Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Foreword to those who try and make an episode discussion just for placeholder post WITHOUT watching the show, consequences will come raining down.

With that said, another episode, and the fire keeps burning SKY HIGH.

The big boys have made their move, and the competition has only started, but it's making headwaves. Nanomachines, huh.

Yoo Mira's backstory on her family and the katana of a heirloom, the struggles of keeping up a strong image and keeping the pace. Nice to see Daewi and Jin partner together with her in this journey.

Let the official competition begin, to crown the last man standing "The God of High School"! As the usual with the capable fighters that made their standout in Episode 1, this is epic at another level.

The match between Taichi Go Gam-do and North Korean Takewondo / Charyeok Gan Man-suk, not just in pure skill, but also in raw power. *FYI, Gan Man-suk's backstory is watered down to the minimum, so if you'd must, read the webtoon.* But the true bait, is the equal in power (or more so on Jin Mori's Renewal Takewondo interference) to defeat him once and for all, even if it meant the officials keeping him at bay.

His display of splendour, he has made history indeed, but at the expense of probation (or even disqualification altogether).

The God of Hand, Park Mujin. The one who pulverized the small island, and an unknown figure. Who he is, we'll know soon.

Another epic episode that doesn't hold back its violence, and yes, it's truly satisfying. SAKUGA MAPPA.
KANLen09Jul 13, 2020 8:43 AM
Jul 13, 2020 8:00 AM

Apr 2020
Woah woah woah. They're friends already? Lol.
So we learn why they fight now. Mori fights to find strong person, Han fights for the money and Mira fights to find a successor.
The fight between Gamdo and Manseok is kinda one sided but Mori is on the rescue. Mori beat the hell out of the enemy. Then suddenly Park appeared. I wonder what'll happen next. Hmm. The pacing is kinda rushed but the soundtracks and animation are top notch. It was a decent episode overall.
RegulusXJul 13, 2020 8:10 AM
Jul 13, 2020 8:03 AM

Nov 2016
Mah Miseon for best girl this season.

Still fast paced and most likely this won't change, but for this kind of series it's not really diminishing the enjoyment, it's nonetheless fun to watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2020 8:04 AM

Feb 2019
Time for another ep, already, wow this week flew by.

So you can unbreak your neck in this world? I dig it. Nice shameless plug there by webtoon and crunchyroll on the ring as well.

Damn that fight was getting pretty brutal, good thing Jin was there to step in. Could’ve ended really badly. That Park Mujin dude is really scary. He’s got some crazy power.

Really good episode, went by fast. Can’t get over how much of a banger that ED is, a genuine summer club bop. This show keeps impressing.
Jul 13, 2020 8:05 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Felt so much whiplash this episode. The fight from last week to the calm in the first half of this episode, then the quick unimportant battles, then lastly the two epic fights in the end of the episode. Those fights were a spectacle to behold.

The main characters really reminded me of other characters from other shows. Jin is like Goku from DragonballZ, Han is like Joey from Yugioh (dub), and Yu is like a mix of siblings Shinpachi and Otae from Gintama.

Pacing aside, this episode really knocked it out of the park again with the fight choreography.

The most important thing though, the advertisements from Crunchyroll on the arena walls were hilarious.
Jul 13, 2020 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
Animation on point. Really enjoyed this ep as well
Jul 13, 2020 8:09 AM
Oct 2016
Love this show already not letting up a single bit. Didnt quite get to see the rest of that cliffhanger from the premiere but got tons more goodness. It's actually pretty funny that Mira jumped up and cracked Mori neck for taking her sword. Parts of this episode dedicated towards developing the characters was quite nice. Seeing our main trio of Mori, Mira and Daewi search for her sword in the river. I feel like they're coming together nicely.

Saw a bunch of cool fights this episode as they continue the preliminaries. Pretty much got showcase for each of the badasses that are in the opening. Loved seeing all their matches after the glimpses last episode, even if they were super quick. Leading the main fight at the end with Manseok and Gamdo. Which was dope as hell!! Both put up crazy fights against one another, Manseok is a brutal bastard. Even with his backstory sort of shown of him being weak before and how he's projecting his past trauma into these fights but I still was happy when Mori knocked him across the room. Breaking the rules or not that was awesome. Can't wait to see him in a proper match. Animation still looked so crisp during the fights, it's amazing to look at and see as they go at it.
Jul 13, 2020 8:11 AM
Apr 2020
Really loved this episode and I cant wait to see more! The initially backgorund story of the characters were important for this episode and I also really liked the fights. One thing that is concerning me is the pacing. But still another really great week!
Jul 13, 2020 8:11 AM

Jul 2012
Awesome fights and music to go along with it. I'm liking Mori so far. I hope he's still going to be in the tournament after breaking the rules though.
Jul 13, 2020 8:13 AM
Apr 2020
I know I'll get some hate but I am really dissapointed in the anime so far. They rush it way too much, they don't use the animation budget on the important parts, they don't explain key character traits and features of the tournaments, the levels part is just forgotten, the flashbacks were so short and unnoticeable. At this point I think they just make an anime meant as an advertisment to the webtoon instead of a good anime. I prefered much more for them to stick to less material instead of rushing like that through the chapters.
No buildup.
Jul 13, 2020 8:14 AM

Feb 2020
Another week and one more episode of The God of High Scoohl ...

So our 3 main characters now are also friends, thats going to be interesting for future fights, specially now thta we know some of their background.

Really good episode, with same action and two great fights, just as the last one.

Just Waiting for next week!
Jul 13, 2020 8:20 AM

Jul 2014
Amazing looking episode, great stuffs. Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of the soundtrack, but I think it fits this anime perfectly.
Also feels like the MC gives a too OP vibe, but I guess it's just a small piece of the superpowers we're about to see.
Jul 13, 2020 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
The fight between Go Gam-do and Gan Man-suk was brutal. Good thing Jin Mori was there. Loved the way Jin Mori kicked Gan Man-suk's ass. Just how powerful is he.

I wonder what will happen to Jim Mori. It's not like he will be disqualified.

Jul 13, 2020 8:25 AM
Dec 2018
What a weird shitshow.

50% is actually greatly enjoyable and 50% is just straightup atrocius.

The composition of the episode and nearly every sequence, camera angles etc is so weird and random. really makes you think who was high during writing the sceneries.

all of the minor fights were offscreened and baited actual animation. The big fight was the good part, but then Jin mori suddenly kicked like 3 times in the air? and the opponent was supposed to get hit? wat. Or the debris that occured after (not a slight, which would be good) a big delay etc.

So many weird and bad things, but then again the choreography is mostly very smooth and nice to look at, in contrast to the animation which is very often missing in-between animations to make the moves look fluid. But no, it really feels like they are reling on key animation only for a lot of fights.

Well, thats Mappa for you. No flavour.

very, very weird
Jul 13, 2020 8:25 AM

Jul 2014
Man forgot how much early Jin Mori reminded me of Goku so much with his *I just wanna fight strong people* shtick, well technically he is still like that even now currently in the webtoon... and well theres another main reason why he is similar to him that people will find out soon, probably around the season finale.
That aside the animation is so fkcin good!!!! I am so glad this got an adaptation!
This is such a treat especially for webtoon readers, well other than the rushed adaptation but its still fine, nothing beats Nanatsu no taizai S1’s rushed adaptation so Im used to it.
-StrayJul 13, 2020 8:30 AM
Jul 13, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2020
Mira had a real flip switch when he dropped her sword, gave me the Gon vibes.

Loving how kinetic these fights are animated.

Cruncyroll advertising themselves on the ring lmaoo.
Jul 13, 2020 8:27 AM

Feb 2019
Fuckin dope sakuga during the fights. I am liking the production.

That cute underwear guy was strong tho and no wonder that tai chi guy got destroyed since tai chi isn't really martial arts.

There seems to be some supernatural elements too. Mujin park seems to be an interesting character.
Jul 13, 2020 8:29 AM

Aug 2012
Really good episode. Unlike ep1 only the animation of Mira fight looked like crap and only the mid air jump of MC in the end was unrealistic... you cannot change directions in mid-air without any magical power or something like this. Other than these two points solid episode. Good comeback , I am impressed.

Also still get the DOA clone vibe
Jul 13, 2020 8:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode, I really wonder what will happen to Mori, I hope he won't be disqualified
The fights were great, that some hardcore taekwondo xD
All the characters seem to have interesting past, especially Mira.
Jul 13, 2020 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
Fight choreography still solid and packed to the brim with tons with moments of fun (ignoring some minor shitty moments at times with the frame rates for being a bit choppy), everything else still bad (especially pacing since it makes a lot of stuff feel meaningless). About the same feelings as I had for the first episode. Characters I couldn't care for too since there really isn't any chemistry for me with them. All boring as hell.
Jul 13, 2020 8:30 AM

Apr 2016
Don't know how to feel about this show. I was really looking forward to this fight, too bad we didn't get to see this animated.

blnkxJul 13, 2020 8:35 AM
Jul 13, 2020 8:33 AM

Aug 2016
Amazing episode, we already have one of the best trios of the season imo. I'm looking forward to know more about the history of Han because i feel like he is not fighting just for money.

The president of United States looks like Tony Stark. LUL
Jul 13, 2020 8:34 AM

Jul 2017
Maybe it's the adaptation, but all these mini flashbacks between the scenes are really annoying, and i still can't understand what is happening at all. Some scenes are really bad, like how Yu Mira lost her sword on the bridge.

I will just ignore the non-sense plot and focus on the fights/animation so maybe i can enjoy the show...
renanmonacoJul 13, 2020 8:47 AM
Jul 13, 2020 8:35 AM

Mar 2020
animejas said:
Fight choreography still solid and packed to the brim with tons with moments of fun (ignoring some minor shitty moments at times with the frame rates for being a bit choppy), everything else still bad (especially pacing since it makes a lot of stuff feel meaningless). About the same feelings as I had for the first episode. Characters I couldn't care for too since there really isn't any chemistry for me with them. All boring as hell.

I can already see this being your overall thought for this anime once this gets finished which is fair and square
this series is for only action fights with an okayish story
Jul 13, 2020 8:36 AM

Nov 2018
We already have another episode of this fire anime. Gotta love the Webtoon and Crunchyroll advertisements on the walls of the arena.

The animation has been top-notch so far and that one fight was getting pretty rough between Manseok and Gamdo so Jin Mori stepped in and broke the rules but he beat him down which was a really cool fight. Park Mujin seems really intimidating from what we have seen of him.

On top of the awesome fight scenes, the 3 main characters seem to be becoming good friends already. We also got more background information on the characters this week. Can't wait for episode 3.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jul 13, 2020 8:37 AM

Oct 2017
Lmao they're butchering the already non existent story of the first arc of GOH, there were some really good moments in the first few chaps including the chaps adapted in this one. There were more to the slap than the anime showed and also the way Mira and Mori's little conflict was resolved was also changed and skipped.

Oh well looks like they'll only focus on the action and even then they're changing some of the stuff but hey it's still hype and brutal so it's fine.
MegamiRemJul 13, 2020 10:09 AM
Jul 13, 2020 8:48 AM

Jun 2020
It was okay I guess. My biggest problem is the pacing. Everything seems to go so fast. Episode starts, and boom, three of them are now good friends. I really like the Mira character, when her hand was shown to have a lot of bruises because of training, that was sad I guess. Daewi is also an interesting character, I always love a character who needs money to help their parents operation/friend/wife/grandparents, these kinda characters always end up becoming awesome. Then we have Jin, he... he just wants to be stronger, the reason is still unknown, but I guess that's just every typical Shounen MC.

Now for the fights, what can I say except it was well choreographed, but I wish they would've shown us a full fight of Daewi and Mira instead of a few second clip of them one shotting their opponent. But at least we saw Jin's fight which was done well. Jin intervenes between a match, I was expecting him to do that lol. I would've been really mad if they pulled up some kind of bullshittery and let the match continue even when Jin broke a rule, but I'm glad they didn't do that. I would've liked it more if they took an episode or two to properly introduce Daewi and Mira. Just like I said before, the biggest problem is the fast pacing, its all moving too fast. I'd rather have a 24 episode where the pacing is normal and we get a proper introductions and stuff than a 13 episode where the pacing is lightning fast and we barely know anything about the main characters.

I was hoping that this guy could've gave a good fight to Jin but of course, he got one shotted. Also I didn't like how that bonding scene between Daewi, Mira and Jin was so fkin fast, like bruh, 5 minutes really? At least give us 10 minutes if them. How am I supposed to sympathise with the characters if I don't properly know them. Hope they don't keep this up in the later episodes.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jul 13, 2020 8:50 AM

Feb 2019
Blank_X said:
Don't know how to feel about this show. I was really looking forward to this fight, too bad we didn't get to see this animated.

Damn, would've loved to see this serious face in the anime too, sad that we didn't get this,
Jul 13, 2020 8:51 AM

Feb 2018
That was fast paced also the triple kick was better in webtoon

Jul 13, 2020 8:52 AM
Dec 2018
2 episodes in 12 chapters in the webtoon. (+ they skipped a ton of shit) pretty garbage adaptation tbh
Jul 13, 2020 8:52 AM

Jun 2020
renanmonaco said:
Maybe it's the adaptation, but all these mini flashbacks between the scenes are really annoying, and i still can't understand what is happening at all. Some scenes are really bad, like how Yu Mira lost her sword on the bridge.

I will just ignore the non-sense plot and focus on the fights/animation so maybe i can enjoy the show...

Same man, like the flash backs were so annoying. Mira's scene with Jin, they could've done better, they could've took some time to add more drama but everything happened at the speed of light. The only good thing is the fight, that's it. And I give 80% of the credit to Mappa's amazing animation. But they need to seriously fix the pacing.

Jul 13, 2020 8:53 AM
Nov 2015
This anime is great! So much better than I ever expected it to be!

And, up until now, it's being an amazing adaptation aswell, I tried reading the original to see how it would continue from last week's episode but it can't even compare! I'm loving it!
Jul 13, 2020 8:55 AM
Mar 2017
I'm confused,i don’t know what to say,It's too rushed!!
Wasn’t the battle royal supposed to continue, why is it one by one now!!
A battle royal cannot end untill there is a single winner!!!!!
& the short flashback of how they meet the judges,is that it!!! Aren’t they gonna show actual scene,what happened there?
Jul 13, 2020 8:56 AM
Dec 2018
felipeliborio said:
This anime is great! So much better than I ever expected it to be!

And, up until now, it's being an amazing adaptation aswell, I tried reading the original to see how it would continue from last week's episode but it can't even compare! I'm loving it!

dont think i can take statements like this serious anymore, sounds like bait
Jul 13, 2020 9:02 AM

Jun 2020
RihanD said:
& the short flashback of how they meet the judges,is that it!!! Aren’t they gonna show actual scene,what happened there?

Exactly my freakin point. Wasn't it supposed to be a battle royale? Then why's there more than one contender. Also what happened to the fight between Jin and that other big evil dude? I thought they would've picked up where they left from, but they didn't. It feels WAY TOO rushed, and I don't even read webtoon and I can already tell that this is rushed.

Jul 13, 2020 9:04 AM

Oct 2017
Still not sure how I feel about this show. I don't typically enjoy shows like this one, but so far I've been engaged, so I'll keep watching.

I wonder what kind of punishment Mori will get for joining someone else's fight.
Jul 13, 2020 9:06 AM
Mar 2017
Arin-san said:
RihanD said:

Exactly my freakin point. Wasn't it supposed to be a battle royale? Then why's there more than one contender. Also what happened to the fight between Jin and that other big evil dude? I thought they would've picked up where they left from, but they didn't. It feels WAY TOO rushed, and I don't even read webtoon and I can already tell that this is rushed.
Nothing to do untill someone who read the webtoon come & explains it to us!!!
Jul 13, 2020 9:06 AM

Feb 2010
This has rushed adaptation all over it, those fast flashbacks..... if only this went for 24 it's totally will be amazing (since GoH first arc is basically the best among all) as a reader i agree there are some parts that should be cutted-off but not this fast.... well but okay, still entertaining.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jul 13, 2020 9:07 AM

Jul 2020
the pacing was still a bit fast but gotta say that TRIPLE KICK from Mori was nice af!

decent episode overall. Both sound track and the animation was spot on.

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 13, 2020 9:09 AM

Mar 2016
The "sakuga" is still lit as fuck and all, along with a few flashback drops. Almost just as entertaining as the first episode, though the storytelling is still all over the place, so the individual characters don't get much highlight besides Jin.

This Park dude is kinda interesting, though.

At this point, every sane person should realize it won't do that any good trying to think too hard about story depth or anything.

Really loving that 1-2 punch that the OP and ED give to manage the audience's experience of the series.
Jul 13, 2020 9:10 AM
Jun 2015
Fun episode with some great action. The martial arts guy got his ass kicked bad. Even his calming flashback cliche didn't help. Damn. The neck break was funny as shit and so unexpected. I'll stick to it. MAPPA is doing a great job
Jul 13, 2020 9:11 AM

Jun 2019
So, I guess my boy's gonna get disqualified. :(
Jul 13, 2020 9:20 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Ooh MAPPA is carrying this shit too hard. Damn, the opening is probably the worst in the history of anime.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 13, 2020 9:21 AM

Jul 2017
goddamn, just watching this for the OST and fights is already amazing enough lol, really digging the main protagonist so far. Main FeMC.....eh, hope she gets better

that being said, it did definitely feel quite fast at times lol
Jul 13, 2020 9:24 AM
Nov 2015
DruMzTV said:
dont think i can take statements like this serious anymore, sounds like bait

Well, it isn't. As far as cheap, laid back, entertainment goes, this is gold. I can just enjoy 24 minutes of sakuga, comedy, violent action and fighting in a fast paced show every week, I can't see why I should complain about anything in this show.
Jul 13, 2020 9:27 AM
Apr 2020
cchigu said:
Ooh MAPPA is carrying this shit too hard. Damn, the opening is probably the worst in the history of anime.

2/5

The animation team at MAPPA is carrying. The rest of the team not too much.
Jul 13, 2020 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
This is fantastic I'm loving it.

I started reading the manhwa in parallel, gonna keep that up until the anime ends before I read ahead. It's nice that they inserted some of the skipped content from the first episode back here as small flashbacks for character motives.

The action is absolutely insane, it's very enjoyable to watch with the over the top stylized patterns.
That Webtoon/Crunchyroll logos on the ring though, stealth promotion much? XD

To be honest, I was expecting Jin to take on that guy in the semi-final but I'm very glad that he decided to settle it right then and there and interrupt the battle. Couldn't help but grin when he made his entrance. That glorious kick to finish him off, classy.

I loved the scene where Jin was walking back for his 'punishment' and Daewi and Mira smiled at him in acknowledgment of him doing the right thing.
Time to go read the manhwa upto this point and wait for the next episode.

I wish Tower of God had gotten an adaption like this.
Jul 13, 2020 9:31 AM
Apr 2019
Hell yeah! Episode 2 baby.

This episode was rushed, since I noticed that they cut deliberately those important parts like the characters backstory. Still those animation is lit. It is clean and smooth that is fitting for those fights. I'm not surprised though, because they used motion capture for the fight scenes.

Overall, since the episode is rushed yet good, then I will rate it 4/5
Jul 13, 2020 9:32 AM

Nov 2010
Don't you just love a baddie Sugibro
Jul 13, 2020 9:35 AM

Aug 2016
Why is that one guy allowed to use a bat? Are weapons not prohibited?

So someone could bring a gun or knife if they wanted.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

489 by vladyatsuk »»
May 12, 5:07 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 10, 2020

173 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
May 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

239 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 7:21 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

291 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.