Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 2, 2020 1:45 AM

Nov 2017
delaled again due corona virus outbrake.....
Now Loading.....
May 2, 2020 4:46 AM

Jul 2013
Holy fuck. The staff of Railgun is truly something. It's obvious the studio truly cares for Misaka. The scene where Kuroko defeats Mitori was simply amazing.
Cannot wait for the climax of the battle. I will wait for it as long as they deliver like they did with the previous episodes.

Laplace_kun said:
ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH MISAKA AND HER VA 🎊
I knew the birthday of her voice actress was the 2th of May, but I never realized that she also shared her birthday with Misaka.
Happy Birthday for both of them then :)
May 2, 2020 5:43 AM
Jan 2016
Great episodo!

Kuroko was able to beat Mitori with that awesome moves, also with Uiharu's help! Loved it!

Misaki also had a trap for Kihara, her gumble to erase her memory was so damn good!

Seems next episode is time for Touma to shine, looking forward to it!
May 2, 2020 7:41 AM
Jul 2017
ssjokg said:
Chikenfrieds said:
Kuroko proved to be more badass than any other character Literally let the knife penetrate her hand.

Meanwhile Touma literally poking the ball of deathly death for like 3-4 episodes now when he could have done it right away... Couldn't literally reach out and cancel the entire thing? it's like his power is now nerfed just to make the arc last longer

Heh, it's not like Index showed at least 4 instances where his Imagine Breaker didnt cancel a power.

You expect too much form an anime only my friend. Lower your expectation please!
May 2, 2020 9:22 AM

May 2015
Kurko KO that bitch with a style.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 2, 2020 10:54 AM

Aug 2019
that fight scene with kuroko was just *french kiss*

the power of lesbians truly is strong.
May 2, 2020 11:53 AM
May 2018
Why that episode felt like it was 1 minut long!? Damn, time move fast when watching this show
May 2, 2020 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Misaki did beat the doctor, that was a great plan and honestly the smartest way to use her ability.
But it's still not over with Misaka...

Kuroko was probably the MVP of this episode. She played really badass in the sewers.
It was a great episode, i just hope the next episodes won't get delayed...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 2, 2020 8:41 PM

Jan 2011
sometimes i forget how great Kuroko can be when she isn't thirsty as fuck for bribri overall great fights of little bits of mind games from everyone , was dreading not having a episode right after Misaki got mind jacked thankfully didn't need to wait too long to see how she got out of it,makes sense to use her powers that way even if it was a huge gamble
May 2, 2020 9:10 PM

Jan 2019
I think some people see Kuroko just as comic relief, but like she's proved herself numerous times like in the Level Upper arc or the Tree Diagram Remnant arc... and this arc of course.
May 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Nov 2011
I was always waiting for an awesome Kuroko's fight like this one. I had known that she had a top class ability, but I actually wanted more roles for her in Level Upper and Sister arc. This arc finally delivered that.
Jim_HeartMay 3, 2020 5:27 AM
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
May 3, 2020 6:03 AM
Apr 2020
I am so excited to next episode
May 3, 2020 8:12 AM

Feb 2013
Chikenfrieds said:
Kuroko proved to be more badass than any other character Literally let the knife penetrate her hand.

Meanwhile Touma literally poking the ball of deathly death for like 3-4 episodes now when he could have done it right away... Couldn't literally reach out and cancel the entire thing? it's like his power is now nerfed just to make the arc last longer

Kuroko Was not playing around she beat the hell out of that girl. Very Violently.
May 3, 2020 8:40 AM

Sep 2013
Kuroko just became Touman and punch the girl in the face
Badass.
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
May 3, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2017
Another good episode. Mitori being hit by Kuroko was so satisfying while Kuroko taking that knife to the hand was badass. The only think that I don't like was that the lack of foreshadowing for the self-destruct code in the anime, its weird since it was in the manga.

But anyway, very good episode!

HaXXspetten said:
I wonder if all that recap time was because they figured people would somehow forget after being on break for a bit, or if they just wanted to cut down production time due to the effects of the pandemic

According to staff, because they wanted to provide a summary of events for people who lost track of the plot due to the many delays and scattered broadcasts.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 3, 2020 2:14 PM

Jun 2011
This episode was perfect. Kuroko was awesome.
What a shame we need to wait another 2 weeks, but well, this season is so awesome that it's worth waiting.
I think the recap stuff was useful considering the prolonged breaks between airing time of eps lately, and I don't see it as a way to just buy some time, it was nicely done.
May 3, 2020 5:07 PM

Jun 2012
Finally got to my most anticipated scene from the manga: Kuroko kicking the shit out of Kozakou. Did not disappoint.

• Takes a knife through the hand
  • Smacks that bitch in the face
  • Follows up with a roundhouse kick
  • And finishes her off with a fucking dropkick to the head.

Kuroko is a badass mofo.
Haunt-botMay 3, 2020 5:17 PM
Shoot first, think never.
May 5, 2020 1:20 AM

Aug 2018
Poor Kuroko she got another injury

Also i really like that they showed a detailed POV of both Mitori and Kuroko on how they will outsmart each other, Kuroko win the battle with the help of Saten and Uiharu.

The way Kuroko beat Mitori was so climactic!

I knew it Misaki will not gonna lost that easily lol

another amazing episode!
5/5 ep
B O C C H I  S W E E P
May 5, 2020 1:39 AM

Aug 2018
SandyBoi said:
Kuroko learning from her fight with Awaki. Good shit.
Misaki with the big brain moves. <3
Gensei can get fucked!

Aight, Touma and Gunha are up next episode!

Good point, that Kuroko vs Awaki from Index was a good fight also
I think Kuroko lost in that fight
B O C C H I  S W E E P
May 5, 2020 7:45 AM

Jun 2016
Haunt-bot said:
Finally got to my most anticipated scene from the manga: Kuroko kicking the shit out of Kozakou. Did not disappoint.

Kuroko is a badass mofo.

hei.. your profile picture from what anime ??
kinda interesting for me ,could you tell me ?
May 5, 2020 12:30 PM

Jun 2012
NirvashX1 said:
Haunt-bot said:

Kuroko is a badass mofo.

Magical Girl Raising Project
Shoot first, think never.
May 5, 2020 1:01 PM

Dec 2015
Haunt-bot said:
NirvashX1 said:

Magical Girl Raising Project

and the character is also voiced be Arai Satmoi! (Kuroko VA, just thought it was a fun fact worth saying XD)
May 6, 2020 1:11 PM

Feb 2007
People keep stealing the previews... :D
May 11, 2020 6:26 AM

Jul 2009
Misaki was great here! Really, I would never guess...
Kuroko's battle was great, she is amazing...
May 11, 2020 7:35 AM

May 2020
Although the first five minutes of the episode was a recap of what had happened, it definitely did help with the delay between this episode and the last one, and Kuroko heading it makes it even better.

The revelation of Misaki wiping her own memory after installing a self destruct code was amazing. That’s what makes Railgun’s power system so incredible compared in Index’s in my opinion: rather than adding more abilities/magic into the mix to solve issues or provide more conflicts, Railgun simply uses every ability at its disposal and makes the most of each ability’s utility and limitations. In fact, even compared to other superpower anime, Railgun’s power system is still done incredibly well.

And that fight between Kuroko and Mitori was absolutely satisfying, even given how short it was in actuality. Kuroko in my eyes is probably one of the best highlights of this season so far. Also a nice confirmation that Mitori was actually Dolly’s first friend.

And now onto the final stage of the arc. Honestly, I’m rather grateful for the five minute recap in this episode; it just means that the series can make most of the airtime and put everything into this next episode.
May 16, 2020 11:03 AM

Mar 2010
Damn, I thought this series has lost its touch. Damn, how I was wrong. Kuroko vs Mitori wasn't exactly stellar, but it was good. Highlight of this show however was Misaki vs Gensei. Never thought she brainwash herself to finally win in the end.
May 27, 2020 2:11 PM
Aug 2019
Kuroko taking a knife through the hand actually gave me chills omg. Best episode so far!!
Jul 10, 2020 3:30 PM
Feb 2018
Part recap episode but the other part as great the secondary characters got the most screen time railgun a great ensemble cast
Jul 10, 2020 5:44 PM
Nov 2017
I Love how psychological this anime. With Misaki and her mind game fight, as well as just the effects of the past on Mitori. What this series does best is showcase the darkness of academy city and how it effects different people in different ways. Misaki is willing to sacrifice herself to save lives, especially the sisters. And is a bit thundered about her feelings towards misaka herself. While Mitori is willing to burn the city down, yet flinched when she thought she killed Shirai.
Jul 10, 2020 9:45 PM

Dec 2013
I loved both of these battles. Fights where both parties are trying to outsmart each other are the best kinds of fights.

Shokuho's plan to lose the fight in order to win really was risky but also extremely clever. I wouldn't have seen it coming either.

Kuroko blocking the knife with her hand was badass. I like her a lot more when she's being serious instead of her usual perverted self.

Misaka has reached her final form! Time for a classic Touma punch!
Sep 21, 2020 1:23 AM

Dec 2019
that kuroko and mitori fight was so good!
Oct 3, 2020 1:40 PM

Nov 2019
really amazing episode,
sadly thats all i can say. it's just amazing
Jan 26, 2021 1:57 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man up until this season kuroko has been borderline annoying. Now she's borderline badass, showing her smart side and taking hits like a champ. She blocked a throwing knife with her hand, and she was already beat up and in bandages- think she was still supposed to be in the hospital after her fight with the other teleporting chick in either index one or two I forget. And they're finally showing her utilizing her teleportation powers to the max. Maybe they took some inspiration and took a page out of mob psycho II's book LOL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 29, 2021 12:29 PM

Aug 2018
Kuroko and Uiharu~ Good job~ ;P Both of them are impressive.. And Kuroko is especially impressive during this arc..
And ok.. So Dolly's past friend motivation was to get revenge for Dolly on everyone, and city heads on particular?.. It makes sense..
And.. Misaki's motivation in helping sisters all along was Dolly as well?.. Damn, these both motivations were right there, and only now I see them.. ;D
Aug 30, 2021 11:03 AM

Jun 2017
Man, Kuroko gets into more death-matches (well, where HER life is in serious danger) than anyone else in the series by far. I mean, she gets
in Index, if I recall. That's pretty messed up. Nothing remotely comparable happens to anyone but Touma, who gets to cheat by

As good a power as teleportation would be, it's not nearly as OP as Touma's power, because using it would require a hell of a lot more technical ability and forethought - not to mention creativity to utilize it in combat and NOT be predictable - which is something I'm glad to see this series address more than once. It's a great power but it would also be one of the most difficult to use effectively more than once or twice in a row. I can guarantee if I had it, I would end up hurting or killing myself. No doubt about that at all. I can barely manage to run though a couple rooms in a house or building without fumbling into breaking something or myself.

...anyway, the girl is impossibly badass, and she never stops thinking / analyzing the situation, even when she gets seriously wounded... hell, she was taking on esper criminals when she was in elementary school, stopping bank robberies and shit. Definitely the character that surprised me most consistently. It more than makes up for her irritating behavior when Misaka is around... 👌 I'm forced to give her a pass for all of her sexual harassment and molestation.
Alpha-MethylAug 30, 2021 11:23 AM
Aug 30, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2017
Tsuukaku-Zanryuu said:
SandyBoi said:
Kuroko learning from her fight with Awaki. Good shit.
Misaki with the big brain moves. <3
Gensei can get fucked!

Aight, Touma and Gunha are up next episode!

Good point, that Kuroko vs Awaki from Index was a good fight also
I think Kuroko lost in that fight

Hey, she only lost because

You won't see Kuroko doing something like that! Otherwise she was pretty much matching her step-by-step. Not that she didn't get kinda messed up in their previous encounter too - but they both walked away with some stab wounds, once all was said and done.

When your opponent has to pull a desperate cheat like that, in a super-power battle, when you have very similar powers, and you survive? That's as close to a win as losing can get! (lol, what..?)
Alpha-MethylAug 30, 2021 11:31 AM
Jan 30, 2022 6:16 AM

Apr 2013
I like that Shokuho came out on top in the end, tampering with her own memories was a plan I thought about last episode as well. Now she can read Gensei's mind and manipulate him, shouldn't that be pretty much GG now? Also Toma just stfu...
Feb 12, 2022 8:39 AM

Aug 2020
Shokuhou 5head, big brain! Absolute crazed episode. Loved it

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 16, 2022 4:43 PM

Aug 2019
not a fan of any kind of recaps but tsundere kuroko doing a recap works for me and surprisingly smart play from our blonde
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2023 1:30 PM

May 2020
Kuroko beating and owning Mitori like there's no tomorrow lamooo. She got that spotlight she hugely deserves and needless to say every minute was worth it. Heck even that five minute commentary recap from her. Would also mention how it wasn't just both of them throwing hands, but also playing with each other's minds. In the end, Kuroko was just too good.

Also we went kind of far with the "I outsmarted your outsmarting" thing right? Who would've thought Misaki would go that far just so she could fool the old man.

Touma cliche coming.. I can already feel.
Jun 18, 2023 5:47 AM

Nov 2010
17:51 Nice view of Misaki's side boob. I want to lick her so much!

Everything has been revealed now. Gensei's was purely for the sake of science, Mitori's was to avenge Dolly, and Misaki was to protect the city & her secret in her way. I thought she had ulterior motives; I was wrong.

Good fight between Kuroko & Mitori. They squeezed every tactic possible to outdo the other.
So much outplaying between Misaki & Gensei. Literally a big-brain play by Misaki in the end.
Nov 29, 2023 5:59 PM

Nov 2023
Kuroko doing her best! Keep doing it!
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

Dec 2018
This season has been absolutely appalling. Honestly would rather beat my head against a wall at this point. Bastardized characterization, wonky plot, HORRIBLE direction, I could not care less at this point. No wonder there wasn't any more seasons.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.