Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 18, 2020 10:05 AM
Feb 2018
The break neck pace of this anime is top notch. The episode eneded as soon as it started. The animation is spectacular! The energy i get from watching this show is truly something else
Jul 18, 2020 11:04 AM

Jun 2012
A little bit fast paced imo, but animation is pretty dope. Also a bit sad, because it's missing a small detail from the webtoon
Jul 18, 2020 4:03 PM
Jun 2016
My main issue with it so far is the insanely fast pacing, if done right being fast paced is not a bad thing but we're getting next to no exposition which I dislike. It's a solid 7 for me right now but it may go a bit higher as it goes along.
Jul 18, 2020 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
As someone who hasn't read the webtoon I'd say the pacing is a little on the fast end (I did not expect Mo-ri to face and beat Man-seok so fast), which is fine for now when the plot hasn't taken off. At this point I guess we've been acclimated a little more to this higher tier of force that at least Mu-jin and mysterious figure from Man-seok's memories can use. Currently it seems like everyone who's participating are just really good fighters, but I'm guessing at least the main trio will learn it, and probably everyone featured thus far too.

And I don't think it's a stretch to speculate that this tournament is intended to find people who're suitable to learn/use this higher tier force, probably sponsored by the Korean government in some shape or form as a geopolitical ploy (it got Mu-jin into the Pentagon after all...).
Jul 19, 2020 5:49 AM

Jan 2020
Another really entertaining episode. Still not used to the red noses, though.
Jul 20, 2020 1:26 AM

Jan 2014
very good episode

5/5

Dariat said:
Of course the Webtoon/Manga readers would complain, they always do that.

I agree. This kids should just chill.

Jul 22, 2020 11:17 AM

Mar 2018
I thought Tower of God's animation was bad, until I saw this. The fight direction is pretty weird. The anatomy of characters are butchered. The camera angles are too up close. The cuts are jarring. And it looks like some key frames are missing. Oh well. Atleast, tower of god only lacked weight behind the punches.

Lol.
Jul 22, 2020 9:51 PM

Jan 2019
So we've locked down our main three, and our protagonist is doing protagonist things.

Yeah, this is an anime, though I'm sure plenty will disagree.
Jul 23, 2020 10:15 AM

Nov 2012
That was a great ep and what a fight! :))
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jul 23, 2020 2:23 PM
Sep 2008
If only the main character haven't interfered in the fight, and knowing there won't be real consecuences I'm dropping the serie.
Jul 25, 2020 7:10 PM

May 2020
GoH is really fun to watch, I like the MC's will and fighting spirit. Though it was kinda rush, but still a good one!
Jul 25, 2020 8:01 PM

Jul 2014
Going great till now. The animation still looks dope
Jul 28, 2020 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
This episode was fire!!!
Jul 29, 2020 12:52 PM

May 2016
Lets go baby I like how enjoyable each part of this show.
can't get enough of the op and ed either and already want to rewatch the whole
episode again.
Jul 31, 2020 2:25 PM
Jul 2020
dang wish go gamdo won but jin with the clutch. and also since I haven't read the manga I think that the purple thing is like the power system that going to be introduced. overall good ep really grew on me
Aug 2, 2020 12:50 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah Jin seems pretty good but this is the start of the show. The real question is how strong are these admin monsters?
Aug 2, 2020 12:52 PM

Jun 2020
The enemy STAND has appeared
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 5, 2020 4:46 AM
Sep 2018
I love this anime really !
Aug 5, 2020 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
Second episode and it's still very enjoying especially now with the 1v1 fights. So we got more information about our 3 main characters at least what they are fighting for. Mori is the Goku type of guy who just want to fight strong opponents. Daewi and Mira just need the money.

All 3 of them had simply no problem with their opponents. Reminded me on the preliminary rounds in Dragonball. Looked the same :D

The tone shifted with the fight between Gamdo and Manseok (our prison guy). It got way more intense and serious. At first it looked like Gamdo had the upper hand but Manseok, especially with his arms freed was on a complete different level. Things spiced even more up when Mori interfered in that fight when Manseok was about to break Gamdos arms.

That Mujin guy is still a mystery for me. What kind of power does he own in his hand? That giant hand imrprint on that island from the first episode and now he just overwhelmed Mori with holding his hand up lol. I wonder what kind of penalty Mori will get for his interference.
Natsu88Aug 5, 2020 7:17 PM

Aug 13, 2020 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
I expected that kid to interfere lol he's a white knight. Sucker punching someone in a fight that doesn't involve you meh. What about that girl with a wooden sword? Or that dude who's using a fucking bat? Lol If he cares about fighting dirty so much I think he should go after these weapon wielders. Anyway, what is with the red nose? Pollen allergy? Or cocaine? Lmao
Aug 16, 2020 6:21 AM

Sep 2018
Poor Gamdo! That's so cruel :( I'm glad Jin interfere. Jin is OP!
Aug 31, 2020 8:54 PM
Oct 2019
Little more interesting than the first episode. The kid interrupting the "fight" that was already over and then wrecking the crazy dude at his own game.

Idk what this organization is up to. Do these people have super powers? Is that a thing in this "world"?
Sep 13, 2020 1:01 AM
Aug 2018
Abysmal writing. First, considering the end of the 1st episode, you would expect the fight to continue but no. They decide to start the episode by not showing us directly what happen so we can have flashback instead of seeing it... (Mira broking Mori neck or something). If Mori was K.O, how did he qualify for next round ?

Regarding Mira glasses, except the fact that no one in his right mind would use glasses in a real fight (cause a punch can broke them and hurt you, also, considering how fast they move they would fly away in three seconds), you can't expect me to belive Mira has a good enough sight to fight but can't do the diference between Mori and the other guy. Just use lens already. The "I didn't have my glasses on" is neither original or funny.

After that, we probably have the worst "coincidence", all three characters just happen to walk in the same direction. That's the best writing I've seen during the whole year. And then, they just say in one second their motivation. Sure, just forgot building chara, just throw a one second flashback.
Speaking of motivation, Mira's 'goal" is really weird. We just see one scene with her father (again one second) telling her she must find a "successor" (whatever that means) and now we are supposed to believe it was enough to make her pratice swords for ten years ? That's very weak. That's not how you build a character, right ? By using some one second flashback, you're just putting chara in their respective "cliche" case.

Then, we have filler fights which are useless and bring nothing new, since we see the same fighter using the same move that in the first episode and the opening. At least, the studio didn't waste too much time (and our time) on them !

Finally, we have the big fight and while it's a much more interesting fight, the whole idea the "blind" guy decide not to give up is not realistic. You don't give up when you can win. There is no reason to suffer in a tournament (he's not trying to protect someone, giving up will not cost him his life) so getting tortured just because you "don't want to say please forgive me" (I don't even understand what the blind guy is supposed to "forgive him", they are fighting in a tournament...). I understand that "restricted guy" want to prove himself he's better than before and that anyone can beg for his life if they are getting beaten up (is this supposed to be a big revelation ?!) but that doesn't mean the blind guy action make sense.

Then, at the end, they start going full naruto mode with Mori using three kick to "restricted guy" face (which doesn't impact restricted guy trajectory in any way until the third kick land because science).

I don't mind out of the top fighting but considering the writer seems to consider one second flashback are enough to "build a character", use "coincidence" for useless stuff like character going the same way, has character whcih strenght level change every seconds... I have great doubts it will be an enjoyable anime (at least for me).

Rukodaime91Sep 13, 2020 1:05 AM
Sep 26, 2020 9:09 PM

Oct 2019
Despite being bogged down as clichéd, the God of High School is good in its own way- in the sense that clichés are fully embraced, and the first two episodes deliver. I wanted good action from this series, and so far I’ve gotten that. The background music this episode was very uplifting and I loved it. The ending by CIX is good too.
AcbSnakeDemonMar 24, 2021 9:17 PM
Oct 23, 2020 12:10 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I don't know about this one. It's pretty trashy so far.
Dec 11, 2020 12:23 AM

Nov 2013
I really can't get over how everyone is drawn with red nose and ears. This is not how humans work. It makes them seem drunk and puts the animation in the same category as shitty tumblr fanart.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 4, 2021 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
Too fast paced and vague so far without explanation on the key aspects imo. At least we got a glimpse into the main trio's goals even though them becoming friends so fast looks really weird. Not too sure what to think of Jin interfering in another guy's match as it could hurt the pride of the tai-chi guy but also saved his life. Besides that, the fights looked really dope.

Feb 9, 2021 7:17 PM
Sep 2020
"I want to become stronger!!"
"I want money"
"I want to revive my family's sword dojo"

Okay Gon, Leorio and Kurapika lolol.

(I just thought this was funny)
Mar 25, 2021 5:03 PM
Sep 2016
You know what annoys me a lot? When anime show a lot of bullying.
No, don't get me wrong, if it is used as part of story telling then it is good.

But you just know there will always be disposable bullies that ruin the day but then the hero comes and does something cool and saves the day. cliche I know..

What I realized is that bullying is far more prevalent in Korean manhua, doramas and movies than in let's say Japanese or Western ones.
Either they are relying too much on an easy cliche like a crutch or life in Korea in general is horrible and everyone since middleschool/highschool is a godless bully as if being a bully is the default state of the normal average person.

I haven't been to Korea, so tell me, are they actually fqd up in the head over there?
Jun 4, 2021 8:31 AM

Feb 2021
Ok I gotta say the fight sequences are friggin awesome. I have no complaints with it. But I'll point out about the unrealistic fight scenes where fighters are acting like superheroes. This isn't one punch man lol.

Jan 10, 2022 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
im in love with this show
May 1, 2022 12:22 PM

Feb 2018
A bunch of new characters joined our company in this episode. Gotta admit the fights visually are great
Sep 22, 2022 7:02 AM
Apr 2020
The anime was very rushed and misses out on pivotal key points occurring the manga which is understandable. But it would be better if they did adhere to the manhwa so it makes a bit more sense
Oct 24, 2022 3:21 PM
Oct 2022
I read the first hundred chapters of the manhwa and really liked it, but I refused to keep watching the anime when each episode tried to pack 20 chapters into a single episode.
Dec 25, 2022 5:41 PM
Apr 2020
eu gostei bastante, mas me disseram que foram retiradas muitas coisas do que realmente acontece no manga
May 25, 2023 1:58 AM

Dec 2022
Jin seems to have a righteous side to him. I guess he couldn't continue watching Go get pummeled. That guy was an asshole though.
Aug 24, 2023 10:31 PM
Feb 2020
i thought it was pretty good
Oct 12, 2023 2:42 PM
Nov 2022
great story, nice relationship building, good introduction and information on characters. 10/10
Mar 14, 12:55 AM
Feb 2024
705/1000
70/100
7/10.
Apr 17, 4:59 AM
Jun 2022
Those Kicks Were Nice , Now Let's See If Next Episode Is Good Enough For Me To Continue.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

290 by andreiivroski »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.