Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2020 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, even Lisbeth joins the fight. Asuna's got even more allies on her side now in that world. Seems they really managed to build up this arc from the background too with events from behind the scenes.

Action seemed pretty fast paced this season so far and I'm actually kinda glad it's featuring characters outside of the usual main character roster. Oh that Alice scene was hard to watch. Bercouli is the breakout character of this episode if you ask me.
Jul 18, 2020 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
More and more comrades coming later.

It seems like scientists in real world already know that comrades already went in.

Wave showing that main guy's conscious had hints of reactions? Back up from the comrades' memories, huh. w. Danger of might get noticed by the enemy team, one guy is going to where the conscious is. At least he's not alone?

Continuation w. first guy vs. Ishida-san's character. w. Dragon's help, he got him. He is already to the limit, though, as he died beside Alice girl when she woke up.

Admin. (at least first's memory of her) appeared.

It seems like Ishida-san's character plans to go back again, like that another guy.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 18, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
Realworld players have entered underworld thanks to Yui. That is good news for Kirito. Bercouli's fight against Vector was amazing, even though it was closed with Bercouli's death. Alice cried because Bercouli died, glad to see Quinella. Bercouli and Quinella are very romantic, lol.

Jul 18, 2020 9:28 AM
Sep 2013
this battle was one of the defining moment during the war. cried reading the LN, now cried watching the adaptation again.........
Jul 18, 2020 9:56 AM

Apr 2020
I felt it when I saw Alice crying because of Bercouli's death, RIP Bercouli
Jul 18, 2020 9:58 AM

Feb 2019
Holy shit that bercouli v Vecta fight’s animation and art style was insane. The sakuga, wow. What a beautiful and powerful conclusion to Bercouli’s story. Loved the way it was adapted.

Even though I knew it was coming, couldn’t help but getting choked up at seeing his and Alice’s flashback and Fanatio breaking down.

Great episode, amazing animation, visuals and a great OST. No complaints here. SAO keeps getting better and better while haters keep complaining.

Next week, shit’s gonna get real with POH.
Marinate1016Jul 18, 2020 10:07 AM
Jul 18, 2020 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
This was epicness and feels overload, also one hell of a visual feast. Rip Bercouli ;_; Suwabe Junichi always giving me the chills.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 2020 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode on the whole

Bercoulli was the real man, his fight was awesome. The madman stalled and endured the entire fight waiting for that one moment where he could slash Vecta in the past. The dragon had to be sacrificed too. :(
Alice and Fanatio crying was harsh.

Smiling Quinella instantly makes this episode better.

I gotta say, they're talking about all this philosophy about separating the 'object' from the 'subject' and viewing them separately vs together but they settled on the idea of recreating Kirito's psyche from the version of Kirito inside the people close to him. If that's the case, can the version of Kirito that's created truly be called Kirito? Isn't he just the impression of the Kirito within the memories of people close to him and not Kirito himself? Just food for thought.

Jul 18, 2020 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Ah, I totally forgot about the Ocean Turtle.

Great episode. RIP Bercouli. Without giving up he was able to take down Vector/Gabriel. Though this will not be the last time we'll see him. That face at the end tho.

It was nice seeing Quinella/Administrator again.

The scene with Fanatio almost made me cry.

Jul 18, 2020 10:10 AM

Jan 2009
Bercouli is the man he at least defeated Vecta there

Fanatio is his wife too eh

and wow Quinella is still alive in the memories of others eh so her soul can be reconstructed again? lol

Jul 18, 2020 10:12 AM

Apr 2016
My heart :((
Such an amazing animation for the fight between Brcouli and Vector. An my queen appeared one more time <3

Jul 18, 2020 10:16 AM

Jun 2017
Good stuff. The Bercouli fight was excellent and I loved seeing the ALO crew again.
Signature.
Jul 18, 2020 10:19 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that Kirito's team is finally able to arrive to bring Asuna some much needed reinforcements. Not to mention their allies from ALO and GGO as well. Despite the risk of losing all their progress its admirable seeing Kirito's friends and allies show up to help. Renry's astonishment at seeing Liz and Silica was amusing. Using the image of Kirito that his friends and allies have of him within their hearts is quite the novel idea. To think that one day thinness will give you an advantage in striking back against the enemy lol. RIP Knight commander Bercouli. Though it cost him his life in the end he was able to rescue Alice and push back the scum Gabriel. The convo between Bercouli and the admin in their spirit forms sure was fun to see though. Its surreal seeing the admin be so calm though. Poor Fanatio though losing her beloved to the war as well. Overall a strong ep that featured a good blend of action and plot advancement. While Klein's reinforcements and Bercouli's defeat of Gabriel have tipped the scales in our favour its the next phase that will be the true test Asuna and team. The cost so far sure has been steep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 2016
It's so wholesome how everyone is coming together to help Asuna and Kirito.

RIP Bercouli, he put a good fight and destroyed his account,
too bad Gabriel is coming back with another account (maybe even stronger)
and on top of that another batch of 50,000 players are coming.

Hopefully Kirito will come back soon to take them down.

Jan 2009
thats one badass way to go out "i just slashed your past" so youre dead in the present but lets ignore all the chaos theory of time for now lol

dipItFooJul 20, 2020 9:32 PM
Jul 18, 2020 10:21 AM

Dec 2019
Everyone joined the battle now and shit's got real! Nice to see Asuna getting her moments and shining on the battlefield.

So they are going to use this "object" and "subject" to bring back Kirito from the memories of his close ones, I don't think that would actually work for a good and deep character but since Kirito is superficial I guess it might work.

Woah, that fight was great!!! That scene really thrilled me, props to the animators behind it!
Jul 18, 2020 10:26 AM

Dec 2015
Jul 18, 2020 10:30 AM

Nov 2018
The big point of this episode by far was the Bercouli vs. Vecta fight which was very impactful for our side because in the end, Bercouli is not with us anymore. Bercouli was the real man in the fight who endured so much just to be able to slash Vecta with the time-splitting sword. His dragon even helped out and sacrificed its own life just for him to be able to take down Vecta.

The conclusion to his story was so impactful, beautiful, and just amazing to the very end and we got to see Quinella smiling in his memories. I really do feel for Alice and Fanatio crying and it definitely got to me too.

The fight between Bercouli and Vecta is probably my favorite fight for this whole season because I loved it and the animation and visuals during those scenes were just top-notch and A-1 Pictures did an amazing job with it. The OST in the show is as great as ever too so it makes it all the better.

We are all not ready for Vassago next week because shit's about to go down in the next episode.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jul 18, 2020 10:40 AM

May 2018
Middle part is boring back in real world. However, the blue hair guy fight is amazing.
Jul 18, 2020 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
yooooo Fanatio was pregnant the whole time lol? Damn the ship we never got to see more of rip

But biggest rip goes to Bercouli, definitely deserved more screen time out of all the characters. Kinda interesting artstyle used in the fight scene, looked like an animated comic tbh.

But the whole everybody returning thing was so SAO S1 lmao, they were even reusing the same OST
Jul 18, 2020 10:50 AM
Feb 2020
Bercouli’s fight was pretty cool, but I don’t think it mattered much in the end if Vector was coming back anyway. Also, the romance between him and the Administrator was kinda out of the blue, even if there was a flashback...
Jul 18, 2020 10:52 AM

Mar 2016
Bercouli vs Vector was straightup peak visual eyegasm.

NGL, it reminds me of a lot of the 2D fight scenes from Kimetsu no Yaiba. I actually found out a short while ago that ufotable actually has some credit with this huge SAO arc here.
Jul 18, 2020 10:59 AM

Mar 2015
Ryuseishun said:

NGL, it reminds me of a lot of the 2D fight scenes from Kimetsu no Yaiba. I actually found out a short while ago that ufotable actually has some credit with this huge SAO arc here.

There are a lot of studios involved in this, but they are here only for assistance, big scenes such as this one are done by the main team, this one being done by SAO veterans(Kanno and Waki).
Jul 18, 2020 11:00 AM

Jul 2012
That Bercouli fight was the best animation SAO ever had. The thicker lines, vibrant colors, man that was awesome. I expected Vector to counter that last strike from Bercouli, but I'm glad he really did lose and died. Still coming back with different account though.
Jul 18, 2020 11:09 AM

Sep 2014
What an amazing fight that was, Bercouli went out like a freaking boss and even left a bun in the over wew, poor Fanatio ;-;
That Yanai dude totally not suspicious at all lol.
Jul 18, 2020 11:10 AM

Apr 2017
Ryuseishun said:

That's simply because Waki-san, Movie & Alicization's director of photography, was part of Ufotable. Just like Terao is the director of photography for Ufotable and the one responsible for what Ufotable is known, Waki worked with him (God Eater) so he kinda recreated Terao's style in his own way.
Jul 18, 2020 11:13 AM

Jan 2009
Kaiser_Senpai said:
Ryuseishun said:

That's simply because Waki-san, Movie & Alicization's director of photography, was part of Ufotable.

Waki-san learned from the best master lol https://myanimelist.net/people/39051/Yuuichi_Terao

side note hopefully Waki-san get out of his depression soon
Jul 18, 2020 11:13 AM
Jul 2019
Man, with more comrades with god-tier powers staring to pop up, this SAO, is staring to ge boring......so, Bercouli is gone big deal he just merely an NPC , What I want was Victor taking all of them god-tier powers and making them lose one by one 'til Kirito gets back in the action
Jul 18, 2020 11:14 AM

Apr 2017
deg said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

That's simply because Waki-san, Movie & Alicization's director of photography, was part of Ufotable.

Waki-san learned from the best master lol https://myanimelist.net/people/39051/Yuuichi_Terao

side note hopefully Waki-san get out of his depression soon

Ye, I just edited my comment talking about Terao lmao

Yes, I really hope so, he's amazing in his own way, we can't lose such talented person!!
Jul 18, 2020 11:14 AM

Jun 2020
Bercouli-san, Fanatio-san, Quinella-san, Bercouli's dragon, I love you all from the bottom of my heart.
Shedding a tear on this episode was worthy, the fight between Bercouli and Vector, when Bercouli's dragon came to help him even though Bercouli ordered him to stay put. This episode, this episode, I can't, this is beyond words. Me a guy who always said fuck you to all the characters in SAO except for Kirito, is now shedding a tear on these characters like Bercouli.

When WoU came, I thought "What the fuck, where is Kirito? This season might suck" I was so so so so so so wrong. I'm freaking out right now. This journey has been tough, countless haters have been trying to stop us, but we did it. No one is more happier than me to see SAO in this state today, I might just end up giving this season a 10.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jul 18, 2020 11:19 AM

Apr 2013
Ah, here we go again. Let's end the episode centered on the main villain's evil expression.
Jul 18, 2020 11:24 AM

Apr 2017
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Man, with more comrades with god-tier powers staring to pop up, this SAO, is staring to ge boring......so, Bercouli is gone big deal he just merely an NPC , What I want was Victor taking all of them god-tier powers and making them lose one by one 'til Kirito gets back in the action

What are u talking? OP? The only OP there was Bercouli, it is stated since the beggining that he was the legendary knight who defeated the white dragon, so ofc he's op. But as u can see, no one but him was capable of fighting Vector so that says a lot.

I mean, he's not quite a NPC at this point, while Alice is more "human" than everyone else, they still have that artificial soul which makes them a lot more than just a mere "NPC".

Just wait until Kirito hacks the shit out of it (I don't read the ln but that's happening, for sure)
Jul 18, 2020 11:27 AM
Jul 2019
Kaiser_Senpai said:
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

What are u talking? OP? The only OP there was Bercouli, it is stated since the beggining that he was the legendary knight who defeated the dragon, so ofc he's op. But as u can see, no one but him was capable of fighting Vector so that says a lot.

I mean, he's not quite a NPC at this point, while Alice is more "human" than everyone else, they still have that artificial soul which makes them a lot more than just a mere "NPC".
Whatever man, , OP, NPC, MC, they're just nothing more than binary's , equations, programs am algorithm's , that can be upgraded orjust deleted.
Jul 18, 2020 11:28 AM

Apr 2020
Smart way for Bercouli to take down Vecta. Didn't know he and Fanatio were a thing. If she's pregnant, why was she in combat though. Even if she's digitally pregnant, she still pregnant XP

Yanai doesn't look and sound completely suspicious at all. Honestly bet he's the mole that leaked the info of Rath's base.
Jul 18, 2020 11:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RIP Bercouli :/ I can't wait for them to save Kirito
Jul 18, 2020 11:36 AM

May 2019
Holy shit
this is one of the best episodes in SAO

bercouli vs vecta was god like
one of the best fights in SAO
the soundtracks the animation everything was amazing

5/5

AskaaJul 18, 2020 1:51 PM
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 18, 2020 11:39 AM

Jul 2016
Sakuga fest episode. The first half is about the players from ALO and GGO coming together is giving me endgame vibes. Their deban make it better. The middle part is in Ocean Turtle, Higa and Rinko ponders about how to wake Kirito. He plan to go and to control the STL Kirito is in. Because of how when his close friends dive his consciousness resonate with them. The last part is the highlight, the one fight I anticipate for. Because it show how OP Bercouli is, and he is the only one defeat him barring all underworld Integrity knights and super accounts. The sakuga is amazing, and that impact frames is good too.

Overall pretty emotional and hyped all around. To the next episode hyped for the next fight

Ps. Bercouli is chad.

Jul 18, 2020 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit that Bercouli fight was amazing, literally any character voiced by Junichi Suwabe is a badass and he was no exception. It was also a visual feast as well. RIP Bercouli, he was awesome to the very end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 18, 2020 11:58 AM

Mar 2019
Ahhh have to admit this episode wasn't able to handle the hype to the fullest after the 1st episode . Hope the next episode will be a blast

Jul 18, 2020 12:00 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Good fight animation, but the episode went by so fast it felt really short.

I just realized how long this Alicization project is based on the number of episodes.
Someone told me Alicization have 10 vol while all the prequels combined have 6 vol.
Jul 18, 2020 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
Bercouli was a true Chad till the end. Impregnated Fanatio, defeated Vector (Gabriel will return, but he at least managed to defeat the Vector account) and even went out with Quinella at the end. Kirito has a long way to surpass such chaddery.

Sad for Fanatio tho.
Jul 18, 2020 12:44 PM

Jun 2020
I didn't like the first episode at all but the fight between Vecta and Bercouli brought my hopes back up, shit was good

Although I do have a complaint, because I was hoping Kirito would take down the Dark God Vecta but nlooks he'll just be facing his converted account now, which should logically be less op?

Also another thing I don't really get is why this Vecta dude is so good with swords. In other games, we've only ever seen him use guns, and him being on par with Bercouli makes little sense unless him using an op character is magically supposed to make him an expert swordsman. I mean, it's understandable if they have unique abilities of that character, but you're even gaing swordsmanship talent? Kirito who was actually very good at using became weaker when he got into this world, so why is Vecta so op with swords?
spectrojanJul 18, 2020 12:51 PM
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 18, 2020 12:44 PM

Mar 2017
I'm a bit confused with the plan to reinstate Kirito's consciousness using the 3 girls... if it's his self-image that needs patching together again then how would using their image of him work? No one sees themselves the same way other people see them. I mean, I've probably completely got the wrong end of the stick haha

RIP Bercouli! He was a great knight and a fantastic father figure to Alice. The animation during the Vector vs Bercouli fight was A+ quality! I felt like that part with him as a weird ghost was a bit too cringe though...
Jul 18, 2020 12:48 PM
Jan 2019
Imagine fighting intensely while pregnant, oh... yeah i forgot that this is basically a real life game, but not really real but ok.
Jul 18, 2020 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
Dammit Suwabe, why do you have to go always have to go out like a badass....
Jul 18, 2020 1:02 PM
Mar 2020
Awesome 👍 , glad to see everyone joining the fight .
Fascinated to hear about how Kirito will be healed and become a dual weilder again.

The fight bercouli vs vecta seemed kinda unsatisfied I don't know but I felt that way since I'm surprised ufotable was involved .
Will miss you Bercouli the hero. That dragon hoshigami deserves to be called more human than the real worlders.

Oh we get to see the administrator again ,huh what a waste of beauty if only she wasn't on other side huh
Jul 18, 2020 1:03 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
More of Kirito's friends have joined in to fight against the American players. Bercouli may have defeated Vector, but it looks like Gabriel is going back under a different account.
Jul 18, 2020 1:13 PM

May 2019
KiritoN10 said:
Awesome 👍 , glad to see everyone joining the fight .
Fascinated to hear about how Kirito will be healed and become a dual weilder again.

The fight bercouli vs vecta seemed kinda unsatisfied I don't know but I felt that way since I'm surprised ufotable was involved .
Will miss you Bercouli the hero. That dragon hoshigami deserves to be called more human than the real worlders.

Oh we get to see the administrator again ,huh what a waste of beauty if only she wasn't on other side huh

uhhh ufotable did not do anything in bercouli fight
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 18, 2020 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
When the high quality of animation distracts from the problems:
Gabriel's pure arrogance contradicts his goal of recovering Alice Fluctlight (he will do it again later)
The ability of the Bercoulie sword dissolves logic (time paradox)
Deus Ex Machina (the dragon Hoshigami from Bercoulie)
Damsel in Distress Alice (similar to Asuna in Fairy Dance)
Cringe moment with Asuna
One of the best characters in this arc is wasted on a fight (For his little screen time (~20 minutes), a better character than Kirito will ever be
Bercoulie's death is only necessary so that Alice can only see Kirito as the last connection to Underworld (For this reason, Bercoulie and Eldrie had to die)

Otherwise deserved goodbye to Bercoulie (sad)

removed-userJul 25, 2020 3:14 PM
Jul 18, 2020 1:22 PM

Jun 2014
So all Asuna's friends from ALO came and 2.000 others. Lisbeth's speech was effective it seems. :) In Ocean Turtle Higa with help of Rinko figures out how to fix Kirito's Fluctlight. Yanai looks suspicious...

Bercouli's fight against Vector was cool, even though he only had 1 arm. And his dragon helped him, aww. So now Gabriel will log in with his GGO account, but he probably won't be as powerful as Vector was? Poor Alice and Fanatio after loosing Bercouli.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.