Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 6, 2020 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, this episode's otome flag tropes are up in the air. Felt kinda bad for Katarina being put on the spot but thankfully, she had friends to support her.

Gerald's theory about the darkness is kinda scary, not to mention the dream where Katarina found all her friends collapsed. Scary moment imo. This seemed like one of the more serious episodes compared to the others.
Jun 6, 2020 10:03 AM

Feb 2018
What's with this atmosphere, there seems to be a problem, I'm curious what is written on the paper.

It seems like you really enjoy the food, ehhh ... what the hell is that? Look like a black smoke, I don't think it will cause a problem, I hope Maria can talk to the others before leaving.

It was a nightmare, a future full of mystery.

Jun 6, 2020 10:58 AM

Feb 2019
Yes of course you can take Maria https://imgur.com/a/7RjmZcv

Never trust the “nice quiet” guys. Pretty obvious from the jump that President was hiding something. He was too nice, too likeable, too perfect. Seems like he’s jealous of the friendships that Katarina has developed with everyone. Probably one of those naruto esque sad backstories with parents who didn’t really care and a community that shunned him.

Hell of a cliffhanger to leave off on, excited for next week’s episode and the last couple! :)
Jun 6, 2020 11:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm being judged by the nobles within the academy huh an interesting experience indeed. Still her friends sure crushed the so called proof pretty easily while also unintentionally insulting her in the process lol. Maria's testimony though proved to be the perfect tide changer though due to both its sincerity and her readiness to strike at the true bullies when needed. So Dark magic is essentially mind control magic huh. Fitting that such magic required a high cost in order to attain though. To think that the prez was the dark magic user. His cold rage and hatred towards Kat though sure contrasts well with his surface persona. Overall an interesting ep that did well in setting the scene for the finale by introducing the villain for this arc. Quite curious to see where this goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2020 11:05 AM
Oct 2016
Talk about a crazy twist. Should've guessed that Sirius would be an important character given his design and sky introduction earlier in the show. The beginning had me on edge not gonna lie with the girls confronting Catarina with what seemed like mounting evidence. Looked really rough until the squad showed up to help and saved her. The new dropping moment though had to be when Catarina said that lunch break was the last time they saw Maria. Had me holding my breath thinking now we're in the dark route.

Further showing that when Geordo came and explained to Catarina everything about why those girls confronted her, along with the dark magic. Makes perfect sense there'd be dark magic since they introduced light before. Having it only acquired through human sacrifice makes it extra dark. Maria being able to see it also explains why she was disappeared, light magic being able to break the dark. Kind of poetic when ya think about it. Loved the show of seeing Sirius standing in the dark void and Maria with the light shining around her. The two sides going for Catarina. It did seems sad like Catarina pointed out, Sirius almost seems conflicted about coming after her. Heading for a showdown.
Jun 6, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2017
FINALLY, LIKE FINALLY, we're back to the LN adaptation, the decision arc "The Footsteps of Destruction"!

The interrogation of Bakarina Claes, it all starts here, her doom flags! As the Fortuine Lover otome game sets in motion the situation of events, the clique of princes and princesses naturally protected Katarina (of course, with the latter only knowing the sequence of events).

Due to Katarina's misjudgment, Maria becomes MIA...everyone, even the Student Council President is assured that she's fine, but physical presence is different from thinking of her, and Prince Geordo fills in the gaps of her disappearance. With the threat of Katarina being the potential target in the midst of all this, all is gone astray.

But then again, a route to which Katarina may not expect? That could be possible as well. And remember a few episodes ago where we didn't know ANYTHING about the Student Council President, Sirius Deek, THAT single, unobtainable route? @_MushiRock11_ this IS your answer!

The hidden character of the otome game, Sirius Deek, finally makes his move towards Maria, with light and dark opposing magic to boot. A character with sadness written on his face, but reeks of a dark and sombering presence to swallow Katarina into the realms of darkness.

How will all this end out??? Next week, the continuation!
KANLen09Jun 6, 2020 12:15 PM
Jun 6, 2020 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
This thing is getting darker and I loved it! It kinda bugged me how Geordo (or Gerald, according MAL) knew and talked that much about dark magic. So our bad guy is the council president, I wonder if he's being controlled by someone else, I would like to see his backstory, if he has any.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 6, 2020 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
So the student council president, Sirius, was the hidden route. Not surprised tbh.

Things didn't go well for Katarina but luckily for her, her friends are there/

With two episodes to go, I'm interested to see how this will end.

Jun 6, 2020 11:15 AM

Feb 2020
The ost for Katarinas dream slapped

Jun 6, 2020 11:16 AM

Apr 2020
"My simple-minded sister isn't even capable of such elaborate harassment" Nice way to say: she's too stupid to do this

"I think they're sticking up for me, but I kind of feel insulted..." XD

Jun 6, 2020 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
Aaaahhh. So she's on the super bad end route at this rate.

That cliffhanger is making me want next week's episode to be out rn lol
Jun 6, 2020 11:22 AM

Apr 2010
I didn't expect this at all. I mean, The thing with the girls at first seemed weird, but made sense in a way, cause they don't like her. But the thing with the president... Oh my...

Jun 6, 2020 11:25 AM

Mar 2015
So we are in to get one more member to the Harem, it will be a tough road but Katarina is already working her way to get into his heart.
Jun 6, 2020 11:27 AM

Oct 2017
The president finally showed his true colours, he hates Katarina for some reason and I'm really curious to see why he hates her that much.
Jun 6, 2020 11:30 AM

Mar 2018
Here we go, knew there was something about Sirius but couldn't put my finger on it really... Seems he is the last boss of the whole quest and he cried at the end before the ending, curious as to why!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jun 6, 2020 11:31 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that twist though. Keeping aside the convenient flashback, that was one surprise. Geordo-sama's hunch is right on the mark, after all.

Certainly a different episode to the previous lot with the more serious mystery tone but it's nice to see that Catarina is the same " not clever" & "not smart" character xD.

I figured the President was the remaining route but this is certainly darker than I imagined it'd be.

Definitely curious to see how she'll handle this "sixth" route next episode and the truth behind all this...

@KANLen09 Yup, seems like it!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 6, 2020 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
Katarina so dense she straight up believed President wasn't the hidden character despite already knowing what he looks like just because he denied an "are you the bad guy?" from her. The President also probably has a tragic background or something, seems like there is more to his character
Jun 6, 2020 11:55 AM

Apr 2015
Katarina was about to be framed by these girls who have solid evidence for Katarina harassing Maria, yeah right! Harem power too strong for that girl!

Maria went missing quickly afterwards, but kudos for Geordo for investigating the matter on his own uncovering some evidence. When they said that it happened at the time they were all at a student council meeting, that I realized, it's the council president behind it and the moment he was standing before Katarina when she sat on the bench, confirmed it for me!!

Her doom flag is here!!
Jun 6, 2020 11:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Things got a lot darker than I expected. Dark magic, people disappearing, even murder...that was not expected imo.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 6, 2020 11:58 AM

May 2020
Thought for the day: "Blessed is the mind too small for doubt"
Jun 6, 2020 12:15 PM

May 2019
I had started to think that this anime was becoming kinda bland but this episode took those worries away for now. The best episode so far.

I've been wondering why the red-haired dude wasn't a conquerable character, and now I've got my answer. I now wonder what's his reason for acting like that. He reminds me of a certain character from a certain otome game.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jun 6, 2020 12:18 PM
May 2015
And now the serious part of the story with Sirius starts!

Jun 6, 2020 12:24 PM
Dec 2010
He is proberly mad as the MC, because she cancelled the marrige her dad had set up for her. And in doing that she, somewhat, put the President family on hard times in terms of money.
Jun 6, 2020 12:27 PM
Apr 2018
The conversation between GERALD & KATARINA was kinda scary. That conversation in a dark room really made a mood like "Listening to a story".

At first i thought, the dark magic must be the game settings to doom KATARINA ; later found out to be President's acquired dark magic. The president started showing his other side.
Poor President ; he couldn't get past the Dense KATARINA.
The situation was kinda cliche, but seriously can't wait for the next episode.
Doutei-kunJun 6, 2020 12:33 PM
Jun 6, 2020 12:49 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So it seems that Fortune Lover has a dark twist involving the student council president Sirius. If Bakarina doesn't overcome his hidden route she will be dealt with a fate worse than her initial doom routes. Changing Sirius's heart won't be easy since he already hates Bakarina's guts.

Only two episodes left.
Jun 6, 2020 12:56 PM

Oct 2008
...and we're back to form. This was amazing payoff with some great plot development.

The entire episode was great, but that line delivery for "大丈夫ですか?" broke my heart. It wasn't a sarcastic, "Are you alright?". It was so pure and genuine. Instead of just being a mere means to an end (pacifying him in order to save Maria, etc...), she really wanted to understand and empathize with him first. Most of the time, people lash out not because the're bad people or have evil intentions, but because they're feel that they are all alone, helpless and misunderstood. I really wish I had someone to say that to me when I am angry, bitter or upset. I'd just lose all my anger and burst into tears. (^.^')

Also, the President looks to be the perfect dark reflection of Katarina, dealing with one of the biggest issues I was hoping the series would touch on from the very beginning. Is Katarina a hypocrite? I mean, she's obviously been helping everyone out for the sole purpose of avoiding her own death flags.

Thus far, I am beyond impressed. Looking forward to how the show reconciles this moral quandary in the final two episodes!

Marinate1016 said:
Yes of course you can take Maria https://imgur.com/a/7RjmZcv

Damn! Didn't catch that one. And I thought I was the master of double entendres.
Jun 6, 2020 1:02 PM

Feb 2018
It was pretty obvious it the President, but I wonder if he'll end up like everyone else: a part of Bakarina's harem.

And is Maria just straight up gone forever? Bakarina said they never saw her again after that day. Wtf that's not cool. Boo
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 6, 2020 1:09 PM

Feb 2007
What a way to defend her... :D
Jun 6, 2020 1:10 PM
Jan 2017
It's nice to see My Next Life as a Villainess return to the main storyline after previous episodes focused on the supporting cast. Don't get me wrong, those episodes were good, but I felt that they distracted a bit too much from Katarina's quest to avoid doom. Aside from revisiting the main story, this episode also ramps up the dramatic factor by putting both Katarina and Maria in danger at the hands of the most unlikely of antagonists. Now that the show is moving towards the endgame, I hope that it recovers some of its lost strength and delivers a satisfying conclusion.
Jun 6, 2020 1:35 PM

May 2014
Ah yes. The very moment where the series goes from ten to a billion in one foul swoop and becomes twisted as hell. Still thought some parts were rushed (like come on, there was no build up to the judgement event, and it lasted ~5 minutes) but I'm overall quite satisfied with how this episode was adapted!
Jun 6, 2020 2:12 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Hmm...I wonder how a dark magic user like Sirius ended up as student council president? I mean, mind control magic certainly has NO political applications. That also does make you wonder why the "black-hearted, sadistic prince" knows so much about it.

Also, as much as the trope of wandering off alone into danger can be annoying, at least it makes a lot of sense with Katarina's character, not to mention the fact that the danger was hiding in plain sight.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jun 6, 2020 2:14 PM

Feb 2014
I had a good feeling that Sirius would be the hidden route of the Fortune Lover game when the show first mentioned about it. Thankfully this episode confirms my guess, although the events that followed after the reveal was something I didn't expect to see happening at all.

Katarina was able to breeze past her "original" doom flag scene when her friends came to her rescue, even though they were right to call her simple minded and dumb. XD

However, Maria went missing and that caused a lot of unease for everyone involved. Thanks to Geordo's intel, Katarina had a good idea about what dark magic users were capable of and how they acquired their powers in the first place.

Sadly, she was caught all alone by Sirius and it wasn't long before he dropped his facade and showed his true colours to her. Not only that, but he really, REALLY hates Katarina and proceeds to engulf her with his magic.

I wonder how the next episode will play out. Katarina has wandered into the toughest route of them all and if she doesn't conquer Sirius, then not only will she die, but all of her friends will die as well. No pressure, then. ^_^;
Jun 6, 2020 2:14 PM
Nov 2019
Nice double-entree in the council of Katarina's - "Can she take her favourite hoe?".

Loved the bit where they all said she was too thick to dream up the bullying plot & Katarina was "Am I being insulted?".

At least this episode is back on track to the LN the next two episodes probably cover "The Footsteps of Destruction" arc.

So she has to conquer the president and his dark magic or she and all her Harem die in the ultimate doom ending (that she never did in the game but her friend had and dropped some spoilers, but has Katarina remembered enough of them.)

The next two episodes should be fun and a bit darker too.
Jun 6, 2020 2:28 PM

Mar 2019
A new end spawned out of nowhere, how convenient xD
Also darkness magic is a thing
Jun 6, 2020 2:30 PM

Nov 2017
Great episode! The moment Bakarina's gang stood up for her was so satisfying. Gud stuff~
The moment the student president showed up in that garden I knew it was him. It was either him, someone from the gang or a complete random villain.

I do wonder about a few episodes back when the shadows showed up in that dungeon. Didn't those shadows save Katarina and her friend? So he saved her? Then tried to get rid of her and her friends but I didn't overlook those tears at the very end of this episode.. I'm sure theres more to it and Katarina will probably somehow turn him on the right track so that even he can have a good ending or something

plz @ me
Jun 6, 2020 2:54 PM

Nov 2009
LUL

"Bakarina is too baka to bully anyone."

Poor Bakarina, being defended only to be officially titled as the dumb girl, lol.

___ ___ ___

And here comes the "real villain"

Time for Bakarina to "accidentally" add another character to her harem.

(tho now that I think about it... it still felt weird how none of Bakarina's stalkers are stalking Bakarina)
amlgJun 6, 2020 3:10 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 6, 2020 2:58 PM

Jun 2019
Well, I guess we'll see how effective her bump of dirt magic is against dark magic.
Jun 6, 2020 3:18 PM

Nov 2016
No chance against Katarina's harem.

Nice twist and pretty unexpected for me, but it's good to see that the plot is finally picking up again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 6, 2020 3:19 PM
May 2017
Now i know why people call this girl an idiot
Jun 6, 2020 4:02 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that took a pretty drastic tone shift
Jun 6, 2020 4:33 PM

Mar 2010
Aids has hit the fan, Man these hidden characters that sabotage all your progression are such a pain. Like a hidden OP boss that makes your grinding of 8 hours aday pointless when it kills you in 1 hit Oof and eek.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 6, 2020 5:18 PM
Dec 2015
Since I read the manga, the physical volumes not online, I knew what was going to happen. I still enjoyed the episode a lot, I feel like they made the President less evil, especially with how he was crying at the end. It made me like him more, I'm super excited to learn his back story (since volume 3 ended where this episode did and volume 4 isn't coming out any time soon.) I also want to see more of Maria standing up for herself and her friends, instead of being the quiet helpless heroine she is originally supposed to be. It's gonna be interesting to see how Katarina will obliviously seduce the President lol.
Jun 6, 2020 5:34 PM

Oct 2015
Finally something interesting, I was starting to get boring with this show but with this I regained interest on it.

President being the hidden route was obvious, but I didn't expected he could go so far.
Jun 6, 2020 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
Geordo knows an awful lot about Dark Magic, where my comfy show at it got all serious this episode.

Even with the culprit right in front, threatening her Katarina is so kind she still cares and worries about his being.
Jun 6, 2020 6:16 PM
Mar 2015
The dark magic reveals itself and attacks Katerina
Jun 6, 2020 6:18 PM

Apr 2013
I like the CV change when he finally revealed his "true" nature. I wonder which voice they will use when he is saved.

Jun 6, 2020 6:33 PM

May 2020
Enjoyed the twist of the President having dark magic. Looks like Katarina will have to add another wagon to the "Katarina Harem Train" and save the Dark magician.
P.S: "Katarina isn't mart enough to do this" rip
Jun 6, 2020 6:50 PM

Nov 2018
Koito91 said:
Here we go, knew there was something about Sirius but couldn't put my finger on it really... Seems he is the last boss of the whole quest and he cried at the end before the ending, curious as to why!

If you know why he cried? Then you will the short detail next episode along the saving Katrina...
Jun 6, 2020 6:53 PM

Dec 2013
I like how everyone defended Catarina by pointing out how much of an idiot she is.

Not surprising that the president was the mastermind but the reveal still gave me chills!
Jun 6, 2020 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! I honestly thought that Katarina would be able to defend herself, i thought she already got it that the doom endings that she would get from her friends, will never happen.
Even though everyone defended her by calling her dumb xD

That ending! Oh boy! I wasn't expecting that here.
So the President hates her and kidnapped Maria.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

192 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.