Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of public displays of affection?

New
Jul 17, 2020 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
What do you think of people kissing and holding hands out in public? Sometimes getting all hot and heavy and touchy feely. Or what about those guys who hold their woman close when they see you approaching from the opposite direction. Are those guys insecure or what?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2020 12:32 PM

Oct 2018
I learned that I was an exibitionist when my ex gf sucked on both sides of my neck as I firmly squeezed both her ass cheeks. She made me feel like a monster letting me take advantage of her. She later told me that she did that cause someone told her that it was a turn on for a partner right off the bat and that she was actually extremely submissive.

L0LlJul 17, 2020 12:36 PM

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jul 17, 2020 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
I don't know about you, but the only time I've felt severely discomforted was when a couple started making out next to me in the cinema. Wasn't sure if I should spill my coke on the girl or tell them to keep it down. In the end, nothing happened.
Jul 17, 2020 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
It's ok (and sometimes cute) if both people involved are attractive or at least average looking.
But it's extra disgusting when uggos/fatties are making out in public. Should be illegal in every country.
Jul 17, 2020 12:40 PM

Aug 2018
I think its wrong and that you should only be intimate when you are alone together or in the bedroom. Also its not nice if kids see that shit, it will fuck up their innocence.

Jul 17, 2020 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
Oh good I’m glad I am not the only one who isn’t into public displays of affection. The most I do is take selfies in public. I won’t hold hands and I won’t put my arm around her shoulder or around her waist or my hand on the small of her back, but the girl can cling on to my arm if she chooses.

I also used to hug and girl and squeeze her butt when she gave me her phone number back in the day. I wonder if people can still get away with that in 2020. Probably wouldn’t go down so well anymore but back then it was a great way to flirt with a new girl and get her interested and thinking about you.
Jul 17, 2020 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
i don't mind slight displays, like hand holding or whatever

but it's pretty cringe if it's too much

Jul 17, 2020 1:35 PM

Dec 2015
I really dislike it. It's not gross. (Maybe for gay males I might find extreme kissing gross ... but then again that is a bit too much even if females do it. If it is too extreme.)

This should be something private. Only shared with each other. I'd rather fuck a girl silly in public than doing "romantic" stuff. Others will see it. I might feel shy about it.

And why do you need to do it at all? For some it seems like they do it in a way that makes it seem like they wanna show off on purpose? Is their love/affection not real unless they show it to other people?

(Well ... that's actually an interesting thing. The last question. Subjective truth ... if a lot of people believe something ... it might be true? :D But why would I care for stuff that isn't relevant for other people. If we want ot have good anime taste - it might be different ... we look for tons of people that are similar. That is why fanboys often wage war vs. hatesr. They feel threatened and think their taste is "bad" if too many disagree. :D)
Jul 17, 2020 1:52 PM

Jul 2016
im generally fine with it BUT

this thread reminded of that fuckin time when i got into a bus (it was so early in the morning that it was still dark) and these 2 girls started LITERALLY making out in front of me (extra weird cause i live in an Islamic country)

there were a few people at the back but no one else could see it

i tried to get up but the chair was so laid back that it was almost on my lap

it was very affectionate and sweet but extremely uncomfortable for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2020 2:34 PM

Aug 2012
It's sweet when 10 years old do it. It's cringe AF when adults do.
Jul 17, 2020 2:52 PM

Feb 2019
As long as they're not having full-on sex, I wouldn't really care one way or the other. And even if they were, I'd probably just walk away rather than say something.
When you stand at the cliff's edge, staring into the darkness below, the most horrifying realization is not that you might slip, but that you could leap.
Jul 17, 2020 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
In my country, making out in public and and sex are frowned upon. Quick kisses are fine though. I don't see why you would need to make out in public, I'd be embarrassed.
Jul 21, 2020 6:07 AM
Jul 2020
In Brazil that is very common and I actually think its sweet. It makes no difference for me if someone else is doing it, so why not? Love is such a beautiful thing, i dont think it is either disrespectful or annoying...

Making out is fine for me depending where. Its pretty normal in night clubs or other kinds of parties here (bars too), and I really dont care HAHAHA but that would be weird to do at a restaurant or some place like that.
rafacanto01Jul 21, 2020 6:14 AM
Jul 21, 2020 6:16 AM

Jul 2015
I don’t mind it, but if it’s just constant kissing it’s straight up fucking annoying.

Handholding is obviously a sin.
Jul 21, 2020 6:18 AM

Mar 2018
Public displays of affection ought to be punishable with death for they are the staple example of how mongrels behave. I will be kind as to allow my Gestapo to round up mongrels for repercussions.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jul 21, 2020 6:18 AM
Jul 2020
SadAkko said:
Oh good I’m glad I am not the only one who isn’t into public displays of affection. The most I do is take selfies in public. I won’t hold hands and I won’t put my arm around her shoulder or around her waist or my hand on the small of her back, but the girl can cling on to my arm if she chooses.

I also used to hug and girl and squeeze her butt when she gave me her phone number back in the day. I wonder if people can still get away with that in 2020. Probably wouldn’t go down so well anymore but back then it was a great way to flirt with a new girl and get her interested and thinking about you.

Wow hahaha i would be pretty pissed if a guy I almost dont even know did that to me. Depending on the day and the place u could even get slapped in the face.
Jul 21, 2020 6:29 AM

Jul 2011
I just look away as it's way too embarassing.

Jul 21, 2020 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
In my country if you so much as hold hands the police will accost you and ask for your marriage certificate. Like the lady carries it in her purse the whole time.

I personally don't mind them but nobody goes extreme here anyway.
Jul 21, 2020 6:41 AM

Dec 2016
I'm indifferent as long as they are not fucking in public
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Jul 21, 2020 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
rafacanto01 said:
SadAkko said:

Wow hahaha i would be pretty pissed if a guy I almost dont even know did that to me. Depending on the day and the place u could even get slapped in the face.

Well some of those girls gave me a fake number but fortunately no slaps (I approached many a girl for their number. Often failing but I did succeed 1/5 or 2/5 times).

Not many females have slapped me. Though I do strongly remember one time in my room when I was in my teens. I had two of my guy friends over and a girl that I had recently met and only been out with a handful of times. We were talking and somehow we got onto the subject of opinions of people. I ended up mentioning to her that one of my friends remarked that she "Has a forehead like a brick wall." And she promtly struck me in the face with a strong open palm. My friends fell over in laughter. I was shocked becuase I really didn't expect it (she did it like those tsundere girls in the anime shows reacting to fanservice). I didn't even think she had a forehead like a brick wall anyway. I don't know why she was shooting the messenger.
Jul 21, 2020 9:13 AM

Jan 2020
Does wearing matching outfits count? The trend originated from South Korea and has spread to the rest of the world. Beware of this cancer.

"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Jul 21, 2020 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
@vuxk my girl did get us matching brown leather jackets once. She also got us similar ye tdifferent Christmas jumpers and similar yet different sporty zip up hoodies. Many years ago we watched a comedy skit that I can't remember the name of and there was a scene with a black couple wearing completely identical outfits. I remember one of the lines said was, "They gonna think we twins."
So now I always say that to my girl when we are wearing similar clothing.

People also used to assume that my sister was my girlfriend between age 10 - 16.
Jul 21, 2020 9:23 AM

Oct 2012
I think it's cute, as long as it doesn't go overboard. Holding hands and quick little kisses are fine, but as soon as it comes to real making out in public, I don't support it anymore.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jul 21, 2020 9:41 AM

Sep 2017
Things like holding hands, quick kisses or tender gestures are really cute

But if they go beyond that, it's irrespectful and ew (they're already showing off their love to us single persons, that should be punished by death penalty)
Jul 21, 2020 10:08 AM

Jan 2020
SadAkko said:
@vuxk my girl did get us matching brown leather jackets once. She also got us similar ye tdifferent Christmas jumpers and similar yet different sporty zip up hoodies. Many years ago we watched a comedy skit that I can't remember the name of and there was a scene with a black couple wearing completely identical outfits. I remember one of the lines said was, "They gonna think we twins."

People also used to assume that my sister was my girlfriend between age 10 - 16.

Wow sorry man, it's unexpected that you've pulled it off lol.
For me, I'm okay with wearing clothes of the same color. It happened many times by chance, required as the dress code, or certain events are associated with certain colors. I feel wearing the exact same clothes is too much for me, but maybe I'm just too conservative.
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Jul 21, 2020 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
vuxk said:
SadAkko said:

Wow sorry man, it's unexpected that you've pulled it off lol.
For me, I'm okay with wearing clothes of the same color. It happened many times by chance, required as the dress code, or certain events are associated with certain colors. I feel wearing the exact same clothes is too much for me, but maybe I'm just too conservative.

lol no need to apologise I'm not upset or offended. I actually find it all quite amusing. I don't care much about fashion although I do have alot of fashionable clothing that I just don't bother to wear most of the time. I'm the kind of person who would wear a Christmas Jumper out of season for a laugh (last did that on my birthday last year in September). I also used to do weird / eccentric stuff like wearing hats with fake dreadlocks attached and walking around with a walking stick while hitting on girls and then I'd tell them that I'm a pimp and this is my pimp stick and my dick is half as long etc. Used to get alot of laughs and was a very good icebreaker. I'm not so exciting nowadays.
Jul 21, 2020 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
I'm not into voyeurism so I don't really care.

Jul 21, 2020 11:21 AM

May 2013
I don't care. It's something between two people.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 21, 2020 10:28 PM

Jan 2015
I consider public displays of affection to be lovely and public validation too
Hush-hush, Shh! :)
Jul 22, 2020 12:59 AM

Jun 2020
One half is that they should need to be self-aware, while the other is kinda sweet that it doesn't need to be tolerated.... as long as you shouldn't tolerate other people's view.

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Jul 22, 2020 1:01 AM

Apr 2013
I don't really care as long as it doesn't involve me. Just don't stand in my way and we're good.
Jul 22, 2020 1:34 AM
Jul 2018

Damuzen said:
Things like holding hands, quick kisses or tender gestures are really cute

But if they go beyond that, it's irrespectful and ew (they're already showing off their love to us single persons, that should be punished by death penalty)

Pretty much same response as this.

also; I’m forever alone! *ahem*
Jul 22, 2020 2:13 AM

Mar 2019
I fully support it, including public make out sessions. The more romance in the air the better as far as I’m concerned.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2020 6:27 AM

May 2009
vuxk said:
Does wearing matching outfits count? The trend originated from South Korea and has spread to the rest of the world. Beware of this cancer.

You know, I was gonna say I don't care or notice them, but... Yeah, not a fan of matching clothes. I can't remember the last time I saw a couple doing that. I thought that wasn't really popular anymore.

But then again, who am I to judge if two people want to wear matching clothes.
Jul 22, 2020 8:01 AM

Mar 2008
I think people should be considerate of others and not get too carried away with it or find a more private public space where it would be more expected. I especially find it cute with old couples holding hands and sweet talking because it is nice to see someone stay together a long time. I have mixed feelings on the levels I think are fine wherever. On one hand I find it sweet or cute but on the other hand it makes me long for it more and feel so much more alone.
Jul 22, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
DeadlyRaven said:
vuxk said:

You know, I was gonna say I don't care or notice them, but... Yeah, not a fan of matching clothes. I can't remember the last time I saw a couple doing that. I thought that wasn't really popular anymore.

But then again, who am I to judge if two people want to wear matching clothes.

Hey nice to see a mod (not a former mod) joining in the conversation instead of locking it down for once.

Now to keep things on topic - what do you guys think about public displays of affection on a Friday or Saturday night when people are out club hopping and bar crawling? Is it a bit more socially acceptable then? I’m thinking mainly in city centres where people start acting crazy and make out everywhere and throw up all over the place.
Jul 22, 2020 8:30 AM

Feb 2020
I think it is cute.

As long as it is at this level

And not this level

Jul 22, 2020 8:38 AM

Oct 2016
It depends of what the person doing. Hands holding, one laying on his/her shoulder is the closest acceptable thing of showing affection in public. Kissing long periods time on the hallway is fucking gross. Do it somewhere else where not of lot of people seeing doing your business or even better, privately. These kinds of people have one of the biggest egos out there and only care about nobody but their well being.
Jul 22, 2020 12:03 PM
Jan 2019
People here aren't so shy when it comes to public displays of affection so you ran into at least a few guy/girl couples full on tongue making out in the middle of the square or station. I even had "the pleasure" to witness an almost R-18 situation at a late night train. The two of them were humping and moaning like there's no tomorrow,luckily the train was almost empty so I just quickly changed the seats and turned up the music.

When it comes to gentle hugs,holding hands or pecks it's cute. But there's a line when it begins to go into the disgusting territory. Moreover,people are hypocrites. Two guys were going out of the bakery,sharing a burek and holding hands. Nothing more. And people were glaring at them like they're Jesus and Hitler holding hands. Some spat on their shoes,murmured slurs or ran into their shoulders. But if it was the other way around it would be "cute". Give me a break.
Jul 22, 2020 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
Normal kisses, hugging, holding hands: yes. If it looks like one of these two won't survive, because they will be eaten today, no.
Jul 22, 2020 4:37 PM

Dec 2015
It's gross if it's holding hands or kissing.
But it's super cool if it's reverse cowgirl or a reach-around.
Jul 22, 2020 4:39 PM

Oct 2015
Yeah as it's pointed out, it's comp fine to a certain level, and within the bounds of social etiquette. People should also be mindful of their surroundings and whether they're blocking somewhere. I once had the displeasure of coming across a couple making out on a freaking escalator, and I was in a hurry but couldn't walk past them.
Jul 22, 2020 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
I mean, who cares? If you're really that uncomfortable, ignore them.
Jul 22, 2020 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
Anything is fine except extreme kissing and ass grabbing. I remember one time when I was a kid, I was playing on an internet cafe and there was a couple beside me and were doing French kiss. I was really fucking disturbed, to the point I would really give them a word or two if only I was not a kid that time. I'm not sure about adults but explicit PDA is very common for teenagers here in my country.

Jul 25, 2020 7:50 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
SadAkko said:
Or what about those guys who hold their woman close when they see you approaching from the opposite direction. Are those guys insecure or what?

Probably, every time I see a hot guy approaching I push my girl straight into his arms.
Jul 25, 2020 1:00 PM

Jun 2013
I was raised not to do such a thing in public. I feel really uncomfortable even to get a kiss on the cheek in public. Holding hands is okay,bit almost making out is gross. These are thing that nobody should see.

ysphyr said:
It's ok (and sometimes cute) if both people involved are attractive or at least average looking.
But it's extra disgusting when uggos/fatties are making out in public. Should be illegal in every country.

Whoa that's really insensitive! Everyone is equally allowed to share positive feelings, if they feel comfortable. Even 'bigger' ppl can kiss.
If they okay with it they can do whatever they want.
Jul 27, 2020 12:33 AM

Sep 2013
indifferent really, it’s not something i pay attention to
Jul 30, 2020 7:38 AM

Oct 2017
Indifferent, I don't really care as long as it doesn't involve me.
And as others have said, the 'making out' levels are not appropriate in public.
Jul 31, 2020 6:06 AM

May 2018
I’m pretty indifferent about it, It's none of my business why should I care. You can just ignore them if you don't like it.
Jul 31, 2020 8:44 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Lux_Lucis said:
149597871 said:

Probably, every time I see a hot guy approaching I push my girl straight into his arms.

And here I thought you're the type to push her away and jump into his arms yourself.

Nah, that happened just once.

Besides, it's her fault that she's not holding me close enough in such risky situations anyway.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
41 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

47 by beazy12 »»
51 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.