Aug 8, 2020 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
I think the funniest part was how despite it being a bunch of rando's who came to kill from all over the world, they're surprisingly in sync when it comes to waiting on the sidelines lol. And what does Yuuna singing have anything to do with it being a jap server?

but woah, was defo not expecting Eiji and Yuuna to show up though, unexpected ngl. But I like how PoH does a standard forward slash and blood is gushing everywhere but when he does a back slash with full force it's just a scratch :P

and dayuuuum, that person who threw the spear in Leafa's eye got some omega aim lul

Looks like next ep. the Kirito harem + Eugeo gonna finally come clutch
Aug 8, 2020 10:48 AM

Jul 2008
I don't like how they made the movie characters appear, they obviously never did in the light novels, kind of turned me off this week. And their appearance robbed almost half the episode too =/

Also PoH's flashback seemed to have something missing if I recall?

Aug 8, 2020 10:48 AM
Aug 2019
Soo there's one thing this episode does bring up, seeing how PoH/Vasago got into SAO he must have had a complaintance feeding his body in the real world because otherwise he would have starved like many of the other SAO players, just a thought that came into my head, don't know if there's an official answer as to who this would have been
Aug 8, 2020 10:49 AM

Oct 2017
They really freakin came, Yuuna and Eiji. I'm so glad to see them again even thou it was for a short while they bought enough time for Higa to wake up Kirito. About time he woke up, thou looks like it'll take a while since we'll get some flashback it seems.

Also come on Sinon, don't be such a wimp. I'm getting tired of her crap tbh. Look at how bad ass Leaf's being. She got hurt so many times and damn that javelin hit at her eye was surely painful and yet she's still fighting with her all, atta girl Leafa.
Aug 8, 2020 10:50 AM

Sep 2018
Suguha was never my favorite girl, but damn did she earn my respect this episode! She looked like such a badass fighting and regenerating over and over...
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 8, 2020 10:50 AM

Feb 2015
Really. That's his backstory? Come on. Half-assed and crammed into like 5 minutes, 4 seasons after the fact?

Little gorier than usual too. At least the singing was nice and pretty.
Aug 8, 2020 10:52 AM

Sep 2018
At long last, Kirito is coming OMG. I feel like it's been ages since i last heard him speak ;-;
“Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.”
~Hunter S. Thompson

Aug 8, 2020 10:55 AM

Sep 2015
Wait-wait-wait, hold the F up. Did they just replace a couple of horrible torture scenes with this Ordinal Scale thing? I vaguely remember that the whole situation was a lot more tense in the book.
Aug 8, 2020 10:57 AM
Nov 2018
Another great episode
How are yuna and eiji in underworld ?
Anyone wanna explain ?
Aug 8, 2020 10:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that they will bring Yuna and Eiji from the movie into the war. As Original characters go this was certainly surprisingly fun. Yuna's vocals through her seiyuu is just as catchy as ever. The fight between Eiji and Vassago sure was cool while also reflecting well on the rage that all SAO survivors would have for members of the Laughing coffin guild. The insight into Vassago's past was certainly insightful. It certainly explained how he become a devil. The battle between Sinon and Gabriel was equally high level. Still despite the odds arrayed against them Leafa and Sinon's determination to fight on was impressive despite the injuries that they sustain. Thanks to the sacrifices made by Kirito's friends its finally time for Kirito to wake up and counter attack. Time to wipe that smirk of Vassago and Gabriel's face. Overall an excellent ep that featured an excellent balance of action and tension. While somewhat risky to change the plot if just slightly by featuring Yuna and Eiji i felt that in this case it was certainly worth it as it helped reinforce the core concept of bonds and linked worlds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2020 10:58 AM

Jul 2008
Aelyn said:
Wait-wait-wait, hold the F up. Did they just replace a couple of horrible torture scenes with this Ordinal Scale thing? I vaguely remember that the whole situation was a lot more tense in the books.

Yeah, this episode would've been 100% pure torture and despair if they hadn't decided for the movie characters to make an appearance.

Aug 8, 2020 11:07 AM

Feb 2018
Did Kirito sister used Vorpal Strike?? And WHAT THE FUCK WITH THIS HEADSHOT!?
Aug 8, 2020 11:16 AM
Apr 2019
just wanted to know from the light novel readers is the part where Eiji and Yuna are just filler or legit was on source material. Can someone tell me
Aug 8, 2020 11:18 AM
Nov 2018
Reylith said:
just wanted to know from the light novel readers is the part where Eiji and Yuna are just filler or legit was on source material. Can someone tell me

Its an anime original. LN had a some torture scenes which they decided to replace with yuna and eiji.
Aug 8, 2020 11:20 AM

Jun 2017
Reylith said:

1000% pure fanservice, hell their incarnation doesn't even make sense. Eiji is logged in with an Augma, that can't do Incarnation in UW normally.

PoH's story was also changed. In the LN he was offered the nervegear by a contractor to go and kill someone (poh was a hitman). Here he steals it himself to kill japanese players. A1 please...
Signature.
Aug 8, 2020 11:24 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sinon's necklace from Kirito is the real gem here. Does it ever run out of power xD?

Jokes aside, this was one pinch episode for Asuna and co. Yikes, Leafa's eye getting impaled by a javelin throw from who knows where and the lack of censoring there was kind of horrid (and I'm glad they didn't censor it).

A little backstory from PoH as well. Possibly being Kirito's step-brother, I don't even know what to say here. I think I'll need to collect my thoughts over that for a while at least...

Yuna and Eiji with the shocking but, sadly, short-lived return. How exactly did Yuna's singing nullify the effect of PoH's intimidation (or whatever the heck that even was in the first place)? Is it something metaphorical or along those lines or something?

But hey, all that aside, it's almost time for Kirito's rise and shine. Bodies glowing in real life, we will put that aside for now. Eugeo's "Now then, Kirito..." and those final few seconds before the ED, about darn time yeah?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 8, 2020 11:25 AM

Jan 2017
Animation wise it was great, the fight choreography was good too, the recycled soundtrack is understandable but FFS that ultimate plot armour + power of harem power-ups are just ridiculous...

Also that Korean guy, doing yet again that BS villain move of: "I will come back and kill you later" while we all know that he will be dead in a split of second in his next fight even without knowing the source material.

And of course, they cut the best part to replace it with useless fanservice...

This is really the best that SAO:A has to offer?
Dudi4PoLFrAug 8, 2020 11:31 AM
Aug 8, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2015
I've been enjoying the previous two seasons a lot more than the first two, but holy hell this season just keeps getting worse.
DisconnectedUserAug 8, 2020 11:30 AM
Aug 8, 2020 11:30 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I was not expecting Eiji and Yuna from Ordinal Scale to appear here. I thought the movie was a canon and not related to the main series.

I tear up a bit seeing them both here. Go away onion ninja qwq

Fuwa_sanAug 8, 2020 11:37 AM
Aug 8, 2020 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
Good morning!

Man, seing Kirito getting kicked around was honestly a treat. And fuck, the gore and that guy falling was seriously Another-tier xD

Was decent episode, looking forward to the return of our Chad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2019
Aelyn said:
Wait-wait-wait, hold the F up. Did they just replace a couple of horrible torture scenes with this Ordinal Scale thing? I vaguely remember that the whole situation was a lot more tense in the book.

Was that too gruesome to be on tv or something?

Aug 2015
That spear in Leafa's eye was brutal and I got shocked by it!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Aug 8, 2020 12:00 PM
Jul 2020
Satisfying...best episode of WoU S2 so far.
Eiji and Yuna uncovered PoH's identity, destroyed the propaganda, put an end to their story, and left.
The awakened crowd was berserked again by PoH, but Eiji's fight was not in vain.
Fake news is dead. Let's kill the instigator to finish it off.
Aug 8, 2020 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
ArmedAndReady said:
The awakened crowd was berserked again by PoH, but Eiji's fight was not in vain.

How was it not in vain? PoH is still there, as strong as ever, and the Korean/Chinese players are no threat, mindlessly killing each other.
Aug 8, 2020 12:14 PM

Jan 2013
Ordinal Scale duo randomly came and then they randomly gone lol (sees posts saying they are filler) well that explains it lol
anyway, things are finally moving IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES! but...at this point im actually more interested in watching the science folks outside of the digital world rather than all the hubbub inside. shame Alicization had something decent going before this final cour happened
dannymilkAug 8, 2020 12:21 PM
Aug 8, 2020 12:24 PM
Jul 2020
Kyragos said:
ArmedAndReady said:

How was it not in vain? PoH is still there, as strong as ever, and the Korean/Chinese players are no threat, mindlessly killing each other.

Because the crowd realized the truth. That is definitely a credit to Eiji for tearing PoH's cloak off.
If Eiji hadn't uncovered PoH's true identity, even if PoH had died, the war based on fake news would not have ended.
Now, simply killing PoH would end the chaos.
Aug 8, 2020 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
I thought this episode would just be pure terror and gore. But glad that it didn't end so.
Kirito, its time to wakey wakey.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 8, 2020 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
Eiji and Yuna joined the battle as well, but it was very briefly... like it went by before I knew it! He put up a good fight though, but in the end no match for PoH.

That spear in Leafa's eye though, talk about brutal!!

Just drop down a tool and the traitor fell to his death, nice!

Kirito is going to wake up soon (hopefully next week)!
Aug 8, 2020 12:40 PM

Mar 2016
Hearing music from Ordinal Scale again was pretty hype ngl. The spear to the eye was not something I was expecting though.
Aug 8, 2020 12:43 PM

Dec 2019
The power of friendship hit hard this episode. Yuuna literally came out of nowhere and I don't know, am I missing something? Why is she even there? And who tf is Eiji? Where did he come from too?

Poh's backstory was pretty lame, it barely explains his hatred for Japanese people and kinda just felt out of place.

Kirito is finally making a comeback, and I'm sure it will make no sense and they'll pull out a power of friendship and badass comeback but at this point, I'm fine with that.
Aug 8, 2020 12:49 PM

Apr 2016
Truly a great episode for me. I do like the anime original content, they were fine and the fight was great ad the same goes for the OST. It's always good to hear Eugeo's voice. I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 8, 2020 12:50 PM

Jun 2014
We saw a bit of Yui. Why isn't she in Underworld and giving buffs to players or something? I was wondering what would happen with SAO server opening up, but it's just Eiji and Yuna (don't like them).

PoH mistreating a person in a coma. Eiji appears to save Kirito from PoH (I thought he didn't like Kirito?). But he's not strong enough to beat PoH. PoH has some kind of evil aura which controls other players. So why do half of Korean and Chinese players know Yuna, the Japanese AI idol? Yuna gives buffs to Eiji and clears the evil aura of PoH. Eiji becomes Nautilus. But he's not strong enough to beat PoH, even with the buffs.

We get some backstory of Vassago. His older half-brother who is Japanese and looks like Kirito needs his kidney. And that's why he hates the Japanese, LOL wut? Later when older he sees news of SAO deaths and buys/steals a NerveGear to go kill as many Japanese as he can. He's even sicker than I thought. Can't decide who's more sick, him or Gabriel. So PoH stands for Prince of Hell, wow he really thinks highly of himself, calling himself a prince, LOL.

And then Eiji/Nautilus who lost both of his arms bites off a piece of PoH's neck, LOL wut. And then Yuna changes into Yuuna, WTF, I thought they were different individuals. O_o And then they both dissapear. It's like, what did they even come for, LOL.

OK, so Moonphase and Mei Mei and other players recognise the Laughing Coffin emblem and realise PoH is a serial killer. PoH uses his evil aura again to manipulate the Korean/Chinese players, but half of them resist it and then they fight the other half who are under PoH's control. They should all just kill each other, less work for Asuna and others, LOL.

Wow, the Sinon and Leafa fights were bloody, especially Leafa's. What's with Sinon, giving up so easilly. How many times does she have to be saved by Kirito's necklace, in order to resolve to fight some more? Leafa looked like such a badass fighting and regenerating over and over (that spear thrown into her eye looked really painful). Reminded me of Zeno from Akatsuki no Yona. <3 I kinda like Leafa more now. And I like Sinon less now. Looks like Subtilizer has had enough of fighting Sinon and is going after Alice again.

Rinko saved Higa from Yanai with a flying wrench and Higa's got a (cheap) date with her, LOL. Now Higa is working on bringing Kirito back by using the 3 girls' fluctlight. But judging from opening and ending, he will need Eugeo too (who is supposed to be dead)? O_o

Can't wait for Kirito to finally wake up. I hope it won't be at the end of next episode. :'D
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Aug 8, 2020 12:51 PM
Jul 2020
AyyMayy said:
That spear in Leafa's eye was brutal and I got shocked by it!

I was reminded of Asuka from Eva...
Aug 8, 2020 1:05 PM

Nov 2011
ArmedAndReady said:
Because the crowd realized the truth. That is definitely a credit to Eiji for tearing PoH's cloak off.
If Eiji hadn't uncovered PoH's true identity, even if PoH had died, the war based on fake news would not have ended.
Now, simply killing PoH would end the chaos.

Players may seem so, but they are not utterly stupid. When they'll see nothing else on the net about a new Korean/Chinese/American game or even a company being hacked by Japanese players, they'lll know they have been fooled, except the ones believing in big conspiracies (who won't be persuaded by a tattoo anyway, seen by a few dozens at most while they are thousands). That plus the people who listened to Siune, and for sure Japanese players on the net later. And we don't know yet what will transpire after that.
KyragosAug 8, 2020 1:11 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2020

261 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.